Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default best reaper soloist build as of now?

i have some tr pastlives (lacking only a few caster ones) and +4 tomes but no racial past lives. i want an easier build to play though so i actually would prefer a thrower/shooter build instead of a caster. i am lazy so i don't want a million different skills in my hotbar, and like activate this and that and drink this potion and that potion only then your dc enough to insta kill things type of stuff.

if possible, please direct me to one of those detailed builds where stuff explained in detail and thanks in advance.

also, coming after a long break, and assuming melee is still too dangerous to play in reapers, especially solo. otherwise, i love stick rogues and monks and i love swashbucklers but i hate brutes who swing greataxes or mauls.
    Last edited by newtnewt; 01-21-2021 at 05:20 AM. Reason: not only throwers, bows xbows etc. fine too

Assuming you want a build that can solo R1 1-20 / 1-30 when no groups are around:

Melee: Paladin 2hf (splendid dps, reasonably selfhealing) or Barb 2hf.

Ranged: Any kind of Inquisitive build. Could do a divine for more self healing than scrolls but scrolls are fine usually.

Caster: Sorc or Alchemist nuker (sorc is easier in lower levels, alchemist gets self healing)

Any of these should be able to zoom through R1 pretty easily.

Maybe someone else will post links to detailed builds or you can search for them. Have fun!
    Here is one link though - a bit old but still seems reasonable useful: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...st-feels-right
    Last edited by mikarddo; 01-21-2021 at 07:17 AM.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Community Member

i want to be able to solo r4-r5 easy. i can solo r2-r3 even with my qstaff builds.

Quote Originally Posted by newtnewt View Post
    i want to be able to solo r4-r5 easy. i can solo r2-r3 even with my qstaff builds.
    Ok, that wasnt clear from the OP. I would say the same builds - just better gear and more knowledge. But maybe others can provide more info then.

Have you tried an Inq build?
    Danskerne

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Have you tried an Inq build?
    just before posting this i read some stuff about it. they were saying inq was great but not that great now etc. then some other guy was saying there's no reason to do repeaters anymore greatcrossbow to go but maybe you can be an inq and use cxb? i don't know. but no, i didn't tried an inq build before. that enchantment tree (i suppose) wasn't a thing back when i was playing.

just before posting this i read some stuff about it. they were saying inq was great but not that great now etc. then some other guy was saying there's no reason to do repeaters anymore greatcrossbow to go but maybe you can be an inq and use cxb? i don't know. but no, i didn't tried an inq build before. that enchantment tree (i suppose) wasn't a thing back when i was playing.
    Inq was completely OP at first but after some nerfs its still decent. You cannot use reapeaters and be an Inq. I havent played one in a while though.

Seeing you are familiar with stick builds you might want to try one of those first. The addition of strikethrough (meaning you have a chance to hit multiple targets on normal attacks) should make a pretty decent difference. After that you might want to try either a pally or a barb 2hf build as those are very good atm, again partly due to the addition of strikethrough.

If you prefer trying a ranged build Inq is the way to go atm. There is a bow tree coming soon though so you could play melee till then and see if thats OP when it comes out.
    Danskerne

I don't think Inquisitive will meet your expectations if you're hoping to solo R4-R5 "easy". My advice would be something more AOE specific, like THF Paladin or Sorc/Alchemist. Which one I'd recommend to you depends on your gear, playstyle, and skill level.
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Ultrasoul - Assistant to the Regional Manager of Lava Divers

Community Member

If you prefer trying a ranged build Inq is the way to go atm. There is a bow tree coming soon though so you could play melee till then and see if thats OP when it comes out.
    ty, i will take a look into inq. as far stick builds go though, i think it's just silly to try to melee and solo r4+ while those reapers and champs with specific buffs hit like trucks. thus, be cheap, start shooting from maximum range, kite, shoot shoot shoot more.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Epicsoul View Post
    I don't think Inquisitive will meet your expectations if you're hoping to solo R4-R5 "easy". My advice would be something more AOE specific, like THF Paladin or Sorc/Alchemist. Which one I'd recommend to you depends on your gear, playstyle, and skill level.
    i won't play paladin for sure. so tell me about the alchemist. i have pretty much no gear for casters but i have max crafting.

i won't play paladin for sure. so tell me about the alchemist. i have pretty much no gear for casters but i have max crafting.
    The Alchemist is one of the highest performing classes in the game currently. While it has a lot of potential, it also requires a high skill level to truly optimize your performance. The class has the utility you need to solo the R4/R5 quests, like you mentioned: AOE damage, CC, and decent self healing when required. Here is a guide from a guild member that truly unlocked Alchemist's potential, if you're interested.
    Last edited by Epicsoul; 01-21-2021 at 09:15 AM.
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Ultrasoul - Assistant to the Regional Manager of Lava Divers

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

i have some tr pastlives (lacking only a few caster ones) and +4 tomes but no racial past lives. i want an easier build to play though so i actually would prefer a thrower/shooter build instead of a caster. i am lazy so i don't want a million different skills in my hotbar, and like activate this and that and drink this potion and that potion only then your dc enough to insta kill things type of stuff.

if possible, please direct me to one of those detailed builds where stuff explained in detail and thanks in advance.

also, coming after a long break, and assuming melee is still too dangerous to play in reapers, especially solo. otherwise, i love stick rogues and monks and i love swashbucklers but i hate brutes who swing greataxes or mauls.
    If it were for Hardcore, then I'd look at Alchemist starting out with GXBow or with Repeating XBow and then swap over to nuking at level 6 at the earliest (more realistically level 12, but still remember to chuck spells at enemies and get your reactions starting at level 1). Self healing and pew pew until Alchemist becomes effective and then nuking once Alchemist starts really rocking and rolling at 12.

If it's not for Hardcore, the you're WAY more flexible because you can push the limit and just know that you're going to die periodically. Park a level 9+ Cleric hireling at the entrance and get your Raise Dead mojo on. All you need to worry about is getting to level 9 and that's kind of trivial, honestly.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Paladins are far stronger than you are likely to remember - but alchemist along with sorcs are likely the best. Having enough spell points in particular without good gear will probably be an issue when soloing.
    Danskerne

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Epicsoul View Post
    The Alchemist is one of the highest performing classes in the game currently. While it has a lot of potential, it also requires a high skill level to truly optimize your performance. The class has the utility you need to solo the R4/R5 quests, like you mentioned: AOE damage, CC, and decent self healing when required. Here is a guide from a guild member that truly unlocked Alchemist's potential, if you're interested.
    thank you and great guide. after reading a bit i now know for sure i won't play alchemist either because of that "reactions" mechanic. so hardcore. haha.

Community Member

Paladins are far stronger than you are likely to remember - but alchemist along with sorcs are likely the best. Having enough spell points in particular without good gear will probably be an issue when soloing.
    what's the best sorc then fire early then insta-kill later i suppose?

Imho,
    1-5 Fire
    5 Fire Caves only Cold
    6-11 Fire
    12-19 Air (Chain Lightning for the win)
    20-30 Fire / Insta
    Maybe swap to Fire at level 18.

Make sure to get the Ioun Stone with 200 spell points.
    Danskerne

Community Member

Imho,
    1-5 Fire
    5 Fire Caves only Cold
    6-11 Fire
    12-19 Air (Chain Lightning for the win)
    20-30 Fire / Insta
    Maybe swap to Fire at level 18.

Make sure to get the Ioun Stone with 200 spell points.
    i was sometimes joining parties where the freaking sorc was soloing r7 iq quests (dreamland, rustmonsters etc.) at level and we melees were running around like idiots. i guess i will do that too. gear is going to be problem i bet but gonna figure that out in the sorc section of the forum from this point on. thanks.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Fire early and Fire late.
    There used to be a case to be made for Ice, but SSG nerfed Ice hard with a recent raid loot item nerf, sadly. Instakill is always nice, but it’s something to add to the Fire, not something to replace Fire.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Very few can solo R4-5 Easily (I'll bet 25 players a server.) These handful that have all the past lives and gear and reaper pts already can mow thru it. None of them post a question like this.

Inqus is good if you have all day to run around as it is safe.
    Alch is probably best today where you can smoke the trash and have dps for the boss's. And still work up HP and self healing.
    Pali is the Melee version of Alch today.

Fair question to ask, but my believe is no build will suffice for someone asking it.

There is a world of difference between slogging thru and surviving a R5 solo run and mowing thru it easily. World
    Last edited by Varr; 01-21-2021 at 10:41 AM.
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Varr View Post
    Very few can solo R4-5 Easily (I'll bet 25 players a server.)
    how do you explain r10 soloers if r5 is so hard?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Fire early and Fire late.
    There used to be a case to be made for Ice, but SSG nerfed Ice hard with a recent raid loot item nerf, sadly. Instakill is always nice, but it’s something to add to the Fire, not something to replace Fire.
    thanks, good to know. then it's not that hard, i can craft some fire dmg increase thingies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast