Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Augment Slot Binding Issues: Wednesday, November 18th

Slotting an augment is currently erroneously binding the item it is slotted into, and removing a slotted augment is causing the augment to become Bound to Character improperly. We are currently working on a fix. In the meantime, do not slot or unslot augments.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Slotting an augment is currently erroneously binding the item it is slotted into, and removing a slotted augment is causing the augment to become Bound to Character improperly. We are currently working on a fix. In the meantime, do not slot or unslot augments.
    lol
    Main toons: IronThatcher (tank & box breaker for inquisitives), Mehhh (ranger)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    I am the dumb.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    lol
    +1

Already did on a couple of items with the new augment system... it seems that it's not consistent though. In case it helps;
    - Symbol of the slave lords with endurance set bonus - blue slot sapphire of false life +18, green slot topaz of fear immunity - goes into shared bank
    - coat of the traveller - blue slot protection +4 - goes into shared bank
    - echo of blackrazor - orange slot ruby of acid 3d6, red slot ruby of shock 3d6, item displays BtoA but states BtoC on trying to put into shared bank
    - echo of whelm - orange slot meteoric star ruby, red slot ruby of acid 3d6 - goes into shared bank
    - stone shoes - yellow slot topaz of swiftness 5% - goes into shared bank
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Woot woot!

Thank you very much!

Community Member

Messed up a few items before learning about this. But unslotting the augments with the legeacy item seemed to gimme my augment back and make the item bta again. Maybe I just got lucky.
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack

Hardcore bozos - Koganei, Hoid

Don't touch it! Don't... you touched it.
    The Basics of DDO / "Select Adventure Pack" Sales & "How to choose an Adventure Pack"

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." Bill Murray

Community Member

How about some Jeweller's Toolkits as recompense for slotting and un-slotting augments; trying, in vain, to solve the issue - they aren't cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by thedip View Post
    How about some Jeweller's Toolkits as recompense for slotting and un-slotting augments; trying, in vain, to solve the issue - they aren't cheap!
    This X10
    Shiz - Ghallanda
    Shizmonkey (OG Grand Poo-Bah of R.O.G.U.E. 1st edition) and other various ShizAlts
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Quatre

Default Legacy Unslotter

Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    Messed up a few items before learning about this. But unslotting the augments with the legeacy item seemed to gimme my augment back and make the item bta again. Maybe I just got lucky.
    Legacy unslotter worked for me as well on a +2 Festive Int augment.
    Paganus ~ Keltis ~ Albannach ~ Kianos ~ Milkstache
    Bloodlords ~ Argonnessen
    “I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.” - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by thedip View Post

it's fair to pay beta testers. in this case, the whole ddo population. sorry ssg but this time it is really so.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    it's fair to pay beta testers. in this case, the whole ddo population. sorry ssg but this time it is really so.
    This is so true!

They think that enough people will play on Lamania server and tell them what is broken. People who play on Lamania are just looking to play new stuff for free and for fun. Rather than hiring people to really test everything they just dump it on the community.

So what happens now to the people who slotted or unslotted stuff already?

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    lol
    So ... too many people were greedy to use the new augment system even although it was clearly showing some isues (having to log out and log in again ?)

Now ... that's what you get when boing impatient ... like walking over a fresh ( read : not yet hardened ) street patch made of concrete and afterwards ranting about the fresh concrete patch having your footmarks in it ( and your shoes being dirty ) ?
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    So ... too many people were greedy to use the new augment system ...
    "Greedy" is not a fair judgement, not remotely. "Over-anxious" at worst, and even that is probably unfair. Unfortunately, "too trusting" might be more appropriate, or even "naive", given the track record of updates. :/
    The Basics of DDO / "Select Adventure Pack" Sales & "How to choose an Adventure Pack"

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." Bill Murray

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    So ... too many people were greedy to use the new augment system even although it was clearly showing some isues (having to log out and log in again ?)

Now ... that's what you get when boing impatient ... like walking over a fresh ( read : not yet hardened ) street patch made of concrete and afterwards ranting about the fresh concrete patch having your footmarks in it ( and your shoes being dirty ) ?
    yeah, there really are occasions where being a bumbling and incompetent old fool pays off, but there are not that many outside of DDO.

Community Member

Default Any News?

What's the latest on this bug? I can't even unslot the feywild items that became BTC.

Quote Originally Posted by CYDric View Post
    What's the latest on this bug? I can't even unslot the feywild items that became BTC.
    it was solved.. like... the day after:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...stern-(-5-GMT)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malex View Post
    it was solved.. like... the day after:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...stern-(-5-GMT)
    They didn't fix my problem. the unslotters don't work on my items.

Quote Originally Posted by CYDric View Post
    They didn't fix my problem. the unslotters don't work on my items.
    Which unslotter are you using?

Community Member

Default How Long ???

I did a ticket to CS in November. I got the standard generated reply to which I replied and nothing back since then. I have items bound to character and not right level anymore. How long should I wait for an answer. I know they are swamped but an ETA would be nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast