Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Sneaky community member MalarKan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justicesfury View Post
    So instead of playing, we get to sit and do all this to clean up your mess? Why don't you guy fix this stuff instead of dumping it on the players. Isn't it bad enough you took the game down and put it out wrong in the first place
    Yes. Now try to deal with it in a more healthy manner. cheers!
    Cisko from Argonessen: Prodigious Lord of Shadows, Master Locksmith and Deadly Firedancer
    (6th pure rogue life and counting)
    Long LiveR.O.G.U.E.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hosteen View Post
    I am also getting fed-up with all these day long downtimes. Combine them with the weekly maintenance, for gods sake.
    OK, I take it back. It seems to back and running, so wasn't a long downtime.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    Cordo was likely posting at the same time as Loromir. Cordo just clicked submit first. Two minutes isn't really that big a stretch for overlap in the forums.

Nice, speedy turn-around time on the game restoration, btw
    Good point. The first and last of my comment still apply however.

Like the other day, someone posted “My client is updating.” Is this a joke I’m not getting, or did someone honestly believe the community would benefit from being informed “I am counting pixels my monitor. I will keep you updated of meaningful developments.” There’s got to me something I’m missing here, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    Cordo was likely posting at the same time as Loromir. Cordo just clicked submit first. Two minutes isn't really that big a stretch for overlap in the forums.

Nice, speedy turn-around time on the game restoration, btw
    Cordo does this on purpose to make people look bad.*

*Disclaimer: ...no he doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Finder of Garrison's Missing Sock Slanesh21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    2. Augments that had a broken binding state at the time of the patch but are either slotted inside of an item or in a bag when you log into the game for the first time following today's patch will remain in that state after being removed from the item or bag until you next log in. Once you relog with the augment in your inventory, the augment will return to its correct binding state.
    Are only augments bugged that were actually slotted into an item or do I have to pull out all my augments from my bag and logout/login to make sure they won't bug in the future?

P.S. The jeweler's tool kits from the coupon code don't stack with my other took kits.
    Last edited by Slanesh21; 11-19-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Community Member

Default Not covering my needs here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The game worlds have reopened.

For people impacted by an augment or augment item binding issue over the past two days, please read the following:

1. Items that currently have an incorrect binding status due to an augment being slotted into them prior to the patch will remain in that state unless the augment is unslotted. We are offering a free coupon for five Jeweler's Toolkits with the Coupon Code 5JEWELKIT, available to redeem once per account through Redeem Code in the DDO Store in-game. This coupon is available to redeem through November 27th, 2020.

2. Augments that had a broken binding state at the time of the patch but are either slotted inside of an item or in a bag when you log into the game for the first time following today's patch will remain in that state after being removed from the item or bag until you next log in. Once you relog with the augment in your inventory, the augment will return to its correct binding state.
    I have about 15 items impacted by it if not more. I spent hours just updating my gear to the new system. How about a few more kits? I don't have money to buy more kits, even on plat exchange. PS: still see the intim aug showing on buff bar. Only one I have seen so far.
    Last edited by Kerria; 11-19-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Community Member

Default All Day?

Quote Originally Posted by tankhealer View Post
    Again? I mean geez seems like day long down times every other day. I hate posting on forums and rarely if ever do but this is getting insane. I've played this game basically on and off from the start and I'm getting sick of the constant down times. You just had a long one Tuesday. Now all day again.

Can you not wait until next week and combine some of these down times???!!! Why not instead test your "fixes" more so you don't have to roll out a fix for a fix because this is basically what just happened. We get 2 extended down times in a week for fixes because your fix broke other stuff and its all from the **** expansion that offers nothing new but augment revamps that yall didn't even seem to test in the 1st place. IT's like EA is running SSG now and you don't care about quality just the rush for money on "new half baked unfinished and untested ****!"

TEST YOUR STUFF BEFORE YOU GIVE IT TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!

Lol, 4 hours is not all day. As a matter of fact, as 10 minutes after 11 this morning, the game finished updating for me and I was able to get in. I realize that it's frustrating but it is what it is and 2 hours, is far cry from all day. Be patient?

So, Master's Gift slotted items are still BTC and not transferable in reset BTA items.

Is this WAI? I use generic gear for levelling, stored in a bankbot, and five Jeweler's Too Kits doesn't seem anywhere near enough to get me out of this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Slanesh21 View Post
    Are only augments bugged that were actually slotted into an item or do I have to pull out all my augments from my bag and logout/login to make sure they won't bug in the future?

P.S. The jeweler's tool kits from the coupon code don't stack with my other took kits.
    The only items or augments that should have been in a broken state are ones that underwent the slotting process during the 2 day window between when the worlds came up on Tuesady for U48 Patch 1 and when they went down this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Justicesfury View Post
    So instead of playing, we get to sit and do all this to clean up your mess? Why don't you guy fix this stuff instead of dumping it on the players. Isn't it bad enough you took the game down and put it out wrong in the first place
    Yes, I apologize for the steps needed to manually resolve parts of this. We looked into what it would take to automatically resolve all items with broken binding status in place automatically and we determined that we could not safely get that out on a 1 day turnaround. We did not think it an option to let this sit through the weekend so the determination was made to use the method that we have here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerria View Post
    I have about 15 items impacted by it if not more. I spent hours just updating my gear to the new system. How about a few more kits? I don't have money to buy more kits, even on plat exchange.
    We knew it was likely that there would be a subset of players that ended up with more than 5 items impacted even during the relatively short window where this was possible to happen. As such, we've gotten Customer Service information on how to screen for items that were broken by this issue and they should be able to grant some additional tool kits to those who have more items impacted. The process may take some time to work through the queue, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlumsee View Post
    So, Master's Gift slotted items are still BTC and not transferable in reset BTA items.

Is this WAI? I use generic gear for levelling, stored in a bankbot, and five Jeweler's Too Kits doesn't seem anywhere near enough to get me out of this problem.
    Masters Gift is correctly Bound to Character. It is the only (maybe another couple I am just forgetting) augment that is intentionally bound to character.

For your second question please refer to my answer directly above this.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 11-19-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    Good point. The first and last of my comment still apply however.

Like the other day, someone posted “My client is updating.” Is this a joke I’m not getting, or did someone honestly believe the community would benefit from being informed “I am counting pixels my monitor. I will keep you updated of meaningful developments.” There’s got to me something I’m missing here, no?
    Yes....you are missing something.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

I have about 15 items impacted by it if not more. I spent hours just updating my gear to the new system. How about a few more kits? I don't have money to buy more kits, even on plat exchange. PS: still see the intim aug showing on buff bar. Only one I have seen so far.
    I agree - I completely upgraded two sets of leveling gear totaling either 12 or 14 augments. 5 seems like a poke in the eye.

--UPDATE--
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    The only items or augments that should have been in a broken state are ones that underwent the slotting process during the 2 day window between when the worlds came up on Tuesady for U48 Patch 1 and when they went down this morning.
    I just saw this - and I'm stashing my pitchfork. Given the two day window, 5 seems reasonable and your CS request for more should help.
    Last edited by ChicagoChris; 11-19-2020 at 12:06 PM.
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Planner Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Community Member

Thumbs up Thank you for listening

"We knew it was likely that there would be a subset of players that ended up with more than 5 items impacted even during the relatively short window where this was possible to happen. As such, we've gotten Customer Service information on how to screen for items that were broken by this issue and they should be able to grant some additional tool kits to those who have more items impacted. The process may take some time to work through the queue, however."
    Thank you. I can wait for now. Just let us know how to get it done once you have the details worked out.

Community Member

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but this is still broken for me / many of my slotted items. I have multiple items that STILL show the old augment appearance, have old augments in them, and when I try to use the Jewels Kit on them or move them into the Augment mini-window, the game client tells me 'you cannot augment this item because it does not contain any augment slots'.

I am sure it is just me doing something wrong, but am not sure what else to try...

SkarrLorn

"We knew it was likely that there would be a subset of players that ended up with more than 5 items impacted even during the relatively short window where this was possible to happen. As such, we've gotten Customer Service information on how to screen for items that were broken by this issue and they should be able to grant some additional tool kits to those who have more items impacted. The process may take some time to work through the queue, however."
    Thank you. I can wait for now. Just let us know how to get it done once you have the details worked out.
    Customer service has what they need to be able to process these requests currently. I was just saying that after submitting a ticket I can't commit to an exact timeframe as to when CS will be able to get to it as I don't yet know how many people will be in the same state of having more broken items.

You can submit a ticket here and let them know which items are still affected.

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Masters Gift is correctly Bound to Character. It is the only (maybe another couple I am just forgetting) augment that is intentionally bound to character.
    Um, what???

I've placed items with MG's slotted on them in my shared bank forever - well, at least since you introduced racial past lives. I currently have 4 items in my shared bank with MG's on them.

Is this WAI or will this be changed in the future?
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Planner Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Question

Yes, I apologize for the steps needed to manually resolve parts of this. We looked into what it would take to automatically resolve all items with broken binding status in place automatically and we determined that we could not safely get that out on a 1 day turnaround. We did not think it an option to let this sit through the weekend so the determination was made to use the method that we have here.

We knew it was likely that there would be a subset of players that ended up with more than 5 items impacted even during the relatively short window where this was possible to happen. As such, we've gotten Customer Service information on how to screen for items that were broken by this issue and they should be able to grant some additional tool kits to those who have more items impacted. The process may take some time to work through the queue, however.

For your second question please refer to my answer directly above this.
    Hi,

I have reported this issue on Sunday - Request #150608.

The issue was present for more than a few days but I didn't want to raise a ticket unless I was sure that issue was not only related to crafted items.

After today's patch I have tried to put the same items in bank - it did not work.
    I have un-slotted them - logged off, slotted again it was not bankable ( shared bank ) then I have logged off and tried one more time - it did not work.

If you need any more input from mine side feel free to pm me.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    Um, what???

I've placed items with MG's slotted on them in my shared bank forever - well, at least since you introduced racial past lives. I currently have 4 items in my shared bank with MG's on them.

Is this WAI or will this be changed in the future?
    This is true I can confirm that I have crafted before patch changes ring and slotted it with VOM and that worked as expected until then. I have issue that item is not being declared as BtA while it is being treated as BtC.
    Last edited by maha0201; 11-19-2020 at 12:06 PM.
    Thelanis -> D 20bbn (TR 1) | H 11rgr/7mnk/2ftr+2 (TR 1) | K 20bbn+3 (TR 3) | K 15pal/3mnk/2ftr (TR 1) | M 20+1 fvs (TR 2) | S 8mnk/12pal (TR 2)
    Gimped -> B 20wiz | Work in progress -> B (TR 1) 6rgr/6bbn/1rog | B (TR2) 14fs I drop BB; I don't HJEEEAL (:

Quote Originally Posted by BloodWynn View Post
    Maybe I am doing something wrong, but this is still broken for me / many of my slotted items. I have multiple items that STILL show the old augment appearance, have old augments in them, and when I try to use the Jewels Kit on them or move them into the Augment mini-window, the game client tells me 'you cannot augment this item because it does not contain any augment slots'.

I am sure it is just me doing something wrong, but am not sure what else to try...

SkarrLorn
    The issue that this mornings patch resolved had to do with augments slotted since tuesday of this week.

The issue you are describing is the conversion process of old augments slotted into items at the launch of U48 two weeks ago. The release notes for Update 48 detail what to do with those if you would like to unslot them.

"Any item that has an Augment slotted into an augment slot when you log in after the update will work exactly as it had before the update unless you choose to intervene and unslot that augment using a "Legacy Augment Unslotter". Legacy Augment Unslotters are a new item that is sold at House Cannith crafting halls and with Raef Larksong, the General Vendor in the center of the Stormreach Marketplace, which allows you to remove augments from legacy style augment slots and, in the process, convert the legacy style augment slot and the augment to work in the new augment system. To use a Legacy Augment Unslotter do the following:

1. Double Click on the Legacy Augment Unslotter
    2. Drag the item that you wish to unslot a legacy augment from
    3. Select which Legacy Augment you would like to unslot
    4. Click "Unslot Augment"
    5. Log Out
    6. Log Back in"

Default Items losing augment slots

Has anyone else had this issue? I have a bank toon which holds loot gen items with empty augment slots to use for crafting. Some items were in character inventory, some were in character bank. Now many of those items, mostly non-weapons, have lost their slots. Any advice?
    Khyber ~ HitandRun ~ Linedrive ~ Longball ~ Doubleplay

Quote Originally Posted by GuruWarrior View Post
    Has anyone else had this issue? I have a bank toon which holds loot gen items with empty augment slots to use for crafting. Some items were in character inventory, some were in character bank. Now many of those items, mostly non-weapons, have lost their slots. Any advice?
    No items in your character bank are updated. You need to drag them to your character's inventory and relog to see the slots.
    Khyber: Nimrud (caster), Tadko (tank), Yayamee (monk), Healingonly (melee FvS), Almeya (trapper), Groggor (barb), Feneya (monkcher), Zornix and some others
    Hardcore season 1: AveDarkLord (5k fav)

Quote Originally Posted by GuruWarrior View Post
    If this was your first time removing them from the shared bank since update 48 then relog with them in your inventory.

Even if not, doing so would be a good first check.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast