Community Member

Default Is Snowpeak No Fail/No Timer?

I was wondering if the snowpeak slide had a timer on it. So I decided to go real slow. I did and fell off (first time that happened). I then slow-fell down towards the finish line. Before reaching the ground, I decided to land in front of the finish line, and then walked backwards up the track. I got to top, came back down and hit all the stars, and then crossed the finish line and collected my reward chest. I didn't think it would be that easy. So, I am pleased to say that no, there appears to be no timer and you can't fail! More this please, with augment of vorpal/keen. And maybe now not feeling as bad about those icy burst kits taking up space in my bank
    Last edited by Thugblood; 01-19-2021 at 12:39 AM.

Could be because keys seem scarce.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

Community Member

Also I read someone say if you fall off you just teleport back to the top, so yeah its basically just a way to get a jackpot of coins with a little more engagement than just giving you a chest. Think of it like a secret bonus level in an old platformer game where you just run around collecting rings or whatever.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Also I read someone say if you fall off you just teleport back to the top, so yeah its basically just a way to get a jackpot of coins with a little more engagement than just giving you a chest. Think of it like a secret bonus level in an old platformer game where you just run around collecting rings or whatever.
    You brought back such a great memory for me from Ultima III. There was a secret door in one of the dungeons that if you managed to find it (by bumping up against all the walls) you were teleported to a huge maze with gold chests in every other square. You'd have like 350g built up from the entire adventure, maybe 50 hours of play when you found the gold stash, and you'd have like 7,000g exiting the maze.

I've never forgotten the experience of suddenly being able to buy everything you wanted in the game after a 15 minute interaction with that huge hidden vault. It wasn't after the game was over either, it was about two-thirds of the way through the grand adventure.

There is a 10 minute timer at the top of the screen. Or there was when it first came out. Did they change that? Oh, I see. It's just a speed boosting effect that I was looking at.

I think that 10 minute boost is the same as giving you ice skates in the other games. Once it wears off the slide gets very slow and slippery.

I was on the slide for 15 to 20 minutes and it never kicked me out.

Yeah, I saw someone say "Jump off if you miss coins and get another run", but really it is easier just to turn around and get that coin as soon as you miss it.

It really doesn't compare to any of the other winter games in terms of a challenge.
    Last edited by TedSandyman; 01-21-2021 at 12:50 PM.