Community Member

Default Woo Woo, Lightsaborz!

This is an alternative way to think about, play, build, and gear a melee that I use! I'll be laying out three example builds for this paradigm, this melee build, a ranged build, and a caster. Here is a different melee build of the same paradigm that can be adapted to a few classes and weapon styles.

This build is in final form now. I run across several problems in my DDO playing. One is a lack of appropriately difficult and engaging groups, since many players like to level in R1 and only play challenging high reaper dungeons at cap. This is the standard paradigm. A second problems is a lack of balance that allows a lot of builds to play effectively either leveling in R1 relative say to an arcane, or at cap in high reaper relative to whatever power builds are currently dominating due to the need to monetize an otherwise fantastic free game. Another problem is that I am an explorer, and I can't sit still on a build at cap. This conflicts with the way that progression is heavily focused on cap legendary play. And I need my character to progress, so I can explore new things.

So what I am trying to do is create more fun for myself. I'm trying to create a way to play a wider variety of builds and enjoy both progression, challenge, and exploration. If self-healing is neutered in high reaper, fine, I'll play a self-healing build in lower reaper. If a fun build I want to play like inquisitor is nerfed in high reaper, fine, I"ll play in lower reaper. If I'm level 20, and there are only EN dailies and R1 Lords of Dust groups in my level bracket, fine, I'll just apply to a group in a different level bracket and play there where there is appropriate challenge. Or I'll just start soloing legendary reaper at level 20 and make my own group as I play. Now I'm using a new build I'm exploring to illustrate this, because this is me killing multiple birds with one stone!

First, I need to start off with what this build isn't. This isn't a build to turn the whole room to ash in a few seconds with no cooldown. You will never do this, for example:

Now the reason you will never do that, is because of Dire Charge. You see, melee get such a large power bump at 29 that they have to be gimp 1-28 so it evens out. Now I have lobbied to get Dire Charge nerfed, which would open up melee power that could be distributed to lower levels, but instead of nerfing Dire Charge directly SSG just nuked helpless damage over and over to redistribute some of the power of Dire Charge. It is what it is, whatever. This lack of power 1-28 is why melee isn't considered a strong leveling build, to the point that a very un-fun standard paradigm developed where melee pike off of the uber arcane zerging R1 for 28 levels to get to fun dungeons at cap. Your level 15 melee non-crit damage will be less than 200 per hit including procs to a few mobs at a time:

No, what we are making is a charisma paladin that hits for less than 200 a hit non-crit at level 15. Paladins have high charisma synergy, and can get charisma to hit and damage from feydark illusionist, insightful to hit and damage and tactics from divine might, instant kill based on sunder DC and charisma with holy retribution, defend against effects with divine grace which gives charisma bonus to all saves, and even heal based on charisma bonus with lay on hands. So we are pumping our charisma up. You may need more strength based on the tome level you are at.

Now, hitting for less than 200 of course assumes you have best in slot, well, everything. Now the reason for having such a good 15 gear set is to carry other people 15-20, to balance out getting carried some 20-30. So, think of this as a Karma building set.

(right click to open pictures in new tab to make them bigger and more readable if you need)

So if we play normally side by side with equally geared and built arcane casters, they are just going to annihilate everything. Therefore, we shouldn't just play normally and level in R1 and do high reaper at cap paradigm. That's an arcane caster paradigm, and what arcanes are exactly suited to do. No, we need a new melee paradigm, and melees suck 1-28, so we are just going to have to wing it.

So I came up with is a new paradigm. We are going to start off as an iconic, so that we can start closer to 20, where we can enter legendary dungeons where progression iis rewarded. Now, there is lots of special things about level 20. First, while heroic quests are full of under level lockouts and power leveling penalties and various things to reign in how the game is played, at 20 it opens up a bit, and the power leveling penalties for grouping with higher level players goes away, as does the level lockouts, which means we can get to appropriately difficult dungeons regardless of what level that dungeon is. Now, leveling melee aren't all that, but even still, the appropriate difficulty for a well built level 20 melee character still turns out to be around Legendary R3 solo, R4-6 grouped.

So we are going to take our level 20 character, and walk directly into legendary reaper skipping all epic quest. Now legendary has many benefits, including:

1) Additional doubling of Reaper XP on top of additional multiplier for being a higher level dungeon
    2) Double Sentient XP for legendary level 29 items (versus 28) on top of additional value for being a higher level item
    3) Additional Sentient XP item drop rate due to expansion weapons (Morninglord, Nightmother, Ferrocrystal)
    4) Additional Sentient XP drop rate due to artifacts and crafting materials, including in sagas.
    5) Higher regular experience and saga experience.
    6) Appropriate challenge

Another important things this does is leave behind the terrible group experience of playing with uber casters zerging R1 epic Lords of Dust. You group in legendary midskull reaper where an uber caster won't join, because they are either level 29-30 and in R8-10, or because at levels 20-28 they can't follow and function because they are DC based, and legendary DCs require legendary gear. So we get more enjoyable grouping, appropriate difficulty, and better progression while being able to continuously reincarnate and explore new builds! Plus, even if we play the same build a few times, by doing the dungeons in different orders and at different power levels and ability sets we get different experiences to explore!

Now we might as well plan for this, and level 15-20 in heroic dungeons without legendary equivalents unless we need better heroic gear, Gianthold and Lordsmarch can get you some character bag space, but this plan doesn't have us leveling at all in House K quests, so we will need to trim our reincarnation cache down as needed. Now, we need a really kickass gear set and setup at level 20, so this is where I'm at. Stats will be a bit higher if you use a prowess potion and spell power potion from commendations, but I'm not sure if I'll make enough commendations for both and heart seeds from alts raiding to keep both up:

(right click to open pictures in new tab to make them bigger and more readable if you need)

Start at level 15 with KoTC with both cleaves and reconstruct SLA from BF. Replace a cleave with Confront any Foe twist in epics. Trim extra BF/VKF AP if needed.

About 4 out of 5 groups will not have a healer. To overcome the reaper 2/3rds self healing penalty we will need to triple stack multiple healing sources. Here we are using Renewal + Reconstruct SLA + paladin healing. A barbarian would use 3 of barb healing (OS) + Renewal + Consecrate+Sacred Ground + Cocoon. A rogue or fighter would use Renewal + Cocoon + Consecrate+Sacred Ground.

Melee also have a hard time with lag which is common now, where the game stops updating for periods of time. Sometimes mobs will seem to stop dealing damage to your character, but it really is just a lag issue, and server side they are still attacking. To better deal with this, keep chaining self-heals into and fighting as normal until lag ends. Maybe your character survives. Maybe not.

Here is gear I use at 20, I tried to make a set that will work for strength, dex, wisdom, or charisma for a variety of builds:

A few 21-26 upgrade items:

Legendary mobs such as red names in Sharn have around 180 or so fortification, more on some mobs, less on trash, which is why we built this way:
    25% Precision
    15% KoTC
    5% Guild
    5% Artifact Part of the Family Set
    12% Enhancement
    25% Twists
    25% Sentience
    5% Beats me, why are there so many types of the same stat in this game?
    ------------
    117% Fortification Bypass at 20

Enemy mobs have up to around 180 or so fortification bypass in legendary, so twist and craft additional fortification if you aren't a warforged or undead.

Here is a level 28 upgrade set, it has more fortification, so you can drop some out of bladeforged for other more strikethrough in bladeforged instead:

Here is a level 29 upgrade set, it has more fortification bypass on weapon, so you can drop some out twists for Martial Hymn + Sense Weakness + Confront Any Foe + Legendary Tactics to support Dire Charge OPness::

So we will take this or similar setup and level in legendary reaper at some difficulty grouped or solo to cap, finish a few legendary quests at cap we missed, and then reincarnate for first time bonuses. As such, the most important gear setup is level 20, and the second important gear set is level 15, with 29 being more or less irrelevant, since our 20 set is already good enough and is what is used to clear the majority of legendary reaper quests. For example, my testing with Pew Pew, Lazorz found that by the end of level 28 we are mostly done with good legendary reaper xp quests, with less then a dozen good quests remaining to do for first time bonuses and to cap with:

You can increase the amount of cap quests you have by running more raids as you level.

All our epic 20-29 quests we skip in epics, and do only in heroics for 15-19 leveling. We do Immortality Lessons Heroic Elite a few times per life for Heroism Augments. This maxes out favor with as few as possible repeat quests other than Immortality:

This paradigm is really good for getting your class + iconic past life with first time bonus xp, because it is able to harness all that legendary first time bonus xp as leveling xp. The normal paradigm of level up then do reaper xp at cap wastes all the regular legendary xp. This also works well leveling 1-30 for both a racial/class and epic past life, where you do 1-20 in quests without legendary versions, then level 20-30 in legendary for max favor. My inquisitor ended up with 400k total reaper xp and 2400 favor per iconic life, and I expect to get similiar on a melee.

Epic Past Life Feat Toggles: HAMP, Doublestrike, Ancient Power, Enchant Weapon
    Iconic Past Life: Bladeforged Repair Spell Power

If you find you aren't getting many kills, it is probably because your holy retribution is currently too low, due to a lack of tactics bonuses or charisma. Twist legendary tactics in replacing Dance of Flowers, and activate the tactics martial epic past life.

Anyways, this paradigm can be adapted to other builds that are either weak leveling such as other melee builds or that aren't top builds for high reaper, like a self-healing melee, or a shiradi missiles spell+ranged power build, or other lower dps builds that don't rely on DCs. You can adapt this for your own use by getting all your iconic and class past lives with tons of reaper and sentient xp at the same time. ESoS is by far the most powerful level 20 weapon in DDO, so I hope you have one,

Oh, last but not least, the reason we reincarnate when we have finished the quests we want is due to repeating quests at R8 at cap makes less than half of the RXP of leveling in quests first time R6. Repeating also doesn't earn any DDO points from favor. Plus, repeating quests at cap reinforces only doing the easiest legendary quests, in exactly the same way, with exactly the same character, which becomes boring. That's three strikes against the current paradigm for me.

I don't want to leave you with the idea that this build only groups, it can solo, and what you can do is start soloing R3 or so as people join your group and go from there. Here is one where I forgot to swap boots back from Tempest Spine solo.

If you can solo R3, you can contribute and group in low to low-midskull reaper, and in PUG legendary raids. Note that the difficulties are all relative to whatever power level your character currently has. For example, on my handwrap razorclaw lives I started with Epic Hard solo to EE grouped Feywild saga daily for a lot of levels for gear. I started EH a few lives ago, but as my understanding of melee under level soloing legendary goes up, and the gear set gets better, the difficulty goes up with it. However, you don't have to group, and can also start soloing some legendary raids at 20:

Bring Tensor's scrolls and cookies or other insightful strength gear:

Bring Haste Scrolls for puppies:

Happy Holidays! This alternative paradigm is my gift to you! I hope you can use it to find joy playing that weaker build you want! A self healing melee isn't a good leveling build compared to an arcane under the standard paradigm, and it isn't a good high reaper cap build due to the self-healing penalty, but it is solid in midskull reaper, and I enjoy it. Due to this alternative paradigm, my enjoyment is increased by being able to play it and still progress well on all fronts (RXP, SXP, Past Lives, Gear, Sentient Filigree, and DDO Points from favor). If you level starting with the level 30 legendary quests, then 31, then 32, it works out smoothly in R4 or so, R5 or so with a healer or at 28, and R6 at 29.

-T

Appendix

Bugs found while playing:
    1) After you craft an item you have to bank it and pull it out of the bank or relog or something to get it to have the proper durability and hardness.
    2&3) Neither the augment nor the imbue with shadowblade spellcasting implements your spell power augmented weapon.
    4) The warforged racial trait of immunity to paralysis doesn't work against spell ward paralysis or drow poison.
    5) Blessed purpose doesn't stack on reapers.

Edit 12/20 Updated AP spread innow that I played through most of the legendary quests in pugs, added some gear updates for 21-26, and a 28 gear set.

Edit 12/21 Added 29 set.
    I really, really tried to make a Feywild "hybrid" set, but Feywild isn't designed to make hybrids. It is designed to add 20% hp at a tradeoff of 35-50% healing spell power, or specifically to unmake hybrids and fit more builds to the "20% hp to survive, but can't also function as a hybrid healer" EDF paradigm. Feywild is good if you want to make a pure strength + some charisma dps character and turn your paladin into a fighter, but not very good if you actually want to make a paladin.
    Edit 12/22 fixed 29 gear set for 29 neck, shackles, and updated ESoS for sets at 29. Swapped 30 feat to quicken to help heal better. TY Jilsephe for finding errors!
    Edit 12/23 Added in notes that you can also do PUG legendary raids as you level.
    Edit 12/25 Added in notes that we are making a charisma paladin, and why we use tactics bonuses.
    Edit 12/27 Added in a caster build link.
    Edit 1/13 Revamped build, abandoned hope of dps setup due to population of healers in game.
    Edit 1/14 Added note on dealing with lag and a bug list
    Edit 1/16 Found out Sense Weakness works again, swapped up main hand weapon for more fortification bypass to free up twists for it at 29 with Dire Charge,
    Edit 1/17 Finished revamping 28 and 29 gear sets for Sense Weakness twist to replace existing fortification bypass twist.
    Edit 2/28 Linked in new build.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-26-2021 at 07:16 PM.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Y'all have some crazy numbers to me lol. So, my questions:

I have my Pally PL's already; are there any alternatives? Paladin is frankly OP right now, so I'm not sure how doable this is on other builds.

I'm short like 12 racial AP of you; is there anything I can cut? Weapon attachment and DA?

I don't have a SoS, let alone an ESoS. Can I use like a Borderlands sentient or something and get in the ballpark?

How do you get Observation to stack? Does the Diplomacy not have to hit any enemies or land at all? I thought usually Inquisitives used Diplomatic Impunity from the T5 to maintain stacks.

------

I've learned some nice stuff here but like I don't think I'll be running a BF Pally just to use this lol. I'm a lot too slow TRing to justify throwing a HPL, and Paladin's top meta currently for a reason lol.

Still, thanks for taking the time to make this post
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Y'all have some crazy numbers to me lol. So, my questions:

I have my Pally PL's already; are there any alternatives? Paladin is frankly OP right now, so I'm not sure how doable this is on other builds.

I'm short like 12 racial AP of you; is there anything I can cut? Weapon attachment and DA?

I don't have a SoS, let alone an ESoS. Can I use like a Borderlands sentient or something and get in the ballpark?

How do you get Observation to stack? Does the Diplomacy not have to hit any enemies or land at all? I thought usually Inquisitives used Diplomatic Impunity from the T5 to maintain stacks.
    Yea, build just determines difficulty you can run in and contribute. 14 Cleric (Holy Sword/Sylvanus) + 5 Barb + 1 (any iconic) has cleric instead of paladin healing/DM, and barb instead of paladin fort bypass. Fighter (many splits or pure), 20 barb (non-raged) or 20 Tempest also works. Anything with some plan on what you are going to do with it works. 20 Wiz works as well PM/EK, as would many builds. I had this plan to make an unraged FB barb, 15-20x5 with ESoS, 25% fortification bypass precision and 25% observation from diplomacy (also requires not bein raged) and 50% from falconry and 20% cracking attack on top of sentience/twists to just true strike legendary fortified mobs at 20. The more you do this, the better feel you get for what will work or not. That's the whole point of this paradigm, if a build isn't a strong R10 build at cap, we just won't play it in R10 at cap, we will do lower reaper instead as we level. However, this doesn't exclude playing strong builds at cap like charisma paladin under this paradigm as well.

You can cut the entire build, but it may help to keep in mind the fortification and gear and ED sections for whatever you do come up with.

RL weapons into Tail of the Scorpion or Sharn Syrianan weapons or other good weapons in heroics into KoTB into drow weapons works. Drow Maul of the Weapon Master seems like an alternative with Sylvanus. I used a KoTB weapon on inquisitor on prior build. I've also used a Cormyrian paralyzer Eveningstar challenge weapon for this paradigm.

Just use the diplomacy skill and extra copy of diplomacy on mobs. The stacks last 20 seconds, diplomacy cooldown is 15 seconds. Inquisitor also gives no-fail will saves, which is really nice when soloing legendary reaper.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 12-18-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Yea, build just determines difficulty you can run in and contribute. 14 Cleric (Holy Sword/Sylvanus) + 5 Barb + 1 (any iconic) has cleric instead of paladin healing/DM, and barb instead of paladin fort bypass. Fighter (many splits or pure), 20 barb (non-raged) or 20 Tempest also works. Anything with some plan on what you are going to do with it works. 20 Wiz works as well PM/EK, as would many builds. I had this plan to make an unraged FB barb, 15-20x5 with ESoS, 25% fortification bypass precision and 25% observation from diplomacy (also requires not bein raged) and 50% from falconry and 20% cracking attack on top of sentience/twists to just true strike legendary fortified mobs at 20. The more you do this, the better feel you get for what will work or not. That's the whole point of this paradigm, if a build isn't a strong R10 build at cap, we just won't play it in R10 at cap, we will do lower reaper instead as we level.

You can cut the entire build, but it may help to keep in mind the fortification and gear and ED sections for whatever you do come up with.

RL weapons into Tail of the Scorpion or Sharn Syrianan weapons or other good weapons in heroics into KoTB into drow weapons works. Drow Maul of the Weapon Master seems like an alternative with Sylvanus. I used a KoTB weapon on inquisitor on prior build. I've also used a Cormyrian paralyzer Eveningstar challenge weapon for this paradigm.

Just use the diplomacy skill and extra copy of diplomacy on mobs. The stacks last 20 seconds, diplomacy cooldown is 15 seconds.
    Fair, it's just a lot less generic than "like do Inquisitive and Harper and maybe some VKF and you're done" of the other build

I wonder what point it's worth trying for no-crit builds for leveling lol (like going for no-DC Meteor Swarms). With 140% bypass that you have an enemy with 180% Fort is still avoiding 40% of those, and you've made some significant tradeoffs to hit that much. I'm pretty ingrained in the Crit Profile + Bypass line myself, but now I'm wondering.

6/6 with Fighter & Barb could run ESoS w/Ravager + Kensei to have 14-20/x5, and Shattering Strike for another 15% Fort debuff. Once you're not raging Barbarian life gets interesting lol. One day I'll go for an ESoS, but probs not soon... maybe when the devs update Epic Crafting (given it was mentioned on the most recent livestream). Still, reading horror stories about ESoS farming doesn't make me eager.

I'm just not sure I can solo LR3 on a Silvanus split without much CC or defensive tools. I can have the DPS, just not the survivability and/or CC. Also Silvanus is only open to 4/8 Iconics

I do have a Drow Maul, but hasn't been worth swapping my sentient weapon back and forth for me. If I'm doing a lot 20-27 though could be worth it, I can throw a 5-slot into Tremor for 28-30.

I could probably do racials w/Paladin and just go 1-30, but that's quite a bit slower esp if skipping quests with epic component and given my generally slow leveling

Paralyzing is DC17 Will save, right? In what world does that land in Legendary Reaper? If it's for the 5% of roll-a-1 that seems pretty weak, no? Maybe for a high-ROF ranged toon but for a melee that seems dubious.

Alright, nice @Diplo. Wonder if that's worth it on my main lol, I only have 123% Fort Bypass standing currently.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Fair, it's just a lot less generic than "like do Inquisitive and Harper and maybe some VKF and you're done" of the other build

I wonder what point it's worth trying for no-crit builds for leveling lol (like going for no-DC Meteor Swarms). With 140% bypass that you have an enemy with 180% Fort is still avoiding 40% of those, and you've made some significant tradeoffs to hit that much. I'm pretty ingrained in the Crit Profile + Bypass line myself, but now I'm wondering.

6/6 with Fighter & Barb could run ESoS w/Ravager + Kensei to have 14-20/x5, and Shattering Strike for another 15% Fort debuff. Once you're not raging Barbarian life gets interesting lol. One day I'll go for an ESoS, but probs not soon... maybe when the devs update Epic Crafting (given it was mentioned on the most recent livestream). Still, reading horror stories about ESoS farming doesn't make me eager.

I'm just not sure I can solo LR3 on a Silvanus split without much CC or defensive tools. I can have the DPS, just not the survivability and/or CC. Also Silvanus is only open to 4/8 Iconics

I do have a Drow Maul, but hasn't been worth swapping my sentient weapon back and forth for me. If I'm doing a lot 20-27 though could be worth it, I can throw a 5-slot into Tremor for 28-30.

I could probably do racials w/Paladin and just go 1-30, but that's quite a bit slower esp if skipping quests with epic component and given my generally slow leveling

Paralyzing is DC17 Will save, right? In what world does that land in Legendary Reaper? If it's for the 5% of roll-a-1 that seems pretty weak, no? Maybe for a high-ROF ranged toon but for a melee that seems dubious.

Alright, nice @Diplo. Wonder if that's worth it on my main lol, I only have 123% Fort Bypass standing currently.
    I've played a shiradi meteor + missiles pure wizard in R6 +/- at cap. It was fine. Not a high reaper build, but fine. You only skip quests with legendary component, and only if you want to maximize favor by not repeating quests. Epic quests you do in heroics.

So paralyzing, yea, it was so good on inquisitor pre-nerf. I used to level in R8 groups and just lock everything down. Even THF if you are attacking 1.5x a second, at 50% doublestrike, it is 10% chance to lock a mob down, 3 second duration, so works out to around 30% damage reduction from whatever you are beating on.

I hear interesting things about color spray. Maybe try that out.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 12-18-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Community Member

A for comprehensive data

I am Awesomesauce!

Got +104 at lvl 15? Have no idea how you managed that with only a +12 acc ring. impressive! If the game allowed you to enter legendary quests at 15 you could land hits on those legendary mobs that I cant until 28 XD.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaviMOC View Post
    Got +104 at lvl 15? Have no idea how you managed that with only a +12 acc ring. impressive! If the game allowed you to enter legendary quests at 15 you could land hits on those legendary mobs that I cant until 28 XD.
    Not me, all SSG. They listened to feedback that grazing hits were the big melee DPS issue and raised to-hit in KoTC tree, in paladin spells, in epic and iconic past life stances, and by allowing paladins to use their main DC stat to hit instead of offstat strength. As a result, a level 15 paladin now has the to-hit for legendary, and a 20 paladin solos legendary reaper.

FotW is a pipe dream, not enough tanks and healers in game to make playing as a melee dps work. I should revamp build to have 6 second reconstruct sla and defensive stance to boost self-healing and tanking, and just make it for US or DC.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 12-20-2020 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Not me, all SSG. They listened to feedback that grazing hits were the big melee DPS issue and raised to-hit in KoTC tree, in paladin spells, in epic and iconic past life stances, and by allowing paladins to use their main DC stat to hit instead of offstat strength. As a result, a level 15 paladin now has the to-hit for legendary, and a 20 paladin solos legendary reaper.

FotW is a pipe dream, not enough tanks and healers in game to make playing as a melee dps work. I should revamp build to have 6 second reconstruct sla and defensive stance to boost self-healing and tanking, and just make it for US or DC.
    Yeah! Long time I dont play any pally or look at it . After seeing yours I've digged it a bit and saw what you said there. Im too used to my grazing barbarian. What do you think about an adaptation of this build on a FvS without pally's base bab and koTC but cha to hit + divine might? Does it gets any close ?
    Last edited by DaviMOC; 12-20-2020 at 06:47 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaviMOC View Post
    What do you think about an adaptation of this build on a FvS without pally's base bab and koTC but cha to hit + divine might? Does it gets any close ?
    I don't know how FvS melee is outside of heroics. They have full BaB and bonus in there tree and spells, so it should be ok. Probably be in middle between the handwrap barb lives I played and this.

Updated AP spread in OP now that I played through most of the legendary quests in pugs, added some gear updates for 21-26, and a 28 gear set. One of the reasons I played this build was to see if I can get a feywild set that works. Gota find a use for Feywild gear at least once on someone.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 12-20-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Community Member

Default Paladin Sample level 10 gear set

For those leveling from 1: Heere is an old level 10 gear set I used to use for soundburst paladin leveling two years ago. You will want to adapt the goggles to illusion instead for color spray, once it works properly and actually has a save. Also swap gloves to insightful devotion from insightful strength, since we are making a charisma attack/dmg paladin.

Simplified setup: dump inquisitor and only have intimidate. Dump smite/exalted smite and use Confront Any Foe to activate smite effects instead. Dump Vigor of Battle and only use Stand Against the Tide for trip immunity. Since this gives threat from defensive stance, dump rez scrolls and use US Rez to not have to swap weapons with less threat from Unyielding. Drops us down to 4 active toolbars with a half dozen empty spots.

Last edited by Tilomere; 12-22-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Community Member

Default Melee parallel solos 85% of the time, trinity groups 15% of the time.

I've been thinking about both polishing this build and branching out to barbarian and other classes. The game population doesn't support melee players. In the iconic leveling range of 15-30, there are 5 potential healing clerics per 160 players (removing the splashed arti ranged ones and other odd splashes), and about the same amount of FvS, for 10 potential healers. About 4 of those 10 are melee or ranged, leaving about 6 healers per 160 players, or 1 per 5.3 groups of 5.

What this means is that when I polish this build, it will be to enhance it's self healing, like swapping the level 20 helm out for a pansophic and tweaking the iconic stance to repair spell power to better parallel solo. It also indicates that it doesn't matter what you branch out to, you have to design it to be able to parallel solo.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 01-08-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Community Member

Updated skills/gear/PL Trances/AP/ED/feat order to parallel solo better with more self healing. Updated AP to be simpler to play and to parallel solo better. Added a few more 20 gear DR breakers in and 21 cloak upgrade. Updated soloing at 20 to include legendary raids for threads,

I've been looking at the game population periodically, and I keep seeing 1 healer per 5 groups. Decided self-healing through the reaper penalty is a requirement if you want to play in melee, and updated OP to show how to triple up on healing abilities to do so on a mix of classes.

For those without sentient weapons, here is a good map to get SXP.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 01-17-2021 at 02:07 PM.