Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

Exclamation New Augment System is Binding BTA items to Character

The new augment system needs a patch to deal with augments binding account-bound items to characters that slot them

I think its safe to say - everyone please add below - all augments should be bound to account

there is NO need for bound to character augments ruining bound to account items.

Its bad enough artifacts are bound to character and any HTR / RTR is a nightmare for my 14-year-old toon who
    has so many bound to character items it's nauseating.

Bound to Character is an old - meta turbine era mid-2000s video game thing- DDO is not in a place with its limited
    bank space and lag doing anything to carry a burdensome antiquated mechanic.

Just make every augment that needs to be bound, bound to account, please.

Thanks to this new update my main cant use the master's gift augment I've had for years because I moved it on a low-level storage toon and now the low-level storage toon I will never play has it stuck to them.

And its not like Master's Gifts are easy to remake.

And I use my Master's Gift augment all the time TRing moving it around to different trinkets as I level.

And I'm ready to TR but now I can't

I am BEYOND frustrated.
    Last edited by Dark_Lord_Mary; 11-06-2020 at 02:41 AM.

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

I cannot RTR tonight ike I was planning - I have to go do something else because there's literally nothing I can do to fix it. My Master's gift augment is stuck on a low-level storage alt I'll never play.

literally no solutions I can think of - can anyone think of a solution to move it?

*Crying*

Maybe a real-life displacer beast could just slap me with a tentacle, that might help.
    Last edited by Dark_Lord_Mary; 11-06-2020 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    I cannot RTR tonight ike I was planning - I have to go do something else because there's literally nothing I can do to fix it. My Master's gift augment is stuck on a low-level storage alt I'll never play.

literally no solutions I can think of - can anyone think of a solution to move it?

*Crying*

Maybe a real-life displacer beast could just slap me with a tentacle, that might help.
    @lynn @devs @coco @steelstar

Pls :c

Might be item specific.

Just unslotted, upgraded and re-slotted my "Memory of Hiding in Darkness" Docent on my HC toon waiting to move and it is still BTA.

I slotted a Heavy Fort augment in there.

Was the augment itself BTC maybe? I am going to log on to my main and clean up my Masters Gift as well and see what happens. I have it on some goggles that I am pretty sure are not bound.

I will post back and let you know what I find.
    I wish i could press snowflakes in a book like flowers.
    Some people are like glow sticks. You just wanna snap 'em and then shake the heck out of them until the lights come on.

100% both my masters gifts augments are now BTC. Not sure if they were pre-patch but the items they were on were BTA and still were after unslotting.

Re-slotting Masters Gift though left the item BTA however.

Logged off and back on and the goggles are still BTA even though the masters gift was BTC.

Great I was thinking that would be good.... UNTIL I tried to put it in my shared bank. When placing in my shared bank I got the warning that I couldn't but BTC items into the shared bank.

So definitely have an issue, at least with the masters gift augment.

Going to try with a heavy fort (not showing bound) and see what happens.
    Some people are like glow sticks. You just wanna snap 'em and then shake the heck out of them until the lights come on.

Heavy Fort augment didn't cause the bind status to change (was BTA remained BTA).

Adding Masters Gift Augment to the item made it BTC though the item still displays as BTA.

x2 checking the Masters Gift Augment was always BTC but pre re-vamp it DID NOT change the bind status of items.

SSG can we get a comment in here about this change? Is it unintended consequence but WAI moving forward or something that can / will be addressed in a future patch?

Community Member

I unslotted a master's gift from a BtA trinket, logged out/in to update to the new augment system, then reslotted it.

The item still says "Bound to Account".

However, seeing this thread, I went to actually test it out.

I cannot move the trinket into the shared bank, because it says the item is bound to character.

To experiment, I used a Jeweler's toolkit to remove the augment. This indeed restores the BtA status of the trinket, as it could be moved to the shared bank.

The issue here is that Master's Gift augments now cause the item to be BtC (as actually stated in the item description), but this is a backwards step in quality of life because it artificially creates more BtC items which bogs down the TR cache even further and prevents sharing BtA items with alts.

In addition, this forces a player with alts to farm Greater tokens on each character.

Please convert Master's Gift augments to BtA.

Community Member

Default Known Issues: Augments are not currently recognizing their binding status when slotte

from the release notes for update 48:

Known Issues:
    Augments are not currently recognizing their binding status when slotted into an item. Players should not expect to be able to trade items with Augments in them that have a Bound to Account binding state, and this will be fixed in the next patch.
    There is not currently a Saga for Fables of the Feywild, but we intend to debut a Saga in the near future.

Tried a couple other items.

Absolutely the BtC nature of the Masters Gift is now applying to, but not displaying on, the item regardless of the item's bind status.

Fortunately I read this thread and have done ALL manipulating on the toon that I actually wanted to have the item but this is for sure a QoL decrease.

Yes I know that the Master's Gift has always been BtC.

For years, since it has existed as an augment, you could put it in a BTA item and pass it amongst your alts. To make a change on this without a heads up to the community is pretty uncool.

Again I haven't been burned but the OP has, as will others I am sure.

Finder of Garrison's Missing Sock Slanesh21's Avatar

Angry

I'm also stuck with 3 BtA items with augments that are no longer going into the shared bank ("You cannot put bound-to-character items in your account bank").

The U48 release notes from November 4th state:
    Augments are not currently recognizing their binding status when slotted into an item. Players should not expect to be able to trade items with Augments in them that have a Bound to Account binding state, and this will be fixed in the next patch.
    So I expected Update 48.1 to fix this issue but it didn't. Although U48.1 release notes do not list the known issues anymore.

Could someone from SSG please give some insights when we'll be able to store away our shinies and reincarnate again?

Its time for Master's Gift to become BTA anyway. For goodness sake the Epic Voice is BTA, the Pale Green Ioun stone is BTA, there is zero reason left for neither Voice of the Master nor Master's Gift to be BTC any longer except tradition.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

There is almost no reason for any item to be BTC unless it would make it possible to dupe items (for example if you receive a specific item on every character creation).
    The reasons for having BTA items outweigh in my opinion by far the reasons for any BTC status for items.
    BTC is a relict from the past where no account bank was available in DDO!
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    There is almost no reason for any item to be BTC unless it would make it possible to dupe items (for example if you receive a specific item on every character creation).
    The reasons for having BTA items outweigh in my opinion by far the reasons for any BTC status for items.
    BTC is a relict from the past where no account bank was available in DDO!
    No BTC or BTA augments. With perhaps the exception of the Master's Gift.

I'm not happy I just dropped cash for the max. tier Fey package to have this sitution with augments to deal with since I'm a heavy augment user.

I haven't had a chance to play the new content, because my DDO time goes to this situation. I've only had time to deal with 7 accounts on my home server and may just have to abandon the rest of the servers for awhile until I get my home server sorted. I have 17 accounts and well over 100 toons on my home server not counting the rest of the DDO multiverse.

I'd rather be playing the new content than spending my time fixing gearing issues and playing the DDO inventory game because of this situation.

I still love you DDO, I'm just a grumpy cat about this right now.

It seems the Master's Gift was always BTC, but could be traded once slotted into a BTA item.

*unpopular opinion* Honestly, I can see how this is now WAI. BTC items should be BTC, no matter what. Putting a BTC item in a BTA item in order to pass it seems like it can fall into the "exploit" realm.
    Member: Circle of Night
    Magic is a curious thing; full of hope and promise one minute, then someone summons a t-rex jet fighter to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Logicman69 View Post
    It seems the Master's Gift was always BTC, but could be traded once slotted into a BTA item.

*unpopular opinion* Honestly, I can see how this is now WAI. BTC items should be BTC, no matter what. Putting a BTC item in a BTA item in order to pass it seems like it can fall into the "exploit" realm.
    This is what it boils down to. The Above note stating that it was going to be fixed was a heads up for anyone to get it off a toon they couldn't use before it was fixed. Not saying it's fair or people should be happy about it etc just that bottom line it was an exploit that has been fixed.

That being said i've advocated for getting rid of BTC on MOST items for a long time it shouldn't exist on an item with out a REALLY good reason (Such as Iconic gear not having proper assets for other races to wear them although I would rather see them limited to X races wearing them since I know some races other the iconics would likely be compatible.). If the devs didn't mean to do this and want to remove the BTC and replace it it BTA i'm all for it and just hope they do the same with MANY other items. I'm not against BTA but BTC is just a disaster in the current environment on so many levels. However if they choose to leave it BTC then it SHOULDN't be transferable under any circumstances.
    Last edited by caberonia; 11-18-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    Sarlona- Fistalis, Caberonia, Kerlik, Mashbirs, Molleck, Burrthistle, Enlitened, Rotheril, Maginos, Urrock, Talathis- Scholars of Aureon

Community Manager

We are actively investigating this issue and will have more information.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

It will cost money, but you could use a wish of inheritance.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are actively investigating this issue and will have more information.
    Keep looking...its still happening

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post

there is NO need for bound to character augments ruining bound to account items.

Its bad enough artifacts are bound to character and any HTR / RTR is a nightmare for my 14-year-old toon who
    has so many bound to character items it's nauseating.

Bound to Character is an old - meta turbine era mid-2000s video game thing- DDO is not in a place with its limited
    bank space and lag doing anything to carry a burdensome antiquated mechanic.
    /signed

Please remove BTC or seriously increase BTC storage to make TRing less of a pain.

Community Manager

Check important info here if you were affected: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6380451
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast