Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    Community Member lronEnema's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    324

    Default Do we still have a Lynnabel?

    Not seen a post from Lynnabel since October last year. Is she still with you guys?

    We liked Lynnabel. She used to fix our s*** when it went wrong.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,419

    Default

    Dang you're right, could've sworn he had posted at least on Lama since then, but I guess not...

    Though TBH the devs in general have gotten progressively quieter and quieter over time. A year or two ago they were a lot more active on the forums, you'd see two pages of dev posts on the tracker every day and they were fielding a lot of questions really quickly. Now all we get really is downtime notices and social fluff and "restating something we already said"/"debunking a rumor" posts :P

    Maybe the new ownership put a gag order on the team? I thought it was just them hunkering down with the new expansion, but that's been out a while now and they still havent come back.

  3. #3
    Community Member Yamani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the states
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    I've seen em talk in discord just the other day. Probably just doesn't want to deal with the toxicity that is forum users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

  4. #4
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Letters of Lingo
    Posts
    4,095

    Default

    Maybe a new handle to match they current state of the person we formerly known as Lynnabel?

  5. #5
    Community Member Jerevth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.
    Posts
    1,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Maybe a new handle to match they current state of the person we formerly known as Lynnabel?
    Dynnabel?
    One post and we all come running
    I'm starting to get jaded about this whole process- OP release, backend nerf- it's the proverbial mule and the carrot and I end up feeling like an ***.

  6. #6
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Letters of Lingo
    Posts
    4,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    Dynnabel?
    One post and we all come running


    Still alive by the looks of it.

  7. #7
    Founder & Super Hero Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    9,348

    Default

    If you can still send Lynnabel a PM, their forum account is still active. If the forum account is still active, it's likely Lynnabel is still an SSG employee.

    If Lynnabel is still an SSG employee, I cannot offer any speculation as to why they haven't posted in the DDO Forums since October.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

  8. #8
    Community Member Sir_Noob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    674

    Default More Lynnabel?

    Is it possible she has succumbed and been replaced by the "More Cowbell" phenomenom?
    Our loss...
    After a little Tolkien I am usually up for anything.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Noob View Post
    Is it possible she has succumbed and been replaced by the "More Cowbell" phenomenom?
    Our loss...
    No, we all know how he's going to go out....he lit himself on fire and set himself out to sea!

  10. #10
    Founder & Super Hero Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    9,348

    Default

    Lynnabel is logged into to other forum right now, just not as "Lynnabel."

    EDIT: 5 minutes later, they've logged out. Lynnabel's definitely still around DDO in some fashion.
    Last edited by Arkat; 01-14-2021 at 04:41 PM.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

  11. #11
    Hero apocaladle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    468

    Default

    did you see the shear number of items and item sets and crafting stuff released in the past few months?

    dude's busy building stuff.

  12. #12
    Chaotic Evil Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pocket Pita Plane
    Posts
    3,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Still alive by the looks of it.
    How much does the cameraperson get paid?

  13. #13
    Hero Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    662

    Default It doesn't appear so.

    Apparently some of the forum personalities drove her away.
    On the 13th she was talking in the general channel of the DDO Discord and wasn't treated very well
    by some of the members in the Chat

    In a nutshell she mentioned that it made her sad that time she spent building fun things for us made people mad,
    that she had quit the forums, and that she would probably pull back from Discord as well.

    For the record i really appreciate Lynnabel and all the positive energy she projected in her interactions with the community. For the life of me I don't know why anyone would feel the need to harass any of the DEV's that bend over backwards to try and give us a fun game.

    Thank you Lynnabel for all the effort and fun your hard work has given me.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

  14. #14
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Letters of Lingo
    Posts
    4,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Apparently some of the forum personalities drove her away.
    On the 13th she was talking in the general channel of the DDO Discord and wasn't treated very well
    by some of the members in the Chat

    In a nutshell she mentioned that it made her sad that time she spent building fun things for us made people mad,
    that she had quit the forums, and that she would probably pull back from Discord as well.

    For the record i really appreciate Lynnabel and all the positive energy she projected in her interactions with the community. For the life of me I don't know why anyone would feel the need to harass any of the DEV's that bend over backwards to try and give us a fun game.

    Thank you Lynnabel for all the effort and fun your hard work has given me.

    Let me guess, it had to do with cookies or something else a lot of people put a lot of effort in to obtain but saw missing without any word in advance or in some cases even no word afterwards as to why?

  15. #15
    Community Member Rykka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Land of Ice and Snow
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    There was a Lynnabel incorrectly stating what hotfix meant on the DDO discord tonite. lol
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

  16. #16
    Hero Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Let me guess, it had to do with cookies or something else a lot of people put a lot of effort in to obtain but saw missing without any word in advance or in some cases even no word afterwards as to why?
    No, it had to do with the coin and key drop rates in non-champion chests during the new event.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

  17. #17
    Hero apocaladle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Apparently some of the forum personalities drove her away.
    On the 13th she was talking in the general channel of the DDO Discord and wasn't treated very well
    by some of the members in the Chat

    In a nutshell she mentioned that it made her sad that time she spent building fun things for us made people mad,
    that she had quit the forums, and that she would probably pull back from Discord as well.

    For the record i really appreciate Lynnabel and all the positive energy she projected in her interactions with the community. For the life of me I don't know why anyone would feel the need to harass any of the DEV's that bend over backwards to try and give us a fun game.

    Thank you Lynnabel for all the effort and fun your hard work has given me.
    Sounds about right, I often try to avoid the general discussions as most of the time its just a bunch of karens complaining over them fixing exploits or not having 100% of the dev team working on the the thing THEY want changed. There is no point in trying to please these people and likely just caused a lot of stress on lynn. The forums are a toxic dumpster fire.

  18. #18
    Community Member Stravix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    No, it had to do with the coin and key drop rates in non-champion chests during the new event.
    That is a dang shame. Lynn has always been upbeat and quick to chime in and help. It is saddening to see people treat him that way to such an extent where he would separate himself from this community which he has loved so much in the past.

    Lynn, if you are lurking, let me just say that you are awesome, and I would love to see "The Defense" back at it, but if that cannot be, I hope you the best!

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by apocaladle View Post
    Sounds about right, I often try to avoid the general discussions as most of the time its just a bunch of karens complaining over them fixing exploits or not having 100% of the dev team working on the the thing THEY want changed. There is no point in trying to please these people and likely just caused a lot of stress on lynn. The forums are a toxic dumpster fire.
    Missing the whole point the how customer relationships are mismanaged at Turbine/SSG far predates Lynn.

    It is unfortunate Lynn was in a situation where they interfaced a lot of angry customers. It's also 99.98% neither their nor the customers fault that that situation exists. It's an easy mistake, although their motives were altruistic, that they believed they could undo the damage long done from the seat where she sat. If they looks to their left and right inside the office and down the hall at the corner office, those are the causes of the broken customer relationship situation and Lynn simply drew a bad hand.

    My unsolicited advice to Lynn, as someone who has and does employ people who interface with customers who can be quite demanding, and who's mentored developers from wet behind the ears kids continuing until they reached senior level, is go find a job with a company that has a foundation of respect for their customer base. Their energy for engagement was/is impressive, and is frankly wasted someplace like SSG which has no track record of valuing it.

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    391

    Default Don’t complain

    Every second SSG employees don’t spend on the forums is one more second they can spend fixing problems, and producing a higher quality product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload