Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 139
  1. #61
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Can it still be put in a BtA item and be moved from one character to another even now after U48.1.1?

    No. For years it was possible to have a BTA piece of gear with Master's Gift in it and you can move it around thru the Shared Bank.

    Legacy items slotted that way without updating to the new augment system will stay BTA (in not so many words: don't update these items, unslotting them with the legacy unslotter).

    Slotting Master's Gift into a BTA piece of equipment using the augment system as introduced by U48 will make the item BTC.

    Is this WAI? Probably based on the description text shown on the Master's Gift augment itself. But as many have pointed out, this ... is not a welcomed change. There would be much rejoicing if the augment worked as it was when applied to BTA equipment.

    Oh well. :/

  2. #62
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    wrong thread, my bad
    lol .. Very funny! I read your original post a couple of times and couldn't make a connection...

    now that I'm sure I'm not being trolled .. 2 monitors is my vote! although a few minis and some nice paint is a close second!

  3. #63
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Customer service has what they need to be able to process these requests currently...
    CS has not really a great track record, you know?!

    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

  4. #64
    Community Member krzyysiek098's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kanordog View Post
    There is no reason to play alts anyway.
    Don't tell me how should I play my game.
    Khyber: Nimrud (caster), Tadko (tank), Yayamee (monk), Healingonly (melee FvS), Almeya (trapper), Groggor (barb), Feneya (monkcher), Zornix and some others
    Hardcore season 1: AveDarkLord (5k fav)

  5. #65
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    502

    Default

    Just so I understand. A BtC augment had a bug that made it change to BtA when it was slotted. That bug was corrected but people prefer to abuse the bug and are upset they cannot.

  6. #66
    Community Member Highdracolich79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    47

    Default Don't Make Us Fix Your Mess Up

    Dear Diary,

    I predicted SSG was going to be either unable or unwilling to release a polished product with the 'Fables of the Feywild' "expansion". Update 48 is basically just another adventure pack with some cosmetic items and a new BROKEN augment system and an even more unstable client (it was having issues with glitches and lag, but since the update dropped it's gotten much worse for a lot of people) where a great many players are reporting increased amounts of unplayability because of latency or bugs or just that it's not acceptable for a video game in 2020 especially a massively multiplayer one with thousands of online players. They want to play your game but can't because it doesn't work. There seems to be no level cap increase which might have made it into the definition of "expansion", and without that and the bugs the universe is really screaming to me "Do NOT buy this product! Especially not for $130 USD!" Not unless you massively upgrade the entire graphics and engine of this antique niche game. Buy our steaming pile of garbage... no thank you. I feel sympathy for anyone duped by SSG's deceptive marketing strategy. When SSG took over from Turbine they stated that they would release 3 to 4 new content updates per year and to my knowledge they have delivered on that promise TO THE LETTER! That is what i say to people trying to sell this game for you even though isn't listed anywhere at all on the website of Daybreak Games which is the company that really owns DDO and now requires me to agree to their* eula when first launching the client. Daybreak doesn't have DDO on it's website and so i take this to mean that whoever is in charge of advertising at SSG has their head screwed on backwards unless there's "something I'm missing here" (like the part of my brain that was utterly destroyed by DDO). Lots of content updates was what i told people in recent years to sell the game to them. That said, this year is the first time i found a major inconsistency between the January producer's letter and reality. It is just a little bit making me lose my faith that the home team will always be able to make things right. What i really mean is that when i try to advertise your game to my other gamer friends to try and bring you in new customers to give you their money, i can't talk as big now about SSG being honest and fair and instead I am going to have to let them know that there will always be this black mark of uncertainty with this company's reputation and no they will not give you your money back so exercise extreme caution.

    Sincerely,

    Salty User (for 14 years) with now over 14,000 hours on record (which doesn't factor in the first couple years when i played DDO before i started using steam)

    p.s. i wanted a unicorn mount when i heard about them, but then i saw one and thought to myself "boy that is one sad ugly thing. that beard is not very majestic feeling." it's not as awesome or shiny looking i feel as my "golden horse" the Celestial Mount i earned from the 3rd hardcore event (which i was only able to participate in because they finally made it accessible to free to play. I am still deeply perturbed that i won't ever be able to get the bloody footprints) $130 for a unicorn that looks like THAT?!? You can do better, and if you can't then it's not going to go well for you as a business. namely because people like me are not going to be selling your product for you to try and draw more people in. i cannot in good conscience ask people to suffer this awful mess the game is in right now? oh ya and btw the 'everything free' period is over and so is the increased player activity (really i think most of those were bots bro)

  7. #67
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvado View Post
    Just so I understand. A BtC augment had a bug that made it change to BtA when it was slotted. That bug was corrected but people prefer to abuse the bug and are upset they cannot.
    An item that has behaved in a particular way for OVER SEVEN YEARS and that has never (to my knowledge) been called out as not being WAI, has been changed with no notice.

    Yes, people are upset.

  8. #68
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highdracolich79 View Post
    Dear Diary,

    I predicted SSG was going to be either unable or unwilling to release a polished product with the 'Fables of the Feywild' "expansion". Update 48 is basically just another adventure pack with some cosmetic items and a new BROKEN augment system and an even more unstable client (it was having issues with glitches and lag, but since the update dropped it's gotten much worse for a lot of people) where a great many players are reporting increased amounts of unplayability because of latency or bugs or just that it's not acceptable for a video game in 2020 especially a massively multiplayer one with thousands of online players. They want to play your game but can't because it doesn't work. There seems to be no level cap increase which might have made it into the definition of "expansion", and without that and the bugs the universe is really screaming to me "Do NOT buy this product! Especially not for $130 USD!" Not unless you massively upgrade the entire graphics and engine of this antique niche game. Buy our steaming pile of garbage... no thank you. I feel sympathy for anyone duped by SSG's deceptive marketing strategy. When SSG took over from Turbine they stated that they would release 3 to 4 new content updates per year and to my knowledge they have delivered on that promise TO THE LETTER! That is what i say to people trying to sell this game for you even though isn't listed anywhere at all on the website of Daybreak Games which is the company that really owns DDO and now requires me to agree to their* eula when first launching the client. Daybreak doesn't have DDO on it's website and so i take this to mean that whoever is in charge of advertising at SSG has their head screwed on backwards unless there's "something I'm missing here" (like the part of my brain that was utterly destroyed by DDO). Lots of content updates was what i told people in recent years to sell the game to them. That said, this year is the first time i found a major inconsistency between the January producer's letter and reality. It is just a little bit making me lose my faith that the home team will always be able to make things right. What i really mean is that when i try to advertise your game to my other gamer friends to try and bring you in new customers to give you their money, i can't talk as big now about SSG being honest and fair and instead I am going to have to let them know that there will always be this black mark of uncertainty with this company's reputation and no they will not give you your money back so exercise extreme caution.

    Sincerely,

    Salty User (for 14 years) with now over 14,000 hours on record (which doesn't factor in the first couple years when i played DDO before i started using steam)

    p.s. i wanted a unicorn mount when i heard about them, but then i saw one and thought to myself "boy that is one sad ugly thing. that beard is not very majestic feeling." it's not as awesome or shiny looking i feel as my "golden horse" the Celestial Mount i earned from the 3rd hardcore event (which i was only able to participate in because they finally made it accessible to free to play. I am still deeply perturbed that i won't ever be able to get the bloody footprints) $130 for a unicorn that looks like THAT?!? You can do better, and if you can't then it's not going to go well for you as a business. namely because people like me are not going to be selling your product for you to try and draw more people in. i cannot in good conscience ask people to suffer this awful mess the game is in right now? oh ya and btw the 'everything free' period is over and so is the increased player activity (really i think most of those were bots bro)
    "Daybreak also publishes The Lord of the Rings Online™ and Dungeons & Dragons Online® for Standing Stone Games."

  9. #69
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvado View Post
    Just so I understand. A BtC augment had a bug that made it change to BtA when it was slotted. That bug was corrected but people prefer to abuse the bug and are upset they cannot.
    Not exactly, Master's Gift never changed binding that I'm aware, it simply did NOT previously change the binding of a BTA item. But After 48.1 Patch it suddenly changed BTA items to BTC when slotted. Other bugs were happening simultaneously where unbound or BTA augments were also changing items to BTC when slotted. This Hotfix was meant to prevent the second issue but apparently the first is WAI and its a problem because its a decrease to QoL for no obvious valid reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
    An item that has behaved in a particular way for OVER SEVEN YEARS and that has never (to my knowledge) been called out as not being WAI, has been changed with no notice.

    Yes, people are upset.
    That is merely one facet of the issue. Another is that a BTA Master's Gift hurts no one. Epic VoM is already BTA. Pale Green Ioun Stone is already BTA. This is an item that could and was used only on an individual's own account. It was never changing hands.

    Having something that would otherwise be BTC on a BTA item and remaining BTA exists in other areas of the game. For instance you can do a Ritual of Binding in the Stone of Change (Chompy Ted) on a BTA item and it remains BTA but on an unbound item it becomes BTC.

    People are used to the convenience of this function. This game needs more QoL not less particular in regards to inventory issues. Insisting that Master's Gift make anything its slotted into BTC, essentially insisting that Master's Gift must be BTC creates more inventory hassle, more items at various levels that will need to be stored on each and every character that cannot for whatever reason wear VoM and instead wore MG slotted into something for a particular subset of levels. Oh joy... MORE inconvenience. And double bonus points the more alts you have the more you must suffer the issue.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  10. #70
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justicesfury View Post
    So instead of playing, we get to sit and do all this to clean up your mess? Why don't you guy fix this stuff instead of dumping it on the players. Isn't it bad enough you took the game down and put it out wrong in the first place
    Why? Because if they tried to fix it nicely, it would take 2 weeks to develop, 2 weeks to test, and still arrive broken and require another patch on Christmas Eve.

  11. #71
    Community Member Valerianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvado View Post
    "Daybreak also publishes The Lord of the Rings Online™ and Dungeons & Dragons Online® for Standing Stone Games."
    i'm starting to think that there is really something going on in a deeper level. look, i'm stupid and ignorant and i don't even know what a publisher does in practice but...

    lotro is in uproar too because of a so called "mini-expansion". war of three peaks. like, an adventure pack, but somewhat bigger, and a raid. uproar because there's no value in the bundles and being labeled as expansion it's not free to vips.

    https://store-new.standingstonegames...tro/expansions

    basically, it's what ddo got with feywild. like, an adventure pack, but somewhat bigger, and a raid. a bundle selection with no value and a shiny recommended tag on the ultimate. and sorry, i must say it, rushed, not finished, and clearly in beta.

    with something going on i mean nothing bad against the devs, i really like feywild, i don't mean i think bad about the devs that create the worlds and write on this board. i thank them for their work, i respect their work. i may be sometimes critical and caustic like any player but this is a gaming forum, it happens, it's part of the game. i love ddo, i play ddo, and i think it's fair and due to give money for it. entertainment has a cost. but there are limits. ssg is a company, not a charity. i give money for something, a product that i use, a product that i want to use. i don't want to go away, please, don't make me go away with questionable decisions. we agree that 2020 is a damned year. if there were issues, the whole world has a freaklot of issues in this damned year, explain yourself next time instead. that's why i think the lack of communication, the striking comparison lotro\ddo no-value sale, the rush in releasing something, may have a deeper motivation. budget problems? money shows no mercy. i hope it's just about money like a lot of people\companies in this damned year. yeah this. but next time please play it differently. rant over. paranoia mode off.

  12. #72
    Community Member Iriale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    Master's gift transforming items in btc now, after more than 7 years? wow, SSG sure knows how to do things wrong. Why is master's gift btc in the first place? Is it that the alts are not sufficiently penalized? Is it that we have plenty of storage, does SSG not know that we have serious storage problems?

    Time and time again I have given you a chance, I have forgiven your mistakes and your greed. This time it's the straw that broke the camel's back. I will never spend a single euro on this game again. Let the whales who like to be ****** over and over again pay your bills.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

  13. #73
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    i'm starting to think that there is really something going on in a deeper level. look, i'm stupid and ignorant and i don't even know what a publisher does in practice but...

    lotro is in uproar too because of a so called "mini-expansion". war of three peaks. like, an adventure pack, but somewhat bigger, and a raid. uproar because there's no value in the bundles and being labeled as expansion it's not free to vips.

    https://store-new.standingstonegames...tro/expansions

    basically, it's what ddo got with feywild. like, an adventure pack, but somewhat bigger, and a raid. a bundle selection with no value and a shiny recommended tag on the ultimate. and sorry, i must say it, rushed, not finished, and clearly in beta.

    with something going on i mean nothing bad against the devs, i really like feywild, i don't mean i think bad about the devs that create the worlds and write on this board. i thank them for their work, i respect their work. i may be sometimes critical and caustic like any player but this is a gaming forum, it happens, it's part of the game. i love ddo, i play ddo, and i think it's fair and due to give money for it. entertainment has a cost. but there are limits. ssg is a company, not a charity. i give money for something, a product that i use, a product that i want to use. i don't want to go away, please, don't make me go away with questionable decisions. we agree that 2020 is a damned year. if there were issues, the whole world has a freaklot of issues in this damned year, explain yourself next time instead. that's why i think the lack of communication, the striking comparison lotro\ddo no-value sale, the rush in releasing something, may have a deeper motivation. budget problems? money shows no mercy. i hope it's just about money like a lot of people\companies in this damned year. yeah this. but next time please play it differently. rant over. paranoia mode off.


    +1

  14. #74
    The Hatchery Cernunan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    You know, there
    Posts
    812

    Default

    So the fix didn't work for me.
    I logged in, redeemed the coupon, removed all my augs, replaced them, logged out, logged back in.

    Everything is still bound to character. Now what
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

  15. #75
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Something has happened ... and there is an aura of desperation about it! and where is Lynnabel! IMO! She is the most transparent and helpful person in the whole company. Right now we are getting a spattering of dev comments like leaving the lights on when you go on vacation. but virtually a wall of silence on many fronts!

  16. #76
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    29,116

    Default

    We have been listening to your feedback and will be taking a look at the binding status of The Master's Gift.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  17. #77
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have been listening to your feedback and will be taking a look at the binding status of The Master's Gift.
    Thank you.

  18. #78
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    5,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have been listening to your feedback and will be taking a look at the binding status of The Master's Gift.
    Thanks for looking at it, and thanks for letting us know!
    o7
    The Basics of DDO / "Select Adventure Pack" Sales & "How to choose an Adventure Pack"

    "It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." Bill Murray

  19. #79
    Community Member Iriale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have been listening to your feedback and will be taking a look at the binding status of The Master's Gift.
    Fine, but tell your bosses to hire a marketing expert. Time and time again you make basic mistakes that align your consumers. If you do not realize that changing something like this after 7 years without prior notice, that xpack bundles have a disastrous value, or that your system scares off new players (just to put three examples of the many there are), you need *urgent* help from a marketing expert. Hire him before you kill your own game.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

  20. #80
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    5,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    Fine, but tell your bosses to hire a marketing expert.
    That would not have made a wit of difference in this case. This was an unforeseen "fix" of a longstanding problem.

    (Not that I disagree with your overall evaluation, mind you. )
    The Basics of DDO / "Select Adventure Pack" Sales & "How to choose an Adventure Pack"

    "It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." Bill Murray

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload