Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Thursday, November 19th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened. If you were impacted by an augment binding bug since the release of Update 48.1, please read here for important information.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Thursday, November 19th to release Update 48.1.1. This update will correct a binding issue with augments. More information will be available tomorrow.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 11-19-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Thursday, November 19th to release Update 48.1.1. This update will correct a binding issue with augments. More information will be available tomorrow.
    Again? I mean geez seems like day long down times every other day. I hate posting on forums and rarely if ever do but this is getting insane. I've played this game basically on and off from the start and I'm getting sick of the constant down times. You just had a long one Tuesday. Now all day again.

Can you not wait until next week and combine some of these down times???!!! Why not instead test your "fixes" more so you don't have to roll out a fix for a fix because this is basically what just happened. We get 2 extended down times in a week for fixes because your fix broke other stuff and its all from the **** expansion that offers nothing new but augment revamps that yall didn't even seem to test in the 1st place. IT's like EA is running SSG now and you don't care about quality just the rush for money on "new half baked unfinished and untested ****!"

TEST YOUR STUFF BEFORE YOU GIVE IT TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tankhealer View Post
    Again? I mean geez seems like day long down times every other day. I hate posting on forums and rarely if ever do but this is getting insane. I've played this game basically on and off from the start and I'm getting sick of the constant down times. You just had a long one Tuesday. Now all day again.

Can you not wait until next week and combine some of these down times???!!! Why not instead test your "fixes" more so you don't have to roll out a fix for a fix because this is basically what just happened. We get 2 extended down times in a week for fixes because your fix broke other stuff and its all from the **** expansion that offers nothing new but augment revamps that yall didn't even seem to test in the 1st place. IT's like EA is running SSG now and you don't care about quality just the rush for money on "new half baked unfinished and untested ****!"

They did test it. And they knew that this specific item was broken even when Feywild was in Lamannia. It isn't a problem with lack of testing in this case. It was an active decision to release it as it was.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

I am also getting fed-up with all these day long downtimes. Combine them with the weekly maintenance, for gods sake.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    They did test it. And they knew that this specific item was broken even when Feywild was in Lamannia. It isn't a problem with lack of testing in this case. It was an active decision to release it as it was.
    So we can't give what we said we would originally so lets release less, we know what we are giving has bugs, but lets just do it anyway instead of delaying and giving a real expansion because hey why not make more money. Instead they could have said.. sorry delaying this expansion a year to make it right. Blame it on covid if you must, or just say we need more time to make it what it should be and what our customers deserve. But no instead "lets rush out junk and fix it later." I did not buy this expansion for this exact reason (that and I don't feel its worth it for what they are asking) but I'm still forced to have to deal with delays because of the bugs its causing.

How about fixing the thrown dagger "Return to Sender" while ya at it. Its only been broken for 4+ years!

So we can't give what we said we would originally so lets release less, we know what we are giving has bugs, but lets just do it anyway instead of delaying and giving a real expansion because hey why not make more money. Instead they could have said.. sorry delaying this expansion a year to make it right. Blame it on covid if you must, or just say we need more time to make it what it should be and what our customers deserve. But no instead "lets rush out junk and fix it later." I did not buy this expansion for this exact reason (that and I don't feel its worth it for what they are asking) but I'm still forced to have to deal with delays because of the bugs its causing.

Basically you bought a pair of shoes without holes for shoelaces. Then a guy shows up to punch holes and then a few days later again to put in the eyelets.

And now you just have to buy shoelaces
    Sniffing dwarf clerics for over eight years...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kanordog View Post
    Basically you bought a pair of shoes without holes for shoelaces. Then a guy shows up to punch holes and then a few days later again to put in the eyelets.
    Lol that's why I didn't buy the expansion. And then the guy showing up to put in the eyelets discovers the punch holes are wrong so they gotta fix that and come back another day.

They need to compensate somehow for this junk.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Lol that's why I didn't buy the expansion. And then the guy showing up to put in the eyelets discovers the punch holes are wrong so they gotta fix that and come back another day.

They need to compensate somehow for this junk.
    Buying the expansion early does mean you get to take advantage of the player-favored bugs, though.

...because those are generally the ones that get fixed first. Exploit early and exploit often!
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewolf View Post
    How about fixing the thrown dagger "Return to Sender" while ya at it. Its only been broken for 4+ years!
    Haha right like a list of all the other broken things. Quests with every single collectable not useable. Same bugs never fixed and never will be because fixing old stuff doesn't make money. I love DnD and this is what I use to fill my fix for pnp over the years, but I'm just getting so fed up.

Haha right like a list of all the other broken things. Quests with every single collectable not useable. Same bugs never fixed and never will be because fixing old stuff doesn't make money. I love DnD and this is what I use to fill my fix for pnp over the years, but I'm just getting so fed up.
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Will this correct the problem with Insightful Stat augments as well? Insightful Con is giving Dex, Dex giving Con, etc...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewolf View Post
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease!
    ..or "The squeaky wheel gets the KICK !"

(remember your Baldur's Gate lessons)

Community Member

This really just spits in the face of all the customers that preordered the pack.

Nothing was play testing. It has tons of bugs. Lag is still a huge issue. Now we have downtime.

Community Manager

The game worlds have reopened.

For people impacted by an augment or augment item binding issue over the past two days, please read the following:

1. Items that currently have an incorrect binding status due to an augment being slotted into them prior to the patch will remain in that state unless the augment is unslotted. We are offering a free coupon for five Jeweller's Toolkits with the Coupon Code 5JEWELKIT, available to redeem once per account through Redeem Code in the DDO Store in-game. This coupon is available to redeem through November 27th, 2020.

2. Augments that had a broken binding state at the time of the patch but are either slotted inside of an item or in a bag when you log into the game for the first time following today's patch will remain in that state after being removed from the item or bag until you next log in. Once you relog with the augment in your inventory, the augment will return to its correct binding state.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Game is up!!!
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

For people impacted by an augment or augment item binding issue over the past two days, please read the following:

1. Items that currently have an incorrect binding status due to an augment being slotted into them prior to the patch will remain in that state unless the augment is unslotted. We are offering a free coupon for five Jeweller's Toolkits with the Coupon Code 5JEWELKIT, available to redeem once per account through Redeem Code in the DDO Store in-game. This coupon is available to redeem through November 27th, 2020.

2. Augments that had a broken binding state at the time of the patch but are either slotted inside of an item or in a bag when you log into the game for the first time following today's patch will remain in that state after being removed from the item or bag until you next log in. Once you relog with the augment in your inventory, the augment will return to its correct binding state.
    Thank you. Very much appreciated.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loromir View Post
    Game is up!!!
    Wouldn’t people be more likely to learn this from trying to launch the client, then from checking your post history?

Also, you commented “The game is open” on Cord’s post of “The game is open.”

Or am I being trolled and I just can’t tell?
    Last edited by Evean; 11-19-2020 at 10:52 AM.

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    Wouldn’t people be more likely to learn this from trying to launch the client, then from checking your post history?

Also, you commented “The game is open” on Cord’s post of “The game is open.”

Or is this some kind of meta joke/troll I’m too old to understand?
    Cordo was likely posting at the same time as Loromir. Cordo just clicked submit first. Two minutes isn't really that big a stretch for overlap in the forums.

Nice, speedy turn-around time on the game restoration, btw
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell or mail to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

Community Member

So instead of playing, we get to sit and do all this to clean up your mess? Why don't you guy fix this stuff instead of dumping it on the players. Isn't it bad enough you took the game down and put it out wrong in the first place

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast