Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    If only champion spawn them then Korthos is worthless

If your a F2P player your out of luck as well
    since champions do not spawn in normal level dungeons.
    You will be required to grind the dungeons over again.

Punishment for not paying for a subscription.
    I mean, run Haverdasher like 8x and farm chests no? Like 1 minute for 2 chests. Vet 1 makes for fast farms, and is easily unlocked as a F2P.

Also F2P past first life can open >Normal

Y'all are putting some words in the mouth of others lol.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    all of it
    Beautiful script work, by the way. (I just didn't want to splash a wall of text)

The update notes and several people said specifically, Hall of Heroes and talk to Flurry.

Maybe it just got lost in the other discussions.
    I'm starting to get jaded about this whole process- OP release, backend nerf- it's the proverbial mule and the carrot and I end up feeling like an ***.

Community Member

I’m not sure what part of “where” people are having a difficult time understanding. If someone asks “Where is the store?” the correct response isn’t “They have great deals at that store!” (even if they actually do have great deals at that store). I think people are getting confused between statements that are accurate, and statements that answer the question. For example, I’m wearing red slippers. Even though that’s true, it doesn’t help OP locate the festival. Perhaps some additional examples will help:

———

What’s important to understand is, in addition to being true, the correct responses explain where the events are located. Regarding OPs question:

Where is the Snowpeaks Festival located?
    This is just a guess from what I read on the wiki. When you kill a Scourge of the Snowpeaks champion (this is a new champion added specifically for this event), there is a chance it will drop a chest with a frozen key in it. Take that key to Flurry, located in the Hall of Heroes. He will transport you to the event.

This was all literally answered within the first 3 replies, or the first 2 answers, however you like to word it.

It's like people actively look for ways to not read stuff. I swear Ubisoft has made us all ADD with their huge go here arrows. There is a guide written by the devs about the event and it literally has all the info. This kind of post just baffles me.

https://www.ddo.com/en/news/snowpeaks-festival-guide
    https://www.ddo.com/en/news/snowpeak...festival-guide
    Last edited by Avocado; 01-13-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Community Member

So >>> IF <<< it is only Champions in dungeons ... I will call it
    early as a REALLY bad choice. I would ask that they
    change it to something that ALL players can enjoy.

This -Reapers is the norm- is a really bad choice when you basically
    have to have a subscription to directly access it without having to grind a dungeon 3 times
    to get it.

Seems that way, just like any membership in the world I guess. Members get discounts and can do more cause they pay. Not really sure why this is a difficult concept.

Community Member

No. The coins and keys also appear in regular chests. My first two bronze coins and a frozen key were acquired from the chest granted by the rare encounter at Enoch the Beekeeper in the wilderness area surrounding the Keep on the Borderlands.

Community Member

Which players does this exclude? FTP players who ardently solo normal difficulty dungeons and refuse to revisit once done? Do these excluded players even exist?

Community Member

I’m not sure what part of “where” people are having a difficult time understanding. If someone asks “Where is the store?” the correct response isn’t “They have great deals at that store!” (even if they actually do have great deals at that store). I think people are getting confused between statements that are accurate, and statements that answer the question. For example, I’m wearing red slippers. Even though that’s true, it doesn’t help OP locate the festival. Perhaps some additional examples will help:

Question
    Where is the Mabar Endless Night Festival located?

Incorrect response
    Ghostbane rubies help you kill ghosts.

Correct response
    House J, near the entrance to Delera’s Graveyard.

———

Question
    Where is the Anniversary Party located?

Incorrect response
    I liked last year’s loot better.

Correct response
    House P, near the entrance to Partycrashers.

———

Question
    Where is Crystal Cove located?

Incorrect response
    My cat’s breath smells like cat food.

Correct response
    In the north end of the harbour, look for Sailor Calatin. He will transport you there.

———

What’s important to understand is, in addition to being true, the correct responses explain where the events are located. Regarding OPs question:

Where is the Snowpeaks Festival located?
    This is just a guess from what I read on the wiki. When you kill a Scourge of the Snowpeaks champion (this is a new champion added specifically for this event), there is a chance it will drop a chest with a frozen key in it. Take that key to Flurry, located in the Hall of Heroes. He will transport you to the event.
    ROFLMAO!

+1 despite making me spray coffee all over my keyboard. A great true and accurate post with just the right amount of humor attached. Well done and thanks for cheering me up on what has been a pretty lousy day so far :P

Quote Originally Posted by Avocado View Post
    It's like people actively look for ways to not read stuff. I swear Ubisoft has made us all ADD with their huge go here arrows. There is a guide written by the devs about the event and it literally has all the info. This kind of post just baffles me.

I will add one thing that wasn't in the guide: before you try to enter the bonus event via Flurry, take your Frozen Key(s) out of your green ingredients bag and place it (them) in a regular inventory slot.

Otherwise, I was half expecting somebody to ask where the Hall of Heroes is located.

Community Manager

I will take a look at the copy. I did put in somewhere that this is all from the Hall of Heroes, but I will make sure that is more prominently mentioned in context. I will also add something about the keys going into your green Ingredients Bags as well, and that you need to take the keys out (for now at least) in order to turn it in to Flurry.

I am also open to other adjustments based on user experience, so lemme know.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I will take a look at the copy. I did put in somewhere that this is all from the Hall of Heroes, but I will make sure that is more prominently mentioned in context. I will also add something about the keys going into your green Ingredients Bags as well, and that you need to take the keys out (for now at least) in order to turn it in to Flurry.

What about if you do the slide in a party and enter after the buff is given. You don't receive the buff and actually need skates to do the "slide". Well in a non painfully slow slide down the course.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

have to have a subscription to directly access it without having to grind a dungeon 3 times
    to get it.

If you are a non-VIP who hasn't run anything except Korthos (or I suppose Casual) ever, then yeah, I guess you'll have to run something else more than once, I suppose, if you also can't find a group. But if you're a non-VIP who hasn't run anything except Korthos or Casual ever, then I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you're probably not going to care about the event anyway.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member dsmwhiteknight's Avatar

to get it.

It is not champions only. The coins and keys have a chance of dropping in any quest chest.

If you want to get in on higher difficulties, you can!
    You can join others who have hard or elite/reaper unlocked to get in immediately on those difficulties. I did not know that until I hit epics, so I feel your pain. Something that is even less well known is that most quests (not all) can be opened on elite or reaper by anyone in the party as long as someone has it unlocked on elite. The person that has it unlocked may need to be close by and sometimes it works better if they share the quest with you (or could be if you share the quest with them - it has been a long time since I have done this). This means you can have someone over level join and then once you are in they can drop from the party. As long as they do not enter the quest, they will not affect your xp.

If you want to farm champions:
    Champions have a chance of being a "Scourge of the Snowpeaks" champion. If this champion spawns, the chest it drops will only have coins and maybe a key. A Scourge champion appears to almost always drop a chest, unlike other champions. I have seen a few not drop a chest. It appears that a purple named "Scourge of the Snowpeaks" champion will always drop a key in the chest. It also appears that being over the adjusted level of the quest does not affect these chests dropping unlike other champion chests.

I hope that information helps you.
    Last edited by dsmwhiteknight; 01-14-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    ... [snip] ...
    The only other thing I noticed immediately was that the rewards list was sketchy on the descriptions of the Rubies. The generic description of "A rare and special augment for your gear" isn't enough to help folks decide whether to risk the coins on the unknown.

I guess I'd also like to see a means of trading up on coins: maybe 100 bronze for a gold, 50 bronze for a silver... something like that. After Day 1, I have 391 bronze coins and the only thing I can buy with these is random cookies... though it's also starting to look like my biggest need might be silver coins.

Oh here's a fun glitch... one of the hostages in Impossible Demands was a 'scourge of the snowpeaks' champion! Alas, I saved him, so Priestess Vicky didn't get the chest .

(p.s. -- it's nice to have a new event... I like it!)
    Last edited by alancarp; 01-14-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Other have corrected that but I will chime in to agree.
    Champions are NOT the only way to get coins and keys.

That said ...

If your not fighting champions, the chance of a coin or key in the average loot chest is small.

Other have corrected that but I will chime in to agree.
    Champions are NOT the only way to get coins and keys.

That said ...

If your not fighting champions, the chance of a coin or key in the average loot chest is small.
    Move that goal post some more now.

All you had to do was log on:

(Dungeon Master): An Eladrin named Flurry has been spotted in the Hall of Heroes, telling all who will listen about the Snowpeaks Festival. She promises thrills and plentiful rewards.
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 01-21-2021 at 09:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12