Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Festivult Has Arrived!

The season of Festivult is now underway with Copper, Silver, and Gold coins appearing randomly in chests! Here is the current schedule, and an important note about future events:

Festivult Coins begin to appear: Thursday, December 3rd
    Jester of Festivult arrives: Wednesday, December 9th (late morning Eastern)
    Festivult Coins stop appearing: Wednesday, January 6th
    Jester of Festivult: available through Wednesday, January 13th, 2021

Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival:

Begins: Wednesday, December 9th (late morning Eastern)
    Ends: Available through Tuesday, January 5th (ending the morning of January 6th)

Early next year we will be debuting a new winter event! This will be your last chance to take part in the Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival, called the DDO Winter Games. These events could return in some capacity in the future, but this will be your final opportunity to play them as part of a regular seasonal event. The rewards from these festivals will also be brought into the new winter event, minus the current recipes and related crafting ingredients, which will no longer be used. We'll have more to say in the future, but we want to make sure that you get one last chance to run Risia and Midwinter.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Good to know! Keeping my fingers crossed I'll love the new festivult as much as the old one.
    Sincerely, Zorrbeania

Guardiest guarder of guard-dom Yokido's Avatar

Thanks Cordo & Team for the informative update! :-)

I'm looking forward to the new event, and I look forward to any new named items/effects you might've come up with.

so crafting is going to be reworked...lol
    sure, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Early next year we will be debuting a new winter event! This will be your last chance to take part in the Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival, called the DDO Winter Games. These events could return in some capacity in the future, but this will be your final opportunity to play them as part of a regular seasonal event. The rewards from these festivals will also be brought into the new winter event, minus the current recipes and related crafting ingredients, which will no longer be used. We'll have more to say in the future, but we want to make sure that you get one last chance to run Risia and Midwinter.
    hi cordovan, what will become of the Official Risia Ice Games Ice Skates from the ddo store?

will ice skating be a part of the new winter event debuting in January?

if not, is there a way that we can trade them in for a new item to be used for this new scourge of the snowpeaks winter event? I know you said that the risia ice games and midwinter festival might come back in the future, but I am not optimistic on that. I am going to miss them.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    so crafting is going to be reworked...lol
    sure, why not.
    No, the Risia crafting is going to be reworked/eliminated, not crafting as a whole. I'm guessing it'll be more of a direct application rather than having to collect all the Glaciation and Resist and Icy Burst recipes, or possibly you'll be able to buy the recipes with the motes rather than having to get lucky.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Early next year we will be debuting a new winter event!
    I hope this will involve some skating or other non-standard (standard I mean killing mobs etc.) mechanics.
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

I hope they keep those kewl jumps in the harbor

plse make sure new event is not Abundant Step Farming Jumping
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

ALL I really care about is... will we still have snow in the Harbor? And will the snowing atmospheric effect still follow us to other public zones? ...and will Eveningstar still get snowbank and snowmen décor?

Actually I'd rather see both everywhere but its probably too much to ask DDO to have ALL public zones be decorated with snow, snowmen, and have the snowing effect.

This really did make the winter holidays special in-game.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    ALL I really care about is... will we still have snow in the Harbor?
    Agreed 100%.
    The snowy look is my absolute favorite thing in this game, has been since it's inception, and really the only event I look forward to as a result. I haven't done the actual jumps in years - but I often find myself just wandering about looking at the snow while it's falling. Please keep it.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    ALL I really care about is... will we still have snow in the Harbor? And will the snowing atmospheric effect still follow us to other public zones? ...and will Eveningstar still get snowbank and snowmen décor?

Actually I'd rather see both everywhere but its probably too much to ask DDO to have ALL public zones be decorated with snow, snowmen, and have the snowing effect.

This really did make the winter holidays special in-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Agreed 100%.
    The snowy look is my absolute favorite thing in this game, has been since it's inception, and really the only event I look forward to as a result. I haven't done the actual jumps in years - but I often find myself just wandering about looking at the snow while it's falling. Please keep it.
    Yarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Time to scrounge through all the alts for soon-to-be-obsolete ingredients again.

Change is inevitable, granted. Major changes like this for altoholics can be a real bummer unless there's a trade-in option for the obsolete ingredients. (Also for folks on break who miss the warning/news)

Souvenirs from the last major change...

Oh, and yeah - keep the snow. Any snow I don't have to drive in or shovel is great snow!
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Talking Crystal Cove?

Any chance we could still get some more Crystal Cove? Please.

Community Member

Default Cordovan did promise it'd be back

Quote Originally Posted by Lens View Post
    I've been waiting patiently as well. Cordovan did promise it'd be back for a longer duration back on 09-17-2020:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...91#post6360991

Since it was so close to the start of The Night Revels, I assumed it'd be immediately after... was really planning on running the heck out of it this year. But, with Festivult starting, not sure if his longer duration promise is still going to hit this year.

Let's hope it gets turned on prior to the Ice Games starting though, or the next Winter event. Festivult and Cove won't be a major performance hit on the servers, but the Ice Games and anything else will be painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrost View Post
    Cordovan did promise it'd be back for a longer duration back on 09-17-2020
    Actually we supposed to have lot more of non-static-date event iterations during the year:
    - crystal cove supposed to be twice a year (like it was in 2011-2016)
    - mimic hunt supposed to be more common than twice a year (I remember this statement on one of the streams in 2018, and there were 3 iterations in 2018, and then just once a year...)
    - festival of the traveller - well this one got rusty so may need a revamp
    - DeGenev Brothers - even more rusty

The good thing that ricia/midwindter games got a replacement (revamp?) so we hope for a more up-to-date rewards, but I hope they won't replace skating with some mob hunt or else...
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

I hope we keep the white wolves with the antlers and red noses. I love seeing them every year during the holiday season.
    Tequira Sunrise ~ Josielynne ~ Dawnalynn ~ Litzy so Ditzy

Ghallanda: Live and Make Die

Quote Originally Posted by Lens View Post
    Yes, more Crystal Cove. It's getting so short and infrequent that it feels like just a tease.

Even more, I wish ALL, ALL, ALL event cash-ins were made in a separate place. That might decrease lag as people are contemplating their purchases while others are still trying to play. I wish the site for cashing in stayed permanently. The point of the event should be to earn while you can. This whole "Surprise. It's over. Maybe you'll want to store all those earnings" is simply awful. So is rushing to try to make purchases when you aren't surprised. If the event is on, get out and play.

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    No, the Risia crafting is going to be reworked/eliminated, not crafting as a whole. I'm guessing it'll be more of a direct application rather than having to collect all the Glaciation and Resist and Icy Burst recipes, or possibly you'll be able to buy the recipes with the motes rather than having to get lucky.
    Err i got a whole bunch of random gear waiting to burst it...

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

The season of Festivult is now underway with Copper, Silver, and Gold coins appearing randomly in chests! Here is the current schedule, and an important note about future events:

Festivult Coins begin to appear: Thursday, December 3rd
    Jester of Festivult arrives: Wednesday, December 9th (late morning Eastern)
    Festivult Coins stop appearing: Wednesday, January 6th
    Jester of Festivult: available through Wednesday, January 13th, 2021

Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival:

Begins: Wednesday, December 9th (late morning Eastern)
    Ends: Available through Tuesday, January 5th (ending the morning of January 6th)

Having the turn-in last longer than the rest of the event is great and I hope someday you'll make other events look like that.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Err i got a whole bunch of random gear waiting to burst it...
    What random gear is currently exciting to wear?

I think I must have missed something (unless it's an ML1 repeating vorpal crossbow)
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast