Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Ignore all of that and focus on just the set bonuses. You'll notice that the items themselves didn't change much from preview 1 to 2 - that's because the middle time was spent with my redoing every augment in the game to use the v2 system. Assume that the items are neato and you're pretty excited about them, and then focus on the set bonuses themselves.
    No, I was talking about the set bonuses. I'm interested in Spring 4 (and maybe Spring 2), Summer 4, and Fall 5 -- but not the intermediate partial set bonuses before them.

As a Wisdom-based MRR-capped hate tank that cares about tactics DCs, I might be so unusual that satisfying me is impossible without ruining it for everyone though.
    Last edited by Noircere; 10-22-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Archer View Post
    Set bonuses mostly look good now.
    Would it be possible to add +20 MRR cap to summer either on tier 2 or 4? Seems like you want monks in this one, but MRR is effectively useless.
    Given that the armors in Summer are both non-monk-compatible and also don't have an MMR cap, that strikes me as a weird place to put MMR cap.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Ignore all of that and focus on just the set bonuses. You'll notice that the items themselves didn't change much from preview 1 to 2 - that's because the middle time was spent with my redoing every augment in the game to use the v2 system. Assume that the items are neato and you're pretty excited about them, and then focus on the set bonuses themselves.
    If there will be many new items, or existing items changed to fit multiple sets, and/or new weapons have set bonuses added, etc... then I'd say they look good. (MRR cap issue asside)
    Thelanis

Given that the armors in Summer are both non-monk-compatible and also don't have an MMR cap, that strikes me as a weird place to put MMR cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Signet of the Solstice Raid Trinket
    Minimum Level: 29
    • Enhanced Ki +3
    • Wisdom +21
    • Insightful Wisdom +10
    • Sheltering +55
    • Yellow Augment Slot
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Set Bonuses Eminence of Summer
    ?
    which set did you want monks in then?

EDIT: perhaps move this to winter then? (the other solstice), or change the name and move it to spring
    Last edited by Monkey_Archer; 10-22-2020 at 05:20 PM.
    Thelanis

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post

What I won't be considering as a melee are the Feywild set bonuses. Too little gain -- or too much trouble to even maintain -- for far too many set pieces required. The juice is not worth the squeeze. I will happily stay with 3pc Sharn and slot in two augment set bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caarb View Post
    You need many more options for these sets for any min maxer to even consider a 7 piece. The pieces that exist are so suboptimal currently that we are going to be running Sharn sets for another expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by elvesunited View Post
    From the POV of my wisdom caster, he's looked at this gear and found nothing worth giving up the Sharn/Lost Gatekeepers gear for.

Fortunately he's not my only character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malex View Post
    not only that, in general it's not possible to just "get all the new gear" (like lynnabel mentioned was one of the option considered in the design process): there is no option for main stat, unless the main stat is intelligence (or constitution, for that matter). You still need to fit charisma/wisdom/dexterity/strength in either googles or one ring, if going for a full 7+4 set bonus.

You can settle for a +21 BUT you have to use a slot for another season (summer) so you dont get the best caster 7+4 (autumn+winter)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickodeamous View Post
    I agree with you. This really saddens me. I don't even want to get into the hours I spent trying to "make it work" as a monk. Even with the new monk trinket, it completely underwhelms for any monk out there. Sharn 3 piece Family set is still king of the road. The only viable thing I have found is the new augment system, which I have earmarked a few that I would like to look for. When the only item that has insightful seeker is a Charisma Bracer meant for a Pally, something is wrong. there are already 3 items that are superior to those Bracers and they are more "generic" in feel, so any build can use them (i'm talk about you sunken chains, belt of sure strikes, and cloak of balance). I cant even fit a good minor artifact in.

In this case, its a simple this for that, but currently, I feel like the monk gearset I have is superior in most ways then anything I can concoct out of this, and again, that makes me sad

I think making the ability "craftable" would be huge here. That way I wouldn't be locked into strength, when I want say constitution, or dex. I don't see many items where you can do this that would fit. Also, the major benefits are so backloaded, it forces us to stay with sharn gearset

Not even sure what to say, but looks like sentient food to me

Nico
    This is what i have been going on about for the last week since the first preview. It really is a dead unicorn that I am beating. So vigorously in fact that there is little left of the carcass. The whole thing is severely flawed. Tanks are saying it, Monks are saying it, INQ builds are saying it, Warlocks are saying it. I would gladly take a month delay in releasing the expansion IF the gear gets fixed.

I know it's 2020 and it's been a real dumpster fire (not the sharn rune arm kind) of a year but it doesn't mean that SSG has to add to it. You might as well rename the sets to "Covid" "Lockdown" "Hotspot" & "2 week Quarantine". (no satire meant here) over the two preview threads I haven't seen but maybe 1 or 2 people say "this is a godsend for my toon!. I'm wholesale switching my build to this set gear." Whether it is meant for that or not in inconsequential the whole premise is, to quote Charles Barkley, "Terrible, Just Terrible."

You may have swung hard in the opposite direction of sharn and RL but your hitting foul balls into the stands and we are all here (with proper social distancing and masks) throwing it back onto the field cuz we don't want it.

For Context:
    Why do baseball fans throw the ball back?
    Some fans measure your passion on what you will or won't do at a game. Such as the decision of throwing home runs and foul balls from the opposing team back on the field. Throwing the ball back is perceived as being a “real fan” ultimately saying, “I want nothing to do with your achievement on my home turf.”
    Ghallanda Characters: Amastris Queen of Thay - Main Character - Epic and Class completionist with 17+ Racial and Iconic lives as a warlock | Grevok The Maniacal - Tanklock Alt
    "If I walk away from a conversation it is not because I have admitted defeat. It is because I can not properly handle your degree in stupidology." - Anonymous

Quickly floating this as a set bonus draft:

Gray is artifact bonus type, blue is Legendary bonus type (LGS)
    I think its a bit confused honestly. I wont get into Fall or Winter but at least they're consistent. Im not sure of the distinction between Spring and Summer. They're just different versions of each other and even share the same 6 and 7 tier? Thats quite lazy. Why not give them some personality and make one ranged and the other melee dps? Also please stop putting -% threat on items, its such a waste of an ability.

This is probably the first time Ive went into a new expansion with zero interest in any of the loot. I understand the whole parallel progression thing is difficult to achieve and you probably were not given the time you needed to do it right.

Oh ok, let's focus on set bonus then.

In general I think set bonuses are fine, but as someone else suggested I'd add a (small? +15?) MRR cap increase to the summer set, maybe at tier 2 to make it more fun (just a small threat decrease is not something people would go for).

I think this would be nice for a number of reason:
    - Make it a good splash for about anyone, but especially those who actually care about tier2: rogues/sneaky guys (which usually have light armor,)
    - MRR is so much mandatory in current raids, it would really help all the MRR cap toons, since evasion dont work when needed most
    - As a design, you said people should want to take small dip in an off-set, maybe gaining a small bonus: this is a good alternative
    - Not base on which armor choice there is in the set: as per design, we have 14 items to choose from
    - Monk item is in summer set

Systems Designer

?
    which set did you want monks in then?

EDIT: perhaps move this to winter then? (the other solstice), or change the name and move it to spring
    Ideally, a melee character will use Spring, Summer, or a mix of the two for offense, and maybe some Winter for defense. A single monk item in Summer is different than a set bonus that simply will not function if you're using the armor of the same set.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Malex View Post
    Oh ok, let's focus on set bonus then.

In general I think set bonuses are fine, but as someone else suggested I'd add a (small? +15?) MRR cap increase to the summer set, maybe at tier 2 to make it more fun (just a small threat decrease is not something people would go for).

I think this would be nice for a number of reason:
    - Make it a good splash for about anyone, but especially those who actually care about tier2: rogues/sneaky guys (which usually have light armor,)
    - MRR is so much mandatory in current raids, it would really help all the MRR cap toons, since evasion dont work when needed most
    - As a design, you said people should want to take small dip in an off-set, maybe gaining a small bonus: this is a good alternative
    - Not base on which armor choice there is in the set: as per design, we have 14 items to choose from
    - Monk item is in summer set
    Summer's armors are both no-MMR-cap armors. I'm not going to put a set bonus that does literally nothing on the armors that are in the set.

So - you intend to make the items actually better and/or add more items as you acknowledge they are not currently good enough?
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    So - you intend to make the items actually better and/or add more items as you acknowledge they are not currently good enough?
    Lol what do you think these previews are for? Are you really worried that I'm here talking about potential changes, just like I've done every other update for years now, just so I can tell everyone "too bad I'm not changing anything nyahahahahha"

The entire point of these things is for me to solicit feedback and make iterative change. Idk why you think this is some sort of gotcha for me. I prefer throwing out a draft and making changes to not doing that - that's why I do it instead of, like, not doing it.

Community Member

I'm currently on an Alchemist life and I'm trying to figure out where to get Int/Ins Int/Qua Int while also making use of these sets. The belt artifact is a no-go because of the Ravenloft belt.

Was it an oversight that no standard items include Int bonuses in the expansion, or will we still see something introduced in Preview 3? Wisdom and Charisma both have representation.

Ideally, a melee character will use Spring, Summer, or a mix of the two for offense, and maybe some Winter for defense. A single monk item in Summer is different than a set bonus that simply will not function if you're using the armor of the same set.
    Similar to how 2-piece summer will not function if you wear cloth armor?
    Also i meant MRR-cap in addition to the MRR granted, not replace it.
    Thelanis

3% Dodge Cap -- Just because it's a legendary bonus doesn't mean it's good, warranted or desired by players. LGS gear is created for HP, SP or spell crit not Dodge Cap. It is not worthy of a set bonus.

10% Missile Deflection -- a game mechanic borrowed from bosses when devs ran out of new ideas to put on player gear. Players don't gear for this. There is no excitement of "Ooooh, 1 out of 10 times someone shoots an arrow at me I will deflect it". When players care about deflecting missiles, they will spend 6 AP in VKF for Core 2 to deflect once per six seconds, or swap in Storm in a Bottle to activate Stormrage for a temporary need.
    Khyber: Kobeyashi | Ying. R10 or bust.

Lol what do you think these previews are for? Are you really worried that I'm here talking about potential changes, just like I've done every other update for years now, just so I can tell everyone "too bad I'm not changing anything nyahahahahha"

The entire point of these things is for me to solicit feedback and make iterative change. Idk why you think this is some sort of gotcha for me. I prefer throwing out a draft and making changes to not doing that - that's why I do it instead of, like, not doing it.
    Fair enough. I just think the communications could have been easier for everyone if you had simply posted directly that you get that the items are too weak Afterall we cannot read your mind.

Though, in preview 1 the feedback was that things are too weak and you made them worse by lowering the +4 to +3, so assuming things will become better is not a given.

I am looking forward to preview 3 then, thanks.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    People complain about reducing the stats to +3 and you respond by removing DEX & STR entirely? I'd rather have +3 to all in a tree I can use than be forced deep into Fall for +4 to mental stats on those who rely on them.
    With these set bonuses can easily just fit +4 str/dex as the 3 aug set for the other 5 slots(+weapons) not needed for max feywild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by SWCarter View Post
    I'm currently on an Alchemist life and I'm trying to figure out where to get Int/Ins Int/Qua Int while also making use of these sets. The belt artifact is a no-go because of the Ravenloft belt.
    Collective Sight for INT and INS INT. Sunken Slippers for the Q INT, and INS Potency and Q Potency.
    Last edited by Carpone; 10-22-2020 at 05:53 PM.
    Khyber: Kobeyashi | Ying. R10 or bust.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    I think its a bit confused honestly. I wont get into Fall or Winter but at least they're consistent. Im not sure of the distinction between Spring and Summer. They're just different versions of each other and even share the same 6 and 7 tier? Thats quite lazy. Why not give them some personality and make one ranged and the other melee dps? Also please stop putting -% threat on items, its such a waste of an ability.

This is probably the first time Ive went into a new expansion with zero interest in any of the loot. I understand the whole parallel progression thing is difficult to achieve and you probably were not given the time you needed to do it right.
    Both Spring and Summer are melee/ranged combat. Just different forms of it.

Spring -> Dexterity -> clothing or light armor / dodge
    Summer -> Strength -> medium or heavy armor / tactical

So lightly armored monks and rogues go spring
    Tactical armored warriors go summer

This goes back to my earlier post here:

Quote Originally Posted by DrawingGuy View Post
    Signet of the Solstice - While I like this item, I don't really think the Summer set fits very well. The Summer set first gives 25 MRR to a class that is capped (unfairly) at 50 - and this item is already giving 55 MRR (from sheltering) already capping without extreme acrobatics. It further goes down the line of negative threat gen hurting those that want to Earth stance. There is also no Cloth armor option making it harder for monks to invest in this line. Winter, which would also match with a Solstice, would be more generally useful as not only could any Monk build use defenses, but other WIS based classes would be more interested too.
    The summer set just doesn't fit Monk well as MRR for an MRR capped class is a lot of dead space. Spring or Winter would be a much better fit, with Winter fitting the name. I know that Winter already has a Trinket, but it's not a very exciting one. Could the Super Heroism be moved to a new trinket for Summer and the current Winter be made non-raid?
    Pinc Punch - Unarmed Monk (Uber Completionist) // Porc the Orc - Paladin // Thunderborn - Warlock // Imustbe Emo - PewPew Rogue // Aquamine Artifact - Crafting Artificer (shelved)

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by DrawingGuy View Post
    This goes back to my earlier post here:

The summer set just doesn't fit Monk well as MRR for an MRR capped class is a lot of dead space. Spring or Winter would be a much better fit, with Winter fitting the name. I know that Winter already has a Trinket, but it's not a very exciting one. Could the Super Heroism be moved to a new trinket for Summer and the current Winter be made non-raid?
    I was just going to swap the Changestone and Signet of the Solstice and call it even, which would put the Signet in Spring without requiring me to do any treasure table work.

Similar to how 2-piece summer will not function if you wear cloth armor?
    Also i meant MRR-cap in addition to the MRR granted, not replace it.
    There is no cloth armor in Summer. If certain mixes and matches are less viable than others, that's totally fine by me, but I'm not going to swap it to prioritize those certain mixes and matches over just... wearing the summer armor in the summer set.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast