Community Member

Default Suicide underwater with warforged?

Is there a way to force my warforged to die underwater? It seems it's a critical piece of soloing Twilight Forge. Or do I have to either get a group or forget Twilight Forge for now?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by VarenTai View Post
    Is there a way to force my warforged to die underwater? It seems it's a critical piece of soloing Twilight Forge. Or do I have to either get a group or forget Twilight Forge for now?
    Won't the command "/death" work for that?

Two greensteel items? Hmmm, or what about changing forms, like druid or palemaster? Idk if those would let you drown as warforged?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by yfernbottom View Post
    Won't the command "/death" work for that?
    Death will boot you out of the quest entirely, it sounds like OP wants to die within the quest to advance it. Though I dont think drowning is necessary, I thought Twilight Forge just kills you outright when you get to that point in the quest? Geez I can only imagine how tedious it would be trying to drown on a char with 1000+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Two greensteel items? Hmmm, or what about changing forms, like druid or palemaster? Idk if those would let you drown as warforged?
    Palemasters dont breathe either

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Geez I can only imagine how tedious it would be trying to drown on a char with 1000+ HP
    Especially if you have the fast healing past life feat and forget to turn it off.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Do you have an alternate form that does breathe?

Not likely, but at least potentially available.

Also, two heroic greensteel items will kill you right quick.

Edit: for the alternate form, I'm mostly thinking of wolf/bear/Sorcerer Elemental, but I honestly don't remember if my sorcerer elemental form needs air underwater since high Con and high enough HP means I never pay attention to it because it isn't ever going to be a significant threat even if I did need to breathe
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Do you have an alternate form that does breathe?

Not likely, but at least potentially available.

Also, two heroic greensteel items will kill you right quick.

Edit: for the alternate form, I'm mostly thinking of wolf/bear/Sorcerer Elemental, but I honestly don't remember if my sorcerer elemental form needs air underwater since high Con and high enough HP means I never pay attention to it because it isn't ever going to be a significant threat even if I did need to breathe
    Which greensteel items?

Community Member

Which greensteel items?
    Any two non-weapons that haven't been cleansed, so you can suffer damage from the Taint of Shavarath. At 5d8 damage per 2 seconds (avg. 11/s) it'll still take a while, but you could remove a bunch of HP items first to make it a little quicker (and not suffer as much equipment damage)
    Last edited by Discpsycho; 01-21-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    Any two non-weapons that haven't been cleansed, so you can suffer damage from the Taint of Shavarath. At 5d8 damage per 2 seconds (avg. 11/s) it'll still take a while, but you could remove a bunch of HP items first to make it a little quicker (and not suffer damage)
    I think that will work! Thank you, heading to Twilight Vale now!

Though I dont think drowning is necessary, I thought Twilight Forge just kills you outright when you get to that point in the quest?
    There is a YouTube vid that shows how to solo via dying at one point.

You can also do it with a hire and a pet or gold-seal hire (Elieri Thistledown?), and not dying.

Two greensteel items?
    That's one way.

The other way (shown in vid!) is to take damage from the tunnels (or other source) until you are ~almost~ dead, then remove your +Con/False Life items at the key point when you want to die. Voila.
    Last edited by C-Dog; 01-21-2021 at 08:05 PM.
    The Basics of DDO / "Select Adventure Pack" Sales & "How to choose an Adventure Pack"

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." Bill Murray

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post

You can also do it with a hire and a pet or gold-seal hire (Elieri Thistledown?), and not dying.

That's one way.

The other way (shown in vid!) is to take damage from the tunnels (or other source) until you are ~almost~ dead, then remove your +Con/False Life items at the key point when you want to die. Voila.
    It's a raid, so no hires. The Con/False Life items ain't a bad idea, though. Quicker than greensteel for certain. I'm a PM so I use my skelly pet.

If you like soloing,
    I find having 2 accounts or more can be fun.
    Protect the Silver Flame at all costs!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Got a link to this vid? I can't find it because I am dumb. I blame my 3rd grade teacher.

It's a raid, so no hires.
    D'oh!

Got a link to this vid?
    Sure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA9BsR1_qLs

(When you Search, the trick is finding the significant "key words" that single out that vid from the rest of the noise. For this, I started with "youtube solo twilight forge", and got 4 responses - 1st one was the above.)

Then I remembered where I first found it - linked under the Wiki article for that quest. So... "dumb" is just a state of mind.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/The_Twiligh...External_links

Enjoy!
    o/
    The Basics of DDO / "Select Adventure Pack" Sales & "How to choose an Adventure Pack"

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." Bill Murray

Equip two uncleansed pieces of greensteel equipment, preferably epic because it's faster.
    Social justice w...arlock in Sarlona, leader of Scourge of Xaos.
    OkarisRage, Barbarian doing racial past lives
    Noellal raid buffcher - Caldrick apprentice tank - Lemish artificer tank wannabe

Can always do the bouncing D door action.

Palemasters dont breathe either