Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    If you stopped to think before insulting, you would have realized that what you say does not make sense. The more advanced veterans do not need a bta master's gift because they have already finished their TR and only need an augment in the cap. Those who have not finished yet are their TRs, including the newbies, who benefit from a bta master's gift. So to deny them this change is to harm them.

Next time, think a little more and insult a little less.
    Look dearie, anyone with multiple bank toons and tons of these is a vet,imo. OK it is an exploit that has obviously been very useful. Rather than acting all entitled and slagging off the poor old devs, try and make a humble request/suggestion that it be considered for change, pointing out pros and cons, and at least acknowledging that it is an exploit. Perhaps?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SheIsMiiiiiiinnnne View Post
    Look dearie, anyone with multiple bank toons and tons of these is a vet,imo. OK it is an exploit that has obviously been very useful. Rather than acting all entitled and slagging off the poor old devs, try and make a humble request/suggestion that it be considered for change, pointing out pros and cons, and at least acknowledging that it is an exploit. Perhaps?
    I had no idea that it was an "exploit". All I knew is that the Master's Gift that I had slotted in my BtA trinket was bound to account, so when I moved all of my BtA gear to my bank toon for reincarnation (like I ALWAYS do), I wasn't expecting the Master's Gift to be stuck on that mule.

Yes I can just grind out another five Against the Demon Queen runs and a Threnal chain. But I don't think that I should have to do that when even just a quick "Hey everyone, the Master's Gift is going to actually make BtA gear become BtC after this patch so don't forget to move your gear off your mule!" note would have taken care of that for me.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

LOL. This exactly. Next they'll be saying but newbs can use this cheat too, if they have an overpowered toon that can farm Threnal ...
    It’s NOT a cheat when it’s put into the game by the devs. Players are merely taking advantage of it, and the devs have known about it the entire time. It was there for everybody to use, and widely talked about in the open here, and on other public outlets. Then, they suddenly shut it down without giving any warning so players could at least move them back to their mains and further clog up their TR cashes.

It seems that your’re also completely unaware that the best time for anybody to farm threnal for the cloak is at cap to zerg the Khyber out of it. However, if you want to slog thru that mess at level for meh xp, that’s your choice.
    Last edited by DerpDerply; 11-20-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I had no idea that it was an "exploit". All I knew is that the Master's Gift that I had slotted in my BtA trinket was bound to account, so when I moved all of my BtA gear to my bank toon for reincarnation (like I ALWAYS do), I wasn't expecting the Master's Gift to be stuck on that mule.

Yes I can just grind out another five Against the Demon Queen runs and a Threnal chain. But I don't think that I should have to do that when even just a quick "Hey everyone, the Master's Gift is going to actually make BtA gear become BtC after this patch so don't forget to move your gear off your mule!" note would have taken care of that for me.
    And the devs were supposed to know you were using this exploit in order to warn you? Sure. I expect it will be made BTA as the simplest solution, though, so you should be ok. GL.

And the devs were supposed to know you were using this exploit in order to warn you? Sure. I expect it will be made BTA as the simplest solution, though, so you should be ok. GL.
    The ability to slot MG into bta and trade it was discussed on this forum and other platforms way back then, here an example:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5119173

So yes, it was wai for 7 years. And knowingly.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by DerpDerply View Post
    It’s NOT a cheat when it’s put into the game by the devs. Players are merely taking advantage of it, and the devs have known about it the entire time. It was there for everybody to use, and widely talked about in the open here, and on other public outlets. Then, they suddenly shut it down without giving any warning so players could at least move them back to their mains and further clog up their TR cashes.

It seems that your’re also completely unaware that the best time for anybody to farm threnal for the cloak is at cap to zerg the Khyber out of it. However, if you want to slog thru that mess at level for meh xp, that’s your choice.
    Sorry, you are right. It is not an exploit - just a feature not working as intended/described that some people have taken advantage of. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    The ability to slot MG into bta and trade it was discussed on this forum and other platforms way back then, here an example:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5119173

So yes, it was wai for 7 years. And knowingly.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Thank you for the example. I knew I had first read about this on the forums. Its been discussed on the forums multiple times over the years. People generally don't discuss something they know is an actual exploit openly on the forums, that gets people banned.

This has always been thought functioning similarly and in the same category as BTA items bound and crafted on in the Stone of Change, or BTC craftable trinkets such as the store trinket item or even the Shroud Shard of Power that become BTA when crafting shards are added. Some things start out BTC but become BTA through usage, even proper usage, as there was nothing improper about slotting Master's Gift on a BTA item.

People griping that we should not complain about the usage of this augment changing are just Rules-Lawyers that derive enjoyment from making things more tedious and less fun for others. Every good DM makes small changes as the game progresses to keep the pace and the fun of the game going.

More fun less inventory housework please.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

LOL. This exactly. Next they'll be saying but newbs can use this cheat too, if they have an overpowered toon that can farm Threnal ...
    yeah, you really need to be powerful to run Delera and Threnal on normal for a trinket and a cloak

Community Member

Just to be clear for the nay-sayers (which I can't believe exist - so now I've seen everything):

We don't care about whether the augment is BtC or BtA for the sake of power, or advantage, or whatever fantasy you can think of

Having a BtA status is purely for inventory consolidation and minimization of TR caches.

If the augment were to remain BtC, then we will farm / craft the same items for each playable character and leave them in each character's TR cache. That creates a significant amount of inventory bloat, server processing, client/server messaging, etc. that creates even more lag for everyone trying to play the game.

If the augment is converted to BtA, then you no longer need a separate gearset per character and you no longer need to stuff it in the TR cache. Lag is reduced. All players happy.

Community Manager

This is one of a couple of threads that need to be closed ahead of the weekend due to fighting.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Manager

Reopening thread on Monday after doing a moderation pass on about eight threads. Keep it civil, folks.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Sorry, you are right. It is not an exploit - just a feature not working as intended/described that some people have taken advantage of. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.
    Might as well mention the other widely used dev induced feature.

Adding BTA ammunition to the "Quiver of Alacrity" to make it become BTA from BTC status.
    and that item is most assuredly Raid Loot that is using an unintended feature to become BTA.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have been listening to your feedback and will be taking a look at the binding status of The Master's Gift.
    Any update on this? Any decision/consensus one way or the other?

I have a VoM and Cloak on a bank alt that is holding a Master's Gift, and am wondering whether to combine them into the augment or sell them for a few plat. :/
    The Basics of DDO / "Select Adventure Pack" Sales & "How to choose an Adventure Pack"

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." Bill Murray

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Any update on this? Any decision/consensus one way or the other?

I have a VoM and Cloak on a bank alt that is holding a Master's Gift, and am wondering whether to combine them into the augment or sell them for a few plat. :/
    Yes, they made Masters Gift BtA as of U48.2.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpDerply View Post
    Yes, they made Masters Gift BtA as of U48.2.
    TYSVM! Both to DD and the Dev's!
    o7
    The Basics of DDO / "Select Adventure Pack" Sales & "How to choose an Adventure Pack"

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." Bill Murray

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    @ All - Note - It appears that so long as you do not unslot the MG, it will remain working as before. However, if you unlsot it, the years-old "exploit" of slotting it into a BtA item will no longer work!
    It's been fixed. You don't need to reslot the item. Move the item to inventory and relog. This fixed several for me that got locked onto different characters after slotting them into new augment slots. I just re-tested it, too (in case they broke it again and this is a new report -- sadly possible). I moved a BTA item with an MG slotted (new style slot) into shared bank and back just before pressing "submit reply" here.

I'm ok with them being bound to account as long as the people asking for this aren't the same people that were saying "Don't complain about removing cargo hold buffs, they were supposed to be removed years ago." And these were supposed to be BTC years ago as well. Now where is my popcorn?
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12