Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Life beyond 156 reaper points, finally finished.

After years of playing, Rastallin is finally finished. I would like to thanks all my Khyber friends for carrying me through the grind.
    My alt has close to 120 reaper points and my 3rd alt nearly has wings. I will continue completing past lives on my alts however I would like to know if there has been any discussion about increasing the reaper trees beyond 156. I would really like to continue to have goals and something to work towards on my main. Dont care how hard or long the challenge is to obtain, I would just like to have a new goal. Thanks all.
    Last edited by Rastallin; 01-27-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rastallin View Post
    After years of playing, Rastallin is finally finished. I would like to thanks all my Khyber friends for carrying me through the grind.
    My alt has close to 120 reaper points and my 3rd alt nearly has wings. I will continue completing past lives on my alts however I would like to know if there has been any discussion about increasing the reaper trees beyond 156. I would really like to continue to have goals and something to work on on my main. Dont care how hard or long the challenge is to obtain, I would just like to have a new goal. Thanks all.
    There have been at least two threads on this topic in recent times. The topic has been divisive, perhaps not surprising on these forums.

No developer has yet chosen (or, perhaps, been permitted) to engage on the discussion, even though theirs is really the only opinion that matters.

2014 DDO Players Council

I would really like to continue to have goals and something to work towards on my main. Dont care how hard or long the challenge is to obtain, I would just like to have a new goal. Thanks all.
    Here's a few ideas:

- find every creature type in the Monster Manual
    - 6-star all Challenges
    - complete all explorers, slayers, and rares in all wilderness areas
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

You'll probably have a bunch of new goals this year, should they go through with raising the level cap. I'd suspect there will be another layer of reincarnations introduced alongside it.

Community Member dragonhighlord1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Here's a few ideas:

- find every creature type in the Monster Manual
    - 6-star all Challenges
    - complete all explorers, slayers, and rares in all wilderness areas
    This!!
    Less is More, and Perfect is good enough

As someone with a second toon about to reach 156 reaper points, the game ain't worth investing time, money and brains for a third favorite toon.
    DPS solves all problems. R10 or bust. Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi

Default a challenge?

well, try permadeath from level 1 to 30 with a first life toon in R10, no hirelings

I would just like to have a new goal. Thanks all.
    Maybe some competitve sport?
    I'm thinking picking up archery.
    The Real life version.
    You nerfed my monks, dailies and alchemists.
    I nerfed your profit on two accounts.

My alt has close to 120 reaper points and my 3rd alt nearly has wings. I will continue completing past lives on my alts however I would like to know if there has been any discussion about increasing the reaper trees beyond 156. I would really like to continue to have goals and something to work towards on my main. Dont care how hard or long the challenge is to obtain, I would just like to have a new goal. Thanks all.

Well, my friend, I have a good task for you, which is to learn to do the 5x5 shorund puzzles. There you have a good challenge that may be later than achieving 156 reaper points.

I'm wondering if they will eventually implement some form of "Reaper TR" similar to the Epic TR... You can trade 1 tree of reaper points for a permanent buff.
    Member: Circle of Night
    Magic is a curious thing; full of hope and promise one minute, then someone summons a t-rex jet fighter to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by PpalP View Post
    well, try permadeath from level 1 to 30 with a first life toon in R10, no hirelings
    I don't hate myself that much.
    DPS solves all problems. R10 or bust. Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi

Community Member

This is a pity, there is no sustainable game content for DDO anymore.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    As someone with a second toon about to reach 156 reaper points, the game ain't worth investing time, money and brains for a third favorite toon.
    Agreed, I think I'm more happier i don't need to spend money on this game anymore.

Community Member

[QUOTE=geu1978;6397569]Well, my friend, I have a good task for you, which is to learn to do the 5x5 shorund puzzles. There you have a good challenge that may be later than achieving 156

I know right, honestly I wouldnt really call it a challenge, I just forget the 4/5 combos after first pass. I memorize it and don't run shroud or have to do it again for ages and forget. What i find challenging is jumping and actually hitting the correct tile, somtimes its like a gust of wind blows (lag) you to the wrong tile.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kanordog View Post
    Maybe some competitve sport?
    I'm thinking picking up archery.
    The Real life version.
    I tried archery, it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhijie View Post
    This is a pity, there is no sustainable game content for DDO anymore.
    I guess it is a matter of one's perspective. I'm not in danger of running out of sustainable game content. I'm sure there are others play more than I do, but I play a lot.

I have no idea what the actual ratio is, but I suspect that for every player that has reached 156, there are hundreds of players who don't even have wings yet. For those players, the game would be sustainable for years to come if the only goal was reaper points.

SSG might have some sense of how the pursuit of reaper points correlates to dollars spent. We players don't really know. But we do know they will try to do what brings the most profit (hopefully over the long term). After all, that is the goal of a business. It is possible that they will decide that they need to keep the 156 crowd by expanding reaper trees. It is also possible they will deem it more profitable to spend their developer time making more quests to keep regular players interested in exploring new content.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Torkzed View Post
    I guess it is a matter of one's perspective. I'm not in danger of running out of sustainable game content. I'm sure there are others play more than I do, but I play a lot.

I have no idea what the actual ratio is, but I suspect that for every player that has reached 156, there are hundreds of players who don't even have wings yet. For those players, the game would be sustainable for years to come if the only goal was reaper points.

SSG might have some sense of how the pursuit of reaper points correlates to dollars spent. We players don't really know. But we do know they will try to do what brings the most profit (hopefully over the long term). After all, that is the goal of a business. It is possible that they will decide that they need to keep the 156 crowd by expanding reaper trees. It is also possible they will deem it more profitable to spend their developer time making more quests to keep regular players interested in exploring new content.
    There are 10 players that I play with on some kind of a basis. None of us have wings. My main has the most reaper of all, at 55pts.

But, as you say, it's all about the money. If the 156 crowd spend big, they'll get the attention they want.

Community Member

Spellcasters only need 2 reaper trees, about 82 reaper points, for example, Alchemist, it was Sorcerer before it, and the Warlock a long time ago, 82 point = 6,724,000 rxp

so I don’t think you spend a lot of time playing games, or I only represent a few people, because 156 reaper point = 24,336,000 rxp, 4 years ago, reaper mode published on February 2nd, 2017

To be sure, casual players have very limited investment in the game.

2014 DDO Players Council

...if the only goal was reaper points.
    Which there is no particular reason it should be.

Honestly, OP (and the other similar threads from other people) are suffering from self-inflicted wounds. They chose to make "156 or bust!" their goal, and now they can chose some other goal. Most players don't have that as a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhijie View Post
    Spellcasters only need 2 reaper trees, about 82 reaper points, for example, Alchemist, it was Sorcerer before it, and the Warlock a long time ago, 82 point = 6,724,000 rxp
    Even that's overkill. I didn't and don't have a goal of 156, but I surpassed my goal of 55 (33+21), which got my caster all the low- and medium-hanging fruit in 2 trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Which there is no particular reason it should be.

Honestly, OP (and the other similar threads from other people) are suffering from self-inflicted wounds. They chose to make "156 or bust!" their goal, and now they can chose some other goal. Most players don't have that as a goal.

Even that's overkill. I didn't and don't have a goal of 156, but I surpassed my goal of 55 (33+21), which got my caster all the low- and medium-hanging fruit in 2 trees.
    What is your goal, get every slayer completed, complete your monster manual? Get with the program man, most these players have every past life x3 and all the raid gear. Like people play this game for hardcore only, people play this game for reaper points and character progression only.
    Continue to find all the collectibles in the game and put them on the AH if that's what you like. Working hard to fill your reaper trees are not self inflicted wounds. Unlike the all the other servers, all players I run with on Khyber prioritize reaper points, xp and builds, not doing slayers, however each to their own....
    Who doesn't play this game for character progression, if you don't you should stay at level 1, cause taking level 2 is where it all starts. This entire game is one big character progression.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast