Community Member

Default Broken: Alchemist—Corrosive Dust, Animated Armor

While running Extraplanar Palace: Buying Time, I noticed that the Animated Armors were immune to the spell Corrosive Dust. While the word “Immune” would appear over their heads upon casting, nothing regarding success, failure, save &… appeared in the combat log. I’m fairly certain the incoming text was working properly, as other spells, SLAs, weapons &c… were displaying their appropriate feedback in the log.
    Last edited by Evean; 01-12-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Community Member

The most likely thing that's happening here is that the animated armors are flagged as something other than constructs. I've noticed armors in other quests that were healed by negative damage as if someone badly copy pasted the skeleton stats and left them flagged as undead.

Similar thing with the red musk zombies in thrall of the fungus lord, they're healed by negative energy as if they were undead instead of plants (they're correctly plants in the Druids deep chain) and thus are healed by negative but also immune to pale master negative bypass.... because they're plants for the purpose of that ability...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    The most likely thing that's happening here is that the animated armors are flagged as something other than constructs. I've noticed armors in other quests that were healed by negative damage as if someone badly copy pasted the skeleton stats and left them flagged as undead.

Similar thing with the red musk zombies in thrall of the fungus lord, they're healed by negative energy as if they were undead instead of plants (they're correctly plants in the Druids deep chain) and thus are healed by negative but also immune to pale master negative bypass.... because they're plants for the purpose of that ability...
    I agree. What I don’t understand is how is it possible—over the course of a decade—that no one has noticed, or fixed this? If I were SSG, and I were to set aside some time to fix this bug, I would stop, and re-allocate that time towards developing some sort of quality control process in an effort to prevent shameful mistakes like this from happening in the first place. As long as they’re frantically putting out fires, instead of asking themselves “Why am I always frantically putting out fires?,” they’ll forever be frantically putting out fires.

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    While running Extraplanar Palace: Buying Time, I noticed that the Animated Armors were immune to the spell Corrosive Dust.
    Yep! Those armors seem to have their rust vulnerability set to 0, when it should be set to match other Constructs. (They don't seem to have any traits of anything else, and are otherwise entirely Constructs). We'll get that fixed for a future patch.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Yep! Those armors seem to have their rust vulnerability set to 0, when it should be set to match other Constructs. (They don't seem to have any traits of anything else, and are otherwise entirely Constructs). We'll get that fixed for a future patch.
    Great response, and thank you.

Community Member

Could you also check the Animated Armours in "Spies in the House", please? I remember them having similar bugs.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    I agree. What I don’t understand is how is it possible—over the course of a decade—that no one has noticed, or fixed this?
    To be fair, how often are challenges run nowadays, and how many sources of rust damage do players have access to? Before alchemists, the only source I'm aware of was Insidious Spores from Primal Avatar, and I don't think anybody's ever actually used that seriously.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

is it wai that Frost Forged Defender heals from negative energy dmg?
    www.twitch.tv/albystreamin
    i believe that most classes are best to play with a tower shield and bastard sword.

Community Member

While you're at it, can you make the plant monsters in Thralls of the Fungus Lord not absorb negative energy?
    And make the Ex-Adventurers at the end of Amber Temple vampires? (they're typed as Humans that just happen to absorb negative energy, which is a problem for palemasters whose immunity bypass only works on undead)
    These two are the only monsters I know of that heal from negative energy and aren't undead.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    While you're at it, can you make the plant monsters in Thralls of the Fungus Lord not absorb negative energy?
    And make the Ex-Adventurers at the end of Amber Temple vampires? (they're typed as Humans that just happen to absorb negative energy, which is a problem for palemasters whose immunity bypass only works on undead)
    These two are the only monsters I know of that heal from negative energy and aren't undead.
    And also while you're at it, remove the cold immunity from fire beetles.

I can understand that a fire creature may be immune or resistant to fire, but no other fire creature in the game is resistant or immune to cold. Quite the opposite. It also doesn't follow lore on fire beetles.

Thanks.