Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default U48.4 Preview 2: Main Thread

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 2 of Update 48 Patch 4 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday Febuary 18th.

There will be a dev event on Wednesday February 17th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real time on Lamannia.

This preview is expected to contain the following features:

In addition to those primary features it also contains the following miscellaneous changes and bugfixes:

Character
    • Alchemist's Bear Greater Evolution no longer sticks to you forever.
    • Wildhunt Shift no longer erroneously grants +4 Constitution.
    • Razorclaw Shifter's tree is now properly titled "Razorclaw Shifter".
    • Paladin KOTC's Blessed Purpose stacks are now properly titled "Blessed Purpose" (was labeled Ascendancy).
    • Paladin KOTC's Champion of Good no longer gives an unlisted change (from +3 to +5) to the amount of Melee and Ranged Power each stack of Blessed Purpose gives; it instead only increases the max stack size to 25, as listed.
    • Spells: Horn of Thunder now has new visual and audio effects.
    • Renegade Mastermaker: removed Conjure Component from the game.
    • Warlock Aura colors now change depending on your Pact Choice.
    • Fixed several warlock visual effects being the wrong color.

Items
    • The Cookie Jar now holds the Cookies from the Anniversary Event.
    • Several Feywild items have had their effects hidden from the buffbar to prevent visual clutter.
    • Frozen Keys no longer fit inside of Ingredient Bags. If you have Keys that are currently inside of those bags, they may be removed but will not return to within the bag once you have done so.
    • All Raid Runes (except for Shroud) can now be used by double-clicking them instead of needing to go to the questgiver NPC.

Quests
    • Animated Armors in the Extraplanar Palace challenges are now properly vulnerable to Rust damage.
    • Soul Survivor has had some cosmetic changes.
    • A minor cosmetic issue has been resolved on the Barovia landscape.

Miscellaneous
    • Launcher: Patching Speeds have been greatly increased.
    • The firey projectiles sometimes thrown by Fire Beetles will now properly display.
    • Fixed some bad object filterting on Rally Cry (purple dragon knight/war chanter), Purple Dragon Knight Aura and FVS becon of Hope and wall of healing that contributes to lag in certain situations.
    • Lamannia Only Note: sharn ingredients can now be found in u43 filigree shop
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 02-16-2021 at 01:08 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    • Paladin KOTC's Blessed Purpose stacks are now properly titled "Blessed Purpose" (was labeled Ascendancy).
    • Paladin KOTC's Champion of Good no longer gives an unlisted change (from +3 to +5) to the amount of Melee and Ranged Power each stack of Blessed Purpose gives; it instead only increases the max stack size to 25, as listed.
    Looks nice, glad to see the pally MP nerf, as it was out of line with what was not only expected (since it was an unlisted change) but also with other capstones give.

Default Warlock Changes... MIA

My bad, the changes are there, just don't have the word warlock in them,
    Last edited by TPICKRELL; 02-16-2021 at 01:34 PM.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    I don't see any mention of the Warlock changes in these threads.

I can understand if they did not make it into the code in time for this build, but can you please give us an idea of the plans?

Their are several of us who are trying to decide what to do with our warlocks and the great big goose egg in the notes is not inspiring.
    • The feat Epic Eldritch Blast is now: +2d6 Blast Dice, +1 per 2 Epic levels, max +7d6 dice at level 30.
    • The feat Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast is now Epic Pact Dice, and grants +1 Pact dice, +1 per 2 Epic Levels, for a max +6d4 Pact Dice at level 30.
    • Meteor Swarm is no longer penalized by Fire Sorcerer Savant
    • There are now 5 new Alchemist spells, the Concentrated Vial spells, in levels 2 and 3. They deal 1d6 damage +1 per caster level every 2 seconds for 16 seconds, can stack 3x.

From the spells page

Quote Originally Posted by Stravix View Post
    From the spells page
    Thank you, i searched each page for the te4xt warlock and there was no mention on the spells page. My bad.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Default Warlock Abyss pact

@Dev’s

Please have a look at the Warlocks Abyss pact while your working on the class.

Justification...

1) No one really likes the Abyss pact considering the blast dice lost from Celestial Spirit‘s transform restrictions.

2) The Warlocks pacts Eldritch “aura” while doing negative damage, doesn’t heal the player. Instead the player is required to use the death aura spell line, which makes no sense. Overall this feels very sloppy and poorly though out.

-Smoke

Miscellaneous
    • Lamannia Only Note: sharn ingredients can now be found in u43 filigree shop
    Yay!
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown
    *12609*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

All Raid Runes (except for Shroud) can now be used by double-clicking them instead of needing to go to the questgiver NPC.
    Fantastic quality of life change.
    DPS solves all problems. R10 or bust. Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi

What about Feytwisted gear?
    Miscellaneous
    • Lamannia Only Note: sharn ingredients can now be found in u43 filigree shop[/COLOR]
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.

Default Warlock changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewolf View Post
    @Dev’s

Please have a look at the Warlocks Abyss pact while your working on the class.

Justification...

1) No one really likes the Abyss pact considering the blast dice lost from Celestial Spirit‘s transform restrictions.

2) The Warlocks pacts Eldritch “aura” while doing negative damage, doesn’t heal the player. Instead the player is required to use the death aura spell line, which makes no sense. Overall this feels very sloppy and poorly though out.

-Smoke
    I use abyss but I do have those same nitpicks. It makes no sense it doesn't heal me. I would still keep death aura as its a handy spell. Main trouble with all pacts really is that if your enemy is immune to your element you are kinda screwed. (abyss has to turn everything off with any undeads as you heal them, go figure) Maybe adding remove immunity to your element tagged on top of lvl 12 warlock feat.

Loving the blue colour with my abyss pact aura but love them to also be in the spirit blast and burst. Just like to match the colours. Damage increase is still quite low but its a good step to the right direction.

I wish I could be an undead celestial and combine the forms but cant have all. I do find uses for both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stravix View Post
    Looks nice, glad to see the pally MP nerf, as it was out of line with what was not only expected (since it was an unlisted change) but also with other capstones give.
    It's not a nerf when they are fixing a bug. Was never supposed to change the melee power stacking from 3 to 5.

Ascendency: +2 to hit and damage with all weapons. An additional +2 to hit and damage with Favored Weapons. You gain 15% Fortification Bypass. Whenever you attack an undead or evil outsider with a Favored Weapon, you gain a stack of Blessed Purpose: +3 Sacred Bonus to Melee and Ranged Power that lasts for 6 seconds. You can acquire up to 15 stacks (25 stacks if you have level 20 Capstone) by continuing to attack Undead or Evil Outsiders. Switching to a non-Favored Weapon will reset your stacks.
    Champion of Good: You gain +4 Charisma, +10 Melee Power, +10 Ranged Power. The bonuses granted by Courage of Heaven are increased by an additional +2. Your attacks now deal 7d6 additional Light damage. Any weapon you wield is considered Good aligned for purposes of bypassing damage reduction. Your Aura of Courage now grants allies a +3% Sacred Bonus to melee and ranged damage. Blessed Purpose now stacks up to 25 times.

Default The Prince's Gauntlet Still Bugged

It is providing a +93 profane bonus to negative healing amplification instead of the intended +93 competence bonus. Can we adjust this while we are updating other feywild items this go around?

Thanks!
    Beni - Argonnessen - Religiously Bumptious Escapades

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKaster View Post
    It is providing a +93 profane bonus to negative healing amplification instead of the intended +93 competence bonus. Can we adjust this while we are updating other feywild items this go around?

Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure it's WAI. It's supposed to give whatever the base type of healing amp is for that method of healing, profane for negative and competence for positive + repair.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKaster View Post

Thanks!
    The typing is weird on amplification items. I don't think the intent is to give new stacking bonuses, but to be a slightly better source of the main bonus for each amplification type which is:

competence: healing amp
    profane: negative healing amp
    enhancement: repair amp

So I believe this is how the gloves are typed for each type of amplification and it's most likely wai. I have no clue why each type of amplification is typed differently.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

• All Raid Runes (except for Shroud) can now be used by double-clicking them instead of needing to go to the questgiver NPC.
    Please give whoever came up with this an extra cookie. Great idea, nice QOL change.

Community Member

Copy to Lamannia not working, goes through the process but after login there are no characters present on the server.

Nevermind it finally worked.
    Last edited by nobodynobody1426; 02-16-2021 at 05:49 PM.

No more alchemist nerfs? This game is a joke right now since they trivialize all content and make playing any other class completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    No more alchemist nerfs? This game is a joke right now since they trivialize all content and make playing any other class completely pointless.
    you arnt happy enough with what they have done?
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

This is a nice change, but unless you stop Paladins from accessing Fury ED this will make minimal impact to overall DPS.

I hope in the upcoming ED revamp, class archetypes are locked to their respective EDs (Barbs to Primal, Sorcs to Arcane etc.) and twists are removed from game & nuked from orbit. Game is out-of-balance for years now.

I like the new Horn of Thunder sound, although the actual thunderstorm part of it could be boosted a bit, it's too quiet (I also think this should be added to the Call Lightning Storm spell as a random sound effect, like thunder clouds in the distance, that would be AWESOME). I'm not sure about the visuals, just looks like Cyclonic Blast. Interesting that it also functions like Cyclonic Blast in that it's now a double-range bolt spell instead of a cone (which is quite nice, since it gives bards another ranged spell rather than just sonic blast). I guess I'll have to find a magnetism augment to boost my electric spellpower, now.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast