Community Manager

Default New DDO Market temporarily unavailable: Thursday, October 22nd

The new DDO Market has reopened.

The new DDO Market is temporarily unavailable. We will keep you updated.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 10-22-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

That'll learn me for not picking it up right away.

Is this a "we expect it to be available by the weekend" type thing or a "maybe sometime in the future"?

I really have to learn to never wait for payday...

Community Manager

The new DDO Market is once again available.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Default Trying to re up subscription

As the title says, my sub ran out today and when I choose account upgrades from the character select screen nothing happens and it closes the launcher. Any ideas how I can re sub some other way?

Default Attempting to open DDO Store crashes client

Update: DDO Store working again....logged into differrent toon, and now all is fine...
    (Thanks, Covid).

Edit: Update to my update: Seems like every time restart the client, i need to 1st start in a different toon, then back to my main before the store will open...If only i could find a link to submit a bug to SS...

Edit: Updated my client yesterday or the day before (whenever it occured) and Store was working fine then)
    This crashing client on Store open just started today...

Happens every time: no matter if i use my shortcut keys (CTRL+S), or click on a link to visit the Store from within the UI (e.g., replenish shards in my Inventory panel), my client immedietly closes... no warning, no error message, just 'blip'!

Edit: Also, I found that using the 'Buy Upgrades' link in the Login screen does prompt to 'Open Store in browser' and does launch the store (and does NOT kill the client...However , since i'm not actually 'logged in as a character', the most I can buy is account-level upgrades...just as the link said. ).

Known?
    LooseCannon
    Last edited by SpritesDaddyo; 10-22-2020 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Clarification, add't info
    LooseCannon, SargentMajor, FooManChoo...Oldies but Goodies

Community Member

Will you move the new expansion to old market after its released?
    Daybreak doesnt like my country.

Default Can't buy Expansion........

Me and my friends still can't buy the new Expansion on DDO.COM.
    We are using creditcards and it just get this text:

PURCHASE CANNOT BE COMPLETED
    We’re sorry, your purchase cannot be completed. Possible reasons for this may be:

You have previously purchased the item.
    This purchase cannot be applied to your subscription(s).
    Offer is no longer available for purchase at this time.
    We are currently experiencing technical difficulties.
    We are currently performing maintenance.

Notice, We are from Sweden.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by easterwhale View Post
    Will you move the new expansion to old market after its released?
    Daybreak doesnt like my country.
    We will be moving over to the new DDO Market in the future. I am sorry you have run into a payment issue. This is not being caused by our publisher, but depending on where you live it may be a requirement placed upon our payment processors from the current U.S. Department of Commerce.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We will be moving over to the new DDO Market in the future. I am sorry you have run into a payment issue. This is not being caused by our publisher, but depending on where you live it may be a requirement placed upon our payment processors from the current U.S. Department of Commerce.
    But we never hade any issues befor to buy any Expansion, and we dont have any problem with Subs in DDO....

Since it looks like a widespread issue across many countries, where some can’t complete the purchase whilst other can I think you can rule that out...

How can I change payment method after the first try? How can I edit the card used on the market?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bnsfv View Post
    Me and my friends still can't buy the new Expansion on DDO.COM.
    We are using creditcards and it just get this text:

PURCHASE CANNOT BE COMPLETED
    We’re sorry, your purchase cannot be completed. Possible reasons for this may be:

You have previously purchased the item.
    This purchase cannot be applied to your subscription(s).
    Offer is no longer available for purchase at this time.
    We are currently experiencing technical difficulties.
    We are currently performing maintenance.

Notice, We are from Sweden.
    Hey
    I got same problem and im from Sweden. Used Mastercard.

Community Member

I am also unable to buy the expansion. I live in Australia, and I don't see why there would be issues processing payments from Australia. The in-game store has zero problems with my Australian credit card but somehow the new DDO Market can't deal with it... really?

The error message the market gives is deeply unhelpful and uninformative - its just a list of general possibilities, and none of them seem correct for me. There's no contact details or path for resolution provided either.

The market also will not let me try to re-order with a different payment method - it takes me straight to the error message rather than letting me go through the steps again.

Why is it so hard to buy the expansion? Why is there apparently so little concern about this? Last time I was on I asked my guildies who else had had issues with buying the expansion - all three who were online had had problems.

I was borderline on buying the expansion to begin with - there's only one raid in the expansion and the higher tier bundles don't have the same amount of (non-cosmetic) extra goodies as Sharn and RL did - this kind of difficulty in purchasing, which should be a simple process, is enough to make me give up.

When will the problems with the market be fixed?
    What support options are there in the mean time?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmGreen View Post
    I am also unable to buy the expansion. I live in Australia, and I don't see why there would be issues processing payments from Australia. The in-game store has zero problems with my Australian credit card but somehow the new DDO Market can't deal with it... really?
    I had the same issue.

Companies that don't take money from customers, not a great strategy.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmGreen View Post

The error message the market gives is deeply unhelpful and uninformative - its just a list of general possibilities, and none of them seem correct for me. There's no contact details or path for resolution provided either.

The market also will not let me try to re-order with a different payment method - it takes me straight to the error message rather than letting me go through the steps again.

Why is it so hard to buy the expansion? Why is there apparently so little concern about this? Last time I was on I asked my guildies who else had had issues with buying the expansion - all three who were online had had problems.

I was borderline on buying the expansion to begin with - there's only one raid in the expansion and the higher tier bundles don't have the same amount of (non-cosmetic) extra goodies as Sharn and RL did - this kind of difficulty in purchasing, which should be a simple process, is enough to make me give up.

When will the problems with the market be fixed?
    What support options are there in the mean time?
    Just tried to get the expansion as well and am in the same boat (in Australia). Will there be a way of getting it at any point?

The fact that this kind of info is provided by a player, and not SSG is "funny". The fact that it works, but none of these options are available from the new market after weeks of being non-functional makes me wonder how I keep fooling myself into giving you my money...
    Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    If you're having issues logging in to the store purchase page, and you use special characters/accents in your password, you might consider temporarilly adjusting your password to something "simpler" to log in there, complete purchase, and then revert back to your previous, more complex password. This seemed to work for some players.

For those stuck on the "Purchase cannot be completed" page, the PayPal bypass link appears to work for many. Make sure you select the edition you want first.

PayPal bypass link: https://account.daybreakgames.com/au...w!input.action

For those unable to complete the purchase via PayPal, this bypass link might work:

Payment Card bypass link: https://account.daybreakgames.com/au...d!input.action

(Make sure to right-click and "Copy link location/address" to get the full link, as the forum compresses it.)

If you're still having issues purchasing the expansion, and none of the workarounds address the issue (simpler password for login issues, no vpn, cleared cache, different browser, bypass link, and using an alternative form of payment), you may need to submit a ticket to account support and request a manual purchase with whatever card you have on file (you can add one via the in-game Store):

Submit ticket: https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new

-Bel

Default When will point codes be available?

So a guildie has not been able to buy points for over six months now, only on his primary account. Both of his alt accounts have no issues with buying points. He's been working with several folks, both SSG and the vendor, to no avail. We're ready to reincarnate, and need to buy a heart. I want to buy a point code to send to him, and what do I find? Point codes aren't available in the Marketplace. When will this be fixed?

LV
    Some think I'm a pain in the neck. Others have a lower opinion.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Palna View Post
    The fact that this kind of info is provided by a player, and not SSG is "funny". The fact that it works, but none of these options are available from the new market after weeks of being non-functional makes me wonder how I keep fooling myself into giving you my money...
    Thank you so much for posting this (and thanks to Belnavar as well)! I logged a ticket with SSG, they suggested trying another browser,clearing cache etc, and then when that didn't do anything they told me my ticket was on hold. However the paypal bypass link here worked without any issues. I can only echo your disbelief that this working information is coming from players not SSG and that I'm still buying the expansion after this terrible process and non existent customer support....