Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    I do have one serious suggestion for Black Friday.

You know that super bundle of dungeons you gave everyone for free during the start of the Pandemic ? >>>(thank you, by the way)<<< *

Please offer to SELL that at a nice price on Black Friday for everyone that missed it.
    Doesn't need to be free, but make it a sweet deal.
    Many players would appreciate that.

Peace

* see, I do compliment once in a while.
    I couldn't agree more with this. The pandemic is worse than ever and many had the promo code but didn't use it immediately and forgot before deadline. That or were not privy to the forums and had no clue it was even on.

I know I missed out on the 99DDO Menace and Shadowfell deals for that very reason. Found out about them 1 day too late, which is why I am watching the forums now.

Would be a great opportunity to give a second chance at these that many would appreciate!

Community Member

About this posted by Cordovan

Ravenloft Ultimate, Collector’s, and Standard Edition

I can´t find anything on the DDO store other than Mists of Ravenloft Adventure Pack for 2495 DDO points. No ultimate, collector or standard thingie, and no 50% discount anywhere. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fixitosis View Post
    Per Cordovan's live stream...
    Worth the wait...
    Memories of past lives @ 75% off stands out...
    DDO Bonus pts with bonus Potion (forget the name but increases the chances of named loot dropping in named loot chests). Lesser and greater potion depending on pts package bought.
    And more....
    Turns out it wasn't worth the wait.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khornelain View Post
    About this posted by Cordovan

Ravenloft Ultimate, Collector’s, and Standard Edition

I can´t find anything on the DDO store other than Mists of Ravenloft Adventure Pack for 2495 DDO points. No ultimate, collector or standard thingie, and no 50% discount anywhere. Am I missing something?

Thanks
    It's in the DDO market

https://store.standingstonegames.com...oryID=58516100

So no sharn sale... almost 2 years since its release.

Poses the question, they say the item packs wont be available anymore afterwards, and since they are done with DDO market, whats going to happen to sharn?
    Darkzess - Sturdycaster (Retired Wiz) - Stormfists - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~I'm Back!~

Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

"These items will no longer be available after January 9th. New packages for the older expansions will be available at a future date, but may not include the exact same bonus items, so this is the final opportunity to get these specific packages with their listed bonus items."

Am I the only one thinking it's a little weird they are changing the bonus items after they stated several times they don't want to do pre-order exclusive bonuses? Sounds like some items will be exclusives after all.
    Last edited by ShifterThePirate; 11-25-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShifterThePirate View Post
    "These items will no longer be available after January 9th. New packages for the older expansions will be available at a future date, but may not include the exact same bonus items, so this is the final opportunity to get these specific packages with their listed bonus items."

Am I the only one thinking it's a little weird they are changing the bonus items after they stated several times they don't want to do pre-order exclusive bonuses? Sounds like some items will be exclusives after all.
    They werent preorder exclusives, but exclusives to the packs while they were offered. The first and second xpacks have changed packs already, so its not new
    Thelanis
    ~I'm Back!~

Quote Originally Posted by Zess-wolf View Post
    So no sharn sale... almost 2 years since its release.

Poses the question, they say the item packs wont be available anymore afterwards, and since they are done with DDO market, whats going to happen to sharn?
    I must admit i'm really shocked that there isn't a sharn sale, its the only old expansion i don't have. I hope after the 9th January they don't bundle them all together, otherwise ill end up
    buying MOTUD, Shadow & Ravenloft twice when i try and buy the Sharn pack. I'm thinking of just not buying Sharn and getting the new fables of the wild expansion. What is everyone's thought is it okay to skip Sharn?

Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sturmbb View Post
    I must admit i'm really shocked that there isn't a sharn sale, its the only old expansion i don't have. I hope after the 9th January they don't bundle them all together, otherwise ill end up
    buying MOTUD, Shadow & Ravenloft twice when i try and buy the Sharn pack. I'm thinking of just not buying Sharn and getting the new fables of the wild expansion. What is everyone's thought is it okay to skip Sharn?
    Only reason I can think of is they are saving Sharn discount for Xmas sale

I dont think they will bundle them, will just offer simpler options (Like menace and shadowfell, they made just simpler options to be bought).

Still bugged about sharn not having a discount though
    Thelanis
    ~I'm Back!~

Community Member

I really dont like how SSG handles their Store sales...this is something I've been complaining about for years, through Summer Sails and Winter and Anniversaries and everything.

STOP MAKING US BET AGAINST OURSELVES

I hate the BS way they make us gamble whether or not something is a good deal now or a good deal later. They dont ever tell us what deals are coming up during the multi-week sales so we know where to spend our money. The only possible explanation is they're not giving us all the information so that they can trick us into spending more than we have to.

Case in point here: the xpack bonus items. "Maybe they're going away in January...maybe not...who knows? Buy now just in case!" That's total BS extortion of your own customers. That's using fear to drive sales. Just tell us now what your plans are for the new Market so we can tell whether or not we want to get them now or wait till later.

All its going to do is create a lot of dissatisfaction among players who "guessed wrong". And dissatisfaction right now in players like me who resent being Sophies-Choiced into purchasing decisions.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by carsonfball View Post
    I also subscribed to the Season Pass and do not feel ripped off. They didn't take anything from me (I still got all of that content permanently). Someone else getting something doesn't hurt me. Also, I mainly upgraded my VIP to Season Pass for the daily gold rolls, so ymmv.
    respect your position but like i pointed out i had all content and wasnt given what was given to every1 for free ......glad u feel gold eolls are worth 300 bucks to u ...got a bridge for sale interested

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by merlinfire1 View Post
    honestly I wonder what it would be like to have a horde of entitled children constantly insulting my intelligence and imputing the worst possible intentions and ulterior motives to any action I took.

must be mentally taxing.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, we will be announcing our Black Friday sales next week.
    Thank you!
    Officer of D.W.A.T.
    Dalton/Galinar/Kelthon/Thurm/Aleq/Velthon/Gruuden/Brootis/Tovarr

What is everyone's thought is it okay to skip Sharn?
    Depends on what you want. I personally love Sharn but I love the aesthetic / all things Eberron. It connects into a nice big storyline starting all the way in Disciples of Rage and finishing with Sould Splitter.

The loot looks similar in power levels than what I've seen people post from Feywild. The latter is more versatile, Sharn is more geared to specific classes / builds, I think.

The two Sharn raids are still quite popular and regularly run (and pugged).

Overall, I would not recommend to skip the Sharn experience, but I don't think it's a rush to get it, either, depending on what you're looking for.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I really dont like how SSG handles their Store sales...this is something I've been complaining about for years, through Summer Sails and Winter and Anniversaries and everything.

STOP MAKING US BET AGAINST OURSELVES

I hate the BS way they make us gamble whether or not something is a good deal now or a good deal later. They dont ever tell us what deals are coming up during the multi-week sales so we know where to spend our money. The only possible explanation is they're not giving us all the information so that they can trick us into spending more than we have to.

Case in point here: the xpack bonus items. "Maybe they're going away in January...maybe not...who knows? Buy now just in case!" That's total BS extortion of your own customers. That's using fear to drive sales. Just tell us now what your plans are for the new Market so we can tell whether or not we want to get them now or wait till later.

All its going to do is create a lot of dissatisfaction among players who "guessed wrong". And dissatisfaction right now in players like me who resent being Sophies-Choiced into purchasing decisions.
    Only playing for 7 months and took me a while to get in the groove of where to find info. (Forums!) I've read a lot of confusing things about the sales and the market place. If they're getting rid of the market place that can only be a good thing AFAICT. Seems like a total bait and switch between buying DDO points and waiting to buy content, just to have content go on sale for $'s instead of DDO point. IF R/L is on sale for 50% off, it should be 50% off across the board, Specially in the DDO store!

Also can't believe there is no where on my account where I can see what content I do or don't have. I go to DDO store and can only see R/L, which would suggest I have everything else, but NO, Wait, they are not all in the DDO store! So I have to keep a list myself to try and figure what I do or don't have at any given time.

If they want to run things in such a confusing way to try and fool people into buying I guess that's their prerogative. I for one would be happy to see All content in DDO store at all times and then disappear when you purchase. Simple, always know what you don't have and no confusion on what sale is best

That the bundles aren't available anymore doesn't mean the individual items won't be purgeable nor that new mix and match bundles won't be offered.
    Like a base version of previous packs all in one, or just the addons of cosmetics, pets or just the gold seal hires.

Maybe all new gold seal hires, every trick for every pet out there... who knows what they come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Graceunderpressure View Post
    If they're getting rid of the market place that can only be a good thing AFAICT.
    1) They are not getting rid of it, they're replacing it with another, worse marketplace (the one used for Feywild)
    2) If they completely get rid of it, we'll no longer have giftable codes for points, VIP and expansions - that's what the Market is for

So if getting rid of the market is their aim, that's anything but a good thing, IMO.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Only reason I can think of is they are saving Sharn discount for Xmas sale
    Sharn is not old enough, you need to wait 2 more years. So logically black friday 3 years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Depends on what you want. I personally love Sharn but I love the aesthetic / all things Eberron. It connects into a nice big storyline starting all the way in Disciples of Rage and finishing with Sould Splitter.

The loot looks similar in power levels than what I've seen people post from Feywild. The latter is more versatile, Sharn is more geared to specific classes / builds, I think.

The two Sharn raids are still quite popular and regularly run (and pugged).

Overall, I would not recommend to skip the Sharn experience, but I don't think it's a rush to get it, either, depending on what you're looking for.
    Thankyou for the reply. I did run it quite a lot while the free event was on, that is why i was hoping it would be on discount in the Black Friday sale. Now i know that it is not, i'm just thinking rather than paying full price for Sharn. It's probably more cost effective to pay full price for the new expansion, especially if the loot is similar. That way i am paying for something which will give me a totally new experience. Rather than paying full price for something i've already ran quite a few times. I also have quite a few DDO points so i can just bide my time for it to come as a discount on the DDO store if i really end up missing running the content.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast