Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. #1
    Community Member timmy9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    505

    Default Please out bloody foot prints on the store

    Hey devs, can you put the bloody foot prints on the store. ...cheers

  2. #2
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,700

    Default

    I don't begrudge you footprints. It is an awesome cosmetic. But no bloody ones since it was a hardcore reward.

    Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

  3. #3
    Community Member Dragavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,550

    Default

    I do not play on hardcore myself, so I do not have any hardcore reward.

    But SSG should never ever put any hardcore reward in the shop. That would just be so wrong.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    67

    Default Perhaps an alternative

    Perhaps, with the release of Feywild, there might be Fairy Footprints in the Store. Make 'em green/pink/purple, and maybe with . . . sparkles?

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    2,754

    Default

    I have the feet.

    It wouldn't bother me if other people had them as well.
    Sarlona: Tobril | Syg | Trogbril

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    I do not play on hardcore myself, so I do not have any hardcore reward.

    But SSG should never ever put any hardcore reward in the shop. That would just be so wrong.
    This.

    However, they could be offered again as an optional reward in a future HCL.

  7. #7
    Community Member Mofus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    I do not play on hardcore myself, so I do not have any hardcore reward.

    But SSG should never ever put any hardcore reward in the shop. That would just be so wrong.
    I agree, those rewards should stay as Hardcore only rewards. Same for Reaper cosmetics. Let them put the rewards back up for Hardcore league and people can earn them.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

  8. #8
    Community Member J1NG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,993

    Default

    I'd personally want a "dusty footprints" version instead, one that's a moderate light grey on the edges of the print and slightly darker in the middle, simulating a look of someone who recently went past light footed. And the grey "mostly" matches all environments colourschemes without standing out badly like Bloody Footprints does (Snow, under water, stone, desert, forest, White Marble, etc). That'll make it possible to do some better looking immersive screen shots.

    J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

  9. #9
    Community Member kanordog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timmy9999 View Post
    Hey devs, can you put the bloody foot prints on the store. ...cheers
    Alchemist class: $20
    Wish of inheritance: $30
    Failwild: $40
    Alienate Your players: Priceless
    You nerfed my monks, dailies and alchemists.
    I nerfed your profit on two accounts.

  10. #10
    Hero Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobril View Post
    I have the feet.

    It wouldn't bother me if other people had them as well.
    I don't have the feat and it would bother me greatly if they were sold.
    The first hardcore season rewards should be a sacred cow for those that succeeded.
    Those HC rewards should forever remain unobtainable in their original form. ( Though variants would be acceptable. )

    If the Devs made this available then I think all versions of the Reaper Cosmetics should be made available in the DDO store as well.
    Last edited by Noir; 02-14-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

  11. #11
    Community Member SiliconScout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    2,679

    Default

    No.,

    It was a reward and a hard one to get in HC1. I wanted it and came up short. I didn't die I just ran out of time once I decided I wanted them. I would LOVE a set but they were earned by people who put in the time and I would hate to see those accomplishments cheapened if they were in the store.

    Also, let's be honest if HC cosmetics were eventually just going to end up in the store then frankly there's no reason to run HC, and HC is the reason I went VIP after a decade of Premium.
    I wish i could press snowflakes in a book like flowers.
    Some people are like glow sticks. You just wanna snap 'em and then shake the heck out of them until the lights come on.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,139

    Default

    I dont have the bloody feed and I would really love to have them - but that should not be possible in any way for me.

    Neither should something similar be added to the store.

    What should be done is adding "dusty grey" or "icy blue" footsteps to the next Hard Core League. That way both those of us without the bloody footsteps and those with the bloody footsteps will have something to hunt for. A win-win situation.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    No.,

    It was a reward and a hard one to get in HC1. I wanted it and came up short. I didn't die I just ran out of time once I decided I wanted them. I would LOVE a set but they were earned by people who put in the time and I would hate to see those accomplishments cheapened if they were in the store.

    Also, let's be honest if HC cosmetics were eventually just going to end up in the store then frankly there's no reason to run HC, and HC is the reason I went VIP after a decade of Premium.
    By that logic nothing should be in the store, and a player who free played everything is the only vaild way to play. Also all VIPs are worthless because they pay for a exp boost which makes grinding less hard. Any one joing a guild who didnt self grind the guils for free buffs is cheapend too. As well as all those free packs they gave out, adding in u can buy ability scores. Do you really gague the vaule of somerhing bases upon how othera got ir first?

    That means we arw all living wrong too, because not us but people long ago discovered all the stuff that makes mondern life easy, its all cheapened, and undermines the people who spend 4 months and got all sorts of sickness traveling by horse.

    It 100 percent does not cheapen anything, the people who got it still have the journey they went through. It took me 100s of hours to obtain a kurki of fire and fully upgrade it in the temple of evil, it isnt even that good, but i enjoyed getting it. Stop basing your worth of things in your life based upon what you think others have to do its a huge flaw, and ruins most all enjoyment leading to some misguided race of imagary value in the first place.

  14. #14
    Bounty Hunter slarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonesols View Post
    By that logic nothing should be in the store, and a player who free played everything is the only vaild way to play. Also all VIPs are worthless because they pay for a exp boost which makes grinding less hard. Any one joing a guild who didnt self grind the guils for free buffs is cheapend too. As well as all those free packs they gave out, adding in u can buy ability scores. Do you really gague the vaule of somerhing bases upon how othera got ir first?

    That means we arw all living wrong too, because not us but people long ago discovered all the stuff that makes mondern life easy, its all cheapened, and undermines the people who spend 4 months and got all sorts of sickness traveling by horse.

    It 100 percent does not cheapen anything, the people who got it still have the journey they went through. It took me 100s of hours to obtain a kurki of fire and fully upgrade it in the temple of evil, it isnt even that good, but i enjoyed getting it. Stop basing your worth of things in your life based upon what you think others have to do its a huge flaw, and ruins most all enjoyment leading to some misguided race of imagary value in the first place.
    The store offers items to help make obtaining things like hc rewards and reaper wings easier, but not those things.

    If you want achievement cosmetics earn them.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

  15. #15
    Community Member Annex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,392

    Default

    Vexa the Dagger: I totally think they should add Unpleasantly Stained Pants to the DDO Store.

    Sophie the Cat Burglar: Vexa! Get off my computer this very instant. You are on time out!

    Vexa the Dagger: No, no. This is important. Newbs and Poors need something to work for. I am totally looking out for them and proposing a thematically appropriate cosmetic item.

    Sophie the Cat Burglar: You are not helping anyone! You are stirring the pot!

    Vexa the Dagger: Yeah. Looks like Pork and Beans from here.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I suppose I am playing for now. I wish you all many happy adventures!

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    The store offers items to help make obtaining things like hc rewards and reaper wings easier, but not those things.

    If you want achievement cosmetics earn them.
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonesols View Post
    It 100 percent does not cheapen anything
    The point of these cosmetics is that you earn them via time and effort in game. Having them available in the store nullifies any meaning they have beyond "oh hey that looks cool." They also would not look as cool if anyone could have them because as a part of human nature, one of the factors in how cool something is perceived is how unique or rare or prestigious it is. If anyone can have bloody footprints or wings, for example, they lose their symbolic meaning so they are less "cool" and become simply a cosmetic addon. Don't get me wrong, they're still cool as a unique cosmetic, but they lose a lot of coolness.

  17. #17
    Community Member Inanout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hamilton,ON,CA
    Posts
    457

    Default

    This is a funny post really.
    Sell them as they where originally released. So only the owner sees them LOL.
    They apparently create lag so maybe less is best.
    Maybe we should try a no reaper wing week and see if it clears up lag.
    Should leave the bloody prints for those who earned them.
    Protect the Silver Flame at all costs!

  18. #18
    Community Member Varr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inanout View Post
    This is a funny post really.
    Sell them as they where originally released. So only the owner sees them LOL.
    They apparently create lag so maybe less is best.
    Maybe we should try a no reaper wing week and see if it clears up lag.
    Should leave the bloody prints for those who earned them.
    This. They were not excited when we pushed back that after they were earned we found out that they were not visible to all and worked to make them so. I bet that was not optimal for server performance. if so, cant imagine they would put them out to buy or even earn again.

    That being said, I'd put them out for like $300 so the dozen players that must have them and will pony up to get em! Dozen more player with them wont hurt anything, and $3600 could pay for next years Christmas party!
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

  19. #19
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    20,368

    Default

    No.

    I'd love to see a way to earn prior seasons' cosmetics in future HCL seasons, but never put em in the Store.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

    .58888.

  20. #20
    Community Member grudgebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Different type of footprints, wings, more cloaks, more armor, more mounts.

    MOAR MOAR MOAR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload