Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    We are temporarily shutting down character copies to lamannia while we investigate issues players had been experiencing with the service.
    Not good.

The new raid isn't going to really get tested (sorry, I mean "previewed") properly.
    Last edited by Arkat; 02-09-2021 at 04:41 PM.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown
    *12609*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Default Character Copies Re-Enabled

Character copies to Lamannia have been reenabled. Let us know if you experience issues with the tool overnight. We'll be looking back through logs again tomorrow to see if the issue from earlier persists.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Default Actual testing Feedback

So after some testing using character copying (thanks for that BTW. Mine worked fine, not sure why but... saves lots of time) here's my initial feedback.

Tool-tip issues:

The tool-tips for Sonic Blast and Shout in the Spellsinger tree need to be updated to reflect the changes. The same with ALL the Angel of Vengeance tree SLA's. My testing shows that the numbers are indeed the new buffed numbers regardless of being cast from spellbook or SLA, but the SLA tooltip is showing old numbers. The spell Produce flame doesn't have the new numbers in the base spell, and all the SLAs for the druid need updated with new numbers as well.

Bard, Arty, Favored Soul caster improvements:

Bard: My boy the bard feels a lot more potent. Shout/Greater Shout/Horn of Thunder buffs make clearing feel a lot better. Sonic Blast buff definitely was needed and feels much better to actually weave into a rotation, and the buff to Soundburst made dipping into the Divine Epics even more worth now that it actually packs a punch. Overall, very very well done on these buffs to Banjo Boy. I highly approve.

Arty: Damage feels a lot better as well. Static shock, like sonic blast now actually feels like it has a rotational place outside just dazing. Electric immunity bypass is amazing to finally have, now have a way to deal with demons. I personally like that It encourages you to actually weave in your rune arm use like you're supposed to on a caster Arty. Better ranged AoE Rune Arms would help with the large groups of demons as either having to get closer range with an area rune arm (cone) or use specific rune arms like Strinati's with exploding fire/cannon shots, but that's an item issue that can be added. Definitely nice to finally have an electric bypass tho.

Favored Soul: Miles and miles better. Nimbus of light no longer feels like total garbage past level 2. Testing it in EE Feywild, Nimbus of light was putting up comparable numbers to Sun Bolt. Searing Light as well. Both great changes especially for spells with no save. Helps a lot so as to not be reliant solely on Sun Bolt (which from my testing still has no save on the AoV SLA version despite supposing to have one.) Cometfall is still a good lead spell. Cost of spamming it still isn't worth for long dungeons (although the Favored Soul SP pool can take it more than the Cleric), but it does pack a bit more of a punch and wipes out weaker targets in a group much more reliably so you can finish off the remaining ones with your other spells more easily.

The Alch:

From my play through of EE Feywild quests I'll say this: The alchemist nerfs were a little too much with everything compounded together. It feels like we went from, "why play anything else?" to "why play this when I could play <insert other caster>?" The DPS of Alchemist's was far too high before, but the DPS of Alchemist's on Lamannia feels a little too low, especially when you take into consideration that managing your spike states properly and playing the Alch efficiently is much more difficult than other casters who are fire-forget-repeat.

My suggestion for late game alchemist (since that's really where the nerf hits hardest) is to undo the Master of Spellvials change. The reduced power of Multivial + the higher casting cost + CD increase would go a long way to bring them down a notch. Knocking off 10 caster levels on top of that not only hurts more the later you go, but as has been mentioned, makes taking the feat not as worth in the first place.

The Barovian Belts
    Unpopular opinion but for someone who never made characters who relied on the Barovian belts for extra power, I say good riddance to bad rubbish. The belts have been a major issue for character building diversity since they were released, and I am personally glad to see them taken down from their throne of unarguably the best in slot items for the casters who can use them. I personally think that this is the most effective, albeit still painful, way of dealing with an issue that could snowball out of control if not dealt with. The only other alternative would be to add more belts/items that give the bonuses to other casters not covered by the Barovian Belts, at which point you create the same slot locking issue that the belts currently create. No one item should be clearly best in slot across so many different characters that they somewhat define your gear building around them.

There are going to be some pains felt by other users who don't need nerfed that use them (Warlocks most specifically, and some of the non-Fire Savant Sorcs), but I would argue that if those classes/builds are reliant on the extra 200 spell power that the belt was giving to make them viable, that's an issue with the class that needs addressed. Unfortunately, the nature of nerfing items is that while you will hit the intended target, you're always going to have some splash damage to other targets. I would like to see the others who were hit by the belt nerf tuned up to compensate at the same time so as to not enter a power trough for those characters in the mean time, but I can't personally say I tested any to give a fair suggestion on what power they might need. (I intentionally avoided making a lot of these characters because slot locking is hella annoying to me and figured they would one day be getting the nerf they now are.)

Overall, I'm pleased with the patch for the shift in power and boost to the current outliers for nukers. The added power in those trees/builds is very welcome and has been needed for a while. The alch nerfs, while needed, are a little too heavy handed. The belt nerfs... so long. Please don't come back.
    Last edited by Xezom; 02-11-2021 at 03:33 PM. Reason: More testing and other tooltip issues.
    I'm a Bard... I don't just take down enemies... I do it with style!... oh and lots of Music Buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMagic View Post
    It has always been coming. Alchemist will be next
    too late see that thread.

fyi

Frozen Keys no longer fit inside of Ingredient Bags. If you have Keys that are currently inside of those bags, they may be removed but will not return to within the bag once you have done so.

why are you adding more to my inventory nightmare!
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Quote Originally Posted by Xezom View Post

The Barovian Belts
    Unpopular opinion but for someone who never made characters who relied on the Barovian belts for extra power, I say good riddance to bad rubbish. The belts have been a major issue for character building diversity since they were released, and I am personally glad to see them taken down from their throne of unarguably the best in slot items for the casters who can use them. I personally think that this is the most effective, albeit still painful, way of dealing with an issue that could snowball out of control if not dealt with. The only other alternative would be to add more belts/items that give the bonuses to other casters not covered by the Barovian Belts, at which point you create the same slot locking issue that the belts currently create. No one item should be clearly best in slot across so many different characters that they somewhat define your gear building around them.

There are going to be some pains felt by other users who don't need nerfed that use them (Warlocks most specifically, and some of the non-Fire Savant Sorcs), but I would argue that if those classes/builds are reliant on the extra 200 spell power that the belt was giving to make them viable, that's an issue with the class that needs addressed. Unfortunately, the nature of nerfing items is that while you will hit the intended target, you're always going to have some splash damage to other targets. I would like to see the others who were hit by the belt nerf tuned up to compensate at the same time so as to not enter a power trough for those characters in the mean time, but I can't personally say I tested any to give a fair suggestion on what power they might need. (I intentionally avoided making a lot of these characters because slot locking is hella annoying to me and figured they would one day be getting the nerf they now are.)

As a player that has these and uses them on all types of casters.

1) 200 sp is needed by almost all classes to do any reasonable damage. Druids are far too weak on non reaper. Healers can't heal themselves in reaper. divine casters are weak but so much that they barely can kill things before running out of sp on reaper. sorcs - sp is needed to keep up with barbs/pally otherwise what is your role? ice/electric have single target spells and are garbase at cap. you can't burn through that many sp and complete quests. Wizards, needed all the help they could get as their trees are non dps, this hurts them maybe most of all as druids can at least heal. Warlocks - nerf'd again so sad they were barely useful on R1.

taking +200% damage away is huge. that's like taking 20% damage away from end game melee.

if the concern was classes that don't have this (ie sonic) then put something in the game for them. don't nert a 3 yr old mechanic that we paid good money for. you knew it stacked when it was created. it was needed then and needed now.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    taking +200% damage away is huge. that's like taking 20% damage away from end game melee.

if the concern was classes that don't have this (ie sonic) then put something in the game for them. don't nert a 3 yr old mechanic that we paid good money for. you knew it stacked when it was created. it was needed then and needed now.
    +1

yet another mindless nerf

Community Member

Angry Overnerf

In my opinion alch and sorc were really good in AOE. They were a bit overpower, but receaving a nerf like that means that no1 will play again alchemist and sorc will be way less played. Some1 like me that was working on alchemist for 5 months and just got all the gear up seeing omething like that is a heartbreaking. Alche was OP as fire sorc, but they needed to nerf like 10/15% per patch and do it more times if needed. Every1 that bought alchemist now wasted the money because there are no more avaiable (end game) build. And what are the ranged user? You are trying to balance everything but we have just 1 build avaiable for ranger that is 11 rog 6 rang 3 pally/bard. Insted of nerfing so much nuck they were suppose to buld ranger again and get them in the meta again NOT beeing OP and nerfing nuck just a bit per times and make the game balanced.
    I really hope that the change that they have made doesn't hit on live server, or I'll take a break from DDO until those thinks will be not feaxed.

Community Member

Default Some Nerfs Were Clearly Needed

It was clear that sorcs and alchys needed to be nerfed. Their dps was so overwhelming that they could AoE insta-kill entire rooms full of mobs at end game in high reaper. Assuming the toon is properly built, of course. People even bragged and posted videos of this. (Not very smart if you want to avoid having that awesome power nerfed. LOL)

This is no different than the Inquisitive nerf. Inquisitive was way OP, and it got a HUGE nerf. But guess what, they are still very powerful and fun to play. I know it sucks losing that god-like power, it happened to me with my Inquisitive, but you will get used to it. It will be ok.

PS - At the time of the Inquisitive nerf, there were the same counter-arguments I am seeing here. But SSG stuck to their plan and their data, and everything worked out just fine.

Community Member

Default Epic Defensive Fighting does not list the Shield Mastery feats

The Epic Defensive Fighting feat description does not list the Shield Mastery line of feats as now being an option to get the competence bonus to hitpoints.
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Actually it's kind of the same issue lol. SSG said inquisitives were way too strong, so they beat down all kinds of ranged combat aspects that non-inquisitives used.

Maybe they'll promise a wiz/sorc pass for next year to make up for this one?
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack

Hardcore bozos - Koganei, Hoid

Community Member

Default Fresh Install, Still Broken

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Looks like we're getting some install issues. Investigating.
    Did a fresh install after the problem yesterday, still getting the same Error:

Surprisingly, the 64 bit client also is not an option for me:

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaxpower View Post
    PS - At the time of the Inquisitive nerf, there were the same counter-arguments I am seeing here. But SSG stuck to their plan and their data, and everything worked out just fine.
    The data says :

1076 currently loggedin Players, all 8 servers taken into account.... Those are pretty low numbers for an MMO, Are you sure all the nerfs are "working" out ? Those numbers don't take into account the cancelled VIP subscriptions, or people no longer willing to pay $$$ for new classes / races / etc... A game should cater to all it's player base; not just the "elitist" let's flatline everything other's find fun crowd.

The data also says :

Pretty even class distribution.... 2 x more Rogues or Wizards, than there are Alchemists. No need for a battering ram. Nerfs rarely do PVE games good... In PVP, yes, balance is crucial... In PVE, most people just want to chill and have fun as they see fit, You have to accept that their definition of fun is not the same as yours.

Cheers

Community Member

The sorc/achemist population on servers are about 5% if this 2 classes are too OP why they numbers are to lower copare to other classes? Alch and sorc are glass canon classes, much dmg power and low survival this is his role in the game. Paladins, now is the problem becouse has high survival rate, hit and dmg cha based, the best CC (greater color spray cha based) from ilusionist tree. Here is the umbalance power on the game.

Community Member

Default Rage

Dont touch our items.
    Last edited by firewhip; 02-10-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Community Member

Default Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    As a player that has these and uses them on all types of casters.

1) 200 sp is needed by almost all classes to do any reasonable damage. Druids are far too weak on non reaper. Healers can't heal themselves in reaper. divine casters are weak but so much that they barely can kill things before running out of sp on reaper. sorcs - sp is needed to keep up with barbs/pally otherwise what is your role? ice/electric have single target spells and are garbase at cap. you can't burn through that many sp and complete quests. Wizards, needed all the help they could get as their trees are non dps, this hurts them maybe most of all as druids can at least heal. Warlocks - nerf'd again so sad they were barely useful on R1.

I agree ,character balance is one thing but you go messing with items your playing with fire. We spend hours farming for items. why is it you like stealing our money after all we paid for those items. btw warlocks are going to be even more garbage at end game because of this nerf. does SSG want to keep players and gain more ? i lost over 5 people im my guild due to the nerfing that goes on and im sick of people quiting because of it. WE PAY YOU TO PLAY THIS GAME , STOP THE NERFS AND BRING THE OTHER CLASSES UP! yes there is anger because I have played since 2009 and paid thosands of dollars to wb and at least 800 to ssg , and i cant tell you how many builds are now obsolete that once was a blast to play after all this is a game , and PEOPLE PLAY GAMES FOR FUN!

AND TO THE PERSON THAT SAID THIS

Actual testing Feedback
    .Unpopular opinion but for someone who never made characters who relied on the Barovian belts for extra power, I say good riddance to bad rubbish. The belts have been a major issue for character building diversity since they were released, and I am personally glad to see them taken down from their throne of unarguably the best in slot items for the casters who can use them. I personally think that this is the most effective, albeit still painful, way of dealing with an issue that could snowball out of control if not dealt with. The only other alternative would be to add more belts/items that give the bonuses to other casters not covered by the Barovian Belts, at which point you create the same slot locking issue that the belts currently create. No one item should be clearly best in slot across so many different characters that they somewhat define your gear building around them.

Overall, I'm pleased with the patch for the shift in power and boost to the current outliers for nukers. The added power in those trees/builds is very welcome and has been needed for a while. The alch nerfs, while needed, are a little too heavy handed. The belt nerfs... so long. Please don't come back.

JUST BECAUSE YOU CANT BALANCE YOUR EQUIPMENT DOSENT MEAN YOU CAN MESS WITH OTHERS KIT!

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

I have my reservations about the belt "fix" in addition to increased cool down, redux in MCL and so forth.
    Certain classes were tweaked (Alchemist, Sorc, Wizard) down and have lost a spell power specialization boost on top of that.

I think it's too much all at once.

You don't drop a four pound weight on one side of the scale because the other side dips lower than you want. Incremental changes would have given my more confidence.
    If SSG didn't demonstrate the mindset of "It will be this way," with their balancing process I would have more confidence in actual balance being achieved. The current model is more along the lines of burning the bridges, "deal with it, players". I.e. IPS- nerf an entire tactical combat section because of a single, OP P2P enhancement tree.

Perception is 99% reality; it doesn't look like you care for actual balance, only heavy handed hamstringing approaches.

But again, I'll reserve judgement until the pass; it looks great for divines who were underpowered casters in the past, but I think the shackles will be heavy on the ankles of Sorcs, Wizards and Alchemists.
    Warlocks may as well be made F2P at this point; you'll be locking them down like Hannibal Lector, only they're weeping behind that mask.
    Last edited by Jerevth; 02-10-2021 at 09:20 AM.
    I'm starting to get jaded about this whole process- OP release, backend nerf- it's the proverbial mule and the carrot and I end up feeling like an ***.

Community Member

Default Balance needed on Melee Power classes

I took this table from another topic but:

20 PALADAN KOC 145 MP (full stacked)
    20 FIGHTER KEN 60MP
    20 BARBARIAN FB 33 MP
    20 DRUID NATWAR 36 MP
    20 DRUID NATPRO 35 MP
    20 WIZ/SORC EK 20 MP
    20 MONK HENSHIN 35 MP
    20 BARD WARCHA 0 MP
    20 ROGUE AS 10 (40 hiding) MP
    20 ROGUE TA 10 MP
    20 FVS/CLR WARPRI 0 MP
    20 Ranger Tempest 14 MP
    20 Monk Shintao 20 MP

The shout out here is :
    "a update is needed when we aboard Melee Power and dps classes"

Let's give some player choices other than Paladins for dps please,

Community Member

Default Nerf and balance.

Quote Originally Posted by fabri View Post
    In my opinion alch and sorc were really good in AOE. They were a bit overpower, but receaving a nerf like that means that no1 will play again alchemist and sorc will be way less played. Some1 like me that was working on alchemist for 5 months and just got all the gear up seeing omething like that is a heartbreaking. Alche was OP as fire sorc, but they needed to nerf like 10/15% per patch and do it more times if needed. Every1 that bought alchemist now wasted the money because there are no more avaiable (end game) build. And what are the ranged user? You are trying to balance everything but we have just 1 build avaiable for ranger that is 11 rog 6 rang 3 pally/bard. Insted of nerfing so much nuck they were suppose to buld ranger again and get them in the meta again NOT beeing OP and nerfing nuck just a bit per times and make the game balanced.
    I really hope that the change that they have made doesn't hit on live server, or I'll take a break from DDO until those thinks will be not feaxed.
    I don't like to post on forum but i hope this one could help Devs. I play Alch at the moment because i like to fit in a group, a bit of healing, a bit of CC and DPS. BUT i cannot take hits (properly called glassed cannon) If you take of the barovian belt, ish -18% DPS, take of Multivial from Master of spellvial (wich leave only 2 SLA in that line wich is poor) so max caster lvl 30 drop to 20 (another 30% dps nerf) longer cooldown... higher spellcost...well it's a lot, if you calculate that healing potion spells cannot be quicken (therefore interrupted) and the bodyblock of spell throwing mecanic can block my healing capacity. When i put an lfm for a group, i need glass cannons, so i like Alch, wiz and sorc. Then you need meat shield for those glass cannon (ftr, paly, barb, druid bear) and you want specialist buffer (bards) and single target high dps or insta kill for some situation (rogue, ranger). but if you nerf sorc and alch, who would be my glass cannon? And what about tank getting 2-3 shoted? Why do you have to hate Dps build? Stop hating and start loving... Put love on other class like Tank maybe? I like other spellcasting improvement you are planning (or did) but lower the nerf and pump the love on other class, that the way to put love in. Melees have hard time to survive for not even getting close to nukers.. we need nukers and they get 1 shoted... so killing nukers is not the good way. I assume a little nerf is good, not a HUGE, give melee a way to survive a doom reaper other than having everybody twisting Meld into darkness as the only solution...If nuker don't nuke, melees die quicker...if melees die too quick, nukers don't have time to nuke. Healing cannot heal themself so they have to send far from combat (not always possible) and do nothing than wait for someone to heal (if not 1 shoted). For Druid spellcaster... their power are too spread everywhere! Necro for finger, transmutation for a cc here, evo and conj for dps there, need to be good in all element type except sonic. Too hard to do something good with druid caster. Wolf getting +15% hp, compared to 25% hp from the bear and loose his dps to survival, that will not help. With EDF wolf already have hp. But wait! why EDF is not stacking with bear stance, wolf power up, Stalwart and Sacred def stance? Help melee and tanks to survive, make those HP bonus stack and then melees might stop hate nukers that much Everyone would be happier (healing will have time to heal them before they die, they will have time to deliver their DPS, a little nerf on nuker and all good? Their is the self healing portion that you have to take in the count, high reaper if you cannot heal youself...you are dead. Sorc healing himself with scrolls on high reaper? I believe in santa claus too i swear. Don't forget that elitist that post awesome dps or solo stuff are a percentage of the popupation, then a percentage of SSG incomes. Do not relate all to them. Everyone should have fun, at same time if possible. More love, less hate.
    Last edited by healm; 02-10-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaiolo View Post
    I took this table from another topic but:

20 PALADAN KOC 145 MP (full stacked)
    20 FIGHTER KEN 60MP
    20 BARBARIAN FB 33 MP
    20 DRUID NATWAR 36 MP
    20 DRUID NATPRO 35 MP
    20 WIZ/SORC EK 20 MP
    20 MONK HENSHIN 35 MP
    20 BARD WARCHA 0 MP
    20 ROGUE AS 10 (40 hiding) MP
    20 ROGUE TA 10 MP
    20 FVS/CLR WARPRI 0 MP
    20 Ranger Tempest 14 MP
    20 Monk Shintao 20 MP

The shout out here is :
    "a update is needed when we aboard Melee Power and dps classes"

Let's give some player choices other than Paladins for dps please,
    What I read from this is please bring other classes melee power up to compete.

Lamannia is back online after this mornings restart.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast