Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cashiry View Post
    As a tank, I am actually quite tired of having to wear update 29 gear that was released almost 5 years ago 12/17/2015. As a tank, hit points are needed. so unfortunately, update 29 gear still has to be worn. it is time for a change in gear.. 20% does not cut it.

Make T7--30% hit points. I would drop 5 green steel items (36%) to wear the 7piece set.
    I agree that it should give a decent boost to HP. This will allow more tanks in the raiding scene as now it is a long term goal to build up a tank.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

Loot Fact 2: Legendary Items in Feywild (excluding weapons) will drop in one of four total set bonuses: Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter. These set bonuses are not like the other at-cap set bonuses you may be used to: These sets will contain a total of 15 items, and you'll only need 7 of them to get the last set bonus. What this means is that the set bonuses work like Filigree sets do: they start out with a bonus for having 2 pieces of the set, and then an additional bonus for 3, and then 4, and so on until you reach the final bonus at 7. That being said, it's entirely likely that a player will only aim for 5 in a single set, or several 2-set versions of all 4 of the new Feywild sets. These set bonuses will NOT stack with the Sharn or Ravenloft set bonuses, so you'll be using these to fill around gaps and shore up weaknesses in your character rather than a singular build-around for the playstyle you're looking for.

Loot Fact 4: Heroic items in the Feywild pack are all part of one, all-seasonal set bonus, so there's a lot less complication when you're trying to get gear at level 5.
    I do not understand how set boni for level 5 work. Because you do not explain them.

Do they work in the same way as Legendary set boni work ?

You do not explain how many parts of the Heroic set I need to get all set boni.
    You do not explain of how many parts the Heroic set consists.

Set Bonuses
    Heroic Set Bonus: Seasons of the Feywild
    • 2 Pieces Equipped: +10 Artifact bonus to maximum HP
    • 3 Pieces Equipped: +50 Artifact bonus to maximum SP
    • 4 Pieces Equipped: +1 Artifact bonus to all Ability Scores
    • 5 Pieces Equipped: +1% Artifact bonus to Dodge
    • 6 Pieces Equipped: +1 Artifact bonus to all spell DCs
    • 7 Pieces Equipped: +5 Artifact bonus to Physical and Magical Resistance Rating

Epic Set Bonus: Eminence of Spring
    • 2 Pieces Equipped: +10% Artifact bonus to Missile Deflection
    • 3 Pieces Equipped: +10% Artifact bonus to damage versus the Helpless
    • 4 Pieces Equipped: +3% Legendary bonus to Dodge Cap
    • 5 Pieces Equipped: +3 Artifact bonus to all Ability Scores
    • 6 Pieces Equipped: +3 Sneak Attack Dice
    • 7 Pieces Equipped: +25 Artifact bonus to Melee and Ranged Power
    Okay, there it is ...
    Last edited by Alrik_Fassbauer; 10-23-2020 at 12:49 PM.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Well, let's shoot for that, then. At least 4 of the Summer items just need to be cool and not in Gloves or Necklace slots. Sounds like a clearable goalpost to me.
    Or armor slot.

I concur that RL belts were a bad idea.
    Last edited by CaptainSpacePony; 10-23-2020 at 01:43 PM.
    I can be found on Orien as Cilon or Acroyer.
    Died 9ish times on HC2. Was best known there as Ransack and Carnage (they lasted the longest).
    HC3: Soulstone in Your Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by A-O View Post
    Yea. Me too. Which is stupid, and not needed. We don't need every melee dps and caster getting an easy 20% hp. The balance is already out of whack enough as is.
    I disagree that this is bad for balance. Well geared casters already get more than 20% hp from LGS 4-piece set, and lose very little if anything in the way of spell power or relevant dcs to get it. Good luck getting even 3 piece LGS on a melee without sacrificing dps. If 4-piece winter becomes viable for melee (due to actually having use-able items, item shuffle pending...) I'd see it as a positive change in relation to game balance.
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Yeah, but I want that Winter 20% HP bonus on my PM, or my DPS melee! Not everything has to be optimal for the case where you're trying to max your tank out
    It is literally the tank set. Most tanks are still using 4-5 piece LGS and we want something different. Not everything has to be optimal for the case where you’re trying to max out your PM or DPS
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Ultrasoul - Officer of Lava Divers

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Epicsoul View Post
    It is literally the tank set. Most tanks are still using 4-5 piece LGS and we want something different. Not everything has to be optimal for the case where you’re trying to max out your PM or DPS
    I am just really wary of potentially causing the death knell for LGS. If I release LGS 2: Literally Better Than LGS, people will stop running lshroud.

If there's a far easier way of achieving a lesser but still substantial amount of %hp that doesn't require months of dedicated grind of a single raid, I feel it's a net positive change.

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    Power Store has Spell Efficiency 10%, even on the level 5 item, but the Item that actually has the Spell Efficiency ability on it has only 5% on the level 5 item.

I feel like Power Store should either be changed to 5% on the level 5 item too for consistency?
    Yep, makes sense to me. Swapped around.

I want to replace the Efficiency on the fall helm with something else. Any ideas? Right now it's Profane Stats, attack, damage, <4th thing>.
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 10-23-2020 at 01:45 PM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

It is literally the tank set.
    none of these sets seems to be tied to a traditional archetype. or rather, they all conform loosely to a build, but offer flavor/variety/build choice rather than being tethered to "this is tank, this is dps, this is caster". this whole thread is just an every-man-for-himself attempt to corner the market, so to speak, for whatever archetype the complainer is complaining about.

personally i find the new sets interesting and look forward to seeing how they will allow more diverse build options going forward.

I am just really wary of potentially causing the death knell for LGS. If I release LGS 2: Literally Better Than LGS, people will stop running lshroud.

If there's a far easier way of achieving a lesser but still substantial amount of %hp that doesn't require months of dedicated grind of a single raid, I feel it's a net positive change.
    Those that still want to run 5 piece set for Ender or one of the other set bonuses from 5 LGS will still wear them.. I'm personally tired of wearing 5 pieces and want to wear something different. it's not fun when a new update comes out and all your doing on a tank is helping others get new gear while yours stays stagnant and possibly only swap out the 3 piece.. i.e. sharn/ravenloft. when there was a whole lot of other things in Ravenloft and Sharn that I wanted to wear but couldn't...

Tanks give up alot to help others out. 5 years of LGS, im just tired of wearing it.. but want to still be a tank. And the thought of changing out gear can be exciting. When your limited to having to wear 5 year old gear. is that exciting???

Make T7 Winter 30%. those who tank will go that deep for it. others won't.

People will still run shroud for .ie. Dust, Ash, and other effects or for Clickies.
    Last edited by Cashiry; 10-23-2020 at 01:50 PM.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

First and Foremost I want to say, I love what you're trying to do here. I think it is a great concept of design.
    Secondly, I like the flavor of most the items and the sets. I have not (and will not) had the time to test anything so will leave most of the balancing suggestions to others.

Of course, I do have criticism, that I hope is helpful.

Is there a need for Cloak of Winter's Ice Barrier when Life Shield exists?

I was disappointed to see that the Prince's Gauntlets didn't have strength of purpose.

I was surprised to see the Legendary Queen's and Prince's Scepters being strictly better than Nightmom's. I know this is because Sharn scaling > RL, but still.. (Also I realize nightmom has an orange slot while the prince is only red.) It would be nice if they were a little bit different than their predecessors. Sorry, I don't have any ideas how, which is less that ideal, but hopefully by pointing out a shortfall, someone else might have a solution.

Thematically, I would like to see the raid weapons be part of the seasons sets.

Manslayer seems really weak on lvl 29 raid weapons. Same goes for Off w/their heads! if it's normal vorpal.

Does Allegiance of the Hunt really fit on iron defenders? I hope so. Does that mean you have figured out a way to get rid of docents entirely and WF just wear armor as docents in the future?

Driftwood seems pretty uninspiring for a raid rune arm. The salt guard isn't even legendary? Change the salt guard to Legendary salt shot and that would be great. If that's asking too much, at least make the guard legendary and make the rune arm part of 1 or more season sets.
    Last edited by CaptainSpacePony; 10-23-2020 at 01:50 PM.
    I can be found on Orien as Cilon or Acroyer.
    Died 9ish times on HC2. Was best known there as Ransack and Carnage (they lasted the longest).
    HC3: Soulstone in Your Pack.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

This. If you can get even 30% HP from Feywild, why bother with LGS? Feywild would be a direct upgrade, and the optimal choice in every case.

Tradeoffs are a thing lol. Upgrades aren't tradeoffs. If all your tank needs is HP, LGS is the way to go - sacrifice like 3 slots for the set bonus. If you want useful stats in those slots, you could go Feywild set instead and trade some HP for like 3 items (and other bonuses from the set).

This would be like releasing a +300 enhancement spellpower hat. There'd be no reason to bother with Ravenloft belts anymore. If it was a 150 hat and there was a cool belt as well, you could consider the tradeoff. Or if there was a 15% Voice of the Master 2.0 - why would you ever use the old VoM?

The point of U48 gear is to not invalidate old stuff; it's to give alternatives, flexibility, and add some variety. Upgrading Winter's set bonus to 30% would immediately make it the by-far BIS option for tanks and be the immediate demise of Opposition gear.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Those that still want to run 5 piece set for Ender or one of the other set bonuses from 5 LGS will still wear them.. I'm personally tired of wearing 5 pieces and want to wear something different. it's not fun when a new update comes out and all your doing on a tank is helping others get new gear while yours stays stagnant and possibly only swap out the 3 piece.. i.e. sharn/ravenloft. when there was a whole lot of other things in Ravenloft and Sharn that I wanted to wear but couldn't...

Tanks give up alot to help others out. 5 years of LGS, im just tired of wearing it.. but want to still be a tank. And the thought of changing out gear can be exciting. When your limited to having to wear 5 year old gear. is that exciting???
    Sound like a design problem in the game than only itemization. Perhaps they should have damage absorption in T5 of the class tanking, nature protector, Sacred defender, Stalwart Defender, tree instead of only using itemization which can potentially create a bigger imbalance.

I, as well, suggested 30% to 35% hp at 7 piece equipped feywild winter set. Even at those numbers, people with 5 piece LGS may not swap to winter set because LGS provide better equipment stats for tanking than what the feywild equipment has to offered. But this way, new players and or players new to tanking can start tanking without having to farm for 4 to 5 piece LGS before they become effective for high reaper tanking.
    Last edited by IBCrabin; 10-23-2020 at 01:56 PM.

I agree with this. I think whats missing is a compelling reason to use winter on a tank. LGS is better for r10 endgame hp tanks, fine, but what is winter better for? (besides less grind)

It doesn't have to be major... maybe winter gets the highest ac potential? maybe some dps in there for threat tanking?
    Thelanis

Make T7 Winter 30%. those who tank will go that deep for it. others won't.

People will still run shroud for .ie. Dust, Ash, and other effects or for Clickies.

Good feedback. I agree on all counts.

Most important:

1.Tanks give up a lot, and LGS is getting old for them.
    2. LGS Clickies and weapons will remain relevant. The debuffers are practically mandatory for some high-level content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrabin View Post
    I, as well, suggested 30% to 35% hp at 7 piece equipped feywild winter set. Even at those numbers, people with 5 piece LGS may not swap to winter set because LGS provide better equipment stats for tanking than what the feywild equipment has to offered. But this way, new players and or players new to tanking can start tanking without having to farm for 4 to 5 piece LGS before they become effective for high reaper tanking.
    Considering Feywild gear is set to be buffed/swapped around to be better, I can't imagine 5-piece ML26 LGS gear ever being better than ML29 Feywild lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Archer View Post
    I agree with this. I think whats missing is a compelling reason to use winter on a tank. LGS is better for r10 endgame hp tanks, fine, but what is winter better for? (besides less grind)

It doesn't have to be major... maybe winter gets the highest ac potential? maybe some dps in there for threat tanking?
    That's a solid argument. Maybe a stronger T6-7 option for Winter would be good?
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

I want to replace the Efficiency on the fall helm with something else. Any ideas? Right now it's Profane Stats, attack, damage, <4th thing>.
    Presumably some other caster-relevant effect that isnt duplicated elsewhere in a typical caster gearset?

Saving for the Winter: Proc % on cast to gain temp SP
    Mystic Harvest: 5%/10% spell crit dmg
    Conc Opp (since we're trying to duplicate GS rather than supplement it)
    Falling Leaves: % chance on cast for a TBAOE -1 MRR, stacks to X
    Colors of the Autumn: When you cast a non-damage spell, gain +1 to that school's DC for 10 seconds. When you cast a damage/healing spell, gain 1% spell crit for its primary element. Casting a different type of spell resets this bonus.

Or something more mundane like ASF maybe - especially if you're going to add a Medium armor for EKs and ESs, that'd let other casters be able to wear it and reach 0% ASF with augments etc.
    Last edited by droid327; 10-23-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Community Member

If you're looking for minor'ish caster effects, ConOpp or a Sinister Chill variant that procs off Negative energy / force sound like possibilities. If you want something more substantial, Quality Spell Focus, Quality Spell Pen or Quality Int are always appreciated.
    Last edited by niknight; 10-23-2020 at 02:27 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    This. If you can get even 30% HP from Feywild, why bother with LGS? Feywild would be a direct upgrade, and the optimal choice in every case.

Tradeoffs are a thing lol. Upgrades aren't tradeoffs. If all your tank needs is HP, LGS is the way to go - sacrifice like 3 slots for the set bonus. If you want useful stats in those slots, you could go Feywild set instead and trade some HP for like 3 items (and other bonuses from the set).

This would be like releasing a +300 enhancement spellpower hat. There'd be no reason to bother with Ravenloft belts anymore. If it was a 150 hat and there was a cool belt as well, you could consider the tradeoff. Or if there was a 15% Voice of the Master 2.0 - why would you ever use the old VoM?

The point of U48 gear is to not invalidate old stuff; it's to give alternatives, flexibility, and add some variety. Upgrading Winter's set bonus to 30% would immediately make it the by-far BIS option for tanks and be the immediate demise of Opposition gear.
    Fully agreed. Please don't invalidate old loot. Plus I'm tired of my EVERY ranged toon wearing Wallwatch set and every melee Part of the Family. I want at least one of them (I have like 8 or 9 characters at lvl 30 now) wear something else and not feel inferior to others.
    Khyber: Nimrud (caster), Tadko (tank), Yayamee (monk), Healingonly (melee FvS), Almeya (trapper), Groggor (barb), Feneya (monkcher), Zornix and some others
    Hardcore season 1: AveDarkLord (5k fav)

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by niknight View Post
    If you're looking for minor'ish caster effects, ConOpp or a Sinister Chill variant that procs off Negative energy / force sound like possibilities. If you want something more substantial, Quality Spell Focus, Quality Spell Pen or Quality Int are always appreciated.
    I'm actually looking for something that would compliment profane stats, attack, and damage. This is (currently) in the fall set but it's not a caster item.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Ultimate Lord of Shadows Dreppo's Avatar

Garb of the Spring Winds Clothing
    Minimum Level: 5/29
    • Fortification +59%/+214%
    • Healing Amplification +14/+85
    • Reflex +3/+17
    • Dodge +4%/+21%
    • Blue Augment Slot
    • Yellow/Green Augment Slot
    • Set Bonus Seasons of the Feywild/Eminence of Spring

The Lotus Mail Light Armor
    • Healing Amplification +14/+85
    • Reflex +3/+17
    • Dodge +4%/+21%
    • Blue/Green Augment Slot

Docent of Spring Docent
    • Repair Amplification +14/+85
    • Reflex +3/+17
    • Dodge +4%/+21%
    • Blue Augment Slot

Gloves of Tranquility Gloves
    • Blurry/Lesser Displacement
    • Regeneration/Strength of Purpose
    • Improved Quelling Strikes
    • Insightful Magical Sheltering +4/+26

Crown of Butterflies Helm
    • Crown of Summer You permanently benefit from Crown of Summer: You have a +15 Enhancement bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, and you gain 10 melee and 5 ranged power.
    • Winged Allure The butterflies of this crown have a tendency to distract your enemies. When hit or missed in melee combat, your foes have a chance to be Fascinated with no save.
    • Enchantment Focus +2/+9
    • Magical Sheltering +9/+54

The Changestone Raid Trinket
    Minimum Level: 29
    • One of the following:
      • Strength
      • Dexterity
      • Constitution
      • Intelligence
      • Wisdom
      • Charisma
    • One of the following:
      • Doubleshot
      • Doublestrike
      • Accuracy
    • One of the following:
      • Seeker
      • Deception
      • Deadly
    • One of the following:
      • Speed
      • Insightful Deadly
      • Insightful Accuracy
    • Blue Augment Slot
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Set Bonuses Eminence of Spring
    The Spring set has a lot of problems, more than the other sets. I'm just going to focus on a small subset in this post. I play a lot of "light melee" (rogues, rangers, monks, bards). This is a whole category that the devs continually forget about and/or don't understand. None of the sets are specifically aimed at light melee, but Spring is the closest because only two sets feature cloth/light armor, and the Autumn set is heavily caster oriented so by default we have the Spring set.

PROBLEM #1:
    Spring is aimed at light/cloth wearers. There's no PRR anywhere in the set! Everybody needs PRR, especially light melees. EVERY other set has PRR on the armor, but not the Spring set. That makes the Spring armors much weaker than the other armors, and more awkward to fit in. Meanwhile the Spring set has two items that give MRR, but MRR is capped when wearing light/cloth armor! It makes no sense.

SOLUTION #1:
    - Change Reflex Saves on the armors to PRR. The single saves are weak (because all saves can be had with a Resistance item), and PRR is mandatory, so this solves both problems.
    - Change Insightful Magical Sheltering on the gloves to Insightful Physical Sheltering so that cloth/light wearers can get their much needed Insightful PRR, or even just Insightful Sheltering so that other types of builds can still use them for Insightful MRR (which again is wasted on cloth/light wearers).

PROBLEM #2:
    The +3 dodge cap in the Spring set bonus is only useful for cloth wearers. For light armor wearers, dodge cap is irrelevant because MDB is the more limiting factor (dodge cap has a higher base and also more ways to increase it). It is giving zero value to light armor wearers.

SOLUTION #2:
    Change it to +3 dodge cap and light armor MDB. That way all cloth/light armor wearers have the ability to get their dodge 3 higher. If this is tricky because you're reusing the LGS effect, then apply that change to the LGS effect too (a slight buff to Escalation which is weak compared to Dominion and Opposition).
    Last edited by Dreppo; 10-23-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Community Member

I'd agree that moving the Winter HP up and making the bonus larger would be a good thing. This would make Winter a good alternative to existing gear but could still leave LGS as top if you want the most HP available.

Suggested changes:
    Move 100% Threat increase to 4 piece
    Move +4 Con to 5 piece
    Move 15%AC to 6 piece
    Change HP to 30% and move to 7 piece

This gives tank builds something to work for and somewhat gates the heavy/tanky defense buffs behind the threat increase

I think offering 20% HP at a low level will hurt dedicated tanking in the game. It will allow an even wider number of builds to be "tanky" without being a tank - this will further reduce the need for a "real" tank and make playing a dedicated tank less usefull/fun. This may be seen as a good thing by some (much like reducing the need for healers) but I for one would like to see some real tradeoffs to get to the better tank abilities. Ranged don't need more HP and melee gets EDF for free - tanks are the only builds that "need" more HP so getting them should require tradeoffs and building for them.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast