Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    The final “beep” at the beginning of the run should be an octave higher than the others.
    I thought that as well. Plus Pole Position is abandoneware, https://www.myabandonware.com/game/pole-position-8o . I like how that game starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We do have plans to offer different challenges in Snowpeaks, and we've thought already about what a more skill-based version of the slide might look like, and what its reward structure might be. We'll see what ends up happening in the future, but the first year version of Snowpeaks should be considered the easy anyone-can-do-it version of the event.
    Oky, so we will prolly have a more skilled challenge with like better gold-coins-per-key reward ratio ? Nice! I love super-challenging mario games.

To keep this event interesting please add some nice consumables [could be for gold coins for the best ones], like stat buffs [doh those kobold anniversary party cookies would be sooo much better if they were +2 to stats for those 15 mins], hp regen [but not like slow-casting festivult candy bar unless u want to speed it up , you could reuse those hp throwed potions from card cruncher - the ones that scales with level].

You plan to re-introduce ricia games/midwinter rewards to this event?
    Last edited by gravisrs; 01-26-2021 at 05:16 AM.
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gravisrs View Post
    Oky, so we will prolly have a more skilled challenge with like better gold-coins-per-key reward ratio ?
    Gold coins aren't really the bottleneck right now, from my (admittedly limited) experience it's silver that's (relatively) difficult to get, as everything that isn't either pure cosmetics or a cookie requires it, and augments and trinkets actually require 100 silver which is roughly 3-4 keys and 20 gold which is 2-3 keys...
    Last edited by 3dent; 01-26-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dent View Post
    Gold coins aren't really the bottleneck right now, from my (admittedly limited) experience it's silver that's (relatively) difficult to get, as everything that isn't either pure cosmetics or a cookie requires it, and augments and trinkets actually require 100 silver which is roughly 3-4 keys and 20 gold which is 2-3 keys...
    True.

In my experience, Silver are harder to get then Gold.

They should offer a bronze trade in for silver. Maybe, 100 bronze for 10 silver, or something similar.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH

I just checked the event and only one words comes to my mind: BOOORING!
    Many people like this event due to fact that it is easy to get rewards. Sure, but is this all the event is about?

Compared to Midwinter Festival and Risia Ice Games, it is as flavourless as possible. Just favors strong characters that can kill many champions and open many chests. I can, too, but Midwinter nad Risia were nice change - required different skills and I was always thrilled to get a better score. Or learn how to get that purple coin.
    Maybe there was a huge discussion that I missed about how bad the previous winter festival was. True, it had some flaws -mostly the rewards were not updated for a long time and all the recipes needed were quite annyoing. But this is much much worse. I doubt if even a bit more challenging snow slide will be introduced it will change much.

I usually try to find good points in changes and were even accused to be Dev's fan-boy one time. But this is probably the worst change in my 5+ years of playing DDO. . Just bring the old one back if that is all you can offer in exchange.

EDIT: Or best, and to be more constructive:
    Use the old challenges (risia + midwinter) and new trading system. I mean no need to use 10+ recipes to get an item, new items and old items updated to game power creep (like augments were). An overhaul to currencies would be needed. Something to replace motes - or just buy coins with new motes. But it is still easier to do than designing new challenges. Especially good ones, as current example shows.
    Last edited by Ahwaric; 01-26-2021 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

Quote Originally Posted by thedip View Post
    Getting the keys is far too random.

I ran over a dozen quests (most long or very long), post update, and not a single chest appeared inspite of them being all EE (and no I didn't kill the mobs before they could decide what type of champion they were). I even got conquest in Dryden's Crypt to try and coax one out - nothing, nada, not a sniff of a chest.

Today I ran 2 quests on EE and hurrah a chest dropped but the frozen key(s) must have all melted as none of my party got one.

I can really understand why people sought out chests in "A Small Problem" (I was not one of them) as the only way that I can run the event atm is using the free keys that we were given.
    That is so weird.... I see multiple chests in nearly every single quest I run, and usually get 1-3 keys every quest... I am overflowing with them...

I am running elite and R1 while leveling from 12-19....
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    That is so weird.... I see multiple chests in nearly every single quest I run, and usually get 1-3 keys every quest... I am overflowing with them...

I am running elite and R1 while leveling from 12-19....
    RNG. You are among those who regularly say : "it drops like candy", meanwhile RNG cursed players hardly ever find a key.

A guild member from "my" guild does have this problem. We did a whole quest chain - yet he got only 1 or two keys out of it.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Running the course, it brought back memories of the Disneyland Park ride "Matterhorn" which had an Abominable Snowman around one of the turns. During the last tunnel at the end of the Snowpeaks course, I was thinking he might make an appearance and jump out .. kinda like the Orc in "The Captives" who jumps out by the gate in the end area.
    Kiss My Khopes and Bow to my Bow
    ----------------------------------
    Firekragg Red / Windkragg Red of Sarlona

Community Member

By the way, I finally screenshotted that annoying "moon" thing I was complaining of earlier. It's this stained glass window

It's re-used several times in the course, but the one to the left of the 2nd milestone pad does look annoyingly like a coin you just missed when you're in a rush.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    A guild member from "my" guild does have this problem. We did a whole quest chain - yet he got only 1 or two keys out of it.

Most of my guild plays much more casually than I do. I give them as many keys as they want, even they don't want any more and I'm sitting on >100 keys atm.

Some times I don't get any keys for awhile, then one quest will yield 3-5. It is pretty random, and the only way to balance that out is with a larger sample size, i.e. to play more. Otherwise there are some quests that naturally yield more (lots of orange difficulty mobs) and there is no over level penalty on getting a chest, so if one really wanted to farm keys you could use a higher level character on a lower level high yield quest.

Community Member

Default Good enough for a freshman year event, but I miss the Ice Games

I am stuck trying to figure out why in the Snowpeaks run, and only in the Snowpeaks run, I randomly lose connection to the server. More than a little annoying, since it costs me coins, which disappear on the run, when I have to reload the game. I freeze and then sit there as the server stops sending packets. None dropped and my side is sending with no reply.

It is most likely something on my end, but honestly, I have a hard time giving SSG a pass with all the lag issues in game. And the fact I can play for hours without losing connection really points to their side.

It has been a struggle to get through a few runs. Guess I will wait until next year to see if there is more effort put into developing the event.

Default Diadem of frost is a disappointment

I'd rather not have spent 50 gold coins on a cosmetic that doesn't look like the icon given to represent it and also doesn't look like "frost".

Can that be updated to look like a white or silver flame or something? It's too similar to the diadem of flame.

I understand random key mechanics like this and mabar have lots of issues.

I went to run the event first time and had to take the keys out of the bag and I had like 60+ on only one of my toons. I also remember running mabar the first time this year and getting 6 keys, then having a run with 0 keys. But random is meant to be that way: some people are lucky and some people are always lucky. Should we remove random from the equation and make it skill only or free only? I have to point out that has a huge set of issues on its own.

I give the course 10/10. It's so easy and casual you can just do 1 minute quick runs between coffees or quest haha
    Social justice w...arlock in Sarlona, leader of Scourge of Xaos.
    OkarisRage, Barbarian doing racial past lives
    Noellal raid buffcher - Caldrick apprentice tank - Lemish artificer tank wannabe

Sneaky community member MalarKan's Avatar

We do have plans to offer different challenges in Snowpeaks, and we've thought already about what a more skill-based version of the slide might look like, and what its reward structure might be. We'll see what ends up happening in the future, but the first year version of Snowpeaks should be considered the easy anyone-can-do-it version of the event.
    Awesome! I figured as much

I actually enjoy it as a in between quests filler, or run a couple times before logig off for the night.

May i use this oportunity to remind everyone that the store bought ice skates still exist in many players TR bank? ????????????
    Cisko from Argonessen: Prodigious Lord of Shadows, Master Locksmith and Deadly Firedancer
    (6th pure rogue life and counting)
    Long LiveR.O.G.U.E.

Default One avatar cant pik up frozen keys

I have a toon Adcms that is getting key drops but every time I loot them they say they go into the ingredient bags but nothing appears in my ingredient bag even if I buy the keys nada. I am not sure what is going on but it seems to be just limited to this avatar
    When I am good I am very good and when I am bad I am better

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Craigrx1 View Post
    I have a toon Adcms that is getting key drops but every time I loot them they say they go into the ingredient bags but nothing appears in my ingredient bag even if I buy the keys nada. I am not sure what is going on but it seems to be just limited to this avatar
    Two ingredients bags?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Craigrx1 View Post
    This is probably things you already know, but are you sure you're checking the green (ingridients) not brown (collectible) bags? And that you actually don't have multiple bags?

Actually I do have 2 ingredient bags one small and one tiny, One is from the The Twelve patron and one is from the NPC that gives the crafting quest. And yes I have checked them both
    When I am good I am very good and when I am bad I am better

Community Member

It would be epic to have the mimic event at the same time as this one. Being randomly attacked by snow chests would be giggle worthy.

..., but the first year version of Snowpeaks should be considered the easy anyone-can-do-it version of the event.
    This is what I don't understand. The slopes are level 1, period, and this is a first. WHY? The Ice Games I've played for years was prematurely cut short, imho, for this? It feels like a desparate attempt to kill yet another event where many players had old loot that SSG wanted dead. Or am I missing something? Playing to FTP accounts. . . ?

The Crystal Cove event was successfully (? or did SSG not get enuf $$$?) modified. Mabar (do). Why not the Ice Games? Too much hard code?

EDIT: It's cool that if you slide off the ramp you can restart. That's really the only plus.. but it is L1, right?
    It's not cool to have to hunt for keys, or buy them, to participate.
    It's not cool I thought skates made a diff (as a nod to what SSG killed) when they don't. And the tunnel is a joke-bullYwit. Would be perfect for a creature combat situation, but no.
    As a player that's been paying/playing this game for 13 years @ $99 per year, I feel cheated, again.
    It's BS the final row of coins is 3 copper.. so that's a hidden roll now... Yeah. I LURVE MMO'S
    This game (maybe others are the same) is why I will never pay $$$ for another MMO.
    a problem
    As far as the key delivery system, check the Auction House/Shard Exchange. But that's not important, right? ppl that farm these things n capitalize on it....
    It's not cool that Keys have to be found to participate in a Level 1 only event.
    It's not exactly cool this thread was started by a Forum Member and not SSG, but stands as a sign of the times, apparently.

Dun talking. SORRY, not.
    Last edited by Cybersquirt; 01-31-2021 at 02:21 AM.
    You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast