Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Collective Sight for INT and INS INT. Sunken Chains for Q INT, and INS Seeker. If you use the Bloodsigil Ring as your artifact, then you can go CON/INS INT on the goggles.
    Sure, which binds me to a handful of Sharn items and locks out the higher-item set bonuses. And if I use the Esoteric Initiate set (which I'm using today), then Collective Sight is out.

If I want to sprinkle in some Fey items to my existing Sharn setup, then they need to have some options for Intelligence. Or I go completely back to the drawing board and hope that I can find a combination of items that gets me the same level of spellpower/crit chance/DCs while also getting the same amount of Intelligence elsewhere. I can accomplish that today with just Sharn + Gatekeepers equipment, which makes me think that I won't be bothering with using any of the expansion items at all, which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    There is no cloth armor in Summer. If certain mixes and matches are less viable than others, that's totally fine by me, but I'm not going to swap it to prioritize those certain mixes and matches over just... wearing the summer armor in the summer set.
    I am also ok with less viable matching, I just don't understand why a speficially monk item is put into the only set a monk cant really use.
    Thelanis

Quickly floating this as a set bonus draft:

Gray is artifact bonus type, blue is Legendary bonus type (LGS)
    oh for the love of god and all things good in the world PUT THE NERF BAT DOWN!

the bonuses aren't the problem. the gear is. Autumn set once again gets bludgeoned. Now you've taken away the defensiveness of the +3, used to be +4 of dex and con and put caster stats to +4. still not addressing the junk helm, junk bracers, junk dustbone ring and no medium armor. fix the gear then tinker with set bonuses after you get viable gear that people want. No one is complaining about the bonuses they are complaining about the gear itself!!!!!!

This is the point where i am now.
    Ghallanda Characters: Amastris Queen of Thay - Main Character - Epic and Class completionist with 17+ Racial and Iconic lives as a warlock | Grevok The Maniacal - Tanklock Alt
    "If I walk away from a conversation it is not because I have admitted defeat. It is because I can not properly handle your degree in stupidology." - Anonymous

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Archer View Post
    I am also ok with less viable matching, I just don't understand why a speficially monk item is put into the only set a monk cant really use.
    The top half of that post you quoted that you didn't include in your quote contains this text:

I was just going to swap the Changestone and Signet of the Solstice and call it even, which would put the Signet in Spring without requiring me to do any treasure table work.
    So... problem solved?

Quote Originally Posted by Amastris View Post
    oh for the love of god and all things good in the world PUT THE NERF BAT DOWN!

the bonuses aren't the problem. the gear is. Autumn set once again gets bludgeoned. Now you've taken away the defensiveness of the +3, used to be +4 of dex and con and put caster stats to +4. still not addressing the junk helm, junk bracers, junk dustbone ring and no medium armor. fix the gear then tinker with set bonuses after you get viable gear that people want. No one is complaining about the bonuses they are complaining about the gear itself!!!!!!

This is the point where i am now.
    Hey, uh, friend, are you doing okay? I know 2020 has been a rough year for a lot of us, but this feels like you're really really upset and I'm not sure how to help. You're more than welcome to DM me if you need someone to talk to, my PMs are open, okay?
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 10-22-2020 at 06:16 PM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

The top half of that post you quoted that you didn't include in your quote contains this text:

So... problem solved?
    Ah ok, missed that. All good
    Thelanis

Default Cool

I love the Dodge Cap and the HP increases! Very cool.

A couple of quick comments:
    1- almost seems like the HP increase and the tactics are switched? HP in Summer and Tactics in Winter? Maybe I love HP but throwing 5% HP elsewhere would be sweet. Yup, I’m a dreamer! Ha!
    2- the +20 PRR and MRR seem like they could be 30? Again, dreamer here!

Community Member

Ideally, a melee character will use Spring, Summer, or a mix of the two for offense, and maybe some Winter for defense. A single monk item in Summer is different than a set bonus that simply will not function if you're using the armor of the same set.
    The problem with being wedded to keeping Sharn stuff out of Tier 2/3/4 is the effects we do get for Spring/Summer end up not being DPS benefits. MRR is cool (unless you're a monk*) but *no* combination of Spring/Summer is going to be viable for a DPS character because nothing in either 2-4 set bonuses actually provides a solid DPS boost.

Out of the first four bonuses for Spring and Summer you get 3 Sneak Attack Dice. That's it. And I can get that more easily than any other bonus from existing gear (Part of the Family, Profane Experiment, Ravenloft Light Armor, several U47 sets).

That's it for actual offensive power. Which means back to sharn sets for that, unless there are items to make it worth stacking up to 7. Now, is 20 MRR and 5 tactical DCs a nice set bonus to accompany Sharn? Yes it certainly is. Would you lock yourself into 4 items to do it? Not unless they were really useful items. And you have to rule out any item here that blocks a sharn item, so no necklace for melee/helm for ranged and no gloves or armour for either. So that's a few items (including artefacts) ruled out immediately. And if I can't use a Feywild artefact that's one less slot to fit these four items in as I'll need an artefact from another pack instead.

The monk complaints are a symptom of this problem. It's not that the Summer item makes the set appealing, its that 5 tactical DCs might actually be useful for monks so sticking it as the most attractive option on a set that otherwise ignores them is really frustrating.

To explain why I (and probably some others) negatively compare these sets to Sharn - I really want to make the switch. Not to have gear to farm or anything, but because having to wear the one necklace and one gloves item to get melee benefits has got super old, and there are already lots of cool items that have too many overlapping effects with those same two items that I'd love to be able to try out. That's the downside of the inflexibility of Sharn, which is why the vision of a more flexible set up here is soooo appealing. But stacking flexible items has to have some benefit, and right now, its way too back loaded in terms of offensive power.

I don't have any suggestions for what to add that is new and a DPS increase, partly because the most obvious effects are all on sharn loot already and partly because it will lead to serious power creep. Maybe something unused from LSG? Doesn't it have some kind of melee crit damage boost that could be included here? Or perhaps not all the bonuses need to be artefact type? Say, 10 Profane Melee power at Summer 3 (stacks with Sharn, already obtainable from Soulrazor/Mists sets so not necessarily overwhelming OP power creep), then 15 Artefact Melee Power at Summer 7 with something new and exciting, so Sharn/Summer gets you the best melee power (at a cost of 6 slots) but Summer 7 gets you something unique and a Summer/x combo of 6-7 Feywild items still has some actual offensive benefit.

Moving part (not all, part) of the sharn bonuses down to lower slots still looks like a good solution to make these somewhat viable in combination, IMO.

You always say you want constructive feedback and give us **** that would better to be scrapped and redone from square one.
    Give something semi-tolerable if you want real constructive feedback.

If you insist on these 7 items sets, make the set bonuses something that we can craft onto ANY seven items from ALL the gear from EVERY set you have up there.

What you have right now will make it impossible to get decent gear sets for all but a few builds.

/Sigh. Why are you continuing to make the set bonuses worse. Quite honestly I don’t even know why I care anymore. I will continue to wear LGS that was released in update 29 on 12/17/2015. Almost 5 years of wearing gear for a tank 36% HPS. I really don’t want to wear LGS. I want a change. As a tank I can’t lose the hit points.

if winter was made 30% HPS. I could finally start changing out gear that I think is outdated , unfortunately I don’t think this will ever happen. Stuck with Sharn and LGS for the foreseeable future.

I tank for my quild so it makes things easier on them. I should just change him into a Sorc.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by WiseFreelancer View Post
    Now, is 20 MRR and 5 tactical DCs a nice set bonus to accompany Sharn? Yes it certainly is. Would you lock yourself into 4 items to do it? Not unless they were really useful items.
    Well, let's shoot for that, then. At least 4 of the Summer items just need to be cool and not in Gloves or Necklace slots. Sounds like a clearable goalpost to me.
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 10-22-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Thumbs up

The fall set definitely makes more sense like this Everything looks good to me!

Just as a side note the 5% universal crit from the set only gave me 1% on preview 2 and I have no clue where to report these things properly on lam
    Helthen from Orien

So... problem solved?
    The gear in the spring set is at best **** for a Monk.
    Putting the trinket in the set does not change that fact.
    If you expect us to gear a playable Monk, 2/3s of the best gear for a Monk out what you have put out is split between the Summer and Winter sets.

That is a LOT of slots to not get much better than Current Sharn. Seems Weird.

Suggestions:

Spring: T6 sucks. It's worse than the 3 piece sharns for double the slots. Either make it comparable or more OR change type. 10% insightful? 5% Quality? I think t7 should be 30. Again, that's a LOT of slots.
    Summer: t5 & t6 seem weak for number of slots. 17%?
    Fall: Why worse than Sharn for double the slots again on t6? Weird. It should at LEAST be comparable imo. So, 4 stat. I don't love the 5% spell crit instead of 10 either in t2
    Winter: Looks decent to me.

I think Summer and Spring should have STR and DEX in them. t6 or t7 seems right. Again, it's a lot of slots to devote.

If you don't want to go at/above Sharn Values, then try some other effects.

Spring: LGS ooze or salt chance or knockdown; a DR bypass type; Reflex Save Bonus; stacking elec resist/absorb; chance to proc improved barkskin spell on char?
    Summer: Chance to apply Vulnerable; a DR bypass type; Fort Save Bonus; stacking fire res/absorb; chance to proc sunburst?

I'm just spitballing here

Bottom line: You went variety. That's good. But, I don't see much reason to go beyond 3-5 slots. t6 and t7 are generally not great for more slots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

Items
    Thorn Boots Boots
    Minimum Level: 5/29
    • Bloody Thorns These boots are both surefooted and a dangerous weapon to those well-versed in Nature. You receive a Primal bonus to Damage for half of your Wilderness Lore feats.
    • Wisdom +4/+21
    • Rough Hide +3/+5
    • Natural Armor Bonus +4/+21
    • Blue/Green Augment Slot
    • Set Bonus Seasons of the Feywild/Eminence of Spring

Vinelash Bracers Bracers
    • Improved Deception
    • Quality Deception n/a/+4
    • Doubleshot +3/+13
    • Insightful Dodge +1/+10

The Lotus Mail Light Armor
    • Fortification +59%/+214%
    • Healing Amplification +14/+85
    • Reflex +3/+17
    • Dodge +4%/+21%
    Rockslide Ring Ring
    • Shatter +4/+23
    • Insightful Dexterity +1/+10
    • Insightful Combat Mastery +2/+9
    • Improved Earthen Guard
    • Yellow/Green Augment Slot

Ring of Spring's Storms Ring
    • Lightning Lore +9%/+31%
    • Magnetism +59/+214
    • Sonic Lore +9%/+31%
    • Resonance +59/+214
    • Yellow/Green Augment Slot

Cloak of Spring Cloak
    • Electricity Absorption +16%/+50%
    • Dexterity +4/+21
    • Insightful Dexterity +1/+10
    • Parrying +1/+10

So just a mock set + magmatic grasp(artifact is good so no complaints there!) for 7 pc spring. Left out helm as I want to use something else there, leaving me with these choices. Removed changestone since it seems you are moving that to summer.

My biggest complaint would probably be the 2 rings. Also the wisdom on Thorn boots if you do move the wisdom trinket to spring.
    For rockslide ring could insightful dex go to insightful doubleshot(only 1 in game and its a helm) as insightful dex is already in spring set on the cloak, or vice versa and cloak gets insightful doubleshot instead. As for insightful combat mastery, maybe insightful accuracy instead?

For ring of storms: Trying to keep it storm related Idk what to do with that ring as its of no use except a set filler and maybe electric arrows on an AA but thats only for 1 effect. So maybe: Lightning spell power, insightful or quality spellpower lightning, lightning resist(not absorb!), then evocation DC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Systems Designer

Aight after staring into space for like 20 minutes here's the first swap I'm thinking of:

Green Dragonscale Tasset in Spring becomes Black Dragonscale Tasset and swaps effects with the Black Dragonscale Bracers (which then become Green Dragonscale Bracers) in Winter (edit: whoops I meant Fall).
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 10-22-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Default I think TYPE is the issue

Lower the values, but change the TYPE. Go with "primal" or "luck" rather than "artifact". I think that would help take out conflict with current sets AND force harder choices. Make t7 +2 to stat, but the unique type. NOW you have to make hard choices.

I think things get a lot more interesting if most of these are NOT "artifact." That's my .02. Otherwise, there's a lot of work to do, imo.

Hey, uh, friend, are you doing okay? I know 2020 has been a rough year for a lot of us, but this feels like you're really really upset and I'm not sure how to help. You're more than welcome to DM me if you need someone to talk to, my PMs are open, okay?
    That all depends on if you are going to fix the gear or not? fixing the Autumn set gear will help! I am totaling willing to collaborate on changes. Granted i dont have the midas touch just yet but i have been known to come up with some great ideas over my 20+ years of playing mmoprgs

I am not upset, just the loudest voice on the flaws of this design of gear. The cause for change in this gear needs voices of leadership, i choose to be one of those voices. Squeaky wheel and all that jazz. Me upset is cursing like a sailor. no cursing here chat filter and whatnot + i dont want Cordovan dropping the war hammer down on me for violating the forum rules. My fleshy dad bod doesn't take well to blunt force trauma.

I sent you a DM genuinely apologizing about what you saw as an insult on my part a few days ago and got no reply. Look i get it that you're busy with all the preview stuff. takes 2 seconds to write "hey Amastris, thanks for that i appreciate your apology." ok maybe 3 if you're a slow typer but silence is wounding (and golden if your in a theater but who goes to those anymore?) Heck i even sent Coco a DM about gear and got no reply. so that begs the question are your PM's really open???

Unfortunately i couldnt find a pic of anyone beating a dead unicorn because well, they aren't real. and lets be honest who would want to see someone beating a real dead unicorn? that's just tragic. so the poor charlie pic was the best i came up with in 2 mins of searching the interwebs.
    Ghallanda Characters: Amastris Queen of Thay - Main Character - Epic and Class completionist with 17+ Racial and Iconic lives as a warlock | Grevok The Maniacal - Tanklock Alt
    "If I walk away from a conversation it is not because I have admitted defeat. It is because I can not properly handle your degree in stupidology." - Anonymous

Aight after staring into space for like 20 minutes here's the first swap I'm thinking of:

Green Dragonscale Tasset in Spring becomes Black Dragonscale Tasset and swaps effects with the Black Dragonscale Bracers (which then become Green Dragonscale Bracers) in Winter.

OK wait what? a change? can you clarify on this because i think, and im not being a jerk here, but you might be confused. i know theres like a ton of gear and its easy to confuse. Black dragonscale tasset are in autumn set. so what you are saying is that you are going to take the effect of the green dragonscale tasset which is correctly stated in the spring set and place them on the black dragonscale tasset and move the black dragonscale tasset to the winter set? or is your meaning actually winter=autumn?

so this would be in effect switching a melee item into a melee set and moving a caster item into the caster set. like i have been saying from the getgo. if you do this i would consider it a small victory. although i am not finished championing the fight for changes to the autumn set! you have been warned.

Addendum: this is going to further mess up the crown of leaves. if you move the black dragonscale tasset into autumn which i believe is you meaning this then gives casters a 10% magical efficiency thus negating the 5% heroic / 10% legendary on crown of leaves so the only benefit on it for any caster would be the profane well rounded.
    Last edited by Amastris; 10-22-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Systems Designer

OK wait what? a change?
    Yes. This is the entire point of previews, to change things. I change things all the time. It's what the entire point of this thread is for - to get changes suggested.

although i am not finished championing the fight for changes to the autumn set! you have been warned.
    I'd like to politely point out that the methods you call "championing" are not remotely helpful and I'd drastically prefer literally any other type of feedback.
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 10-22-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Default On Set Bonuses.

I just want to say that T4s look good. So, thanks for that. Just need to work on the rest. XD

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast