Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default The raid is now locked?

I run a lot of raids, and from what I recall, only two raids indicate in clear text on your screen when the raid is locked - Fire on Thunder Peak and Temple of the Deathwyrm. I would love it if all raids did this, to clearly indicate to the party that they have now locked the raid from entry. This would allow for a quicker restart if someone locked the raid early or someone got locked out. Or better yet, you have an lfm up, but you didn't realise you had locked the raid and you're waiting for someone who can't enter - happened once for me in the Strahd raid. We assumed the raid locks when you start the first fight, but the lockout is actually when you enter the room where the first fight happens.
    Read my blog: Micki's Delirium
    Follow me: @DDOMicki (Twitter) Thazara Of Orien (YouTube) DDOMicki (Twitch)
    Join Orien Raiding: Orien Raiding Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Micki View Post
    I run a lot of raids, and from what I recall, only two raids indicate in clear text on your screen when the raid is locked - Fire on Thunder Peak and Temple of the Deathwyrm. I would love it if all raids did this, to clearly indicate to the party that they have now locked the raid from entry. This would allow for a quicker restart if someone locked the raid early or someone got locked out. Or better yet, you have an lfm up, but you didn't realise you had locked the raid and you're waiting for someone who can't enter - happened once for me in the Strahd raid. We assumed the raid locks when you start the first fight, but the lockout is actually when you enter the room where the first fight happens.
    As a heads-up for Strahd in particular, the Raid isn't locked until someone clicks on the door, sees the text "After any player goes through this door, the Raid will be locked and no further entries permitted" (which gets replicated to the chat log), and clicks "Proceed into the Crypts".
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    As a heads-up for Strahd in particular, the Raid isn't locked until someone clicks on the door, sees the text "After any player goes through this door, the Raid will be locked and no further entries permitted" (which gets replicated to the chat log), and clicks "Proceed into the Crypts".
    Thank you, but is this just an indication that is shown to the first player to click on the door and in general chat? No info is shown to the rest of the raid party?

Like said above, I would love it if all raids said "the raid is now locked" or "raid locked", when you pass that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    I wonder for what reason you lock raids at all (and not every raid has these lockouts just most) is it because you want players to reenter after a total wipe?
    Wouldnt it makes more sense if you just not allow players to reenter the raid and not lock out new raid members/latecomers and if you want to prevent more than 12 characters to participate in a raid you can certainly also detect that.
    I know this is certainly a bit harder to code than just a lockout after you did a dialogue but it would be a better solution if my assumption is right.
    But maybe you have other reasons I dont see.

The same basically for reaper difficulty it is not really cool when you enter a reaper quest with let's say 3 characters and then one of them leaves suddenly for no reason and then no one else can join.
    Also here the restriction should be a maximum of 6 (or 12 for a raid) characters ever entered the quest and no one reentered it (the reenter with the character name you can obviously detect because the exp report shows it)
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    I wonder for what reason you lock raids at all (and not every raid has these lockouts just most) is it because you want players to reenter after a total wipe?
    When Fire on Thunder Peak was released it didn't lock, and players would release, go repair and heal up and reenter refreshed. I can see why the devs don't want players doing that in raids. Like you can't summon a repair shop in a raid.

Community Member

When Fire on Thunder Peak was released it didn't lock, and players would release, go repair and heal up and reenter refreshed. I can see why the devs don't want players doing that in raids. Like you can't summon a repair shop in a raid.
    They also probably dont want people joining with alts right at the end just to get extra chest rolls

If raids didn't lock, then you could recall/teleport out (at least on non-reaper difficulties), and regain all your SP and boosts. Do not want.
    Khyber: Kobeyashi | Ying. R10 or bust.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I wonder for what reason you lock raids at all
    It's an "industry standard" now. Even SP offline games have arena-like locked boss-fights (Drakensang 2, for example).
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

I wonder for what reason you lock raids at all
    I'd also assume to prevent raid-farming sales: bring 10 timers, send us $5, and walk in for 10 completions in 10 minutes.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    I'd also assume to prevent raid-farming sales: bring 10 timers, send us $5, and walk in for 10 completions in 10 minutes.
    How would that work? You still need to be inside the raid when the chest is opened to get loot, or inside the raid when it completes to get completion. You can't even if the raid doesn't lock, pick up the raid after completion step in to get completion.

Some lockout message for the whole group would be very nice, good idea.
    It is not only raids but quests, too. It is possible to lockout from Xorian Xypher after the 1st half and VoN 4 too, iirc.

If it is not too inconvinient, please make it so.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

How would that work? You still need to be inside the raid when the chest is opened to get loot, or inside the raid when it completes to get completion. You can't even if the raid doesn't lock, pick up the raid after completion step in to get completion.
    So my group of peeps 3-mans a bunch of raids at the same time (with multiboxes) almost to completion (tank boss, hide behind pillar, DC, w/e to not finish). Then, we invite 9 paying customers into the first raid, finish/loot it; then they exit, Bypass, invite to the next party - enter>finish>loot second raid; repeat a bunch.

Now not only is it an IRL transaction issue, a fraud issue, a ToS issue, and there's a bunch of people paying to get raid items/runes/etc and they don't even need to know how to run the raid. Definition of P2W lol.

Sure, if it's Deathwyrm it's a sorta pointless option as you'd still have to walk the customers; or THTH where AFAIK nobody is 3-manning it; but like Baba, or PN, or FotP - you start basically at the boss fight, and there's plenty of people who can 3-man (or 4, w/e) those.

-------

Do I think it'd be an immediate issue? Not really. Would I figure out how to do this if I could charge $20/customer to 9 people every 3 days? Probably lol. I'd enjoy the challenge/fun of 3-man raids for a few months while getting paid, and there's far grindier people out there than I am.

-------

Who'd do such a thing? Well, historically in the gaming community there have been quite a few farming incidents; often with well-off customers paying for the time of third-world gamers who are using it as supplemental income or even as their main job. It's part of why there's no global chat in DDO - we have functionally no gold spammers etc because of it.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    bunch of words
    Occam's Razor says otherwise.
    Khyber: Kobeyashi | Ying. R10 or bust.