Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Possible:
    Adj
    able to be done; within the power or capacity of someone or something.

You didn't say you have no sources currently, you said no "possible" sources. Empty Bottle (and apparently Gold Breath) are both "possible" sources of bludgeoning damage for an Alchemist. Thus, your statement is implicitly wrong, as any Alchemist has the option to run Empty Bottle (a level 1 spell). Or for that matter picking up a greatclub and hitting things with it (and weird stuff like Tsunami), although stating that would take my statement from a "informative comment" directly to the realm of insulting your intelligence, which I had no reason of wanting to do.

If in your first post you'd said "I currently have no bludgeoning spells" etc I'd have said nothing, but I've seen plenty of occasions where people have an "oh!" moment, and it's really easy to miss details in this complex game of DDO. That's why people keep mentioning it. Also you've gotten hilariously enraged so I'm responding even though it's probably pointless
    In order for those spells or weapons to be possible sources of bludgeoning damage, I would need to have them memorized or on my person. If I don’t have those spells memorized, or any bludgeoning weapons, they can’t be possible sources. Your argument is based on semantic misinterpretation.

Regarding the section of your post I highlighted in bold, you’re asserting that anything I have not explicitly listed is a potential source. For example:

I also didn’t mention that I had ten levels of Cleric and was casting Cometfall.

I also didn’t mention that I had a maul.

I also didn’t mention that I had a hire.

I also didn’t mention that I traveled back in time and edited my files.

I also didn’t mention that I’m a pathological liar and I do have those spells memorized.

I also didn’t mention that I’m actually Neo from the Matrix…

Let me know if there’s anything I missed.
    Last edited by Evean; 01-11-2021 at 10:29 AM.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    You obviously missed something, since you seem to think that:

I have no possible source of bludgeon damage on this toon.
    Even though you yourself admit that is clearly false:

My combat log was full of records of me doing bludgeoning damage.
    Maybe you meant to say, "I don't know the source of my bludgeoning damage." That's how I had first interpreted it, and it seems plausible the people pointing out Empty Vial thought the same. But then you get all rude when people try to help you by suggesting possible sources for the bludgeoning damage which you clearly admit that do have.

If we guessed wrong, it's because you made a self-contradictory statement. Trying to express your self more clearly instead of lashing out at people trying to help you.

I also didn’t mention that I’m a pathological liar and I do have those spells memorized.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    You obviously missed something, since you seem to think that:

Even though you yourself admit that is clearly false:

Maybe you meant to say, "I don't know the source of my bludgeoning damage." That's how I had first interpreted it, and it seems plausible the people pointing out Empty Vial thought the same. But then you get all rude when people try to help you by suggesting possible sources for the bludgeoning damage which you clearly admit that do have.

If we guessed wrong, it's because you made a self-contradictory statement. Trying to express your self more clearly instead of lashing out at people trying to help you.
    Or… I’m correct, and there’s a bug. Whaaaaat? A bug in DDO?!?

You might be wrong” isn’t an argument.
    Last edited by Evean; 01-11-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

In order for those spells or weapons to be possible sources of bludgeoning damage, I would need to have them memorized or on my person. If I don’t have those spells memorized, or any bludgeoning weapons, they can’t be possible sources. Your argument is based on semantic misinterpretation.

Regarding the section of your post I highlighted in bold, you’re asserting that anything I have not explicitly listed is a potential source...

Or be unaware that some of your spells deal bludgeoning damage, which was more towards my point I was running with a brand-new FvS yesterday who thought AoV's T5 SLA Cometfall wasn't a damage spell, and was only using it for the knockdown.

Some things are far more reasonable options, like Alchemist spells, which is why I mentioned Empty Bottle and not, say greatclubs or Cleric 10 as a dip. Although I'm not going to knock your build, you do you

Here's a few things you missed:

Weapon types:
    • Light mace
    • Scepter
    • Club
    • Heavy mace
    • Morningstar
    • Quarterstaff
    • Light hammer
    • War hammer
    • Throwing hammer
    • Handwraps

Named Weapons:
    • Hallowed Splinters
    • Captain's Cutter
    • Ship-Siege Bow
    • Greatbow of the Scrag
    • Bow of the Silver Flame
    • Cutting Currency
    • Eviscerating Expenses
    • Volley, Arbalest of the Damned
    • Thundershot
    • Silver Slinger
    • Arc Ricochet
    • Legendary Syranian Shuriken
    • Whirling Words
    • Dumpster Fire
    • Glass Cannon
    • Strinati's Hand Cannon
    • sundry named throwing "darts"
    • Fire/Acid epic ToEE rapiers

Also AA Core 2 Morphic Arrows makes ALL bows deal bludgeoning damage when toggled on.

Probably a bunch more, those were just my cursory search.

Hope that helps!

An easier method would probably be looking at your combat log while in combat, but I'm down to keep guessing this is pretty fun!
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Only thing i notice is the rude tone, about the lazy copy and paste, i personally don't think a reply is deserved.

What's your class split, what level did you complete the challenge where you got immunity messages, and did you have the T5 Bombadier Weakning Mixture selected for poison?
    DPS solves all problems. R10 or bust. Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi

2014 DDO Players Council

You might be wrong” isn’t an argument.
    Maybe people trying to help you weren't trying to have an argument. I'm not sure why you'd want to pick a fight with people trying to be helpful by pointing out possible explanations to your situation. You could have just said, "No, I'm not using Empty Vial; I don't even have it loaded." if that was the case, instead of going off on a rant about people being trolls or not reading your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by axan22 View Post
    Only thing i notice is the rude tone, about the lazy copy and paste, i personally don't think a reply is deserved.
    Yet here you are…

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Or be unaware that some of your spells deal bludgeoning damage, which was more towards my point I was running with a brand-new FvS yesterday who thought AoV's T5 SLA Cometfall wasn't a damage spell, and was only using it for the knockdown.

Some things are far more reasonable options, like Alchemist spells, which is why I mentioned Empty Bottle and not, say greatclubs or Cleric 10 as a dip. Although I'm not going to knock your build, you do you

Here's a few things you missed:

Weapon types:
    • Light mace
    • Scepter
    • Club
    • Heavy mace
    • Morningstar
    • Quarterstaff
    • Light hammer
    • War hammer
    • Throwing hammer
    • Handwraps

Named Weapons:
    • Hallowed Splinters
    • Captain's Cutter
    • Ship-Siege Bow
    • Greatbow of the Scrag
    • Bow of the Silver Flame
    • Cutting Currency
    • Eviscerating Expenses
    • Volley, Arbalest of the Damned
    • Thundershot
    • Silver Slinger
    • Arc Ricochet
    • Legendary Syranian Shuriken
    • Whirling Words
    • Dumpster Fire
    • Glass Cannon
    • Strinati's Hand Cannon
    • sundry named throwing "darts"
    • Fire/Acid epic ToEE rapiers

Also AA Core 2 Morphic Arrows makes ALL bows deal bludgeoning damage when toggled on.

Probably a bunch more, those were just my cursory search.

Hope that helps!

An easier method would probably be looking at your combat log while in combat, but I'm down to keep guessing this is pretty fun!
    I also forgot to mention I made up a new language. Glib-glorb, spleek kleek.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

I also forgot to mention I made up a new language. Glib-glorb, spleek kleek.
    If you make a video with your combat log open I'd be happy to look through for you to try to identify what's causing your unexpected source of bludgeoning damage

Congratulations on your new language! Hopefully you can get the rules explained in a useful manner for others to understand. Or maybe if you highlight them in bold and red that'll work instead
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Regarding the section of your post I highlighted in bold, you’re asserting that anything I have not explicitly listed is a potential source. For example:

I also didn’t mention that I had ten levels of Cleric and was casting Cometfall.

I also didn’t mention that I had a maul.

I also didn’t mention that I had a hire.

I also didn’t mention that I traveled back in time and edited my files.

I also didn’t mention that I’m actually Neo from the Matrix…

let me point something out to you since you continue to be rude. you had a developer even respond to you. they answered the first question for you. the 2nd/third they can't answer because you failed to provide more information as they asked. so instead of telling people they can't read or speaking nonsense how about answer their question with MORE INFORMATION. screenshots or something. how is anyone suppose to know an answer to something they don't know. so how about tell us what you're using or casting.

i know that might be difficult to understand but were you casting multivials and getting bludgeon or golden breath, etc. were you a full alchemist or split. again info you failed to give. failed to give what spells you did use. not hard to know what you clicked then have log open to see, but what do i know. you assume people have an answer to your question which has very vague info. my log says this but i won't tell you what i did.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    let me point something out to you since you continue to be rude. you had a developer even respond to you. they answered the first question for you. the 2nd/third they can't answer because you failed to provide more information as they asked. so instead of telling people they can't read or speaking nonsense how about answer their question with MORE INFORMATION. screenshots or something. how is anyone suppose to know an answer to something they don't know. so how about tell us what you're using or casting.

i know that might be difficult to understand but were you casting multivials and getting bludgeon or golden breath, etc. were you a full alchemist or split. again info you failed to give. failed to give what spells you did use. not hard to know what you clicked then have log open to see, but what do i know. you assume people have an answer to your question which has very vague info. my log says this but i won't tell you what i did.
    Seriously this. OP is replying like everyone is an idiot, and everything they said is perfectly clear. While there have been some off base replies, a) people are curious to know, and b) people are curious to help, so taking offense is unwarranted.

As everyone has said, instead of telling us what it *can't* be - you say there are bludgeoning entries all through your log - why don't you go in the quest, cast x,y,z (possibly near or not near ramps) - possibly at mob x1,y1, and z1 - and tell us exactly what you cast at what, and what it says in the combat log ?

That would be the *super duper smart* thing to do now, wouldn't it?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by boredGamer View Post
    Seriously this. OP is replying like everyone is an idiot, and everything they said is perfectly clear. While there have been some off base replies, a) people are curious to know, and b) people are curious to help, so taking offense is unwarranted.

As everyone has said, instead of telling us what it *can't* be - you say there are bludgeoning entries all through your log - why don't you go in the quest, cast x,y,z (possibly near or not near ramps) - possibly at mob x1,y1, and z1 - and tell us exactly what you cast at what, and what it says in the combat log ?

That would be the *super duper smart* thing to do now, wouldn't it?
    You’re literally describing the most basic steps only a complete dullard wouldn’t have already gone through before posting. In essence, accusing me of being a lazy idiot without even the most basic grasp of simple deduction. Following which, you act surprised when you receive a short response?

Me: “I have no sources of bludgeoning damage.”

The Internet: “Durr, did you check to see if you have any sources of bludgeoning damage?

Community Manager

Too much insult slinging. Feel free to re-discuss the topic without it in a new thread.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12