Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default I dont use this term lightly, but...

Party Punch is Pay 2 Win. Bald faced, outrageous, shameless P2W.

When you get something like dozen Favors on a full run of the challenge, getting any of the rewards is going to represent hours of grinding the same challenge over and over.

Or you can buy a potion for 25 TP that gives you a 5% chance on kill to get a favor. That means every ~240 kills is the same as a full run of the challenge. Considering how fast you can rack them up in places like Epic Orchard, that's an insane increase in your Favor earning rate.

I was worried about this before, too. Punch needs to be put on the Favor Vendor itself so you can buy it without spending DP (after grinding a few Challenges at first), or else I dont know how else to describe the item other than blatantly unfair.

Community Member grubenbrobrobroketv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

I was worried about this before, too. Punch needs to be put on the Favor Vendor itself so you can buy it without spending DP (after grinding a few Challenges at first), or else I dont know how else to describe the item other than blatantly unfair.
    if you dont have 100 points saved up for four hours of these things then i dont know what to say. these potions are FREE. get some favor and get 25 ddo points for FREE.

they are not blatantly unfair they are 25 cents.

or you could get a group of people together and run the party challenge quickly for 3 minute runs is about the same rate as the apparant p2w OP item as you say.
    shameless pay to win would be selling the anniversary tokens for 1500 ddo points, a 25 cent hour long potion is the furthest thing from outragious pay to win. pump the brakes.

Oh good grief. Do you ever stop complaining and actually play the game?
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I suppose I am playing for now. I wish you all many happy adventures!

Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

Weekly Coupon
    Party Punch x1
    Coupon Code PUNCHY
    Now through March 4th!

Community Member

Or you can buy a potion for 25 TP that gives you a 5% chance on kill to get a favor. That means every ~240 kills is the same as a full run of the challenge. Considering how fast you can rack them up in places like Epic Orchard, that's an insane increase in your Favor earning rate.
    At the same time, VIP players want to see more "value" from their subscription. One thing VIP gets is 500 TP every month. Now I don't know what other VIP players do with 6000 TP each year, but personally, I have plenty stored up now and the question is what am I going to use that for to get "value"?

Spending 25 of a relatively huge pile would make some sense to me. It may not for everyone but to me low priced fluff like this is a potential value add. You can call it pay 2 win if you want, that doesn't bother me on top of the xp bonus VIP gives too. But such gimmicks are a way for players to selectively get more value for a subscription in light of the VIP monthly TP.

Community Member

I was *****in about the the game too and I still dislike so much stuff they've done, but I just saw it's 30% xp for vip atm. That's pretty sweet. brb tr'ing into a Bard. then again i think my sub ran out on the 23rd rip never mind.

When you get something like dozen Favors on a full run of the challenge, getting any of the rewards is going to represent hours of grinding the same challenge over and over.

Please. This isn't even on the threshold of P2W. Entering the Anniversary dungeon is free and you can go as many times as you like without waiting for anyone or anything. On the other hand if you're a new player in Crystal Cove, a compass is 45 DDO pts and its completely random how long it takes one to drop for you. You can't be passed one, and even Doubloons are BTA so you just have to wait till you have enough to buy one or it drops. Same goes for Night Revel Keys however they have a better drop rate but can't be purchased with motes.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by grubenbrobrobroketv View Post
    if you dont have 100 points saved up for four hours of these things then i dont know what to say. these potions are FREE. get some favor and get 25 ddo points for FREE.
    Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    At the same time, VIP players want to see more "value" from their subscription. One thing VIP gets is 500 TP every month.
    It seems like it cant be both things though. Either DP are valuable and its P2W, or they're worthless and add no value to VIP...

Feigned outrage is tiresome.
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Ultrasoul - Assistant to the Regional Manager of Lava Divers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Post of the day

I am Awesomesauce!

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    One thing VIP gets is 500 TP every month. Now I don't know what other VIP players do with 6000 TP each year
    Personally I spend a bunch on stuff like raid bypass timers and shards for chest rerolls. Also on new classes/races/iconics. Also consumables like LGS unslotters, augment kits, etc.

And of course fun stuff like pet animations (go dancing cube go!).

I'm definitely planning on buying some of these party favors
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

So is mini-expansion after they lied to us saying no expansions for 2021
    Main toons: IronThatcher (tank & box breaker for inquisitives), Mehhh (ranger)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am the dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    The anti-p2w position is all about PLAYING the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by annex View Post
    oh good grief. Do you ever stop complaining and actually play the game?
    lol

You get free points for house favor.
    spending free points for this item is still free to play.
    as well lets include the fact that points are shared though out all the servers.
    i have 10 toons
    on 8 servers
    leveled to the 1st point where favor points are granted for 25 points.
    80 x 25 = 2000 free points.
    if I did it it would take maybe a week.
    Last edited by archest; 02-25-2021 at 02:09 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by grubenbrobrobroketv View Post

they are not blatantly unfair they are 25 cents.

or you could get a group of people together and run the party challenge quickly for 3 minute runs is about the same rate as the apparant p2w OP item as you say.
    shameless pay to win would be selling the anniversary tokens for 1500 ddo points, a 25 cent hour long potion is the furthest thing from outragious pay to win. pump the brakes.
    Truth

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

As outrageous micro-transactions go this one is meh.
    We get a free shot (PUNCH)
    It's easily attainable from the store(100 favor).
    It runs in line with other events in the past. (Night revels key drop buff, ice skating tickets- no defunct, Compass drop buff- Crystal Cove)

I think Droid is pulling people's legs (i.e. kidding.) Maybe not, but as hills to die on go, this one is pretty tiny.
    Last edited by Jerevth; 02-25-2021 at 07:18 AM.
    I'm starting to get jaded about this whole process- OP release, backend nerf- it's the proverbial mule and the carrot and I end up feeling like an ***.

Community Member

My experience last night was not what you described. Two of us took our free Punch, went to Epic Orchard at 24th level. Drank lots of good vibes, split up and killed for an hour. Got 3200 kills (yes used a potion - so figure there were an actual total of 1500 kills) and a total party favor count for us both of 40 (23 and 17). Maybe the slayer pots messed things up, maybe RNG is simply RNG. We left and reentered 4 times (once the population density was too far down) during that time.

Obviously we are not uber, top tier killing machines, but we don't care about that. Math says (I suck at math - truly don't like it but I used a calculator): 1500 * 5% = 75. We're 35 short, making our drop rate what, 2.7%? We do the challenge runs at @7.5 minutes and get 10 per run (this is our most effective rate) so in that hour we could have got through 8 runs baring a couple failed saves. 80 party favors - EACH!

If it is pay to win, it's not worth it. Only reason it was is because we were making great first time Orchard exps on potions; favors were just frosting on the cake I guess. Won't be buying more unless we hit extreme burnout getting the items we want.

If you were being sarcastic, good on ya!

You should ask Cordovan to delete this thread. The only thing you accomplish here is make yourself look like a complete idiot.

Community Manager

My experience with the Party Punch last night "grinding" a high-density low level quest for Party Favors was that a dedicated effort will be on par with running the Anniversary Event. I ended up with a bit more than 100 party favors, so equal to about eight runs of the Anniversary event at five levels above. Can you do eight runs in an hour? I'd think so. That lends credence to the intention of the Party Potion to be an alternative for people who burn out on running the Anniversary Event or just don't want to for whatever reason. You can run your regular quests and goals and get enough for event stuff, or theoretically you could min-max it and get as much to a bit more than an equivalent run of the event.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast