Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    155

    Default Feywild waterfall

    Has anyone else noticed you can't get to the top of the waterfall to jump down to the swamp. I used to be able to do so, but not in the last few days.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Feywild landscape
    An area in the Feywild landscape that is intended to be difficult to reach is now actually difficult to reach.
    Some small updates and tweaks have been made to the Feywild landscape.
    From the patch notes this last week. It bums me out that the short cut through the waterfall is no longer available as a result.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    From the patch notes this last week. It bums me out that the short cut through the waterfall is no longer available as a result.
    "intended to be difficult to reach" apparently now means "spend an extra 30 seconds going through the pixie village".

    This is such a pointless change, and shouldn't have been anywhere near the top of their list of priorities when needle in a feystack still bugs out a quarter of the time even after their "fix".

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    196

    Default

    You can still do it, but the method of getting around the artificial blockade means the time saved is slim at best. I do question why there are decorative assets and enemies on top of the plateus either side of the blocked river if devs don't intend for anyone to get up there.

    I also echo the sentiment that dev time would seem far better spent on things that negatively impact gameplay than placing invisible walls to impose unintuitive restrictions on where players can move. I can only imagine that a dev spent a lot of time working on the path up the waterfall to the explorer from the swamp and realised no one was using it.

  5. #5
    Community Member shores11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    "intended to be difficult to reach" apparently now means "spend an extra 30 seconds going through the pixie village".

    This is such a pointless change, and shouldn't have been anywhere near the top of their list of priorities when needle in a feystack still bugs out a quarter of the time even after their "fix".
    As the developers stated this was not a change as it was never intended to work the way it did. When they patched (48.1) they just corrected it.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

  6. #6
    Community Member Yamani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the states
    Posts
    1,525

    Default

    Well this will get it fixed but, you can swim under the the blockades to get to the swamp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

  7. #7
    Community Member Josielynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Codect View Post
    You can still do it, but the method of getting around the artificial blockade means the time saved is slim at best. I do question why there are decorative assets and enemies on top of the plateus either side of the blocked river if devs don't intend for anyone to get up there...
    There is a way to get up there, as intended, but it's not obvious. *whispers* When looking at the waterfall from the bottom, explore the area the right. There is a way up.
    Tequira Sunrise ~ Josielynne ~ Dawnalynn ~ Litzy so Ditzy

    Ghallanda: Live and Make Die

  8. #8
    Senior Developer Knockback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suggestion View Post
    Has anyone else noticed you can't get to the top of the waterfall to jump down to the swamp. I used to be able to do so, but not in the last few days.
    There is a way up to the top of the waterfall from the bottom, which will be a little more obvious if you've played Immortality Lessons (or found the locked rogue chest area in The Thornwright.)

    .... There is also (still) a way to "shoot the falls" from the side where you enter the landscape/talk to the Prince of Frost to enter Immortality Lessons. But those accustomed to doing it the old way will have to go a little deeper.

  9. #9
    The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    LrdSlvrhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    2,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Codect View Post
    You can still do it, but the method of getting around the artificial blockade means the time saved is slim at best. I do question why there are decorative assets and enemies on top of the plateus either side of the blocked river if devs don't intend for anyone to get up there.
    You can still access those areas. I'm pretty sure the "difficult to reach" area was a "behind the scene" spot where you could get out of the map... although TBH I haven't tried again since the patch.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

  10. #10
    Community Member kamimitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    location, location.
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knockback View Post
    There is a way up to the top of the waterfall from the bottom, which will be a little more obvious if you've played Immortality Lessons (or found the locked rogue chest area in The Thornwright.)

    .... There is also (still) a way to "shoot the falls" from the side where you enter the landscape/talk to the Prince of Frost to enter Immortality Lessons. But those accustomed to doing it the old way will have to go a little deeper.
    Beware, as this route has a least one stuck spot (as I found yesterday, to my consternation).
    Shiz - Ghallanda
    Shizmonkey (OG Grand Poo-Bah of R.O.G.U.E. 1st edition) and other various ShizAlts
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Quatre

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    "intended to be difficult to reach" apparently now means "spend an extra 30 seconds going through the pixie village".

    This is such a pointless change, and shouldn't have been anywhere near the top of their list of priorities when needle in a feystack still bugs out a quarter of the time even after their "fix".
    obligatory "devs don't have a single master list that every single devs all work on with the same priority at all times". There are teams of people with different skillsets. Person A who does map layout may not have the knowhow or technical skill to address quest logic bugs - do you really want art team person fixing UI code??

    Seriously folks, this kinda of dumb mantra just makes communities look silly. Same as calling every single thing a "nerf" and singling out devs by name to complain as if that individual person has it out for you, it doesn't help the game.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    You can still access those areas. I'm pretty sure the "difficult to reach" area was a "behind the scene" spot where you could get out of the map... although TBH I haven't tried again since the patch.
    No there was clearly an invisible wall added at the top of the waterfall. There are branches and stuff that weren't there when feywild came out but they aren't actually physically blocking you, just the invisible wall

    @losian2 when your company releases a car whose airbags explode, engines catch fire, and brakes fail randomly, you don't have people on your team removing bumper stickers from the cars that get sent in for repairs. Get everyone working on fixing stuff.
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack

    Hardcore bozos - Koganei, Hoid

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    9

    Default

    You can still go from immortality lessons to the underwater quest (locket something), through the waterfall. Knockback even tells you how to in this thread if you pay enough attention, so dont be too concerned

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by losian2 View Post
    obligatory "devs don't have a single master list that every single devs all work on with the same priority at all times". There are teams of people with different skillsets. Person A who does map layout may not have the knowhow or technical skill to address quest logic bugs - do you really want art team person fixing UI code??

    Seriously folks, this kinda of dumb mantra just makes communities look silly. Same as calling every single thing a "nerf" and singling out devs by name to complain as if that individual person has it out for you, it doesn't help the game.
    Way to miss the point.

  15. #15
    Community Member shmagmhar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    111

    Talking

    jumping off the water fall was fun please change it back

  16. #16
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    27,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    .... clearly an invisible wall .....
    Just had to stop and point that^ out.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  17. #17
    The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    LrdSlvrhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    2,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    No there was clearly an invisible wall added at the top of the waterfall. There are branches and stuff that weren't there when feywild came out but they aren't actually physically blocking you, just the invisible wall
    Well, I dunno what to tell you, I got up to the gazebo with the saytrs post-patch, and then I went across to the other side of it.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    No there was clearly an invisible wall added at the top of the waterfall. There are branches and stuff that weren't there when feywild came out but they aren't actually physically blocking you, just the invisible wall

    @losian2 when your company releases a car whose airbags explode, engines catch fire, and brakes fail randomly, you don't have people on your team removing bumper stickers from the cars that get sent in for repairs. Get everyone working on fixing stuff.

    I was able to get through the top of the waterfall. It just took a little more effort. I think they *want* you to climb up from the bottom, but they have purposefully made it slightly trickier to get down from the top.
    Jolyma, Cannedjoly, Jolymassoul, Internetmyth on Argonessen

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    539

    Default

    I don't get why people keep talking about climbing up from the bottom, when the top of the waterfall is near the entrance. Is everyone just talking about climbing vines to get to the explorer? Yeah that's really not the concern here...
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack

    Hardcore bozos - Koganei, Hoid

  20. #20
    Community Member Kelledren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Ha I never realized you could climb up from the bottom. You can still get through the logs and invisible wall by the waterfall by swimming under... definitely harder to do now though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload