Community Member Cranjis-of-Orien's Avatar

Question Haven't heard great stuff about Razorclaw barb

I have quested with a couple of the new hand-to-hand style Razorclaw barbarians since their release, and everyone I have asked about how it is pretty much all reply with just "it's okay.".
    Is it really not that great, or is there some hidden potential to making it a very fun style to play? I want to know if I should try this new hand-to-hand style barbarian, or if it's just not really worth it.
    Founder and leader of The Wildcats guild on Orien

"Cheese is the solution to everything" - Unknown

Community Member

I'm playing a 12 druid/8 barbarian Razorclaw winter wolf right now and it's fairly good. Not R10 material but easy to level on lower difficulties. winter worlf +20% attack speed, ravager 37 points for +2 range, +15% helpless damage and blood strenght. Nature warrior 27 points for core 4 +1 crit multiplier, +15% helpless damage, +5% attack speed when killing max 25%, flight +improved uncanny dodge from barb with meld twist, ghost touch and ferocity +12 melee power when raging. Razorclaw 16 points for +1 primal multiplier. Total 80 APs. Legendary dreadnought +1 insight threat range and all the good stuff. 16-18 X4, 19-20X6

Community Member Cranjis-of-Orien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFast View Post
    I'm playing a 12 druid/8 barbarian Razorclaw winter wolf right now and it's fairly good. Not R10 material but easy to level on lower difficulties. winter worlf +20% attack speed, ravager 37 points for +2 range, +15% helpless damage and blood strenght. Nature warrior 27 points for core 4 +1 crit multiplier, +15% helpless damage, +5% attack speed when killing max 25%, flight +improved uncanny dodge from barb with meld twist, ghost touch and ferocity +12 melee power when raging. Razorclaw 16 points for +1 primal multiplier. Total 80 APs. Legendary dreadnought +1 insight threat range and all the good stuff. 16-18 X4, 19-20X6
    I'm assuming it gets you by for epics alright?
    Founder and leader of The Wildcats guild on Orien

"Cheese is the solution to everything" - Unknown

Community Member

Yes. Blood strenght keeps you up and if you can get your hands on the Adamantine knuckles you will have a 15-20 threat range in heroic

Default can you flesh out a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFast View Post
    Hi, there does seem a dearth of razorclaw builds despite it being the new thing. Can you flesh this build out a bit more - starting stats, feats etc? Also what woudl you do with any racial points?
    Last edited by arklemighty; 01-12-2021 at 07:08 AM.
    Something profound yet funny; bear with while I think of something/plagiarise.

Community Member

Well...its a race based around Handwraps which can't use the only class that would use handwraps (normally) so its hard to find easy synergy. They dumped so much hate on the monks over the years that lots of things specifically are "does not work with handwraps".

As noted above, probably one of the better combos would be the Druid builds I would guess. Probably any Druid/Barb style build except replace weapon X with Handwraps.

Side note, I have seen a few Wizards doing well with this. EK/PM ignoring the barb/rage/etc. I have not personally looked deeply into this, but seems interesting at least, but not sure on the details or if its a reaper build, could just be easy iconic TRing build.