Default Glamersmith Aelonwy Maelodic gone ?

i might be blind but it is gone , i was looking forward to get my desired cosmetic for set but nope..
    300-400 gold coins is quite grind to get single cosmetic item you desire and have tought luck on rolls but one can bear with it. I get it might not have been intentional design but come on , it was nice and cosmetic and not gamebreaking , i even bought bunch of gold coins for it . It feels like low blow and you guys at SSG have showed in bad greedy light . Not happy at all and half of this event lost its charm for me

Community Member

When it comes back. If it comes back there will be no trade in for dust with the event cosmetics. Why do you think they pulled it?

This really annoys me. I actually spent some DDO Points to help get those festivult cosmetics, and now they're basically giving them away for free.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Community Manager

We have temporarily removed the Glamersmith in the Hall of Heroes, but expect the NPC to return in a patch planned for next week.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Wonder how many other parts of the game they're going to have to shut down for this one poorly thought out event? On the bright side, maybe if they turn off enough stuff, the lag will actually improve.

I knew it would happen but I was really hoping they would allow us to trade in 300-400 gold coins worth of cosmetics to get the one I wanted, one that I can't even buy from the store, but meh, sad times

Quote Originally Posted by Amoneth View Post
    I knew it would happen but I was really hoping they would allow us to trade in 300-400 gold coins worth of cosmetics to get the one I wanted, one that I can't even buy from the store, but meh, sad times
    yeah , same .. i am not mad just disapointed . Not going to buy 8 cosmetics of store to get one i want . Feels like wasted oportunity to add more to trade-in or to make event more enjoyable , but hey , i should be used to it by now

You can still purchase every cosmetic item offered by Aelonwy Maelodic using the in game shop and a little crafting. First, go to the in game store and purchase a number of Top Hats. The exact number required will vary depending upon how much Glammerdust you already possess and what cosmetic item you plan to make. Take your Top Hats to Aelonwy Maelodic and ask her to turn them into Glammerdust. She will exchange each Top Hat for 10 Glammerdust. Once you have enough Glammerdust, talk to her again and this time trade the Glammerdust for the item you desire. Most items cost 40 Glammerdust. Assuming you start with zero Glammerdust, this equates to 4 Top Hats (150 x 4 = 600 DDO Points).

If you pursue this endeavor, I highly recommend waiting for a game shop sale on cosmetic items and thus Top Hats. During a 50 percent off sale, the price of most cosmetic items offered by Aelony Maelodic effectively drops from 600 DDO Points to 300.

Please note, you can still play the game for cosmetic items from Aelonwy Maelodic. Level normally. In the process, you will acquire Favor and DDO Points. Most cosmetic items from Aelonwy Maelodic effectively cost 2,400 Favor since 24 x 25 = 600 DDO Points. If you can wait for a 50 percent off sale, most of her wares effectively cost 1,200 Favor.

If you go the Favor route, acquire the Favor and thus the DDO Points in advance of a sale. Do not try to acquire all that Favor during a sale. Most players simply cannot muster that sort of leveling speed. Collect your DDO Points in advance of the sale and exercise enough discipline not to spend them.

Obviously, the developers never intended the Gold Coin barter option to exist. Someone made an unfortunate mistake and it was corrected. While I feel your pain and lost 200 Gold Coins because of what happened, I also understand the position of the developers. I intend to take my own advice and stockpile DDO Points, through purchase and Favor, in advance of the next cosmetic item sale. That was my plan before this unfortunate mistake. Effectively, nothing changed.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I suppose I am playing for now. I wish you all many happy adventures!

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Please note, you can still play the game for cosmetic items from Aelonwy Maelodic. Level normally. In the process, you will acquire Favor and DDO Points. Most cosmetic items from Aelonwy Maelodic effectively cost 2,400 Favor since 24 x 25 = 600 DDO Points. If you can wait for a 50 percent off sale, most of her wares effectively cost 1,200 Favor.

If you go the Favor route, acquire the Favor and thus the DDO Points in advance of a sale. Do not try to acquire all that Favor during a sale. Most players simply cannot muster that sort of leveling speed. Collect your DDO Points in advance of the sale and exercise enough discipline not to spend them.
    Your advice is all well and good and thank you profusely for going into such detail for new cosmetic shoppers, unfortunately, I don't think there has been a decent sale on store cosmetics since 2018 and the 50% off sale that included Top Hats was I believe even further back. I've been on the look-out ever since and even did an in-depth research of DDO sales:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-growing-stale

We are due a good cosmetics sale and have been for years but that doesn't actually mean we will ever see one again, especially when they do give us a cosmetic item sale it is inevitably just the Outfit category and ignores Robes, Heavy armor, Medium Armor, Light Armor and Docents. For whatever reason.

What I'm trying to say is its one thing to suggest waiting for a sale, but when such sales are YEARS in between?! Well most of us don't have that much patience.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

You can still purchase every cosmetic item offered by Aelonwy Maelodic using the in game shop and a little crafting. First, go to the in game store and purchase a number of Top Hats. The exact number required will vary depending upon how much Glammerdust you already possess and what cosmetic item you plan to make. Take your Top Hats to Aelonwy Maelodic and ask her to turn them into Glammerdust. She will exchange each Top Hat for 10 Glammerdust. Once you have enough Glammerdust, talk to her again and this time trade the Glammerdust for the item you desire. Most items cost 40 Glammerdust. Assuming you start with zero Glammerdust, this equates to 4 Top Hats (150 x 4 = 600 DDO Points).

If you pursue this endeavor, I highly recommend waiting for a game shop sale on cosmetic items and thus Top Hats. During a 50 percent off sale, the price of most cosmetic items offered by Aelony Maelodic effectively drops from 600 DDO Points to 300.

Obviously, the developers never intended the Gold Coin barter option to exist. Someone made an unfortunate mistake and it was corrected. While I feel your pain and lost 200 Gold Coins because of what happened, I also understand the position of the developers. I intend to take my own advice and stockpile DDO Points, through purchase and Favor, in advance of the next cosmetic item sale. That was my plan before this unfortunate mistake. Effectively, nothing changed.
    Yeah I've been waiting for those to go on sale too, unfortunately the one I want is 60 dust so 900 points feels like a rip off, but thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    What I'm trying to say is its one thing to suggest waiting for a sale, but when such sales are YEARS in between?! Well most of us don't have that much patience.
    It's been years since the hireling folders were on sale too.
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien
    Guild Leader, Old Curiosity Shop
    "The 'forever' rogue"

Perhaps someone at Standing Stone Games will read this thread and consider adding cosmetic items and hireling folders back into the sale cycle.
    Last edited by Annex; 01-20-2021 at 05:51 PM.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder

Perhaps someone at Standing Stone Games will read this thread and consider adding cosmetic items and hireling folders back into the sale cycle.
    I think it's more likely they will make it so the hats can't be traded in any more

We can certainly hope.

I think it's more likely they will make it so the hats can't be traded in any more
    Seems like they'd be shooting themselves in the foot doing that when some people are willing to spend points and presumably $ for points to purchase a cosmetic of their choice. I mean its entirely possible they might do that but why?
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Right after Lynnabel added Aelonwy Maelodic to the Hall of Heroes, Psychoblonde wrote a post explaining how to use Top Hats as a means to gain Glammerdust. Shortly thereafter, the store featured a sale on Top Hats. That indicates the developers understand the relationship between Top Hats, Glammerdust, and the cosmetics offered by Aelonwy Maelodic. All of her Menace of the Underdark cosmetic items previously sold for 600 to 900 DDO points. Using Top Hats, all such cosmetic items cost exactly 600 or 900 DDO Points.

Something as simple as employee turnover may explain game store sale patterns during my absence. Perhaps the subject simply escaped their notice. In the past, a polite request for a sale typically bore fruit. The developers probably hold Sophie the Cat Burglar in low regard. However, if Angelic Aelonwy were to request the return of regular sales on cosmetic items and hireling folders in the DDO Store Feedback forum, perhaps the person responsible for store sales would respond favorably.

Perhaps try honey first?

Perhaps try honey first?
    Now I want a big stick covered in BEES! Does blunt and stacking starting slow but getting huge and painful piercing stings! With a chance for "Honey Stick Stupor", a short but oh so sweet large dollop of bonus helpless damage!

Procs rare-ish, but adds 20 percent bonus helpless to one mob getting honeyed. Honey'd? Whatever. (you still gotta put the mob in the helpless state, so blah its balanced)

Back to on topic...

Community Member

C'mon! You're a DDO player! To quote Jeets: "you've got patience up the wazoo!"

In the past, a polite request for a sale typically bore fruit. The developers probably hold Sophie the Cat Burglar in low regard. However, if Angelic Aelonwy were to request the return of regular sales on cosmetic items and hireling folders in the DDO Store Feedback forum, perhaps the person responsible for store sales would respond favorably.

Perhaps try honey first?
    I have asked Annex. I've started threads about it. I've commented on other ppl's threads about it. I've asked on the PC. I've asked on DDO twitchstream many times. In the past I've even PMed Cordovan and another dev that posted sales asking for a cosmetic sale to be added to the sales cycle with no response. I'm not going to nag them by repeatedly sending PMs.

The most response I've received was an offhand comment from Cordovan on twitch that he was sure one would come around eventually. Well eventually apparently means once every few years. And btw its incredibly aggravating to me that there has not EVER, not ONCE been a response to my queries as to why most cosmetic sales are only the OUTFIT category like cosmetic Docents, Hvy Armor, Med Armor, Lt Armor and Robes don't exist. Most of what I want to purchase are robes or Hvy Armor and those categories have been on sale maybe twice since Glammered cosmetics existed.

I have asked Annex. I've started threads about it. I've commented on other ppl's threads about it. I've asked on the PC. I've asked on DDO twitchstream many times. In the past I've even PMed Cordovan and another dev that posted sales asking for a cosmetic sale to be added to the sales cycle with no response. I'm not going to nag them by repeatedly sending PMs.

The most response I've received was an offhand comment from Cordovan on twitch that he was sure one would come around eventually. Well eventually apparently means once every few years. And btw its incredibly aggravating to me that there has not EVER, not ONCE been a response to my queries as to why most cosmetic sales are only the OUTFIT category like cosmetic Docents, Hvy Armor, Med Armor, Lt Armor and Robes don't exist. Most of what I want to purchase are robes or Hvy Armor and those categories have been on sale maybe twice since Glammered cosmetics existed.
    Thank you very much for all your efforts, Miss Aelonwy. It seems unlikely that additional requests for a sale will bear fruit and I have no desire to anger the people at Standing Stone Games.

Community Member

Soon(TM)?