View Poll Results: Which would you choose as the next DDO paid expansion?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Isle of Dread

11 18.03%
  • Planescape/Astral Plane

15 24.59%
  • City of Waterdeep/Undermountain/Skullport

15 24.59%
  • Something Else (indicate below)

20 32.79%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The Next DDO Expansion!

It's not too early to begin to discuss future plans. The Fables of the Feywild is great, but there are at least several more notable locations I would enjoy seeing added to DDO someday.

Waterdeep would be cool but I would love to see Exandria though I can't imagine that ever happening and have it voiced by Matthew Mercer! OMG it would be amazing!

Stoner81.

Community Member

It would be kinda cool to have some real travel on an overland map.. Like being able to travel from city to city on horse back. I know it sucked and it took time to travel from city to city in Everquest, but that is a feature that kind of kept you in the reality of how bif the world your in was. It would be kind of neat to travel from Waterdeep to the surrounding other cities or up north to Neverwinter, Luskan and Icewind Dale etc.. venture into the spine of the world mountains or down south all the way to Calimport. I know its too much for an old game like this, but it would be fun if the world opened up like that.

Well, they've already said they're working on Isle of Dread...

After that, I would still love Planescape as a major new hub.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

Is The Isle of Dread being actively developed as the next new expansion in 18-24 months or is it just being planned?

pretty sure they said they can't do waterdeep, as another game has the rights, which is the same reason they can't expand further into greyhawk with hommlet.

they are also already doing isle of dread, but after that here's what I think would be nice.

Years ago there was a raid listed in game that was never released or previewed called "It Came From the Desert". Eveningstar and the Stormhorns are on the northern most reaches of Cormyr. The last two expansions were preceded by lost at sea for sharn, and a small chain for feywild. THIS would have you sent to an outpost being overwhelmed by "something". The chain would be largely investigative leading to a raid "It Came From the Desert". The proper expansion would be set in the Anauroch desert. It would have a massive and sprawling wilderness with multiple hubs. It would be larger than Barovia, and in addition to rare enemy fights, would have pseudo quest encounters like Rebels of the Underground from the High Road. There would also be side quests not a part of the overarching chain, like the optional quests in Feywild. The rare encounter and pseudo quest chests would have a small chance to drop loot.

The people would be incredibly diverse. Remnants of the fallen Netherese empire, desert nomads, monsterous humanoids, hell maybe kobolds revering a blue dragon could be one of the locations.

It would be a great chance to add many new monsters. Nomads and traders might have to be wary of laertis. In a large trade town a rich merchant might have a dragonne as a pet. There could be people enthralled by a powerful lamia. If such a thing were to be, my biggest hope would be the new creatures are "new" and not retextured assets.

I know it'll never happen - but I still fantasize about experiencing Expedition to the Barrier Peaks.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    The original Hobby Shop

Miss me with your non-Eberron suggestions, thanks.

Community Member

Perhaps an actual expansion and not another Borderlands 2.0 with a different color palette.

Community Member

Default Bug Fix Expansion

How about a bug fix expansion where they spend some time fixing long standing issues. I'd love to be able to climb a ladder reliably, run Shroud without rubberbanding at several points, have quests break for strange and unknown reasons, or have to look at glitchy graphics while moving or just standing still.

Not trying to derail, but what if rather than expanding to a new area...they expanded a current area or storyline...what would you pick?

I would love Reaver's Reach to be epic-fied because the quests there were just amazing and Stealer of Souls was one of the true "tests" back in th day.

I remember when I finally got an Elite Completion for Stealer of Souls with a small group of 4 and it felt epic.

Would love to see these quests revamped and the slayer areas (there were 3) expanded and perhaps some quests added into that pack. Also maybe make these quests mid epic like level 24>26?

Also the Dragontouched Armor revamped for Epic? Would be nice to have some new level 24 Armor to carry me/us to 29 when we swap to Ravenloft or Sharn.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    Not trying to derail, but what if rather than expanding to a new area...they expanded a current area or storyline...what would you pick?

I would love Reaver's Reach to be epic-fied because the quests there were just amazing and Stealer of Souls was one of the true "tests" back in th day.

I remember when I finally got an Elite Completion for Stealer of Souls with a small group of 4 and it felt epic.

Would love to see these quests revamped and the slayer areas (there were 3) expanded and perhaps some quests added into that pack. Also maybe make these quests mid epic like level 24>26?

Also the Dragontouched Armor revamped for Epic? Would be nice to have some new level 24 Armor to carry me/us to 29 when we swap to Ravenloft or Sharn.
    I'd like to see a House Tharashk enclave added to Stormreach, together with a related adventure pack. There's so many related playable races and so many friendly non-player race NPC's hanging around Stormreach now. They need a place to stay.

Something with lots of insect-NPCs. Then SSG could legitimately wave off all complaints about all the bugs in the new expansion.

Community Member

I know it won't happen but...
    Sigil!
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...te-Threat-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Please set the minimum to a negative number so some classes can generate love. There is too much hate in the world.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post

I'd love RR and shavarath even more
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...te-Threat-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Please set the minimum to a negative number so some classes can generate love. There is too much hate in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

There were working on Isle of Dread, we don't know if they still are. Just like they were working on Anauroch but that never happened.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    It's not too early to begin to discuss future plans.
    How about they fix the current expansion before we move our infinitesimally short attention spans onto the the next shiny object that enters our peripheral vision? It’s almost as though people get bored with something the instant they know it exists.

Yeah, that thing they have planned but haven’t even made yet? I knew about that, and I’m already bored with it. Tell me about something I don’t have yet. Then build it, throw it out, and make me something else. Whatever you’re about to say, I’m already disinterested. Skip it and say the next thing instead. Why is everyone and everything so booring?

You know, there might be a silver lining here: If people get bored with their toys the instant they have them, why don’t we just publish “upcoming release notes,” let people get excited about the new loot that’s coming, then, because we know they’ll tire of it instantly, don’t even bother making it. Just publish another list of “upcoming loot.” Think of the reductions in development time and bug fixes! Genius!!
    Last edited by Evean; 11-08-2020 at 07:10 AM.

I would just be happy with the XP being level 25.

Clwarly that would require them to revamp their system to allow epic + legendary instead of the current heroic + epic /legendary.

But there is a massive gear and (less important) gear hole (black hole even) there and would cont the trend of a big gear spike every 5 levels.
    Of Course I can CC - Death is a form of CC.
    My other character is a triple everything completionist.

Talking Planscape but also Athas

A portal to Athas has opened in the demon sands . do DARKSUN please . also planescape could be be supper so cool I voted for that . I never got a chance to play planescape but it seems interesting . what is the best way to learn about planscape ? literature suggestions?

Community Member

Another possibility that I wouldn't think would take that much doing would be to give us difficulty levels for existing Explorer/Rares/Slayers areas.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast