Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Umm....devs, where'd you go?

Devs have been MIA for a while now it seems...they havent been posting, the Dev Tracker front page reaches back nearly 2 weeks and its mostly just routine stuff like downtime announcements, weekly sales, and Chronicles. The last dev who wasnt Cordo or Steelstar to post anything was back on Dec 12. Its been nearly three months since we've had anything on Lama. Its not like there's a big project coming up they're all buckling down for, either. No Producer Letter yet (though it gets later and later every year).

I'm never one to say the sky is falling or say DOOOOM...but its just odd, I see the pattern and I want to know why.

If there's something going on with the new ownership, at least let us know. Have they put an official squelch on devs posting? Should we just expect this to be the new norm from now on? When can we expect to be engaged with again outside the weekly stream?

Quite literally anything they could possibly be doing DDO centric would be more useful and productive than engaging with the Forums.
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Varr View Post
    Quite literally anything they could possibly be doing DDO centric would be more useful and productive than engaging with the Forums.
    Cordo claims every Weekly Wednesday Livestream that he is the DDO Community Manager.

Isn't the role of a community manager to to act as the bridge between a brand and the community it is aiming to create (i.e. a loyal audience or group of core consumers connected by a similar interest)?

Shouldn't he be the brand's ambassador, engaging with potential customers and building relationships with existing ones?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Devs have been MIA for a while now it seems...they havent been posting, the Dev Tracker front page reaches back nearly 2 weeks and its mostly just routine stuff like downtime announcements, weekly sales, and Chronicles. The last dev who wasnt Cordo or Steelstar to post anything was back on Dec 12. Its been nearly three months since we've had anything on Lama. Its not like there's a big project coming up they're all buckling down for, either. No Producer Letter yet (though it gets later and later every year).

I'm never one to say the sky is falling or say DOOOOM...but its just odd, I see the pattern and I want to know why.

If there's something going on with the new ownership, at least let us know. Have they put an official squelch on devs posting? Should we just expect this to be the new norm from now on? When can we expect to be engaged with again outside the weekly stream?
    If I were a dev, there’s about zero chance I’d post here. The DDO forums are the most toxic and unpleasant official forums I’ve ever been a part of. DDO devs and artists and producers would have a better experience on the DDO Vault and that’s really saying something.

(that’s not a compliment for the Vault, by the way)
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Varr View Post
    It would be nice if Sev interacted with the forums more often and it would be nice if there were a forums moderator who ensured that the forums were less caustic than they are.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

I'm around! A lot of us needed some time to breathe after the Feywild expansion release (plus we just had the December holidays). Now I'm (personally) working on things that aren't quite ready for public eyes yet, like the upcoming Bow Combat Style changes. I'll be a lot more talkative once those are ready for prime time and I don't need to focus on giant grids of timing math so much.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    I'm around! A lot of us needed some time to breathe after the Feywild expansion release (plus we just had the December holidays). Now I'm (personally) working on things that aren't quite ready for public eyes yet, like the upcoming Bow Combat Style changes. I'll be a lot more talkative once those are ready for prime time and I don't need to focus on giant grids of timing math so much.
    Shouldn't you be enjoying the weekend off? Also makes me quite happy to see bows being worked on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

UNACCEPTABLE! YOU ARE MADE OF POO AND YOU ARE SMELLY BECAUSE YOU WORK FOR SSG! ALSO, THESE FORUMS NEED TO BE LESS HOSTILE!

Seriously, though, it is really nice to see comments from devs even though the forums are a pretty hostile place.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    Cordo claims every Weekly Wednesday Livestream that he is the DDO Community Manager.

Isn't the role of a community manager to to act as the bridge between a brand and the community it is aiming to create (i.e. a loyal audience or group of core consumers connected by a similar interest)?

Shouldn't he be the brand's ambassador, engaging with potential customers and building relationships with existing ones?
    You mean the weekly streams aren't this? his job is also to gather feedback and give it to the devs he doesn't have to post each time he does this. I too really want the producer letter to know whats coming up, although this normally changes anyway, but you cant really say someone who spends hours chatting with the community on a live stream each week is not a community manager.

Community Member

How about the raid? How about the lag that's ruining the user experience in the existing content? Updates on disabling portions of the game and/or quests due to the new event?

There are several issues that have been fairly high-profile on the forums lately and we've heard virtually nothing but radio silence. One post by Cordovan (Community Manager, not a dev) 2.5 weeks ago with fairly generic info saying "we're working on it" doesn't really count for much more than radio silence. I gather that maybe this was the OP's point in general.

P.S. Even after the update, lag on Ghallanda was still pretty bad this weekend. Maybe it is less bad than before, but degrees of terrible shouldn't be the acceptable bar.

Guild and party chat this weekend was a fairly consistent stream of complaints about the lag.

Tried running some R1 raids Friday night and ended up wiping due to frequent lag locks. Ended up having to dumb down the difficulty to LN/LH just so we could survive being beaten on for 60s while everyone was frozen and rubberbanding. Having to run easy-mode difficulty with a groups/raids of players with toons that could easily do R1+ minus the lag really makes the game boring.
    Last edited by LT218; 01-24-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Community Member

Default Stop complaining

The less time devs spend on the forums, the more time they have to develop a higher quality product.

Quote Originally Posted by axan22 View Post
    You mean the weekly streams aren't this?
    Of course they are not his personal stream (although it might be challenging to differentiate based on the last few). It is broadcast on the official DDO youtube channel, and a degree of the content is on announcements relevant to DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by axan22 View Post
    his job is also to gather feedback and give it to the devs he doesn't have to post each time he does this. I too really want the producer letter to know whats coming up, although this normally changes anyway, but you cant really say someone who spends hours chatting with the community on a live stream each week is not a community manager.
    I do not know his contractual obligations under the term of the role he presents himself as, and most likely neither do you. However, "chatting with the community on a live stream each week", especially when ~80% of said streams are a particular skill level gameplay and not on other subjectively more relevant content, probably isn't sufficient to be a brand's ambassador. Nor is withholding information, especially with how many years players have been asking for more transparency.
    Last edited by voxson5; 01-24-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Exciting stuff

Would opening lam for a larger feedback pool throughout the changes be beneficial?

Is there any chance you can have a look at bugged throwing daggers? Lots of the named don't work with IPS for example. And some of them are around for years.
    Please make sure, you don't screw up bows in the process.
    Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by LT218 View Post
    How about the raid? How about the lag that's ruining the user experience in the existing content? Updates on disabling portions of the game and/or quests due to the new event?
    Steelstar can't work on all of those at once, and he's not the only dev in the game.

They're actively working on lag, and that was noted by him on discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Steelstar can't work on all of those at once, and he's not the only dev in the game.

They're actively working on lag, and that was noted by him on discord.
    Yep! As soon as there's useful information to announce, we'll announce it.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

[QUOTE=LT218;6396907]How about the raid? How about the lag that's ruining the user experience in the existing content

This,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,idgive a rats arse bout anything else i want what i paid for .............maybe loadscreen lockups but aint holding my breath

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

Ive been wondering the same thing. I know we are all working from home but this is the internet; it takes literally 5 seconds to tweet. Unless of course its something else to do with the awful times then I hope everyone is OK.
    There is also too the possibility that they are all NPCs and something happened that wiped their code.

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

Hey Steelstar, not sure if you have time but poison immunities need a look at, the items/augments aren't functioning at all, and the class granted poison immunities are mostly not working. Protection from evil too seems to be allowing command/charm/dominates, so that immunity is wonked too.

Umm....devs, where'd you go?

Errr... maybe they are stuck on the Loading Screen?

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    The DDO forums are the most toxic and unpleasant official forums I’ve ever been a part of.
    You nerfed my monks, dailies and alchemists.
    I nerfed your profit on two accounts.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast