Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Lynnabel I am begging you not to put feats on augments unless they are very rare drops. Enlarge is very powerful and shouldn't be so ubiquitous. Please dont render that metamagic feat worthless.
    What's wrong with freeing up an additional feat for something else? Not everyone plays splash or classes that give additional feats.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post

Slot Spring Summer Fall Winter
    2 +10% Missle Deflection +20 MRR +50 Universal Spellpower +20 PRR
    3 +3 Sneak Dice
    +1 Dodge Cap
    -25% Threat Decrease
    +1 Tactics Increase
    +5% Universal Spell Crit
    +5% Universal Spell Crit Damage
    +15 Healing Amp
    +10% HP
    4 +3 All Abilities +3 All Abilities +3 All Abilities +3 All Abilities
    5 +15% Damage vs Helpless
    +2 Dodge Cap
    +15% Fort Bypass
    +3 Tactics Increase
    +20% Spell Points
    +10% Universal Spell Crit Damage
    +100% Threat Increase
    +20% HP
    6 +15% Doublestrike & Doubleshot +15% Doublestrike & Doubleshot +3 Spell DCs +5 Tower Shield Max Dex
    7 +25 Melee Power & Ranger Power
    +3 Dodge Cap
    +25 Melee Power & Ranger Power
    +5 Tactics Increase
    -5% Spell Cooldown
    +15% Universal Spell Crit Damage
    +15% AC
    +30% HP

with looking like this I would by this expansion

Thumbs up Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post

Slot Spring Summer Fall Winter
    2 +10% Missle Deflection +20 MRR +50 Universal Spellpower +20 PRR
    3 +3 Sneak Dice
    +1 Dodge Cap
    -25% Threat Decrease
    +1 Tactics Increase
    +5% Universal Spell Crit
    +5% Universal Spell Crit Damage
    +15 Healing Amp
    +10% HP
    4 +3 All Abilities +3 All Abilities +3 All Abilities +3 All Abilities
    5 +15% Damage vs Helpless
    +2 Dodge Cap
    +15% Fort Bypass
    +3 Tactics Increase
    +20% Spell Points
    +10% Universal Spell Crit Damage
    +100% Threat Increase
    +20% HP
    6 +15% Doublestrike & Doubleshot +15% Doublestrike & Doubleshot +3 Spell DCs +5 Tower Shield Max Dex
    7 +25 Melee Power & Ranger Power
    +3 Dodge Cap
    +25 Melee Power & Ranger Power
    +5 Tactics Increase
    -5% Spell Cooldown
    +15% Universal Spell Crit Damage
    +15% AC
    +30% HP
    This is my favorite, as this table is well structured in a sence that the seasons have a clear melee/ranged/caster/tank focus and the special LGS abilities are integrated with scalability.
    I wish this will be considered by the devs in the next U48 Preview 3...
    Argonessen - Guild: "Married with Children" / Clagor Dan - Elf - Tempest (18 Ranger / 1 Barbarian / 1 Rogue) / Glagor Dan - Drow - Pale Master (18 Wizard / 2 Rogue)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I wouldn't put a gearset with an LGS setbonus as "decently optimized." A percentage of a percentage of players have those things. It requires a significant amount of dedicated farming of a single raid. The overwhelming majority of DDO players have never even set foot in the Legendary Shroud, much less have any idea what an LGS set bonus does.

I'm aiming for this:

• If you're using a perfectly structured raid gearset that represents years of work at endgame carefully farming and assembling multiple raid-level sets and LGS items, then yes, the quest items from Feywild will probably not move your actual items. The augments, however, will change at least some of your setup - either by adding sets or by adding individual effects
    • If you're using a Sharn gearset plus some Ravenloft and Sharn non-set stuff, you can get a lot of mileage from swapping some items to use the Feywild sets. Or you can use entirely Feywild items instead of the Sharn items, if you like the base pieces more.
    • If you're playing a build that the Sharn gearset simply does not support (such as hybrid builds), you can swap all the way over to Feywild.
    A 4000 hit point Sorc is what I can make or 6000+ hit point tank with my LGS set, shame on non-shroud players!

2015 DDO Players Council
    The Legendary Fighter God

Quote Originally Posted by clagor View Post
    This is my favorite, as this table is well structured in a sence that the seasons have a clear melee/ranged/caster/tank focus and the special LGS abilities are integrated with scalability.
    I wish this will be considered by the devs in the next U48 Preview 3...
    I think the tactics should be replaced with legendary bonus to critical hit damage if we are to maintain the LGS bonus theme.
    Check out my Twitch Channel
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    I think the tactics should be replaced with legendary bonus to critical hit damage if we are to maintain the LGS bonus theme.
    Ah, really? I myself consider the DCs to be more useful, since it's far more of a binary system. I don't think that LGS set bonus (it's essentially half of Seeker, which is just a regular ol' affix) is at all desirable, and wanted to change it to something that almost all martial builds have a real desire for. That being said, if there's a reason I'm just not seeing (very possible given my level of sleep these days) please let me know so I can eat my words posthaste :)

Quote Originally Posted by Alcides View Post
    What's wrong with freeing up an additional feat for something else? Not everyone plays splash or classes that give additional feats.
    Seriously, where am I giving out Enlarge? Help me ddo forums, I'm so confused :(
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 10-25-2020 at 05:40 PM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Seriously, where am I giving out Enlarge? Help me ddo forums, I'm so confused
    The only feat you are giving out is quick draw. The enlarge one is just non existent, from what I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

2015 DDO Players Council

Ah, really? I myself consider the DCs to be more useful, since it's far more of a binary system. I don't think that LGS set bonus (it's essentially half of Seeker, which is just a regular ol' affix) is at all desirable, and wanted to change it to something that almost all martial builds have a real desire for. That being said, if there's a reason I'm just not seeing (very possible given my level of sleep these days) please let me know so I can eat my words posthaste
    The crit would be more useful, as dire charge is already no-fail for nearly all melees that have an average or better gear set.

Plus, I'm a very big fan of consistency. And if every season is getting an LGS bonus, it seems fitting to not leave summer out.

Ah, really? I myself consider the DCs to be more useful, since it's far more of a binary system.
    I want as much tactics as I can find. It is the primary reason several of my melees might pursue Summer.

Ah, really? I myself consider the DCs to be more useful, since it's far more of a binary system. I don't think that LGS set bonus (it's essentially half of Seeker, which is just a regular ol' affix) is at all desirable, and wanted to change it to something that almost all martial builds have a real desire for. That being said, if there's a reason I'm just not seeing (very possible given my level of sleep these days) please let me know so I can eat my words posthaste
    All martial builds deal damage, not all martial builds use tactics. That said, neither effect is that great IMO (at least not compared to 20% hp).
    Perhaps just put the tactics bonus in addition to -25% threat? (another marginally useful stat), and keep the LGS theme for 4-piece
    Thelanis

I do agree with Cetus’ idea, as a noob-elite with with very few past lives (no martial) I am able to land Dire Charge consistently using Divine Might. I am also not a build smith as many here are. Now this does not not mean other builds do not need more tactics, but given we will have augments for each Tactic now, slotting what you are missing will become considerably easier, and will make this tier 7 bonus far less tasty.
    Last edited by Kelledren; 10-25-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Seriously, where am I giving out Enlarge? Help me ddo forums, I'm so confused
    I'm not sure about that. I was just stating that some classes and specs could benefit from augments that provide feats. A few notable adds would be helpful as follows.
    - 30% Haste/15% Alacrity
    - Mobility
    - Magical Training

These being added are great
    - Quick Draw: This is a great addition.
    - Augment Summoning: This is somewhat build specific, but I can the utility for people who like to run with hirelings/summons.
    Last edited by Alcides; 10-25-2020 at 09:01 PM.

2015 DDO Players Council

Keep in kind that melees will also have the option of slotting additional 4 artifact strength, which is another +2 to tactics. If they slot +4 artifact to a trance stat, that’s another one. There is no shortage of tactic DC sources.

2014 DDO Players Council

The overwhelming majority of DDO players have never even set foot in the Legendary Shroud, much less have any idea what an LGS set bonus does.
    I know there is a sizeable population of players that only play in Epic long enough to get 20 tokens, and some more who play at 30 only long enough to get 42 Heart Seeds. Both those sets of players don't care about optimizing their level 30 gear set, because they will never be level 30, or will only be 30 long enough to reincarnate away from it. They aren't really relevant to the discussion of Legendary gear.

I would be extremely skeptical if you were to claim that an overwhelming majority of DDO players playing at level 30, have never set foot in the Legendary Shroud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    They aren't really relevant to the discussion of Legendary gear.
    this is such a strange and twisted rabbit-hole to go down. i play at cap quite a bit. i keep a minimum of 16 'toons at 30 to raid with. i have only ever crafted one character any LGS gear. and i can honestly say i don't regret that choice, nor do i feel like i've missed out. rather, i enjoy the option to run the raids i find fun and i absolutely detest being forced to grind hundreds of completions of a single raid to stay "competitive".

the way the feywild gear is looking, i think i would prefer to farm it for my alts, even if it only comes in at 80% as effective as LGS, rather than having to accept an arm-twisting to continue to run shroud for yet another alt.

The crit would be more useful, as dire charge is already no-fail for nearly all melees that have an average or better gear set.

Plus, I'm a very big fan of consistency. And if every season is getting an LGS bonus, it seems fitting to not leave summer out.
    Hmm. Going off the % on the spell crit, physical crit will land at what? 5% more crit dmg? or 0.05 modifier on a x3-5 modifier weapon? Pretty much as useless as you go. Worse than useless.

100% rather have tactics so it's easier on new players to hit DCs, and so that you can skip a twist maybe in LD, etc.
    or bring up the % to a meaningful level (at least 20% crit dmg).

25% crit dmg is nice for casters since they have 80-90% crit chance.
    Melees crit 15-30% of the time. And already have a bigger multiplier to begin with. Meaning it's not nearly as big of an improvement for them. I can do the crit profile math for you (general you) if you want, but I think everyone understands this.
    Formerly known as Absolute-Omniscience, co-creator of the old DPS calc.

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown
    Death Dodger

once more from the rafters!

2 piece with protection in the winter set, can we have the belt have natural armor instead? also fits thematically
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Amber Pendant Necklace
    Minimum Level: 5/29
    • Spell Focus Mastery +2/+7
    • Insightful Spell Focus Mastery +1/+4
    • Quality Necromancy Focus n/a/+2
    • Insightful Sheltering +5/+27
    • Blue/+Green Augment Slot
    • Set Bonus Seasons of the Feywild/Eminence of Autumn
    Should this item have Quality Spell Focus instead of Quality Necromancy Focus? It shares the same slot as The Zarash'ak Ward which is only decent +22 Intellect Artifact for casters, especially those that don't have Necromancer School.

Keep in kind that melees will also have the option of slotting additional 4 artifact strength, which is another +2 to tactics. If they slot +4 artifact to a trance stat, that’s another one. There is no shortage of tactic DC sources.
    I agree. Even my mediocre first life barb has no-fail Dire charge in high reapers. Bonus to crit damage or even 20% HP bonus in summer would be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by A-O View Post
    It's very iffy. "easily 500+" is kinda BS.

Loads of it is from a MP-based filigree set-up, but a lot is also from mythic reaper items, granting up to 58(!) if you have perfect gear (Good luck). Getting "600+" though, won't happen unless you're conjuring up another 50 from some source I've forgotten. And it sure as hell won't be easy getting there. AFAIK no one in game is even close to having a setup with every item having +3 mythic melee power, and +3 reaper bonus melee power on all slots (where applicable). I'd love to be proven wrong though
    Thank you for the break-up A-O!

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast