Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 141
  1. #1
    Associate Producer Cocomajobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,012

    Default U48.4 Post Preview 1 Check In

    Hey all, happy Friday! Just wanted to check in and report on what we’re planning for the next preview (scheduled for next week Tuesday-Thursday but subject to change based on game build issues that may arise). Note that the stuff we’re going to go over is not inclusive as to what’s been changed or will ever be changed, this is just the current highlight reel going into the second preview.

    So, first up, Warlocks are getting a bump targeted at their Epic levels. Unlike other spellcasting classes, in which we could significantly boost their spellbook as part of the spell revamp, Warlock’s main source of damage wasn’t changed for this preview. This means that with our plan to globally adjust spellcasting by modifying spellpower availability, in exchange for a greatly boosted suite of spells, Warlock still needed some extra help. To address this, we’re planning on refactoring their two epic level feats (Epic Eldritch Blast and Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast) into feats that allow your Blast Dice and Pact Dice to scale with your Epic Levels. This is going to shake out to a small bump in mid-epics and a larger one at cap. It’s also going to let us differentiate those two feats a bit, which right now are pretty similar to one another. We also spent some time on the visuals of Warlock, but you’ll need to wait until the next preview to see that stuff in action.

    The other big thing we’d like to take some time to talk about is Alchemist. As many of you have reported, our changes to Multivial that standardized it to other high-level spells is hurting both their AoE damage, as intended, but also their single target damage, which we would like to improve. Furthermore, we would also like to take this time to help early game Alchemist as it levels through early-mid heroics. To address this, we’re planning on creating a new suite of stacking damage over time, single-target spells throughout spell levels 2 and 3. These spells will also be boosted by the Master of Spellvials feat, which will bolster that feat’s effectiveness and mean that the new spells will continue to be effective past heroic levels. Stacking damage over time spells have the potential to greatly improve boss DPS without adding more to their AoE potential. We hope that these new spells will help Alchemists of all levels tackle high-hitpoint monsters, and we especially hope that they can help bolster Alchemists of low levels by filling out their early-game attack chain. We are also spending this time ironing out a ton of Alchemist bugs, and we’re very thankful for the diligent bug reporting on that front.

    We also wanted to quickly clarify a few things that we’ve seen circulating: Yes, THF retains its base 1.5 modifier, which means that at high levels, we are bringing THF from 3.0 to 2.5 (not 2.0). Yes, the feat Two Handed Defense does indeed work on Handwraps, and we’ve clarified the tooltips to be sure that’s clearer in game. Finally, and I know you’ve all been asking for this, we’ve removed the Fire Savant caster level penalty from Meteor Swarm.

    We have more planned for the second preview, so stay tuned! Thank you all for your passionate feedback so far, and please continue to discuss our plans if you have more to say.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 02-12-2021 at 11:32 AM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!


    NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

  2. #2
    Community Member Stravix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Hey all, happy Friday! Just wanted to check in and report on what we’re planning for the next preview (scheduled for next week Tuesday-Thursday but subject to change based on game build issues that may arise). Note that the stuff we’re going to go over is not inclusive as to what’s been changed or will ever be changed, this is just the current highlight reel going into the second preview.

    So, first up, Warlocks are getting a bump targeted at their Epic levels. Unlike other spellcasting classes, in which we could significantly boost their spellbook as part of the spell revamp, Warlock’s main source of damage wasn’t changed for this preview. This means that with our plan to globally adjust spellcasting by modifying spellpower availability, in exchange for a greatly boosted suite of spells, Warlock still needed some extra help. To address this, we’re planning on refactoring their two epic level feats (Epic Eldritch Blast and Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast) into feats that allow your Blast Dice and Pact Dice to scale with your Epic Levels. This is going to shake out to a small bump in mid-epics and a larger one at cap. It’s also going to let us differentiate those two feats a bit, which right now are pretty similar to one another. We also spent some time on the visuals of Warlock, but you’ll need to wait until the next preview to see that stuff in action.

    The other big thing we’d like to take some time to talk about is Alchemist. As many of you have reported, our changes to Multivial that standardized it to other high-level spells is hurting both their AoE damage, as intended, but also their single target damage, which we would like to improve. Furthermore, we would also like to take this time to help early game Alchemist as it levels through early-mid heroics. To address this, we’re planning on creating a new suite of stacking damage over time, single-target spells throughout spell levels 2 and 3. These spells will also be boosted by the Master of Spellvials feat, which will bolster that feat’s effectiveness and mean that the new spells will continue to be effective past heroic levels. Stacking damage over time spells have the potential to greatly improve boss DPS without adding more to their AoE potential. We hope that these new spells will help Alchemists of all levels tackle high-hitpoint monsters, and we especially hope that they can help bolster Alchemists of low levels by filling out their early-game attack chain. We are also spending this time ironing out a ton of Alchemist bugs, and we’re very thankful for the diligent bug reporting on that front.

    We also wanted to quickly clarify a few things that we’ve seen circulating: Yes, THF retains its base 1.5 modifier, which means that at high levels, we are bringing THF from 3.0 to 2.5 (not 2.0). Yes, the feat Two Handed Defense does indeed work on Handwraps, and we’ve clarified the tooltips to be sure that’s clearer in game. Finally, and I know you’ve all been asking for this, we’ve removed the Fire Savant caster level penalty from Meteor Swarm.

    We have more planned for the second preview, so stay tuned! Thank you all for your passionate feedback so far, and please continue to discuss our plans if you have more to say.
    All great news. Glad to hear the locks are getting some love, and alchys have something else to weave into their single target rotations.

    Also, thank you for the confirmation that the 2HF base stat to damage thing was a bug.

    Any chance we could get a little bit more of a look at Vanguard, while the changes are nice, and definitely bring it closer to contention, with it only having 10 MP, it would still lag behind Kensei on dedicated S&B builds, which just feels bad. If the MP could get bumped up to at least 20, it would be a significantly more viable T5 choice.

  3. #3
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Now just give druids another couple of offensive spells between their level 8-9 slots.

    Currently they have, uh, one. Sunburst isn't viable for damage (tho nice for other things), and storm of vengeance is so unusable it's a waste of AP, even as a SLA.
    Almost any other level 9 spell would be OP as an SLA, which explains how bad it is.

  4. #4
    Community Member Iriale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Hey all, happy Friday! Just wanted to check in and report on what we’re planning for the next preview (scheduled for next week Tuesday-Thursday but subject to change based on game build issues that may arise). Note that the stuff we’re going to go over is not inclusive as to what’s been changed or will ever be changed, this is just the current highlight reel going into the second preview.

    So, first up, Warlocks are getting a bump targeted at their Epic levels. Unlike other spellcasting classes, in which we could significantly boost their spellbook as part of the spell revamp, Warlock’s main source of damage wasn’t changed for this preview. This means that with our plan to globally adjust spellcasting by modifying spellpower availability, in exchange for a greatly boosted suite of spells, Warlock still needed some extra help. To address this, we’re planning on refactoring their two epic level feats (Epic Eldritch Blast and Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast) into feats that allow your Blast Dice and Pact Dice to scale with your Epic Levels. This is going to shake out to a small bump in mid-epics and a larger one at cap. It’s also going to let us differentiate those two feats a bit, which right now are pretty similar to one another. We also spent some time on the visuals of Warlock, but you’ll need to wait until the next preview to see that stuff in action.

    The other big thing we’d like to take some time to talk about is Alchemist. As many of you have reported, our changes to Multivial that standardized it to other high-level spells is hurting both their AoE damage, as intended, but also their single target damage, which we would like to improve. Furthermore, we would also like to take this time to help early game Alchemist as it levels through early-mid heroics. To address this, we’re planning on creating a new suite of stacking damage over time, single-target spells throughout spell levels 2 and 3. These spells will also be boosted by the Master of Spellvials feat, which will bolster that feat’s effectiveness and mean that the new spells will continue to be effective past heroic levels. Stacking damage over time spells have the potential to greatly improve boss DPS without adding more to their AoE potential. We hope that these new spells will help Alchemists of all levels tackle high-hitpoint monsters, and we especially hope that they can help bolster Alchemists of low levels by filling out their early-game attack chain. We are also spending this time ironing out a ton of Alchemist bugs, and we’re very thankful for the diligent bug reporting on that front.

    We also wanted to quickly clarify a few things that we’ve seen circulating: Yes, THF retains its base 1.5 modifier, which means that at high levels, we are bringing THF from 3.0 to 2.5 (not 2.0). Yes, the feat Two Handed Defense does indeed work on Handwraps, and we’ve clarified the tooltips to be sure that’s clearer in game. Finally, and I know you’ve all been asking for this, we’ve removed the Fire Savant caster level penalty from Meteor Swarm.

    We have more planned for the second preview, so stay tuned! Thank you all for your passionate feedback so far, and please continue to discuss our plans if you have more to say.
    Do you really think a dot helps at low levels, when other classes destroy mobs in one or two hits? The dots are for epics, for those bosses that are bags of hps. In low heroics they do not help at all.

    That said, the current design does not favor the use of dots, not even in epics. In fact, designers seem to hate dots. proof of this is that rend the soul, being a 9th-level spell, is not even being upgraded. Why is Rend the soul not being improved? And none of the other dots in the game have received an upgrade since their creation. Admit it, you've forgotten that kind of magic, so I'm not very confident that you want to "balance" the alchemist's dps with them.

    The warlock upgrade is very welcome. I recently made a warlock life, and hated it in epics. Although warlock problems go much further than this.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Bring back the raid Khopesh and I promise to remove the pins from your voodoo doll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

  6. #6
    Bounty Hunter slarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    So, first up, Warlocks are getting a bump targeted at their Epic levels. Unlike other spellcasting classes, in which we could significantly boost their spellbook as part of the spell revamp, Warlock’s main source of damage wasn’t changed for this preview. This means that with our plan to globally adjust spellcasting by modifying spellpower availability, in exchange for a greatly boosted suite of spells, Warlock still needed some extra help. To address this, we’re planning on refactoring their two epic level feats (Epic Eldritch Blast and Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast) into feats that allow your Blast Dice and Pact Dice to scale with your Epic Levels. This is going to shake out to a small bump in mid-epics and a larger one at cap. It’s also going to let us differentiate those two feats a bit, which right now are pretty similar to one another. We also spent some time on the visuals of Warlock, but you’ll need to wait until the next preview to see that stuff in action.
    Thank you for considering our feedback. The change looks very promising - I look forward to seeing it next week.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

  7. #7
    Community Member Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,555

    Default

    Ranged weapons? Xbow / Bow / shuri / throwing dagger ???
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Nice!

    Can SSG comment on where they envision divine nukers vs. wizards and sorcs? I think it's wonderful that they are getting buffed, but currently it looks like decent builds of divines (e.g. Fire AoV, Ice/? Druid, Fire/Smite DD) would be somewhere between Wizard and Fire Savant in terms of DPS.

    Savants can focus more on one element due to low CDs and immunity stripping (although Tiefling...), but in pure spell dice numbers, I think only Fire Savants with both Meteor and Acid Well clearly has divines beat on AoE DPS. The reason is that the divine spell dice are the same or better on all levels except SL9. Sorc can't spam Meteor any more. You can use Meteor + Acid Well, but that means immunities and lost specialization is a problem again. Wizards are likely behind divines even with Meteor + Acid Well.

    Maybe play tests will prove me wrong, but that is how it looks on paper even with the revised spell numbers from Lama. This begs the question if a healer with innate armor and twice the (pre-reaper) hit points of arcanes should be doing arcane levels of damage (if true)?
    Last edited by LurkingVeteran; 02-12-2021 at 12:52 PM.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    225

    Default

    *puts on broken record

    Any news on Archmage? Pleeeeeeeease?

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,982

    Default

    I know that relativity can be hard, but you did not compensate every spell caster for the global spell power reduction.

    if baseline = 100
    -------------------
    build performance
    a) 140
    b) 115
    c) 105
    d) 90

    remove -20 from all

    This is just illustration, but pretty much what you are planning to do for Elemental Savants, these builds do not have any fall back from Elemental damage specialization/enhancements... we are stuck with the 2nd proxy nerf with no way out but TR into a supported class.

    With limited ways to produce internal synergies with other trees, the nerf hits even harder. We already struggle to make dual-element builds, the belt gave a small niche to some.

    Every choice is a direct downgrade, is this really intended? Do you even know how difficult it is to make an elementalist that can consistently defeat mob saves in difficult content?

  11. #11
    Community Member FuzzyDuck81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    6,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Now just give druids another couple of offensive spells between their level 8-9 slots.

    Currently they have, uh, one. Sunburst isn't viable for damage (tho nice for other things), and storm of vengeance is so unusable it's a waste of AP, even as a SLA.
    Almost any other level 9 spell would be OP as an SLA, which explains how bad it is.
    Suggestion for new spell: grasping thorns. basically have it as a reskinned version of warlock's tentacle spell, but type it to pierce instead, fort save for half damage with a no-save slowdown instead of the full hold & adjust the damage dice.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

  12. #12
    Community Member Logicman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Warwick, RI
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    In fact, designers seem to hate dots. proof of this is that rend the soul, being a 9th-level spell, is not even being upgraded. Why is Rend the soul not being improved? And none of the other dots in the game have received an upgrade since their creation. .
    Why does Rend the Soul need to be upgraded? I run that on my PM and it ticks for a good amount of damage per tick. I am usually seeing 2k-3k per tick, every 2 seconds, for 10 seconds. If you average 2500/tick, for 5 ticks, that is over 12k in 10 seconds.. Not bad for a dot that is really just supplemental damage for other spells I am blasting the boss with (necrotic blast, necrotic bolt, necrotic ray.. all on rotation)
    Member: Circle of Night
    Magic is a curious thing; full of hope and promise one minute, then someone summons a t-rex jet fighter to kill you.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    I know that relativity can be hard, but you did not compensate every spell caster for the global spell power reduction.

    if baseline = 100
    -------------------
    build performance
    a) 140
    b) 115
    c) 105
    d) 90

    remove -20 from all

    This is just illustration, but pretty much what you are planning to do for Elemental Savants, these builds do not have any fall back from Elemental damage specialization/enhancements... we are stuck with the 2nd proxy nerf with no way out but TR into a supported class.

    With limited ways to produce internal synergies with other trees, the nerf hits even harder. We already struggle to make dual-element builds, the belt gave a small niche to some.

    Every choice is a direct downgrade, is this really intended? Do you even know how difficult it is to make an elementalist that can consistently defeat mob saves in difficult content?
    This is why you should consider playing a Tiefling and main/secondary Fire on most Sorcs from now on. It would say that applies to all nukers with access to decent Fire spells. Pick Fire as primary or secondary, you get immunity breaker and can get by with just fire spell power. It might even be the best build for Ice Druids. Firestorm and Flamestrike at MCL 19/14 (in DI) might be a better complement to Ice Flowers than CL20 Sunburst or spamming single target spells. Losing 3 Evo DC is of course a big deal for most builds.
    Last edited by LurkingVeteran; 02-12-2021 at 01:16 PM.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman69 View Post
    Why does Rend the Soul need to be upgraded? I run that on my PM and it ticks for a good amount of damage per tick. I am usually seeing 2k-3k per tick, every 2 seconds, for 10 seconds. If you average 2500/tick, for 5 ticks, that is over 12k in 10 seconds.. Not bad for a dot that is really just supplemental damage for other spells I am blasting the boss with (necrotic blast, necrotic bolt, necrotic ray.. all on rotation)
    Try out a Neg DD Death Domain cleric on Lama then and compare the damage, I'm genuinely curious.

    Either go secondary Light (Smite), or Fire (ideally Tiefling). Optionally splash 4 PM for Neg immunity breaking. You don't get Circle of Death, but you get two Destruction (FoD) and two Necrotic Ray. The T5 DD SLA does more damage, and then you get a spell version that does even more. You don't get Meteor, but all negative damage output should be substantially higher.

  15. #15
    Community Member Iriale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman69 View Post
    Why does Rend the Soul need to be upgraded? I run that on my PM and it ticks for a good amount of damage per tick. I am usually seeing 2k-3k per tick, every 2 seconds, for 10 seconds. If you average 2500/tick, for 5 ticks, that is over 12k in 10 seconds.. Not bad for a dot that is really just supplemental damage for other spells I am blasting the boss with (necrotic blast, necrotic bolt, necrotic ray.. all on rotation)
    Its damage will go down a lot when the enhanced spellpower disappears, and the wizard's global dps will also go down due to the nerf to the meteorite. And in no way does the wizard have good dps, if thunderstroke or iceberg deserve a buff, Rend the Soul deserves it even more, to which more enemies are immune than the other spells.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

  16. #16
    Community Member HastyPudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Now just give druids another couple of offensive spells between their level 8-9 slots.

    Currently they have, uh, one. Sunburst isn't viable for damage (tho nice for other things), and storm of vengeance is so unusable it's a waste of AP, even as a SLA.
    Almost any other level 9 spell would be OP as an SLA, which explains how bad it is.
    Yes, druid spell list is lacking, especially on the water/air side of things.

    Fire druids have Flamestrike, Fire Storm, and Fire Seeds buffed this update and an already solid Body of the Sun and the Wall of Fire spell. In addition, they gain bonuses to light spells, such as Sunbeam, Sun Bolt, and Sunburst, all of which are also getting a buff this update.

    Meanwhile, water druids have...Ice Flowers which, while getting buffed this update, is a transmutation spell for some unknown reason and has piercing damage, which isn't a druid forte. Creeping Cold and Greater Creeping Cold are good boss dots, but as far as trash goes they have a nuke (Call Lightning) which wanes in power beyond level 20 and two weak acid spells (Enveloping Swarm and Creeping Doom). Ice Storm is a joke for damage and Storm of Vengeance is lackluster, at best. Druids need more meaningful water/air/acid spells:

    Some suggestions, all of which are thematic:
    Level 2: Snowball Swarm
    Level 3: Lightning Bolt
    Level 4: Acid Rain
    Level 5: Cone of Cold
    Level 9: Thunderstroke, Iceberg
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

  17. #17
    Community Member Iriale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Yes, druid spell list is lacking, especially on the water/air side of things.

    Fire druids have Flamestrike, Fire Storm, and Fire Seeds buffed this update and an already solid Body of the Sun and the Wall of Fire spell. In addition, they gain bonuses to light spells, such as Sunbeam, Sun Bolt, and Sunburst, all of which are also getting a buff this update.

    Meanwhile, water druids have...Ice Flowers which, while getting buffed this update, is a transmutation spell for some unknown reason and has piercing damage, which isn't a druid forte. Creeping Cold and Greater Creeping Cold are good boss dots, but as far as trash goes they have a nuke (Call Lightning) which wanes in power beyond level 20 and two weak acid spells (Enveloping Swarm and Creeping Doom). Ice Storm is a joke for damage and Storm of Vengeance is lackluster, at best. Druids need more meaningful water/air/acid spells:

    Some suggestions, all of which are thematic:
    Level 2: Snowball Swarm
    Level 3: Lightning Bolt
    Level 4: Acid Rain
    Level 5: Cone of Cold
    Level 9: Thunderstroke, Iceberg
    It is not possible to give the same dps to a druid, who can have a healer role and also wears heavy armor, than to an arcane, who cannot exercise any other role than the offensive and has fewer defenses. If they had the same dps, who would want to play an arcane?
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

  18. #18
    Community Member TPICKRELL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,913

    Default OK, maybe

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Hey all, happy Friday! Just wanted to check in and report on what we’re planning for the next preview (scheduled for next week Tuesday-Thursday but subject to change based on game build issues that may arise). Note that the stuff we’re going to go over is not inclusive as to what’s been changed or will ever be changed, this is just the current highlight reel going into the second preview.

    So, first up, Warlocks are getting a bump targeted at their Epic levels. Unlike other spellcasting classes, in which we could significantly boost their spellbook as part of the spell revamp, Warlock’s main source of damage wasn’t changed for this preview. This means that with our plan to globally adjust spellcasting by modifying spellpower availability, in exchange for a greatly boosted suite of spells, Warlock still needed some extra help. To address this, we’re planning on refactoring their two epic level feats (Epic Eldritch Blast and Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast) into feats that allow your Blast Dice and Pact Dice to scale with your Epic Levels. This is going to shake out to a small bump in mid-epics and a larger one at cap. It’s also going to let us differentiate those two feats a bit, which right now are pretty similar to one another. We also spent some time on the visuals of Warlock, but you’ll need to wait until the next preview to see that stuff in action.

    The other big thing we’d like to take some time to talk about is Alchemist. As many of you have reported, our changes to Multivial that standardized it to other high-level spells is hurting both their AoE damage, as intended, but also their single target damage, which we would like to improve. Furthermore, we would also like to take this time to help early game Alchemist as it levels through early-mid heroics. To address this, we’re planning on creating a new suite of stacking damage over time, single-target spells throughout spell levels 2 and 3. These spells will also be boosted by the Master of Spellvials feat, which will bolster that feat’s effectiveness and mean that the new spells will continue to be effective past heroic levels. Stacking damage over time spells have the potential to greatly improve boss DPS without adding more to their AoE potential. We hope that these new spells will help Alchemists of all levels tackle high-hitpoint monsters, and we especially hope that they can help bolster Alchemists of low levels by filling out their early-game attack chain. We are also spending this time ironing out a ton of Alchemist bugs, and we’re very thankful for the diligent bug reporting on that front.

    We also wanted to quickly clarify a few things that we’ve seen circulating: Yes, THF retains its base 1.5 modifier, which means that at high levels, we are bringing THF from 3.0 to 2.5 (not 2.0). Yes, the feat Two Handed Defense does indeed work on Handwraps, and we’ve clarified the tooltips to be sure that’s clearer in game. Finally, and I know you’ve all been asking for this, we’ve removed the Fire Savant caster level penalty from Meteor Swarm.

    We have more planned for the second preview, so stay tuned! Thank you all for your passionate feedback so far, and please continue to discuss our plans if you have more to say.
    Without details its impossible to tell whether this will address warlock. Warlock DPS in EPIC levels is coming from a long way back, so it needs to be a significant boost to bring them into the same ball park as other DPS types. Hopefully it will be, and I will have a viable option to keep my main as a warlock.

    On the alchemist, I can't see DOTs helping with early heroic levels at all unless the Alchemist Solos or Duos content. Very few heroic mobs last long enough in a party to justify trying to stack a DOT on them. I highly doubt this will do anything for heroics, and unless it scales really well in epic content, it won't help much their either... I am skeptical that a level 2/3 spell will be made to scale sufficiently in epics to be useful.
    Last edited by TPICKRELL; 02-12-2021 at 01:24 PM.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

  19. #19
    Community Member Iriale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    Without details its impossible to tell whether this will address warlock. Warlock DPS is coming from a long way back, so it needs to be a significant boost to bring them into the same ball park as other DPS types. Hopefully it will be, and I will have a viable option to keep my main as a warlock.

    On the alchemist, I can't see DOTs helping with early heroic levels at all unless the Alchemist Solos or Duos content. Very few heroic mobs last long enough in a party to justify trying to stack a DOT on them. I highly doubt this will do anything for heroics, and unless it scales really well in epic content, it won't help much their either... I am skeptical that a level 2/3 spell will be made to scale sufficiently in epics to be useful.
    +1. They can't solve the problem with dots alone, they need to upgrade their other high-level spells for their epic functionality and create a new 2nd-level low-level nuke.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

  20. #20

    Default THF proposal

    Along with the upcoming THF nerf,

    please consider adding extra Strikethrough % chance with THF feats, so that its 240% - 250% before racial, class or ED enhancements at endgame.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload