Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Community Member Cranjis-of-Orien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    196

    Default Why am I not proficient?

    I was just in a quest when my crappy old computer crashed. I had to manually shut it off and turn it back on and reopen ddo. The first time I got stuck on the Welcome to Ebberon page, so I tried again and it worked. I died while frozen and appeared at 1hp outside of the quest. But, for some reason, it said I was not proficient with my currently equipped handaxe. This is strange, because I have the core 2 warchanter enhancement that makes me proficient with EVERY martial weapon, which handaxe is indeed a part of that category. I tried unequipping and reequipping it, nothing. I tried going into different instances, nothing. Is this the result of some weird lag? Because I am not noticing anything really going slowly as of now. Any answers would be appreciated
    Founder and leader of The Wildcats guild on Orien

    "Cheese is the solution to everything" - Unknown

  2. #2
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cranjis-of-Orien View Post
    I was just in a quest when my crappy old computer crashed. I had to manually shut it off and turn it back on and reopen ddo. The first time I got stuck on the Welcome to Ebberon page, so I tried again and it worked. I died while frozen and appeared at 1hp outside of the quest. But, for some reason, it said I was not proficient with my currently equipped handaxe. This is strange, because I have the core 2 warchanter enhancement that makes me proficient with EVERY martial weapon, which handaxe is indeed a part of that category. I tried unequipping and reequipping it, nothing. I tried going into different instances, nothing. Is this the result of some weird lag? Because I am not noticing anything really going slowly as of now. Any answers would be appreciated
    loading glitch, sometimes happens

    log back out and back it, it should fix itself

  3. #3
    Community Member Cranjis-of-Orien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    loading glitch, sometimes happens

    log back out and back it, it should fix itself
    That didn't work BUT I respent my warchanter tree enhancements and that did work.
    Founder and leader of The Wildcats guild on Orien

    "Cheese is the solution to everything" - Unknown

  4. #4
    Community Member Bjond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cranjis-of-Orien View Post
    That didn't work BUT I respent my warchanter tree enhancements and that did work.
    It's possible to glitch your tree such that it looks like you've bought something, but you haven't. If you fiddled with it while buying things, especially if you remove lower-tier points and respend -- it can end up showing but not doing. Try to just buy and never remove points before pressing accept. If you mess up, close, open, and start fresh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload