Thread: Load screens

Default Load screens

Exactly how bad does this have to get before one just says f-it and closes the game forever?

31 minutes of closing the client and trying again and I still have not gotten into the Cogs.

Loading into a quest has nothing to do with effects stacking, has nothing to do with combat lag or monster pathing.

This has become such a black eye on this game. How can a game that is an instance based game not have this basic function working?!?

Very frustrated player......
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne, Vis
    Ubique Eo, Invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baahb3 View Post
    Exactly how bad does this have to get before one just says f-it and closes the game forever?

31 minutes of closing the client and trying again and I still have not gotten into the Cogs.

Loading into a quest has nothing to do with effects stacking, has nothing to do with combat lag or monster pathing.

This has become such a black eye on this game. How can a game that is an instance based game not have this basic function working?!?

I dont think SSG cares either way. DDO has become the old car that wont die. Its an old game that they just milk to keep lining their pockets. Priority is to get another pack out to score more money, not make sure the game works right.

Community Member

Cut them some slack! I mean, they removed the respawning oranged names out of Small Problem and took the cosmetics NPC out of the Hall of Heroes. That should have helped the lag and load screen issues! Right? Just start a thread entitled "XP pots refilling during load screens!!!" It will be fixed tomorrow.

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

I've written about this issue before.
    SSG of course cares and actively works to solve issues like this,
    but the fundamental wall they hit is their business model.

DDO/LOTRO are candy machines -

SSG's business only is profitable when they add new candy to the machines,
    not redesigning the machines themselves.

SSG does not have the time, resources, or capital to do that.

We are, then, as players, stuck with the games we have.

It will never be financially viable for SSG to rebuild the candy machines or redesign them,
    that's not what they purchased DDO and LOTRO for.

SSG purchased DDO/LOTRO to maintain turn-key candy machines that simply require new candy to keep us players buying and enjoying the DDO/LOTRO candy.
    And in this regard, they have done a fantastic job. The new candy being Ravenloft, Sharn, Feywild, new classes, races, spells, quests, etc.

SSG's candy is way better than Turbine's ever was. I think we could cue a song for SSG with the music from Kelis's 'Milkshake' from her album Tasty

'Our candy brings all the players onboard, that's right its better than yours, I could teach you, but I'd have to charge.'

etc.

SSG will do whatever they have to to keep these 15 year old candy machines running, but beyond that, we players will never see anything.
    Last edited by Dark_Lord_Mary; 01-21-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Community Member

All the bs reasons aside its becoming a massive issue personally and for all my guildies needs attention

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    You may be right but by not going back and fixing the coin operator or updating the decals, they are just hastening the decline of those vending machines. They are going back and updating class trees yet, so they are doing some maintenance on the machines.

I am not ready to give up on them. There has to be some pride left within SSG to put forth a quality product. The new candy as you put it (for the most part) indicates that they have not given up on it yet. I think Ravenloft an Sharn are the two best content dumps since Gianthold.

I think everyone, and I don't use that word lightly, would not mind if the new candy took a back stage for 6 months and we just got the broken stuff fixed. No one wants to have their quarters eaten by a broken coin mech after all.

At this point fixing things up would renew the enthusiasm and bring back/new players just as much as new candy IMO.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne, Vis
    Ubique Eo, Invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    I've written about this issue before.
    SSG of course cares and actively works to solve issues like this,
    but the fundamental wall they hit is their business model.

DDO/LOTRO are candy machines -

SSG does not have the time, resources, or capital to do that.

We are, then, as players, stuck with the games we have.

It will never be financially viable for SSG to rebuild the candy machines or redesign them,
    that's not what they purchased DDO and LOTRO for.

SSG purchased DDO/LOTRO to maintain turn-key candy machines that simply require new candy to keep us players buying and enjoying the DDO/LOTRO candy.
    And in this regard, they have done a fantastic job. The new candy being Ravenloft, Sharn, Feywild, new classes, races, spells, quests, etc.

SSG's candy is way better than Turbine's ever was. I think we could cue a song for SSG with the music from Kelis's 'Milkshake' from her album Tasty

'Our candy brings all the players onboard, that's right its better than yours, I could teach you, but I'd have to charge.'

etc.

SSG will do whatever they have to to keep these 15 year old candy machines running, but beyond that, we players will never see anything.
    People see the glass ball filled with candy but too many time when people put their quarter in the Candy Machine and no candy comes out.

Smarten up Mary, this game needs to have its engineering issues addressed. All your pretty little metaphors aren't going to change that.

New flash regarding content: Ravenloft was built on Turbine's watch it was just released after SSG took ownership. SSG does not have the competency to release a pack like that. Feywild has some good quests but overall it was a dud the Sev pretty much just phoned in and never completed.