Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DDO music (especially recent ones)

Hey all !

Just wanted to know if there is a way, even by buying, to get the DDO musics ? I especially look for the ones that can be heard in Mines of Tethyamar quests serie or Ravenloft.
    (I know I got the oldest ones a while ago as they were available for download.)

Community Member

interesting request. maybe DDO should make a soundtrack available on itunes or something.

Community Member

I don't know if you've seen this, but maybe it will have some stuff in it that you might be looking for:

https://ddowiki.com/page/Soundtrack

here is a playlist of a bunch of them, it hasnt been updated in years though, so probably no tethy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Sw...5A46740922AF80

This seems to be something that's routinely done by the sister game, so it's always seemed a bit weird DDO doesn't.

When you consider that LOTRO has to have music basically *all* the time, all tuned to the world/story zone you're in so there's lots of lengthy pieces to release and stay on top of, I'm not sure why the task for SSG to do the same with DDO couldn't be absorbed.

Could just be contracts and IP and obligations and such mind you, I mean I literally said I'm not sure. I.e. I'm not criticising, it would just be interesting to know the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Community Manager

When we can we have made some DDO music available on our YouTube page, and back in the Turbine days some of the sound people had their own Soundcloud page, but we have not always had the same level of opportunity to release on the DDO side as we have on the LOTRO side. The good news for you (maybe) is that our music for Fables of the Feywild was done by our own in-house composer Bill Champagne, and we are able to release that in the near future to YouTube. There are still various wordy legal hurdles before we'd be able to offer music files for download or purchase.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

That said, I'd forgotten the links posted above, which provide some great resources. Not fully up to date, but I mean not *that* far out, the Sharn Expansion music is there, and content up to Wheloon seems quite exhaustive on the playlist link.

I'd like them to get on with releasing the Feywild music though, seems great so far.
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    When we can we have made some DDO music available on our YouTube page, and back in the Turbine days some of the sound people had their own Soundcloud page, but we have not always had the same level of opportunity to release on the DDO side as we have on the LOTRO side. The good news for you (maybe) is that our music for Fables of the Feywild was done by our own in-house composer Bill Champagne, and we are able to release that in the near future to YouTube. There are still various wordy legal hurdles before we'd be able to offer music files for download or purchase.
    You *knew* I was posting to ask about feywild, you just answered helpfully to make me look bad. I KNOW WHAT YOU DID.

Hello,

Is it cool to stream DDO soundtrack on twitch while playing?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by grudgebear View Post
    Hello,

Is it cool to stream DDO soundtrack on twitch while playing?
    Any of the music that you get from our YouTube channel to play in the background should be fine to play on Twitch. So far we have had no issues with our game soundtrack on Twitch or YouTube other than the typical once-in-a-great-while content matches caused by ambient atmosphere. I hear that's a thing in general in video games.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

There used to be an unpacker tool that allowed one to extract all sound files from DDO data. Worked 2 years ago, should still work now.

Would probably be a pain to sift through all the files and find what you need, but that's another option - if you just want them for private listening rather than uploads / streaming.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Sure, I'm not familiar with Feywild tunes yet but I'm sure it would be intesting to be able to listen to them

Still I'm a bit sad if there is no way to get those great Tethyamar or Ravenloft music, but I'll make sure to check what people posted here, though the old Youtube list hasnt recent music indeed (that's where I got some of my own collection if I remember right.

Thanks for the help everyone !

Any chance Bill Champagne can redo the market theme?

Something a bit more vibrant than the current sad obo tune.

Harbor could use a new tune too as its so unmemorable I cant think of the melody at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by apocaladle View Post
    Any chance Bill Champagne can redo the market theme?

Something a bit more vibrant than the current sad obo tune.

Harbor could use a new tune too as its so unmemorable I cant think of the melody at the moment.
    No No No. The market and harbor music is meant to be a welcome to intrigue, corruption and it was made at the time when your first quests in DDO involved doing breaking and entry and other thievery jobs for Gerald Goodblade. That music along with those quests are why I got hooked on the game... had it been the Korthos **** of today I would have probably laughed at the game and never played again (and missed out on an awful lot as all the classic quests that came out with the game's introduction are outstanding)

Just because things go over people's heads or they don't understand them is not a reason to change it.
    Tales of terror abound in coastal cities of a powerful cabal of sea-faring pirates led by a trio of mages who have coined themselves 'The False Gods'.

within your base of operations, enacting fatal attacks upon your conscripts

On the topic of music, is there a way to replace the soundtrack in parts of the game with another one?

For instance, in Guild Wars 2 you can actually replace the character select music with anything you want by making a custom file.

I ask because I'd love to set this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCUDdtzMn-Y

As the character creation music, purely out of nostalgia.
    Sarlona

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Any of the music that you get from our YouTube channel to play in the background should be fine to play on Twitch. So far we have had no issues with our game soundtrack on Twitch or YouTube other than the typical once-in-a-great-while content matches caused by ambient atmosphere. I hear that's a thing in general in video games.
    I know it's very unlikely as there's probably very little interest but as a currently mediocre but aspiring musician is there any chance of releasing the sheet music or tablature for any of the game's music? I've figured out how to play a few of the songs myself but having the music available would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by False_Gods View Post
    No No No. The market and harbor music is meant to be a welcome to intrigue, corruption and it was made at the time when your first quests in DDO involved doing breaking and entry and other thievery jobs for Gerald Goodblade. That music along with those quests are why I got hooked on the game... had it been the Korthos **** of today I would have probably laughed at the game and never played again (and missed out on an awful lot as all the classic quests that came out with the game's introduction are outstanding)

Just because things go over people's heads or they don't understand them is not a reason to change it.
    True that, vanilla DDO has very unique atmosphere that was quite memorable compared to some other MMO in my opinion !
    (though I'm not sure if I saw that new Khortos version, need to check...)
    Last edited by Melandrhild; 11-19-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by False_Gods View Post

To each their own, I have been playing since 2010 and I always thought it was really bad.

Compared to other ddo music its okay-ish but it doesnt hold a candle to a lot of iconic single player music tracks.

Also high quality 7.1 surround music is now available cheap via stock music etc. Personally I think it would not be a huge amount of money or effort to update a lot of the music in the game while still keeping the same atmosphere.

Edit: for example look at a few of Vsauce 3 videos he has a bunch of really good soundtracks they he gets as stock music.
    Last edited by apocaladle; 11-19-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Community Member

I use Wave-o-saur or xmedia recode to grab sounds on occasion.
    Gotta be plenty of others by now.
    It's not an optimum quality mind you, but should get you through until they make it available.

I'm real surprised to hear its not already been done.

THE FOLLOWING WORKED FOR ME AND I HAVE TODAY UNPACKED THE FULL AUDIO PACKAGE FROM DDO BY USING IT

Excerpt from a different thread, years ago:
    I'm not sure if this is allowed. Dev can delete my post in that case.
    Also not sure if this works still.

1. Get DAT UNPACKER TOOL from this site
    http://lotrounpacker.ucoz.com/load/d...r_tool/1-1-0-3
    2. Place it in the root of DDO folder (Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online)
    3. Go to the root of DDO where the program is. Hold down shift and right click anywhere. (Make sure nothing is selected)
    4. Click on "Open Command Window here"
    5. A black prompt will open with this: "E:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online>" (with your own drive letter ofc)
    6. Next, type this: "DAT_UNPACKER.exe client_sound 1" then hit enter.
    7. After it is done do the same but instead of one 1, type 2. (You can just hit Arrow Up to get the previous command and replace 1)
    8. When that is done. Go to "data" folder inside the root of DDO.
    You'll find 2 folders, the 1st one should have all the sounds in the game.

They are a LOT of sound files. Best way to find what you are looking for is to Filter them by "duration" in a sound/music player. I use Foobar2000 for this.
    Most music are longer than 2 to 3min.

Enjoy!
    As a pointer: You have to figure out how to run the unpacker .exe as an administrator, it's not as simple as you'd think in Win10. You need to find cmd.exe in System 32 launch that as an admin, write in commands to change the directory to where you have DDO installed and then proceed with the above instructions. Took some doing, but I have succeeded, now I only need to listen to each file one by one and sort out the miscellaneous sound effects and atmospheric noises from the actual music. Sorting by file size, highest to lowest, helps put most of the music on top of the folder, though a lot are still voice overs from explorer notes and the Temple of Elemental Evil narration.
    Last edited by TekkenDevil; 11-20-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast