Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default U48.4 Preview 1: Main Thread

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 1 of Update 48 Patch 4 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday Febuary 11th. NOTE: There will be a restart on Wednesday morning starting at 9 AM Eastern.

There will be a dev event on Wednesday February 10th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real time on Lamannia.

This preview is expected to contain the following features:

In addition to those primary features it also contains the following miscellaneous changes and bugfixes:

Character
    • Alchemist's Bear Greater Evolution no longer sticks to you forever
    • Wildhunt Shift no longer erroneously grants +4 Constitution
    • Razorclaw Shifter's tree is now properly titled "Razorclaw Shifter".

Items
    • The Cookie Jar now holds the Cookies from the Anniversary Event
    • Several Feywild items have had their effects hidden from the buffbar to prevent visual clutter
    • Frozen Keys no longer fit inside of Ingredient Bags. If you have Keys that are currently inside of those bags, they may be removed but will not return to within the bag once you have done so.

Quests
    • Animated Armors in the Extraplanar Palace challenges are now properly vulnerable to Rust damage.
    • Soul Survivor has had some cosmetic changes.

Miscellaneous
    • Launcher: Patching Speeds have been greatly increased.
    • The firey projectiles sometimes thrown by Fire Beetles will now properly display.

Known Issues
    • The unique iconic race armors currently have some display issues.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 02-09-2021 at 01:08 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

The Preview is open! Let us know what you experience in the various feedback threads.

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

I would If I could download the client as get an error after the litigations
    Ozzgood 45, 48, 24, 39, 110. Ozzbad 39, 42, 17, 38, 86. Ozzugly 45, 48, 21, 36, 119. EvilOzz 40, 48, 12, 39, 116. Ozzistheworst 38, 38, 15, 6, 58. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial., Reaper Points,
    Started Playing DDO In February 2010

Looks like we're getting some install issues. Investigating.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Looks like we're getting some install issues. Investigating.
    For me, the error points at the file client_gamelogic.dat-43331.

Quote Originally Posted by Forcystus View Post

Yep thats the one
    Ozzgood 45, 48, 24, 39, 110. Ozzbad 39, 42, 17, 38, 86. Ozzugly 45, 48, 21, 36, 119. EvilOzz 40, 48, 12, 39, 116. Ozzistheworst 38, 38, 15, 6, 58. and Alts on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Forcystus View Post

Yup! We're working on a potential fix currently. Will keep you posted.

Community Member

It doesn't crash anymore, at least for me.

Community Member

For me it moved from 43331 to 43333. Did try deleting all corrupt gamelogic files in hopes it would fix them with the patch.

Alright, we deployed a fix to the installer issue. People starting patching/fresh installs now should not be blocked.

Those that already had their launcher in a broken state will likely need to go into their client folder and delete all of the ".dat" files in there. Once that's done just open the launcher as normal and it should repair itself and get you an updated client.

Let me know how this goes for you! It has worked on both of our internal test cases of clients that we got into the broken state but I would love a larger sample size of confirmation.

I had already moved all files to a new folder (old) and atm its downloading as normal

getting failed to q for server message

Ok all downloaded and accepted my log on except this :-

64-bit client specified, but filename missing! Will launch dndclient.exe

Had to manualy select it. But all done

2014 DDO Players Council

• Frozen Keys no longer fit inside of Ingredient Bags. If you have Keys that are currently inside of those bags, they may be removed but will not return to within the bag once you have done so.
    It doesn't have to be the green bag. If not the green bag, then how about the red, where various other festival items go?

If you are changing to un-bag-able, that is an anti-quality-of-life change.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Community Member

Default you went abit too much...

nerfing top nukers so much will make them useless in high R,its ok to nerf abit if something is too strong but you went way too much with it.
    they're a big diffrence between balance and just killing a class/playstyle, sad you don't get it.
    great disappointment from you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcalot View Post
    nerfing top nukers so much will make them useless in high R,its ok to nerf abit if something is too strong but you went way too much with it.
    they're a big diffrence between balance and just killing a class/playstyle, sad you don't get it.
    great disappointment from you guys.
    It has always been coming. Alchemist will be next

Community Member

Alright, we deployed a fix to the installer issue. People starting patching/fresh installs now should not be blocked.

Those that already had their launcher in a broken state will likely need to go into their client folder and delete all of the ".dat" files in there. Once that's done just open the launcher as normal and it should repair itself and get you an updated client.

Let me know how this goes for you! It has worked on both of our internal test cases of clients that we got into the broken state but I would love a larger sample size of confirmation.
    Managed to get in by switching from 32-bit to 64-bit installer.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Manganese (Monk) , Arcflame (Wiz), Moncler (Drunk), Rhoque (Stick build), Arthee (Tosser), Complesean (Ranged Build),
    Haggail (Warchanter/Swash), Amandla (Pally), Bahrbie (Warlock), Alaniel (FvS)
    of Renowned

Items
    • The Cookie Jar now holds the Cookies from the Anniversary Event
    • Several Feywild items have had their effects hidden from the buffbar to prevent visual clutter
    Regarding Frozen Keys: Will their max stack size change? IE: revel keys only stack to 10. Will this also be the fate of the Frozen Keys?

And if it doesn't change, can you change revel keys to match. Would be 1 less bank toon for some ppl out there.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Default Character Copies Temporarily Disabled

(EDIT: Character Copies have been re-enabled)

We are temporarily shutting down character copies to lamannia while we investigate issues players had been experiencing with the service.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 02-09-2021 at 05:22 PM.

Community Member

- Deleted all .dat files in my Lamannia folder as well as Lamannia/forward.
    - Redownloaded 12 GB of .dat files.
    - Same error.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast