Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    My experience with the Party Punch last night "grinding" a high-density low level quest for Party Favors was that a dedicated effort will be on par with running the Anniversary Event. I ended up with a bit more than 100 party favors, so equal to about eight runs of the Anniversary event at five levels above. Can you do eight runs in an hour? I'd think so. That lends credence to the intention of the Party Potion to be an alternative for people who burn out on running the Anniversary Event or just don't want to for whatever reason. You can run your regular quests and goals and get enough for event stuff, or theoretically you could min-max it and get as much to a bit more than an equivalent run of the event.
    Will Party Punch work after the Event ends? Can I stock pile and use all year?

Cheers,
    M.

Everyone is entitled their opinion, butt you know what they say about opinions.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

My experience with the Party Punch last night "grinding" a high-density low level quest for Party Favors was that a dedicated effort will be on par with running the Anniversary Event. I ended up with a bit more than 100 party favors, so equal to about eight runs of the Anniversary event at five levels above. Can you do eight runs in an hour? I'd think so. That lends credence to the intention of the Party Potion to be an alternative for people who burn out on running the Anniversary Event or just don't want to for whatever reason. You can run your regular quests and goals and get enough for event stuff, or theoretically you could min-max it and get as much to a bit more than an equivalent run of the event.
    [[Sorry if I've missed this info elsewhere, but to clarify...]]

So there's no over-level affect/penalty - it's a straight 5% per kill regardless?
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    [[Sorry if I've missed this info elsewhere, but to clarify...]]

So there's no over-level affect/penalty - it's a straight 5% per kill regardless?
    That is indeed how it is currently functioning, although I suspect that may be something we may need to consider further for long-term health of the Party Favor ingredient item.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

That is indeed how it is currently functioning, although I suspect that may be something we may need to consider further for long-term health of the Party Favor ingredient item.

Appreciate the reply.

That ominous "this may change" is gonna be real popular if it comes down.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Appreciate the reply.

That ominous "this may change" is gonna be real popular if it comes down.
    Eh I don't think it'll change optimal farming behavior anyway. Clearing at-level Normal scaled mobs is still one-hit for the most part, and mob density is greatest in places like epic Orchard. That's still going to beat things like Butcher's Path overlevel runs.

If it works outside the Anniversary event though I suspect we'll see people farming a lifetime supply during Night Revels while they key farm too lol
    Last edited by droid327; 02-25-2021 at 11:56 AM.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Eh, it's not really that much different than using Grog during Cove, or Draught of Midnight during Night Revels, IMHO.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Party Punch is Pay 2 Win. Bald faced, outrageous, shameless P2W.
    I just did Kobold Assault with it on level 6 with some hirelings on Elite difficulty.

Result : Yeah right, P2W !

I got ONE Party Favor out of that !!!

Yeah, right. P2W. Of course. Naturally.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by guzzlr View Post
    My experience last night was not what you described. Two of us took our free Punch, went to Epic Orchard at 24th level. Drank lots of good vibes, split up and killed for an hour. Got 3200 kills (yes used a potion - so figure there were an actual total of 1500 kills) and a total party favor count for us both of 40 (23 and 17). Maybe the slayer pots messed things up, maybe RNG is simply RNG. We left and reentered 4 times (once the population density was too far down) during that time.
    Right now, only the person who gets the kill has a chance for a party favor.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Yeah we figured that out :/

That why we split up and dis separate kills. At the end of the hour the total kill count was just over 1500 and the total party favor was 40 (23 and 17). So whatever we were doing was not the way to do it, or RNG be RNG.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    I just did Kobold Assault with it on level 6 with some hirelings on Elite difficulty.

Result : Yeah right, P2W !

I got ONE Party Favor out of that !!!

Yeah, right. P2W. Of course. Naturally.
    Thats...objectively a bad idea. KA is like 300 kills across 12 mins. That's a horrible spawn rate, you're better off doing Butchers' Path 3-4 times. Though you also had really bad luck since you should've gotten like 15. Or you were letting your pet/hire get too many kills, maybe.

That being said, once I ran the numbers its not quite as egregious as I thought it was when I first posted, so I'll recant a bit about this

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Does anyone know if pet/hireling kills count for the 5% chance?

Edit: nvm, just read droid's response and it turns out it does not.
    Khyber: Nimrud (caster), Tadko (tank), Yayamee (monk), Healingonly (melee FvS), Almeya (trapper), Groggor (barb), Feneya (monkcher), Zornix and some others
    Hardcore season 1: AveDarkLord (5k fav)

Community Member

The optimal party favor strategy is still playing the event with one fast/competent runner and 2-4 side boss killers. Probably ~3 minutes on average, I'm sure some players can do better than that.

The party punch might be a value add for players who can't or prefer not to get into a coordinated group.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    The optimal party favor strategy is still playing the event with one fast/competent runner and 2-4 side boss killers. Probably ~3 minutes on average, I'm sure some players can do better than that.

The party punch might be a value add for players who can't or prefer not to get into a coordinated group.
    That's exactly it.

I can run BP on normal with my overlevel warlock in about 2.5 minutes. I get 3-7 favors per run. So if we said the average was 5, that's about 2 per minute. If I do the event at +5 levels, I get 12 favors, but it takes me 10+ minutes to do solo with all the extra running around, pausing to heal (or recast buffs). That's about 1.2 per minute.

With a group of at least 3, though? Yeah, the event is much better. We haven't gotten it down to 3 minutes yet, but we've gotten it to below 5.
    Last edited by Braniac; 02-26-2021 at 12:12 AM.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Or you were letting your pet/hire get too many kills, maybe.
    Nobody warned me that this could happen. Is there any place where this is documented for reading ?
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member

For me and my GF drop rate was closer to 2.5 on our freebies, so yeah, not gonna buy any.

Community Member

Well, I just used my Party Punch to solo some low level quests for favor. I tried to pick quests that had a high density of monsters and that were so low in level that I could kill them in one shot. The end result is that I got 45 Party Favors over the course of the 1 hour that my potion was in effect, so I definitely don't think it is necessary to nerf the Party Potion to not include low level monsters in dungeons that are not worth experience. It was indeed more fun running these quests when doing so got me Party Favors as well, but it was far from OP.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Not sure what you were "grinding", Cord, but my best run of a PP punch got me 13 in an hour (on my alchemist who is one-shotting groups in quests and explorer areas).

In my static group we were down to 4:38 or so per Anniversary run and getting 12 favors per run. I had a PUG yesterday at about 5:30.

Bottom line, in my experience, the Party Punch:

1. Is no where close to simply running the event for rate of return;
    2. Means you have to do the kills, not the party, resulting in more selfish and solo play; and
    3. Is not worth the the points.

The Punch drop rate needs some adjustment to even be worth the 25 Points.
    Last edited by Hafeal; 03-01-2021 at 04:56 PM.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12 - -13- -14! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12