Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Lynnabel I am begging you not to put feats on augments unless they are very rare drops. Enlarge is very powerful and shouldn't be so ubiquitous. Please dont render that metamagic feat worthless.
    ? Where am I putting Enlarge on anything?

This is a genuine question, I may have outright forgotten LOL :P
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thunderhawk123 View Post
    Items in Feywild will be using the same internal scaling that items in Sharn do

so this is a reskin of sharn this is not a expansion 130 buck for this **** is a joke you cant even make lvl 30 gear allways lvl 29 .
    An expansion that doesn't completely invalidate the previous one gear wise is actually a good thing, if you're paying 130 dollars not because the content is fun but because you want to get +30 stats on items then your priorities are messed up.

Without out-scaling Sharn items this expansion will still have an absolutely massive amount of power from the new augment system and gear flexibility indirectly adding power, but that isn't enough for you?

DDO's raiding scene has had a huge life injection with the 3 latest raids and I'd really rather not have Feywild's gear be so OP that it kills the current endgame they only just introduced.

DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Set Bonuses
    Heroic Set Bonus: Seasons of the Feywild
    • 2 Pieces Equipped: +10 Artifact bonus to maximum HP
    • 3 Pieces Equipped: +50 Artifact bonus to maximum SP
    • 4 Pieces Equipped: +1 Artifact bonus to all Ability Scores
    • 5 Pieces Equipped: +1% Artifact bonus to Dodge
    • 6 Pieces Equipped: +1 Artifact bonus to all spell DCs
    • 7 Pieces Equipped: +5 Artifact bonus to Physical and Magical Resistance Rating
    can we get +1 to tactic DCs added to 6 pieces? that way there is something for martial characters at that tier? or maybe just + to damage or something.
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Quickly floating this as a set bonus draft:

Gray is artifact bonus type, blue is Legendary bonus type (LGS)
    I support this direction, greatly. DDO has had a true Hybrid Classes since DAY 1 of its release - Rangers - and I support moves to allow my favourite class to do what they were supposed to do since there inception.

My number one desire in DDO is to play my Ranger as a true Hybrid Ranger, a character that can swap between Melee and Ranged as the tactical situation demands. I used to achieve this with the original Manyshot, but not wanting to tread old ground I see a way where the Bow is still more useful than swords in certain situations, and vice versa. Such a build already has a number of challenges such as EDF and the use of Deepwood Stalker T5/Capstone over Tempest T5/Capstone for Melee DPS, but without digressing too far the Profane Experiment *almost* allowed me to get there from a gear point of view. I would swap to a 7 piece Spring set in a heartbeat for this character, and thematically every bonus here fits such a character.

I do have one suggestion: some of the comments around the +20% HP increase in Winter not being enough for true tank builds to be enticed away from LGS, without there LGS building feeling like its been invalidated. I agree. I also agree that rather than low hanging fruit style, large Legendary bonuses being available at T4, that the equivalent Legendary bonus is scaled alongside other bonuses within the set. Which would allow you to re-introduce the Artifact to all Ability scores bonus, potentially? Something along the lines of the following:

Slot Spring Summer Fall Winter
    2 +10% Missle Deflection +20 MRR +50 Universal Spellpower +20 PRR
    3 +3 Sneak Dice
    +1 Dodge Cap
    -25% Threat Decrease
    +1 Tactics Increase
    +5% Universal Spell Crit
    +5% Universal Spell Crit Damage
    +15 Healing Amp
    +10% HP
    4 +3 All Abilities +3 All Abilities +3 All Abilities +3 All Abilities
    5 +15% Damage vs Helpless
    +2 Dodge Cap
    +15% Fort Bypass
    +3 Tactics Increase
    +20% Spell Points
    +10% Universal Spell Crit Damage
    +100% Threat Increase
    +20% HP
    6 +15% Doublestrike & Doubleshot +15% Doublestrike & Doubleshot +3 Spell DCs +5 Tower Shield Max Dex
    7 +25 Melee Power & Ranger Power
    +3 Dodge Cap
    +25 Melee Power & Ranger Power
    +5 Tactics Increase
    -5% Spell Cooldown
    +15% Universal Spell Crit Damage
    +15% AC
    +30% HP

Hope thats helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoriv View Post
    Can you break down the class(es) you're using and the sources for that ranged power?
    Here's a few guesses: Ranger: Manyshot(120) + deadly rain(20) + ranged power boost(30) + Improved archers focus(125) + shiradi(60) + ranged power filigree's + mythic/reaper gear.
    Thrower:Multitude of missiles(60) + deadly rain + ranged power boost + Improved archers focus + shiradi + ranged power filigree's + mythic/reaper gear.
    Inquisitive: Ranged power boost + Improved uncanny dodge (mists filigree)(50) + Deadly rain + archer focus(75) + ranged power filigree's + mythic/reaper gear.

Arborea on all 3!

It's fully boosted it's not sustained ranged power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    ? Where am I putting Enlarge on anything?

This is a genuine question, I may have outright forgotten LOL :P
    Found it!

Not Made up item! Quiver
    Minimum Level: 5/29
    • Enlarge: You gain the feat enlarge.
      Indestructible: You gain 10,000 DR.
      Unlimited Power: 5,000 Spell Absorbs, as well as 20,000 spell points.
      Untimely Death: Equipping this item issues the /death count command once every minute.

Drop location: Dev commands.
    P.S. Jokes aside, why no quivers in feywild? Last quiver we got was in ravenloft?

Community Member

Hi Lynnabel,

Regarding the item below:

Sceptre of Titania Raid Club
    Minimum Level: 29
    Damage Dice: 5[1d6+3]
    Critical Roll: 20/x2
    Legendary Affirmation Attacks and offensive spells have a chance to grant 1000 temporary hitpoints. This has a one minute cooldown.
    Quality Devotion +54
    False Life +83
    Vitality +74
    Red Augment Slot
    Orange Augment Slot

Would you please consider swap the quality devotion+54 to consitutution +21?

If 21 is too high, maybe constitution+19?

Thank you.

Default Quality Spell Focus

May not know exactly where to put it, but casters could use some additional options for quality spell focus mastery 2 in order to use the new trinkets.

Don’t agree. It’s mainly a tank/healer stick the way I see it maybe with some other caster builds might slot it for the hp boost. But as it will be probably getting swapped you don’t want to have everything on it. If it’s also your con item you’d be dropping 400 hp each time you switch it out. It’s great just how it is atm.
    It’s a great tank stick for a bear tank. Having some of your own heals as a tank is crucial so having a way to slot quality devotion is quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by danlan View Post
    Hi Lynnabel,

Regarding the item below:

Sceptre of Titania Raid Club
    Minimum Level: 29
    Damage Dice: 5[1d6+3]
    Critical Roll: 20/x2
    Legendary Affirmation Attacks and offensive spells have a chance to grant 1000 temporary hitpoints. This has a one minute cooldown.
    Quality Devotion +54
    False Life +83
    Vitality +74
    Red Augment Slot
    Orange Augment Slot

Would you please consider swap the quality devotion+54 to consitutution +21?

If 21 is too high, maybe constitution+19?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by krolikru3 View Post
    You obviously haven't played top melee builds then?... Ranged and Melee power can easily break 500s, and paladins can push 600s... but what do I know?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...1360/ddoRP.png
    No I haven't, would love to have 500+ melee power in my barb. Please can you give a break-up? Thanks.

Default btA or BtC?

...probably the most important question...otherwise, looks like interesting gear.

Why no legendary ooze?

Most other LGS effects are here.

Quote Originally Posted by devashta View Post
    No I haven't, would love to have 500+ melee power in my barb. Please can you give a break-up? Thanks.
    It's very iffy. "easily 500+" is kinda BS. but here's what everyone can get:

Code:
    Filigres	
    Prowess	55
    2x MP	10
    1x str	
    2x whatever	

Long shadow	5
    x2 MP	10

Sucker+OAM	10
    2x raid	8

3x random MP	15

12x reaper bonus 	36
    7x(?) Mythic bonus	22
    Ring of prowess	8

PoTF	25
    Hymn	10
    Epic levels	30
    Feats	30
    Reaper 24

Sum	298
    So 298 is without class, destiny, and other build-based boosts. (Note, swap prowess weapon and you can get +10 MP more, so 308)

Then e.g. paladin in LD

gets:

Code:
    18 destiny cores
    70 Blitz
    15 Spell
    10 capstone
    10 T5
    75 ascendancy
    198 more total 507
    MP boost for another +30 = 537 temporary, 457 permanent vs EO/undead 382 permanent. Swap for SF proc as well and you can get another +25 for max 562

Loads of it is from a MP-based filigree set-up, but a lot is also from mythic reaper items, granting up to 58(!) if you have perfect gear (Good luck). Getting "600+" though, won't happen unless you're conjuring up another 50 from some source I've forgotten. And it sure as hell won't be easy getting there. AFAIK no one in game is even close to having a setup with every item having +3 mythic melee power, and +3 reaper bonus melee power on all slots (where applicable). I'd love to be proven wrong though
    Last edited by A-O; 10-25-2020 at 11:04 AM.
    Formerly known as Absolute-Omniscience, co-creator of the old DPS calc.

Community Member

Can get a good bump from fvs beacon and fatesinger hymn.
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack

Hardcore bozos - Koganei, Hoid

Community Member

To reiterate, I do love the direction of loot in this update, and I fully support the idea of having a mix of things that appeal to different builds in the sets. That said (and to echo what some others have said), in looking at the sets I am having a really hard time finding seven items - or sometimes more than four - that would apply to my builds. I have a fair number of weird builds that I have used, so it's not that I play cookie cutters. I hate to say it, but for these set bonuses to actually work the sets will have to have more items in each of them. I know I am basically saying, "Go do lots more work!" and that is not great, but multiple people I've spoken to have really struggled to find enough items in the sets for a seven-piece bonus.

Even if this isn't possible by the time Feywild drops (and I know that is likely), it would be nice if we got more items in a patch later to let people really explore the set bonuses.
    A little snark, no vitriol.
    (with credit to HungarianRhapsody)

Graceana (currently a thrower)
    My alts are put out to pasture
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Default Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    I support this direction, greatly.
    Slot Spring Summer Fall Winter
    2 +10% Missle Deflection +20 MRR +50 Universal Spellpower +20 PRR
    3 +3 Sneak Dice
    +1 Dodge Cap
    -25% Threat Decrease
    +1 Tactics Increase
    +5% Universal Spell Crit
    +5% Universal Spell Crit Damage
    +15 Healing Amp
    +10% HP
    4 +3 All Abilities +3 All Abilities +3 All Abilities +3 All Abilities
    5 +15% Damage vs Helpless
    +2 Dodge Cap
    +15% Fort Bypass
    +3 Tactics Increase
    +20% Spell Points
    +10% Universal Spell Crit Damage
    +100% Threat Increase
    +20% HP
    6 +15% Doublestrike & Doubleshot +15% Doublestrike & Doubleshot +3 Spell DCs +5 Tower Shield Max Dex
    7 +25 Melee Power & Ranger Power
    +3 Dodge Cap
    +25 Melee Power & Ranger Power
    +5 Tactics Increase
    -5% Spell Cooldown
    +15% Universal Spell Crit Damage
    +15% AC
    +30% HP

Hope thats helpful.
    Nice! I was just thinking along the lines of some scaling at the different levels. It probably gets too complicated, but I think that would be the next excellent step! I really like your thoughts here!

Community Member thunderhawk123's Avatar

DDO's raiding scene has had a huge life injection with the 3 latest raids and I'd really rather not have Feywild's gear be so OP that it kills the current endgame they only just introduced.[/QUOTE]

We all know raiding is not end game its Reincarnation and i think that is stupid as end game.
    i
    I would love to see lvl 30 gears for my lvl 30 toon don't see how hard that would be but that is besides the point this is not an expansion at most its a DLC and im sure it will be fun and i don't want op items i just want something to do than RT all day every day its boring same quest over and over and over again year after year. So you know my priorities is supporting the game/company so they wont close the game.
    Last edited by thunderhawk123; 10-25-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thunderhawk123 View Post
    DDO's raiding scene has had a huge life injection with the 3 latest raids and I'd really rather not have Feywild's gear be so OP that it kills the current endgame they only just introduced.

We all know raiding is not end game its Reincarnation and i think that is stupid as end game.

I would love to see lvl 30 gears for my lvl 30 toon don't see how hard that would be but that is besides the point this is not an expanstion at most its a DLC and im sure it will be fun and i don't want op items i just want something to do than RT all day every day its boring same quest over and over and over again year after year.
    Give it a few more weeks and they will die down. They aren't popular cause they are raids. They are popular because its "new" content. It is what happens every update. This one more so because it was delayed for so long, which put many on the burnt out since no new content part.

Default Quick question

Did Standing Stone Games already close Lamannia? I was hoping to try it out, but it doesn't come up as a world I can choose after I log in.
    Thanks in advance!
    Sincerely, Zorrbeania.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorrbeania View Post
    Did Standing Stone Games already close Lamannia? I was hoping to try it out, but it doesn't come up as a world I can choose after I log in.
    Thanks in advance!
    1: Yes it's closed. They only have it open for tests during work days.
    2: You need the lamannia client to be able to go there not the regular one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast