Default Weapon Mouse-Over no longer shows item wear

Sentient and filigrees have added a problem for weapon mouse-overs. Filigrees, their descriptions, and their set descriptions take up so much space on the mouse-over for a weapon, that it causes the weapon to oh so slowly scroll the things that don't fit. There's no way to speed the scroll (move the mouse and it kills the mouse-over). And, it has a time-out. It scrolls so slowly that it literally never shows the one piece of data that someone might need to see FAST during combat: the item wear bar.

About 90% of the text shown could be removed; eg. "Dexterity to Damage: This weapon can use Deterity for damage." Bit of redundant redundancy there? Some of it is completely useless due to lack of data: "Increased Weapon Die: +(W) damage." tells me absolutely nothing (it could say "Weapon Dice: +3.141W". Most filigrees display two text lines where 1 would do. And, well, the item wear bar is at the bottom -- can't even see it because the scroll times out and ends before showing it and it takes 15s to time-out, too (FAR too long for mid-combat viewing).

No, don't make the scroll last longer. Move the bar so you can see it FAST without any scrolling. Preferably show it even without needing to scroll. Other games with similar systems typically include a horizontal bar on the item icon itself.

IMHO, there's some data that is nice on a fast mouse-over that might be needed in combat: item wear, augments, and TERSE filigrees (for those with multiple nearly identical swap-items -- which one is that again?). Item type and detailed behavior is important for mouse-over checking on new loot. STORY is great, but that can wait for out of combat / post-looting viewing; eg. move that to a right-click for info area that opens a full multi-page novel for all the descriptions you care to add -- or even shows cutscenes of the gnomes and dwarves who toiled away constructing it. Showing all that on a fast check and never showing what you really need to see is a problem, though.

Agreed, it would be great if the item durability bar were moved up near the top; maybe make it thinner as well.

It would also be nice if the current weapon durability % was shown when you got the "your item has been damaged" notification.

I'll also agree that a lot of the info could be condensed or relocated. Indeed, the effects and filigree are what you would want to read most when you look at an item you're already mostly familiar with. For most weapons, the info about dmg dice, crit profile, etc are all the same, and/or not relevant when you're deciding what to equip from your golf bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjond View Post
    There's no way to speed the scroll (move the mouse and it kills the mouse-over). And, it has a time-out. It scrolls so slowly that it literally never shows the one piece of data that someone might need to see FAST during combat: the item wear bar.
    Doesn't help in the heat of combat, but if you select on an item from your inventory and use the focus orb's gear icon you get a version of the window that you can freely scroll.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu; equip-able halflings

Sentient and filigrees have added a problem for weapon mouse-overs.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Doesn't help in the heat of combat, but if you select on an item from your inventory and use the focus orb's gear icon you get a version of the window that you can freely scroll.
    There's an option for condensed item descriptions somewhere, I don't know if it has any effect on filigree's page of info offhand right now, but it might be something to look at.

Also, I think you can press "Z" to open that examine window without having to mouse over to the gear icon?

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    if you select on an item from your inventory and use the focus orb's gear icon
    Interesting -- dunno what the "focus orb" or it's "gear icon" might look like or how to access it. Never seen anything even remotely fitting that description.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    There's an option for condensed item descriptions
    Found it: "Show Detailed Descriptoins in Examination". Tried it. Most diplomatic feedback I could give devs on this one is "nice idea, how about making it work?" It just chops off the part after the ":" in the descriptions. Sometimes this is good; eg. "Dexterity for Damge", "Cold Iron", etc. are great. Most become pointless; eg. "Increased Weapon Die", "Completed Weapon", "Increase Critical Threat Multiplier", and the like all need their respective values.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    I think you can press "Z" to open that examine window without having to mouse over to the gear icon?
    Yes, you can. This is actually the only way I can see the item wear bar on my weapon, though removing it to view from inventory is counterproductive for any build that generates enough wear to need to check it.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Interesting -- dunno what the "focus orb" or it's "gear icon" might look like or how to access it. Never seen anything even remotely fitting that description.
    Focus orb is the UI circle that displays stuff you're selecting (like this link for belts).

My quick search found this image from LeoLionxxx (post here). It's the red-ish circle that highlights your target:

[/QUOTE]
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Focus orb is the UI circle that displays stuff you're selecting
    Thanks! The "orb" part there really threw me -- had me thinking of something else entirely. I'd have used "window" or "box", which is generically used across all MMOs.