Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Can we please get a teleport to quests in Feywild

Back when I read that Feywild would not have a teleport to quests option like in Ravenloft I thought: "Ok, they say it is a small area so that will not be so bad I guess."

But it is. Really.

Feywild is not so small after all, running to quests is really getting boring, with how the mobs spawn and how hard it is to see them before you get close enough for them to aggro on you.

It would be really nice to get a teleport NPC like in Ravenloft, or at the very least to general areas like in Sharn cogs.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

No! Tedious running that keeps you from enjoying DDO for a good chunk of the time that you want to play DDO is immersive and part of the fun of the game! /s
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Brains and other spare parts! DeltaBravo's Avatar

Default I agree.

A teleport point in the frost area. and the swamp area when you have done the series is really neeeded.

Also please the quests givers for the for the frost area quests would be apriciated in front of the quests. As an option.

/signed

Deltabravo
    Deltabravo I have come here to FROG things up!

Community Member

I don't like the Ravenloft teleporter NPCs.
    Having played the saga several times now, I still have no idea how the outland area looks.
    Not even once did I bother to walk to the quests on foot or horse - the teleporter NPCs are just too convenient.

IMHO the Sharn Cogs method works much better.
    You have to do some exploring first and once you unlock the teleport locations you can reach the quests faster.

I also like the Three-Barrel Cove NPC, that can take you to any quest, but only after you have completed them.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kenawyn View Post
    I don't like the Ravenloft teleporter NPCs.
    Having played the saga several times now, I still have no idea how the outland area looks.
    Not even once did I bother to walk to the quests on foot or horse - the teleporter NPCs are just too convenient.

IMHO the Sharn Cogs method works much better.
    You have to do some exploring first and once you unlock the teleport locations you can reach the quests faster.

I also like the Three-Barrel Cove NPC, that can take you to any quest, but only after you have completed them.
    If you don't like the fact that you have no idea how the outland area looks...

you could go look at it.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Lack of teleport is a problem for folks running pots they are paying for. There needs to be teleport options of some kind for this reason alone - it's wasting people's paid for pot times.
    This has to include first time runs / have not completed the quest runs, because that's a typical time for the pot to be used - when you 1 and done each quest as you level.

I think running the once to the hall is acceptable, then from the hall there need to be quick travel guides (not for AS, that is sickening to me), taking you at least to the rough areas where the quests are.

Community Member

Default Signed!

Couple things

I do not understand the people who want to force people to run thru an area they do not care about just because they do.
    If you want to explore the adventure zone please feel free, I want to do the quests not cause RED ALERTS=SERVER LAG just to do the part I enjoy.

Horse are awesome but they really need to turn off alerts in adventure zones without ports, these zone are in a constant state of alert when people are forced to run from quest to quest. Hint for the DEVS, if we are questing most do not care about your adventure zone and just want to get from quest to quest in a timely manner

Fey is so small you get a red alert just running to Make Believe which is almost next to the City enterance, Either cut the Mobs in this zone in 1/2, get rid of alerts in this zone, or put in ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Tist View Post
    Lack of teleport is a problem for folks running pots they are paying for. There needs to be teleport options of some kind for this reason alone - it's wasting people's paid for pot times.
    This has to include first time runs / have not completed the quest runs, because that's a typical time for the pot to be used - when you 1 and done each quest as you level.
    So much this.

Make it part of the favor rewards or just the guide talks to you after your first run or something else... but please address it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!
    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

It's not like Feywild is the size of Stormhorns. The longest runs with a horse are about 2 min max: From Immortality Lessons to the swamp quests, and from Thornright to the northern/ice quests.

If anything, the tuning fork needs options to teleport to the hut and to Wyrmwood Hall. The current logic implemented about where you end up is baffling and undesired.
    DPS solves all problems. R10 or bust. Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    If you don't like the fact that you have no idea how the outland area looks...

you could go look at it.
    No, I don't have a problem with that.

Its just - why should I care how the outland looks? The game made no effort to peak my interest.
    Not to mention the environment looks dark and oppressing - not a place I would want to walk around aimlessly.
    When talking with the NPCs you get no quest hooks, no banter, no POIs that would justify exploring.

And then you are presented with a fast and easy way to get to the quests - I would be an idiot not to take the option.

From my point of view all the effort that went into developing the outland area was wasted, since I am skipping it every time.

Compare this with the Three-Barrel Cove approach.
    When you start the quest-chain, there are no shortcuts - you are forced to walk or ride.
    By doing so you get to enjoy the scenery - which is much better on the eyes (colors, water, foliage)
    On epics you are rewarded with some nice surprise airship battles and you get to play with the inhabitants

Since it is not optional the time spent designing the outland was not wasted.

Finally - once you have completed the quests and want to farm - you can still do that efficiently having unlocked the shortcuts.
    I think it has a superior design when it comes to travel - fast travel.

Community Member

/Signed

Make it like 3BC please.

Community Member

Default =(

When you start the quest-chain, there are no shortcuts - you are forced to walk or ride.
    By doing so you get to enjoy the scenery - which is much better on the eyes (colors, water, foliage)
    On epics you are rewarded with some nice surprise airship battles and you get to play with the inhabitants

Since it is not optional the time spent designing the outland was not wasted.
    WHY?
    Just so I get to soak up the environment they created? What if I dont care?
    What if this is my !,000,000 time running this quest or quest chain and i have soaked it all in and i just want to get to each quest in seconds not minutes?

If Fey was a proper Ledendary adventure zone with 7500 as the kill mark, then maybe but even then, every group I have been in questing out there ignores the mobs pulls red alerts going from quest to quest

Just put ports in, and please pretty please put them in for all future content.

Heck as QOL they should put ports for any adventure zone that has quests in it,It might also help with some of their lag issues.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mininin67 View Post
    WHY?
    Just so I get to soak up the environment they created? What if I dont care?
    What if this is my !,000,000 time running this quest or quest chain and i have soaked it all in and i just want to get to each quest in seconds not minutes?
    Fair enough.

Maybe it would be a good idea to do a survey - how many people enjoy roaming the outland areas (If they do why? and if they don't why not?).

If the majority hates it that could be a hint for future expansions
    - not to create any new outland areas, since it is apparently a waste of dev resources that also annoys people.
    - or find a way to make the outland areas worth exploring. For example: very rare drops that can only be obtained there... etc.

By the way - why do you play the same quest for a !,000,000 times? Do you not get bored with it?

Community Member

There is some speculation that this might be added when the raid is added later this year.

Community Member

Yeah the quest runs arent that bad if you're doing the whole arc in one go...the entrances chain out along the north and south side of the map fairly evenly. A bit of a run to get up to the Winter quest area, but not terribly bad.

The issue becomes when you DONT want to do all the quests in one continuous play session. Then you gotta run back out all the way from Wynwood to wherever you left off. So that discourages you from playing Fey during a casual, short play session. It also punishes you if you're trying to farm items on quests that are way across the map.

I'd definitely support a Stormhorns-style quick travel with nodes in the Winter mountains and the Swamp that you unlock by discovering them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tist View Post
    While I agree with the suggestion, I do NOT agree with this reasoning for it. You know how the game is and you paid for your pot still.

I dont want to encourage a culture of entitlement like that about pots, where everything just becomes about XP/min because some people "paid for it". There are legitimate complaints about lost pot time...lag, loading screen hanging...but "the game does not let me absolutely min-max my pot timer" is not one of them. You got exactly what you paid for.

Community Member

Default Choices

Fair enough.

Maybe it would be a good idea to do a survey - how many people enjoy roaming the outland areas (If they do why? and if they don't why not?).

If the majority hates it that could be a hint for future expansions
    - not to create any new outland areas, since it is apparently a waste of dev resources that also annoys people.
    - or find a way to make the outland areas worth exploring. For example: very rare drops that can only be obtained there... etc.

By the way - why do you play the same quest for a !,000,000 times? Do you not get bored with it?
    I am not against Adventure zones, I use Ravenloft all the time for leveling.

I do want the choice on if I want to run thru to get to the quest or just port there.

I see Gianthold ( in other threads about the same topic ) and now 3BC as examples of how it should be.
    Gianthold works for 1 reason THERE ARE ALMOST NO MOBS IN THE ADVENTURE ZONE caps for emphasis, and 3BC would be the same there are very few mobs to run into compared to the Feywild were you can't go 3 steps without stepping on more mobs.

As to what quests i have run 1.000,000, Zero the number was used to make a point, but I would bet that GH and 3BC because they have heroic and epic I am somewhere in the thousands and really don't need or care to see the adventure zones any more than needed

Community Member

I think at least some intermediate port points need to be added, because I've noticed that Fey gets a very small number of LFMs compared to Ravenloft and Sharn. Part of the reason is, you see one in progress and it might be over by the time you get there. Also, a lot of newer players won't know where it is within the explorer zone or will get bogged down by aggro while trying to get to the quest. One lesson I've learned is that the more 'friction' in your LFM, the fewer people are going to join it. Especially when you're talking about players playing for a half hour or so on their lunch break. Not everyone has time for a feywild full clear, which is the most workable lfm for Feywild.

Community Member

I'd definitely be a fan of it for the Legendary zone, but not for the heroic. It's probably my pen and paper senses kicking in, but travel and random encounters should be a thing for low level adventurers. Personally, I'd require travel through any wilderness area under level 13 (when arcanes would get access to the greater teleport spell).

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Back when I read that Feywild would not have a teleport to quests option like in Ravenloft I thought: "Ok, they say it is a small area so that will not be so bad I guess."

But it is. Really.

Feywild is not so small after all, running to quests is really getting boring, with how the mobs spawn and how hard it is to see them before you get close enough for them to aggro on you.

It would be really nice to get a teleport NPC like in Ravenloft, or at the very least to general areas like in Sharn cogs.
    I guess you haven't played the "Against the demon queen" chain recently ?
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

With mount takes like 1 min max to get to any quest, but if people need to rush so much then maybe open up teleport when found all explorers like some other areas, or charge shards, that's ddo convenience you pay for.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast