Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Power Store is pretty Green Dragon-y, though. I'd rather change the helm.
    This is why you get paid the big bucks. I just like temp spell points cause it means I don't need to bother Elieri as much. Poor halfling probably thinks I only appreciate her for her Divine Vitality. Which is true but I don't tell her that.

lol it's even secret-y-er
    The last time you were working on something secret-y-er we ended up with basically half the stuff we've gotten in the last year or two so... color me intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoriv View Post
    This gear won't work for something around 90% of the builds out there, and that has nothing to with high end reaper.
    Only a handful of Class / Enhancement tree combinations are going to be able to fit the 7 piece gear set.
    Most will probably have 3 at most or just a couple single items from different set.
    Almost no one will be seeing the full 7 piece set bonuses from this.
    The forums are a very small representation of the full player base, we cannot say 90% of all players will think of the gear like this, especially before it is released to the masses.

Also, why is that a bad thing? If a handful of classes and combinations get a bump from this, they were most likely very low on the performance spectrum anyway. More playable class/enhancement combinations the better IMO.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne
    Ubique Eo, Invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baahb3 View Post
    The forums are a very small representation of the full player base, we cannot say 90% of all players will think of the gear like this, especially before it is released to the masses.

Also, why is that a bad thing? If a handful of classes and combinations get a bump from this, they were most likely very low on the performance spectrum anyway. More playable class/enhancement combinations the better IMO.
    The feywild set bonus is a huge downgrade from 3 piece sharn, 3 piece Ravenloft and set bonuses up to and including U46.

The reason anyone will use feywild set is because they do not have access to to Ravenloft or Sharn xpack or any packs up to U46. Less work farming for 3 piece over the 7 piece required to have a similar power as 2 to 3 piece set from previous updates.

Even at 7 piece, they are not even equivalent to Sharn 3 piece set.

They don't need to make the items better than the previous updates, but we should have a reason(s) to use feywild gear on new toons and help new players before they have the opportunity to run enough raids for raid pieces.
    Last edited by IBCrabin; 10-22-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Default Ravenloft Caster Belts

Lynnabel, what are your thoughts on the spell power caster belts in Ravenloft? It seems like it hinders your design space as we haven’t seen that kind of stackable spell power since (that I am aware of).

I haven’t studied the loot to that dev, but if there is good stuff at the belt slot but it still doesn’t come close to Ravenloft, then that seems like a bummer.

Even as a casual player, I do try to optimize and the Sunrise belt on my Warlock seems like an evergreen that would never get replaced!?!?!?

Also, I love hearing about your creative moments and super secret future stuff (it’s very Rosewater of you!).

Taleisin

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrabin View Post
    Even at 7 piece, they are not even equivalent to Sharn 3 piece set.
    I can change that. I'm a bit touchy for power concerns here, which is why I matched 5/6/7 to Set Augment #s, but it's not off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    Lynnabel, what are your thoughts on the spell power caster belts in Ravenloft? It seems like it hinders your design space as we haven’t seen that kind of stackable spell power since (that I am aware of).
    They're dumb and I hate them. They may get deleted in a future update when no one's looking, but that's unlikely to happen so in the meantimer we're all just going to need to suffer.
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 10-22-2020 at 10:07 PM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrabin View Post
    The feywild set bonus is a huge downgrade from 3 piece sharn, 3 piece Ravenloft and set bonuses up to and including U46.
    PoTF | Feywild Summer
    15% Doublestrike | 20 MRR
    25 Melee Power | 25% Threat Decrease
    15% Helpless Damage | +5 Tactics
    10% Fort Bypass | 15% Fort Bypass
    ...| 15% Doublestrike
    ...| 25 Melee Power

Yes 7 vs. 3, I get that. However...

You are trading 15% helpless damage for +20 MRR, -25% Threat Decrease, 5% more Fort Bypass and +5 Tactics.

Just comparing set bonuses here and not items.

The Helpless damage is a hit but you are getting a decent amount in return. Your use of 'huge' is a bit of an overstatement IMO.

And per the design, you could still wear the 3 piece set, 4 pieces of the Feywild and get everything. Seems ok to me, at least the set bonus portion.

Community Member

I can change that. I'm a bit touchy for power concerns here, which is why I matched 5/6/7 to Set Augment #s, but it's not off the table.
    Re: Power concerns: I think many people are getting hung up on not enough attractive base item options, which colors perceptions of the Seasons set bonuses. I have inferred that you plan to add more item options / tinker significantly with the existing items. It might be more productive to do that first and discuss the set bonuses later.

Community Member

They're dumb and I hate them. They may get deleted in a future update when no one's looking, but that's unlikely to happen so in the meantimer we're all just going to need to suffer.
    If that's not an option, you could nuke them from orbit with a set of Enhanced [type] Spell Power augments. Or add it to standard itemization.

I agree, they are in the way. I absolutely ignore all belt items on any spellpower-based character, which is a shame.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Noircere View Post
    To what are you referring? You're not a fan of the set augments?
    No, the RL belts that were made to counteract the LGS stacking spellpower. Both the LGS and belts are terrible for balance and play reasons. I would personally like to remove them from the game by replacing the typing with the regular one.

Quote Originally Posted by Noircere View Post
    Re: Power concerns: I think many people are getting hung up on not enough attractive base item options, which colors perceptions of the Seasons set bonuses. I have inferred that you plan to add more item options / tinker significantly with the existing items. It might be more productive to do that first and discuss the set bonuses later.
    I got the sense that the items were fine, but were too shuffled around set by set. I started with the idea that I could really mix things around, and that looks like it was too much. So step one is to swap things back, then see where we stand.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Quote Originally Posted by Baahb3 View Post

For Spring, Wolf Druid and maybe AA Ranger are about the only two I could see being able to get some value out of enough pieces to equip a 7 piece.
    All right, for most AA Rangers, they could use a boost.
    But Wolf Druid? Does that really need even more power than it has right now?

For Summer, I 'm not sure what might be able to get use out of a 7 piece set.
    With the gear in it, it's just a mess.

Autumn is another mess.
    I can't figure out what class / built might be able to equip a 7 piece.

Winter might be good for an Arti tank, or maybe a Warlock tank to do a 7 piece, and both of those are still questionable.
    Do either of those really need a boost over the current gear available?
    A Fighter or Pally would lucky to be able to use 5 piece. I can't see either equipping a 6 piece without completely wasting slots just for set bonuses.

So exactly what classes are going to get a little boost from this hot mess?

If ALL the gear was in ONE pool and we could craft the set we wanted on it, there is enough gear that most classes should probably have one build that could be mad to work with a 7 piece set.

Community Member

Example Hybrid Set Bonuses to make hybrids viable:

Spring: (ranged based casting hybrid)(requires ranged weapon equipped to benefit from this set)
    1 Your spell power becomes 4 x ranged power
    2 You use your to hit stat as your DC stat,
    3 You use your armor penetration % to bypass spell resistance.
    4 Your spell crit chance and crit multiplier now are the same as your main hand weapon profile.
    5 The reaper self healing penalty no longer applies to you, you instead have a 50% benefit from all healing effects.

If viable hybrds could be made with 4 property named items and standard property sets, we would already have them from existing gear and sets. If you really want to make hybrid gear, you have to cast your net in new water.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 10-22-2020 at 10:43 PM.

I would personally like to remove them from the game by replacing the typing with the regular one.
    Holy ****, YES!!! The RL belts are a blight to this game and should have never been made in the first place.

Community Member

The set bonuses seem "mostly" fine. To me, it looks much more of an issue of figuring out the slot assignments (and to a lesser extent abilities) of each gear piece to make sure that as many builds can get as much of what they need/want while synergizing with other item sets. The fact that there is no ilevel increase (which I commend the devs for) is what makes this problem difficult... but solvable.

No, the RL belts that were made to counteract the LGS stacking spellpower. Both the LGS and belts are terrible for balance and play reasons. I would personally like to remove them from the game by replacing the typing with the regular one.
    Would it be such a bad idea to give the RL belts 6 abilities: Spell Crit, Insightful Spell Power and Quality Spell Power for each of the two elements? They'd still be extremely good, but not must haves.
    Last edited by niknight; 10-22-2020 at 10:41 PM. Reason: response

As someone who plays a spellcaster that royally enjoys overpowered damage numbers, I have to be entirely honest and say thank you, because I keep seeing new belts be added to loot tables and think "Oh hey, that looks really nice!" only to remember that there is only one belt option that is stuck forever, because stacking 202 spellpower is beyond godlike. It's honestly really annoying to be forced to either use a single item for the foreseeable future, or be entirely sub-par by a gigantic amount of damage. I know other people will probably disagree with me, I know some people that -do- agree with me, when I say I hope they are changed to be standard equipment bonuses like everything else with similar numbers. It was nice while it lasted but honestly, it really breaks the balancing setup. So thank you for looking into fixing this that makes me happy.

I started with the idea that I could really mix things around, and that looks like it was too much.
    It's a good idea! Don't give up yet!

The problem as I see it, is not that an additional stacking source of spell damage exists, but that it kicks in at the worst possible time. Nukers are most overpowered around level 11+ even without ravenloft belts, and get nothing when they need help the most (early epics).

I would hope that the belts get nerfed in combination with the epic destiny pass (which I hope will add additional spell damage scaling for epic levels). Then you could also gut meteor swarm and multivial, so nukers aren't just spamming the same spells.
    Thelanis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Akoriv View Post
    For Spring, Wolf Druid and maybe AA Ranger are about the only two I could see being able to get some value out of enough pieces to equip a 7 piece.
    All right, for most AA Rangers, they could use a boost.
    But Wolf Druid? Does that really need even more power than it has right now?
    In terms of AA there is a few things missing that should be put in: Distant diversion(to be an alternative to sharn gloves) and Insightful doubleshot(to be a alternative to helm) for the spring set, and maybe the ring changed to drop the Lore portions as AA's can't crit with elemental imbues. But gear for elemental imbues has been far and few.

Aight after staring into space for like 20 minutes here's the first swap I'm thinking of:

Green Dragonscale Tasset in Spring becomes Black Dragonscale Tasset and swaps effects with the Black Dragonscale Bracers (which then become Green Dragonscale Bracers) in Winter (edit: whoops I meant Fall).
    Perhaps not that new combination. A DPS (melee or ranged) can get theoretically more use out of +50 USP than 10% missile deflection assuming we're using multiple pieces from different sets.

If you want to move the Black Dragonscale to a DPS set, then consider put it in the summer set. I think a lot of people would agree it might be better there than in the spring set.

Default Winter Set

Hey Lyn, as a person that primarily plays tank in high reapers, the 36% HP bonus from a five-piece LGS set is very important. I admit that something of that power level would be too OP for the winter set bonus.

However, would it be possible to have the winter set count as the base set bonus you get from wearing a two piece opposition LGS? That is, additional pieces of greensteel could add 2% more hp per augment on top of the 20% four-piece winter set. This would free up tanks from having to wear all of that greensteel, but still gives them a way to maintain the HP bonus a five-piece LGS set gives.
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Ultrasoul - Officer of Lava Divers

Quote Originally Posted by Caarb View Post
    But it doesn’t. Why would anyone use 7 slots to regain a bonus they had with 3? They wouldn’t unless the lower level set boni were compelling (they aren’t) or the gear is numerically superior (it isn’t). The design goal is right but the implementation only gives the illusion of choice.
    This guy gets it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast