Community Member

Default Feywild waterfall

Has anyone else noticed you can't get to the top of the waterfall to jump down to the swamp. I used to be able to do so, but not in the last few days.

Community Member

Feywild landscape
    An area in the Feywild landscape that is intended to be difficult to reach is now actually difficult to reach.
    Some small updates and tweaks have been made to the Feywild landscape.
    From the patch notes this last week. It bums me out that the short cut through the waterfall is no longer available as a result.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    From the patch notes this last week. It bums me out that the short cut through the waterfall is no longer available as a result.
    "intended to be difficult to reach" apparently now means "spend an extra 30 seconds going through the pixie village".

This is such a pointless change, and shouldn't have been anywhere near the top of their list of priorities when needle in a feystack still bugs out a quarter of the time even after their "fix".

Community Member

You can still do it, but the method of getting around the artificial blockade means the time saved is slim at best. I do question why there are decorative assets and enemies on top of the plateus either side of the blocked river if devs don't intend for anyone to get up there.

I also echo the sentiment that dev time would seem far better spent on things that negatively impact gameplay than placing invisible walls to impose unintuitive restrictions on where players can move. I can only imagine that a dev spent a lot of time working on the path up the waterfall to the explorer from the swamp and realised no one was using it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    "intended to be difficult to reach" apparently now means "spend an extra 30 seconds going through the pixie village".

This is such a pointless change, and shouldn't have been anywhere near the top of their list of priorities when needle in a feystack still bugs out a quarter of the time even after their "fix".
    As the developers stated this was not a change as it was never intended to work the way it did. When they patched (48.1) they just corrected it.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Well this will get it fixed but, you can swim under the the blockades to get to the swamp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Codect View Post
    You can still do it, but the method of getting around the artificial blockade means the time saved is slim at best. I do question why there are decorative assets and enemies on top of the plateus either side of the blocked river if devs don't intend for anyone to get up there...
    There is a way to get up there, as intended, but it's not obvious. *whispers* When looking at the waterfall from the bottom, explore the area the right. There is a way up.
    Tequira Sunrise ~ Josielynne ~ Dawnalynn ~ Litzy so Ditzy

Ghallanda: Live and Make Die

Quote Originally Posted by Suggestion View Post
    Has anyone else noticed you can't get to the top of the waterfall to jump down to the swamp. I used to be able to do so, but not in the last few days.
    There is a way up to the top of the waterfall from the bottom, which will be a little more obvious if you've played Immortality Lessons (or found the locked rogue chest area in The Thornwright.)

.... There is also (still) a way to "shoot the falls" from the side where you enter the landscape/talk to the Prince of Frost to enter Immortality Lessons. But those accustomed to doing it the old way will have to go a little deeper.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Codect View Post
    You can still do it, but the method of getting around the artificial blockade means the time saved is slim at best. I do question why there are decorative assets and enemies on top of the plateus either side of the blocked river if devs don't intend for anyone to get up there.
    You can still access those areas. I'm pretty sure the "difficult to reach" area was a "behind the scene" spot where you could get out of the map... although TBH I haven't tried again since the patch.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Knockback View Post
    There is a way up to the top of the waterfall from the bottom, which will be a little more obvious if you've played Immortality Lessons (or found the locked rogue chest area in The Thornwright.)

.... There is also (still) a way to "shoot the falls" from the side where you enter the landscape/talk to the Prince of Frost to enter Immortality Lessons. But those accustomed to doing it the old way will have to go a little deeper.
    Beware, as this route has a least one stuck spot (as I found yesterday, to my consternation).
    Shiz - Ghallanda
    Shizmonkey (OG Grand Poo-Bah of R.O.G.U.E. 1st edition) and other various ShizAlts
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Quatre

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post

obligatory "devs don't have a single master list that every single devs all work on with the same priority at all times". There are teams of people with different skillsets. Person A who does map layout may not have the knowhow or technical skill to address quest logic bugs - do you really want art team person fixing UI code??

Seriously folks, this kinda of dumb mantra just makes communities look silly. Same as calling every single thing a "nerf" and singling out devs by name to complain as if that individual person has it out for you, it doesn't help the game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    You can still access those areas. I'm pretty sure the "difficult to reach" area was a "behind the scene" spot where you could get out of the map... although TBH I haven't tried again since the patch.
    No there was clearly an invisible wall added at the top of the waterfall. There are branches and stuff that weren't there when feywild came out but they aren't actually physically blocking you, just the invisible wall

@losian2 when your company releases a car whose airbags explode, engines catch fire, and brakes fail randomly, you don't have people on your team removing bumper stickers from the cars that get sent in for repairs. Get everyone working on fixing stuff.
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack

Hardcore bozos - Koganei, Hoid

Community Member

You can still go from immortality lessons to the underwater quest (locket something), through the waterfall. Knockback even tells you how to in this thread if you pay enough attention, so dont be too concerned

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by losian2 View Post
    obligatory "devs don't have a single master list that every single devs all work on with the same priority at all times". There are teams of people with different skillsets. Person A who does map layout may not have the knowhow or technical skill to address quest logic bugs - do you really want art team person fixing UI code??

Seriously folks, this kinda of dumb mantra just makes communities look silly. Same as calling every single thing a "nerf" and singling out devs by name to complain as if that individual person has it out for you, it doesn't help the game.
    Way to miss the point.

Talking

jumping off the water fall was fun please change it back

Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    .... clearly an invisible wall .....
    Just had to stop and point that^ out.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

No there was clearly an invisible wall added at the top of the waterfall. There are branches and stuff that weren't there when feywild came out but they aren't actually physically blocking you, just the invisible wall
    Well, I dunno what to tell you, I got up to the gazebo with the saytrs post-patch, and then I went across to the other side of it.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

@losian2 when your company releases a car whose airbags explode, engines catch fire, and brakes fail randomly, you don't have people on your team removing bumper stickers from the cars that get sent in for repairs. Get everyone working on fixing stuff.

I was able to get through the top of the waterfall. It just took a little more effort. I think they *want* you to climb up from the bottom, but they have purposefully made it slightly trickier to get down from the top.
    Jolyma, Cannedjoly, Jolymassoul, Internetmyth on Argonessen

Community Member

I don't get why people keep talking about climbing up from the bottom, when the top of the waterfall is near the entrance. Is everyone just talking about climbing vines to get to the explorer? Yeah that's really not the concern here...
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack

Hardcore bozos - Koganei, Hoid

Ha I never realized you could climb up from the bottom. You can still get through the logs and invisible wall by the waterfall by swimming under... definitely harder to do now though.