Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toon15 View Post
    Will there be a way to gift other people expansion packs or DDO Points?

Now that there is no more "code" system in the DDO Market, there appears to be no way to gift other players DDO Points or packs or anything else. Hoping Cordovan addresses this here, or somewhere else on the forums, or perhaps during the Wednesday Lunch Livestream.

Just a simple message of "We are aware of the gifting issue and are working on an alternative." would be a good thing to know.

-Swivven
    Cannith server
    They already said they were working on it.... but they should have added this already when they removed the codes. Or not implement these changes yet until the alternative is finished. They are shooting themselves in the foot now by not making any way of gifting possible anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    As of today, we have updated the DDO Market functionality as follows:
    You will no longer need to redeem a code when making DDO Market purchases. Your purchase will be directly applied to your game account.
    Previously you had noted an option to purchase a gift code instead was a priority for the new store. Is this still correct and do you have even a quarterly target for this feature?

Any chance of adding a bundle at some heavy discount that mirrors what the DDOFREEQUESTS code provided - for people who missed that offer? (Had a friend join the game who thought they had applied it - forgot the last "S" and got an error but was so overloaded with a new game they didn't realize it didn't go through... sigh)
    Happy 14th DDO.

So....will people who used codes for previous starter pack, automatically get upgraded to include FVS and Dragonborn?
    - I recently bought 4 codes for my 4 family accounts at the same price as the new one; minus the races.

And why is my forum account coming up as BriinoMenaceBeta instead of just Briino?
    *It's been so long...I thought it was rouggar.
    I logged into this using my main account's email....

** my main account rouggar, has MenaceBeta STILL in my log in options within client and would like it removed
    Last edited by BriinoMenaceBeta; 01-11-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    As of today, we have updated the DDO Market functionality as follows:

• You will no longer need to redeem a code when making DDO Market purchases. Your purchase will be directly applied to your game account.
      • If you made a purchase in the DDO Market before Jan 11th, 2021 your redemption code is still valid and you should apply it in-game as usual.
      • The current Expansion offer is at the top, and older Expansion offers appear below that in a list. There is also a tab for “Special Offers” now.

At this time there are two new offers in the DDO Market:

• The DDO Expansion Trove, found under “Expansions”
    • A new version of the DDO Starter Bundle, found under “Special Offers”

We will continue to bring additional offers and specials to this updated version of the DDO Market in the future. Thanks for shopping in DDO Market!

Am i able to buy for someone?(gift)
    Darkzess - Sturdycaster (Retired Wiz) - Stormfists - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~I'm Back!~

You guys at SSG don't play this game, do you?
    "Mists of Ravenloft: Experience 12 Dungeon Quests, a Raid, a Wilderness Area, 2 new Public Areas".
    Really?
    2 public areas? 1 raid?
    LOL
    Khyber: Nimrud (caster), Tadko (tank), Yayamee (monk), Healingonly (melee FvS), Almeya (trapper), Groggor (barb), Feneya (monkcher), Zornix and some others
    Hardcore season 1: AveDarkLord (5k fav)

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Re gifting: We are looking into how we can bring back gifting. I don't have a time table to announce yet, but it is a thing on our radar. Will bring more info when we have more news about it.

Re previous starter pack: The old starter pack was a different offer so to get the dragonborn favored soul combo you would need to buy the new pack. Any perks from the old one won't double up (like if you had the cleric hireling from the old version it shouldn't force two clerics on you)

Re older xpack fancy editions: We are working on some newer offers that will provide ways for people to get some of the collector and ultimate goodies from the older expansions. That includes even some recombination into different types (like maybe people might like an "all universal trees" bundle or stuff like that, we're gonna find out!).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Re gifting: We are looking into how we can bring back gifting. I don't have a time table to announce yet, but it is a thing on our radar. Will bring more info when we have more news about it.

Re previous starter pack: The old starter pack was a different offer so to get the dragonborn favored soul combo you would need to buy the new pack. Any perks from the old one won't double up (like if you had the cleric hireling from the old version it shouldn't force two clerics on you)

Re older xpack fancy editions: We are working on some newer offers that will provide ways for people to get some of the collector and ultimate goodies from the older expansions. That includes even some recombination into different types (like maybe people might like an "all universal trees" bundle or stuff like that, we're gonna find out!).

Glad to see that the old starter pack is as is. New starter pack looks great too.

A gnome and deep gnome bundle would persuade me to buy. Or a Elf bundle h-elf, drow, wood elf bundle.

Community Member

Really need to make the gifting a high priority. I know several people who want to gift store items to others. If I know several then there are most likely more customers in game then you know. I would love to buy some of the added items from the expansion packs, like the dire bear for example. Some would love to upgrade old pack for the added items, like the bottle or sharn tickets.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Yes!

Yes please and thank you for a pack of "all universal tress"!

But after ability to gift

New phone, who dis
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Shame not a new lvl 3 gold hireling i have everything else but would have paid $10 for another perm hireling.

Nice to see my idea come to pass as it were (yes I know I was probably late to the party as always but still ).

I still think you missed a trick by not including Sharn in it and just leaving Feywild apart but that's my opinion.

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Previously you had noted an option to purchase a gift code instead was a priority for the new store
    Re gifting: We are looking into how we can bring back gifting. I don't have a time table to announce yet, but it is a thing on our radar.
    Priority != a thing on our radar

Community Member Retired_Old_Gamer's Avatar
    Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead

Don't care what you wrote.

HIYA TOLERO !!!!!! Happy Happy New Year

Community Member

The new starter pack should be a priority buy for all new players.

The one problem with the Expansion Trove that I can see is that it will create awkward holes in content for non-VIP players who purchase it. I would make a content pack that includes all non-expansion content for a single price and not too heavy a price at that, maybe $30 tops.

The marketing of the game has changed a lot over the last few years and it would make sense to let premium players buy all the DDOFreeQuests content minus the expansions at a buy once and be done with it price.

When I purchased the content as a premium player it was a lot easier to sort out what you needed and where the good buys were. The confusion now is largely due to some super packs and some not so valuable ones. It makes sense to bundle the good with the bad so that at some point in their play history newer premium players will actually venture into The Inspired Quarter (as an example.)

Community Member

Looks like another predictable fail by SSG's "marketing" team.

Honestly, what's it like to hamstring an entire sector of your sales? Up until now, I spent nearly as much on this game on others via coupon codes as I have on myself thru the ingame store, but now you rocketeering geniuses just managed to make all that income come to a crashing halt.

Great job!*

(*NOT!)

2014 DDO Players Council

"force"? The hireling is the best reason to buy the starter pack. And since both the old and new starter packs only give 1 hireling, not 1 per character, if I'm giving you cash twice, I absolutely want 2 copies of the hireling, so that 2 of my characters can use it.

EDIT: I see I was ninja'd by someone who feels the same:

Quote Originally Posted by axan22 View Post
    Shame not a new lvl 3 gold hireling i have everything else but would have paid $10 for another perm hireling.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    "force"? The hireling is the best reason to buy the starter pack. And since both the old and new starter packs only give 1 hireling, not 1 per character, if I'm giving you cash twice, I absolutely want 2 copies of the hireling, so that 2 of my characters can use it.

EDIT: I see I was ninja'd by someone who feels the same:
    Various Permanent gold seal hirelings is low hanging fruit and a lot of money left untapped into TBH. The fact that the majority of the ones that exist at this point are from higher tier expansion packs really is sad.. if there were various Level/monster typed etc Perm gold seal hirelings for sale I bet a lot of people would pony up cash for them.

NGL the only thing that tempted me into almost buying the higher tier expansions was the Perm hirelings but I just couldn't justify THAT much money just for a hire. But i'm willing to bet a significant number of those who did buy the top tiers did so for the hire as a major reason.
    Last edited by caberonia; 01-11-2021 at 04:44 PM.
    Sarlona- Fistalis, Caberonia, Kerlik, Mashbirs, Molleck, Burrthistle, Enlitened, Rotheril, Maginos, Urrock, Talathis- Scholars of Aureon

Community Member

Default Another Issue

One other issue with the new Market is the lack of time/subscription purchase. Through the in-game store, I can only update my subscription when my old one ends. This makes me a little nervous that my stuff or progress will be lost if I'm a little late on the click. I always like to update subscriptions a day or two in advance just to make sure and I could do that before. Now, not so much.

Community Member

... (like maybe people might like an "all universal trees" bundle or stuff like that, we're gonna find out!).
    I am very interested to hear your plans for finding out what we might want...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast