Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Best Epic Bastard sword for Paladin

Hi all. My daughter's Paladin is at level 25 (Vanguard/Unyeilding). She is FTP (but did enter the freequests code). I additionally have Feywild, Underdark and Shadowfell. Are there any good Bastards we should target? She's still using the heroic Bloodletter and random loot swords. We are casual players but willing to repeat some quests for loot.

Community Member

I use this one from lvl21 to 29: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Cutting_Currency

It can be found in Another Man's Treasure in the Twelve

Much easier to get and probably just as good is a weapon from Keep on the Borderlands.

Quote Originally Posted by thedip View Post
    I use this one from lvl21 to 29: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Cutting_Currency

It can be found in Another Man's Treasure in the Twelve
    But why would someone as virtuous as a paladin take "another man's treasure"?

maybe Epic Spinal Tap would be a better choice?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Hi all. My daughter's Paladin is at level 25 (Vanguard/Unyeilding). She is FTP (but did enter the freequests code). I additionally have Feywild, Underdark and Shadowfell. Are there any good Bastards we should target? She's still using the heroic Bloodletter and random loot swords. We are casual players but willing to repeat some quests for loot.
    In feywild you get tokens for weapons. Turn 20 in for a nice bastardsword at lvl 29. Easy and really good weapon.

With access to the menace of the underdark quests (2nd chain, the drow city ones) or keep an eye on the auction house, look out for the drow bastard sword of the weapon master, that has expanded damage & threat & is a very solid option.

Thunderforged can be effective too, the base item is unbound so it's transferable & I think the first tier upgrade remains unbound too but can't remember for certain right now, but that'll cost more resources to make.

Once she gets higher you can try for legendary wave of despair, but that's bound to account so might require some farming, still it's transferable in the chest at least which can help.

If you're on Thelanis PM me & I'll see if I can send you something useful.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Epic Spinal Tap would also be a very good choice for anything that bleeds.

I would also suggest spending points in Fey Dark Illusionist tree to get "Illusory Weaponry." ( Requires Magical Training Feat ).

It makes the weapon material "Force" for any weapon you cast it on so that oozes,slimes and rust monsters do no item damage.
    At all to the weapon. Also in casual to hard difficulty if she put points into charisma the "Greater Color Spray" ( requires 10 points spent in that tree ) SLA will immobilize
    and blind most every non boss enemy she casts it on in a cone in front of her ( And make them helpless thus every hit has increased damage )
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

Community Member

Good recommendations. I try for Cutting Currency once in a while-no luck. I just read Borderlands has a crafting/trade in guy-might be good. Are the Ferrocrystals BTA? If so, she doesn't have the adv pack. For Spinal Tap - are those Elemental Evil quests pretty cumbersome? I've never tried them. We're on Orien - the Drow Bastard has been prohibitively expensive on auction but I'll keep looking.
    Thanks all. You guys/gals are fantastic!

I am using the drow bastard sword I was lucky someone sold in ah and it's stunning +10 too
    Social justice w...arlock in Sarlona, leader of Scourge of Xaos.
    OkarisRage, Barbarian doing racial past lives
    Okarinios Orgismenos: Hardcore Occult meatbag

I like the Drow weapon master one for a few levels(crit and combat mastery) and then at 29 you can get the free weapon after doing into the mists
    Mechanics - To Hit/Dam mods

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

My go-to weapon for around that level is to do rare encounters in Thunderholme and make a Thunder-forged weapon and upgrade it to Tier 1 with 1st Degree Burns. To make it you need 80 Dwarven Ingots and 60 Commendations of Valor. Has a cool look too which is a plus.

Edit: Also, it binds to character on equip, so you can farm for it yourself and gift it to your daughter. If you upgrade it any further than Tier 1 it binds on acquire.

Last edited by Hipparan; 11-25-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Get the Ravenloft expansion.

Then she'll have the ability to get Divinity, the Morninglord's Goal.

The rest of the Ravenloft loot is pretty awesome, too.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

I'm from Orien. Send a tell to Fyord and i will help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    But why would someone as virtuous as a paladin take "another man's treasure"?

maybe Epic Spinal Tap would be a better choice?

This would be my choice too (and it is in game).

If you want I can help you to farm ESpinal Tap, send me a PM.
    Last edited by kanordog; 11-25-2020 at 01:13 PM.
    Sniffing dwarf clerics for over eight years...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Good recommendations. *Snip*she doesn't have the adv pack. For Spinal Tap - are those Elemental Evil quests pretty cumbersome? I've never tried them. We're on Orien - the Drow Bastard has been prohibitively expensive on auction but I'll keep looking.
    Thanks all. You guys/gals are fantastic!
    Wasn't "Temple of Elemental Evil" included with the free quests?

TOEE is kinda cumbersome but also if you merely play for fun then the quests is quite long and enjoyable the first couple of times you run it.
    and it acts as a slayer area. The more you kill the more xp you get for the quest at the time the kill count numbers are reached ( like a slayer area.)
    It also has the chance for 14 rare spawns each with a chance to drop the Spinal Tap Bastard Sword. ( I guaranteed chest in part 2 is easily farmable )

Furthermore it acts like a "repeatable" slayer area with kill counts, explorer points ( Will's commentaries ) and rares.

(Optional) Find all of the Part One Audio Commentaries — Bonus (35%): Heroic Epic
    (Optional) Defeat 10 enemies in the Temple — Bonus (2%): Heroic Epic
    (Optional) Defeat 25 total enemies in the Temple — Bonus (6%): Heroic Epic
    (Optional) Defeat 50 total enemies in the Temple — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
    (Optional) Defeat 100 total enemies in the Temple — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
    (Optional) Defeat 200 total enemies in the Temple — Bonus (50%): Heroic Epic
    (Optional) Defeat 400 total enemies in the Temple — Bonus (100%): Heroic Epic
    (Optional) Defeat 750 total enemies in the Temple — Bonus (200%): Heroic Epic
    (Optional) Defeat 1500 total enemies in the Temple — Bonus (300%): Heroic Epic
    (Optional) Defeat 3000 total enemies in the Temple — Bonus (350%): Heroic Epic

Alot of people hate it because of the poor xp/min but as far a a dungeon crawl it has a great story. And the little tidbits of Wil Wheaton's life in regards to growing up playing D&D are sort of entertaining.
    Last edited by Noir; 11-25-2020 at 02:10 PM.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

Toee is a fun casual romp, but I'd never recommend anyone, especially a casual player, to farm it for a specific named item. Unless you've got ungodly luck, it's one of the worst farms in the game.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

OP,

You're in luck!

The Ravenloft expansion just went on sale for 50% off.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...s!#post6382253

Get it while you can.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

With Ravenloft and Borderlands you don't really need to worry about weapons. Level 10 free RL weapon -> level 20 Borderlands weapon -> level 29 free RL weapon. And then the raid sword is the dream.

Ravenloft has a very easy way to acquire good ml10 and ml29 weapons. It is also very atmospheric pack. Moody, spooky, dark themes. Ghosts of dead children, human meat pies...
    Is a good suggestion, but there's a chance you have to consider if it's suitable for your child.

First Blood from Shadowfell has a cool look if your daughter is into black metal winged skull aestethics (chuckle chuckle)
    Arlandina / Bayanessa / Smallsword of Argonnessen

Community Member

I just want to mention a sort-of alternative. Sun Blade, Star of Day, and Celestia all behave like bastard swords and let you hit multiple enemies with strikethrough. The downside is that they work off Improved Critical Piercing.
    I don't know if Echo of the Sunsword also lets you hit multiple enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast