Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Two nights of Reaper quests = 2 keys

Is this working as intended?

Ran Sharn Docks, R8,8,8,8,6,6.
    Demon Assault R10, Devil's Details R8.

Is reaper lowering the chest / key drop rate? Seems like it should have been more...
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Community Member

It is. We did a full sweep of R1 HH with 1254 kills and 110 mins later we averaged 20 keys per person. Totally not worth it. And won't be done again. The occurrence of champs is turned way down. Apparently they can hot swap these things without doing a restart.
    Last edited by Dnarth; 01-15-2021 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Ran Sharn Docks, R8,8,8,8,6,6.
    Demon Assault R10, Devil's Details R8.
    How long did it take you to complete 8 quests? "Two nights" isn't useful information.
    DPS solves all problems. R10 or bust. Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi

The drop is low. There are people who have been lucky with the drop, but it was foreseeable that many others end up kicked. We have random champions and a random key drop within those random champions. Random + random. Predictable, except for devs, of course.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    How long did it take you to complete 8 quests? "Two nights" isn't useful information.
    I told you the quests we ran and the difficulty setting. Have you never run them on reaper? We played a couple hours each night. We had a rough go in Soul Survivor and that ended up taking 63 minutes alone. No keys in that hour for any of the 5 of us running it, btw...
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Community Member

Ran with a full group on R5 few a good three or four hours last night. I got 6 keys, my partner ended up with 7. Saw plenty dropping for the rest of the group as well. No idea if group size helps?

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    I told you the quests we ran and the difficulty setting.
    Which is not enough information. Time spent in quests divided by number of quests = average keys per hour. That's something you can compare with other players. "A couple of hours" is not comparable.

Have you never run them on reaper?
    LOL. I have 45million RXP between two toons. I complete the first five docks quests on R10 in 6-7 min each, every life. Soul Survivor is one of the few legendary quests not worth running for first time reaper XP. It's simply too long.

With a 63 minute completion, you're struggling with high skulls. If you're looking for throughput with keys, then reducing time to completion by reducing skulls will obviously net you more keys if keys are your primary goal. Elite and reaper are not treated differently for champion spawn rates.

7.5 hours of running 53 R10s, I netted 29 keys. Here's what I ran:

Feywild (12 - skip Lost Locket)
    Mines (5)
    House J (5)
    Gatekeepers (5)
    Ravenloft (12)
    Docks (5)
    Dailies (8)
    Curse the Sky

So 1 key obtained about every 15 minutes of playtime.
    DPS solves all problems. R10 or bust. Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi

Interesting, I was just thinking the chests drop was frequent........but the coin and key drop per chest was way high. After a couple days of running thru a TR....did the 12's-14's mostly on R1.........I've 15 Gold, 87 Silver, 86 Bronze, and 34 Keys. so after looking at the cost of items dont even think I'll need to run the event.

This runs to Feb 16th right?

Guessing I'll have the mats for about 10 to many augments and 350 keys I'll never use. Time to post some keys on the Shard Auction house!
    Last edited by Varr; 01-15-2021 at 10:14 AM.
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

Is this one of those events where it pays to run quests at any level with high numbers of mobs, like Butcher's Path or Tear of Dhakaan, even blasting through with level 30's? Because higher number of mobs = higher number of champions?

I wasn't able to get very much with normal questing at level, just a handful of keys. I guess I don't play anywhere near 7 or 8 hours a day tho! I have a computer job and can't sit on my rear for 18 hours a day.

Community Member

Spent an hour farming the HH zombie hallway on EE last night, got 3 keys. I thought that the number of chests which dropped in that time span was fine, but the percentage chance that a chest has a key could probably stand to be increased. Especially considering that it's only a fraction (chests that drop keys) of a fraction (of champs that are Snowpeaks) of a fraction (that are champs to begin with) of mobs, instead of a percentage chance for all mobs in the Night Revels event.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by niknight View Post
    instead of a percentage chance for all mobs in the Night Revels event.
    While I'm not saying if the drop rate does or does not need adjustment, I would just like to point out - Night Revels keys were required to participate in the event. Most of the rewards for the event require you to get mats from key-bound quests.

Snowpeaks keys are not required. They're just a bonus, access to "super land" where you can rake in beaucoup coins. You can still earn any reward, though, without ever doing the ski run, just finding coins in chests. That justifies them being somewhat rarer.

I'll also point out how vociferously some people complained about Night Revels requiring you to stop your normal questing and focus on key farming and challenge runs. This event is designed as an overlay on normal quests, and now people are complaining the droprate is forcing them to quest normally instead of being able to focus exclusively on the special event content
    Last edited by droid327; 01-15-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Dang Droid, I have to spread some more rep around before I can+1 you but this post deserves a +1
    I wish i could press snowflakes in a book like flowers.
    Some people are like glow sticks. You just wanna snap 'em and then shake the heck out of them until the lights come on.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I'll also point out how vociferously some people complained about Night Revels requiring you to stop your normal questing and focus on key farming and challenge runs. This event is designed as an overlay on normal quests, and now people are complaining the droprate is forcing them to quest normally instead of being able to focus exclusively on the special event content
    okay that is funny.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

At this point I just gave up on this event.

Zero point in even bothering to care about the rewards if running a full cogs chain on R10 gets you an average of three chests and 1 key, haunted halls extended R1 (not a total full clear but ) gave our group 5 chests total (1 in zombie hallway, 2 in mummy room, 1 from a random helmed horror, and 1 in the armory with the animated armors)

I know for a fact that they massively reduced the spawn rate of the champions in all content at the same time as they "fixed" the water elemental farm in a Small problem (which also introduced a quest breaking bug, smooth move there). Removing easy farms AND massively reducing the spawn/droprates at the same time? really?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    okay that is funny.
    It's also incredibly dishonest, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Different people have different goals, motivations, points of view and thus opinions. The people who complain about dedicated Night Revels quests are not the same people who enjoy them and want more. Of course, you know that.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I suppose I am playing for now. I wish you all many happy adventures!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dnarth View Post
    It is. We did a full sweep of R1 HH with 1254 kills and 110 mins later we averaged 20 keys per person. Totally not worth it. And won't be done again. The occurrence of champs is turned way down. Apparently they can hot swap these things without doing a restart.

20 keys in under 2 hours? That sounds great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    Zero point in even bothering to care about the rewards if running a full cogs chain on R10 gets you an average of three chests and 1 key
    Interesting...

I ran Tangleroot on elite (at level), got like 10 chests and 3 keys. Solo. Already got enough for an Augment in less than an hour.

Without even trying. Was just running quests I was going to run anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnarth View Post
    What's wrong with that? 20 keys is pretty good.

And guess what, you don't have to "do HH again". Just play the game normally, and you'll continue to get chests and keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    What's wrong with that? 20 keys is pretty good.

And guess what, you don't have to "do HH again". Just play the game normally, and you'll continue to get chests and keys.
    20 keys is enough for 5 items. That's great! How many times does one need to buy out the whole store?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast