Minimum Level: 29
    • Enhanced Ki +3
    • Wisdom +21
    • Insightful Wisdom +10
    • Sheltering +55
    • Yellow Augment Slot
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Set Bonuses Eminence of Summer
    Okay I've been in game testing this loot for a while now........

There is too big of a need for wisdom items to restrict this to being a monk item while the sheltering attribute just isn't going to stack with the sheltering on the armors this pack also has.

Please consider replacing Enhanced Ki with Wisdom Skills +22 and Sheltering with Insightful Wisdom Skills +11

Just make enhanced Ki +3 a raid augment that drops in the raid

Guardiest guarder of guard-dom Yokido's Avatar

Why not make a wisdom cloak, perhaps from the wild hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    Please consider replacing Enhanced Ki with Wisdom Skills +22 and Sheltering with Insightful Wisdom Skills +11
    Hell no. That trinket is perfect as is. LGS +22/+11 insightful skills is readily available using just small and medium mats.

There are very few Sheltering items anymore. Raid loot is the appropriate place for it.

As for Enhanced Ki, there are a meager three items in the game with this ability. No one uses the bracers because they aren't itemized well with other gear options (The Cornerstone Champion is much better for Reinforced Fists, and provides Quality 5 stat). The DoJ goggles are showing their age, with all of the other abilities on it are eclipsed by other gear options, and compete with the evergreen Collective Sight. This trinket will finally allow monks to consider other handwraps besides Duality.

While Enhanced Ki may skew this in a monk's favor, the other three abilities are solid for many other builds. It's like Wildwood Wrists. Most people look at them and only see "this is a ranged item" because of the Doubleshot. However, three of the four abilities make it an excellent but often overlooked melee item as well.
    DPS solves all problems. R10 or bust. Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yokido View Post
    Why not make a wisdom cloak, perhaps from the wild hunt?
    A wisdom cloak would be nice but there seems to be no intention of releasing a raid cloak. What is currently undecided is the raid loot........

A wisdom cloak with those attributes would be great, if they were planning on making one, would prefer it to belong to the Autumn set.... but who knows, maybe we will get raid tier feytwisted items?

Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

Hey devs! any chance raid longbow could get an orange slot instead of purple? pulled a nice orange named aug I want to slot!

Its for Scourge of the Outsiders, figured it would be good for reapers on an endgame bow... are there even bows with orange slots?

edit: "are there even bows with orange slots?" found 4 serpentbranch, cheap shot, thunderforged and chaosbow

or maybe purple and orange, that was last seen on epic serpentbranch lvl25 bow
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 12-10-2020 at 09:24 PM.
    Ilmer Silverhilt, 36pt (Half) Elf Rogue13/Monk6/Fighter1. The Kighter
    Mesmerita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Can't talk, TR'ing!
    Acrobot, 36pt Gnome Banker/Puppet/Guildeader
    The Adventure Pack(200), Cannith. Join us!

(not currently) Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube

Community Member

No Raid Light Mace, and very few in the game at the moment, very disappointing!

Quote Originally Posted by choco1212 View Post
    No Raid Light Mace, and very few in the game at the moment, very disappointing!
    Agreed, Devs need to make more weapons ppl want to use, stop making kamas, darts, and sickles...nobody uses them.

Make more Light Maces, Morningstars, Mauls, Throwing daggers, shuriken, and Greatswords...all of these weapon types have 1 or fewer viable end game choices. (Greatsword technically has 2, but to hot to handle STILL isn't accessible to the average player.) Yet all of these weapon styles are viable at endgame.

Barovian and Syrian style weapons are a fine gap filler, but ultimately are undesirable due to lower base damage dice.
    Member of Giants of Winter and Old Night~~Sarlona

Characters-Loafbeef:Loafbread:Bowtox:Keshet:Spasms

Community Member

Late to the party but still might be good for some time later:

Caster staves are not popular, because they generally conflict with more important defense/offense stats found on best in slot items:

• Fire element with multi hit spells is dominating before items, and scaled best by current items, most importantly LGS ASH
    • Ravenloft belts for each other element is still best in slot, and impossible to replace without major spell damage loss
    • New content, especially raids are built for Medium Armor or Largeshield
    • A new upspike in evil damage saved with reflex in Feywild (weak save for robe casters wo ins. reflex)

Cloth casters are already in a rough spot, there are few choices of good large shields, and it still means giving up the heal amp + LEG Affirmation offhand. (CHA casters also lose 1 stacking stat).

Without driving too deep in conclusion about balance, as nobody seem to like that .

A suggestion for the raid staff:

1] (select) enhanced element spell power ( or two but not fire)
    2] (select) spell lore ( except fire) OR insightful spell power
    3] A rebrand of LGS: Ash
    4] A defensive stat: 30 MRR cap + 30 (blocking) OR Evil Absorption OR LGS: Affirmation.
    5] (select) Exceptional Ability INT, WIS, CHA +2
    6] Opening for the Autumn set would be optimal, but i dont see the other raid weapons doing that so, id vote another attractive defensive stat, missile deflection seems good considering the lost Shield AC.

A little overloaded, but seems to check out on the current rough spots in itemization for everyone, except Fire that already has the best build + itemization.

~From the cloth caster angle without insightful reflexes, to me, the new development seems exponentially punitive, vs bad saves, vs bad mrr, cant slot fully statted effectiveness, let alone vitals and defense.

~Back in the day we could solve this with an armor/shield swap and swapping to a worse but defensive edestiny, these days that doesnt cut it. Now it is a lot of effort to switch between questing setup and raiding setup, this doesnt seem to be the case for most other class builds.

Example item:

The Legendary Arcane Battery (Spell caster staff)
    • Enhanced Acid and Electric spell power
    • Insightful Acid and Electric spell power
    • Battery Leak (Rebrand of LGS:Ash)
    • Energy Density: +30 MRR cap + 30 if blocking
    • Alchemical Charisma, Intelligence and Wisdom +2
    • Power Store (or Transform Kinetic Energy)
    • GREEN
    • PURPLE
    Last edited by janave; 02-07-2021 at 02:26 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IlmerSilverhilt View Post
    Hey devs! any chance raid longbow could get an orange slot instead of purple? pulled a nice orange named aug I want to slot!

Its for Scourge of the Outsiders, figured it would be good for reapers on an endgame bow... are there even bows with orange slots?

edit: "are there even bows with orange slots?" found 4 serpentbranch, cheap shot, thunderforged and chaosbow

or maybe purple and orange, that was last seen on epic serpentbranch lvl25 bow
    If that is what you call a "nice" augment, you still seem to be a new player: 4-24 Damage is 1 damage in high reaper. Also, the instakill Proc only happening at 1k life meaning that it will almost never happen (plus it's limited to Outsiders unlike (Improved) Vorpal!). At that rate, Deconstructor, Lifetaker (if it does not have a laughable low DC like 30) and Ruby of Disintegration all are better choices. Heck, even 8d6 (= 8 to 48) Elemental damage of an elemental Ruby is double the damage of Scourge on ALL enemies, not only outsiders...

However, Purple + Orange still would give higher flexibility in building the bow, so I think that might be a good idea.

Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forcystus View Post
    If that is what you call a "nice" augment, you still seem to be a new player: 4-24 Damage is 1 damage in high reaper. Also, the instakill Proc only happening at 1k life meaning that it will almost never happen (plus it's limited to Outsiders unlike (Improved) Vorpal!). At that rate, Deconstructor, Lifetaker (if it does not have a laughable low DC like 30) and Ruby of Disintegration all are better choices. Heck, even 8d6 (= 8 to 48) Elemental damage of an elemental Ruby is double the damage of Scourge on ALL enemies, not only outsiders...

However, Purple + Orange still would give higher flexibility in building the bow, so I think that might be a good idea.
    hehe thx for your comment, not new but still noob! I got my augments sorted for new bow, will just be pos spellpower and an esoterica. I guess it was just hype at seeing a new named
    Ilmer Silverhilt, 36pt (Half) Elf Rogue13/Monk6/Fighter1. The Kighter
    Mesmerita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Can't talk, TR'ing!
    Acrobot, 36pt Gnome Banker/Puppet/Guildeader
    The Adventure Pack(200), Cannith. Join us!

(not currently) Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Caster staves are not popular, because they generally conflict with more important defense/offense stats found on best in slot items:

I don't see it so much conflicting, as the simple fact that you have to give up 2 items. If a staff isn't as good as the total of two separate items you'd have to give up, it's not going to get used.

When they first posted these preview items, the raid staff made me think they'd finally made a staff worth using, or at very least worth thinking hard about using. But then after release, we saw the un-previewed "feytwisted" Gloryborne Gloves. That made it easy for me to dismiss using the raid staff, unless it's undergone some major changes since October.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627