Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Whats the DC and hopefully not based on a copy from other gear with the same effect.
    ~DC 30 Fortitude save Slay Living spell, 5% chance of activating.

At level 28 the mob would have to roll a 1/20 with a 5% proc chance and no death ward and no spell resist. for a .0025 chance.

Level 28 Orange slot should be much better than this...
    I tested one of these on the live server this week. Testing confirmed a 30 save prevents the death, and between 1% and 5% proc rate. So it appears it is the same old 30 DC Slay Living - which is pretty useless at level 28+ (roughly 1 in 400 chance to slay something that isn't death warded).

This augment should be upgraded with a much higher DC. Maybe at 100 DC it might be worth consideration for players, while still fairly weak. The same goes for the level 28+ weapons that have Slay Living on them (Legendary Wave of Sorrow and Legendary Wave of Despair) which have a very weak effect on them but cost a lot to acquire.
    Lawbotomy - 150+ past lives, 132 reaper points.
    Dannesk - Beefy healer and wannabe tank.
    Thaak - Crowd control / healer bard.
    Leader of Pestilence - Thelanis

Community Member

Default Questions about Set Bonus augments

Colorless "Set Bonus" Augments[/B]
    Each of the following is a Colorless augment. Slotting one of these augments into an item that already has a set bonus will cause that set bonus to be suppressed and replaced (so long as this augment remains slotted in that item) with the set bonus listed on the augment. (Note: These can be slotted into items that don't have set bonuses as well)
    Just to be clear, if the item that the Set Bonus augment is slotted into is worn without the other two items from the set, then the Set Bonus augment has no effect?

And, what if the Set Bonus augment is slotted into a single item that has no set bonus and is not part of a set?

Quote Originally Posted by Erokir View Post
    Just to be clear, if the item that the Set Bonus augment is slotted into is worn without the other two items from the set, then the Set Bonus augment has no effect?
    Correct. You need three of the same set bonus augment in three different items to benefit from the bonus.
    Khyber: Kobeyashi | Ying. R10 or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Emerald of Bitter Wounds
    • Minimum Level: 30
    • Binding: Bound to Account
    • Color: Green
    • Effect Granted: Boon of Undeath: Every time a character wearing a Boon of Undeath item is struck in combat, an Inflict Light Wounds spell will be cast on the character.

Dismagicka
    • Minimum Level: 30
    • Binding: Bound to Account
    • Color: Orange
    • Effect Granted: Shattermantle: When a Shattermantle weapon strikes a foe that has spell resistance, the value of that spell resistance is reduced by 3 for 9 seconds.
    Neither of these augments have been discovered in game, when every other non-raid item has been verified. Unless these only drop in the forthcoming raid (seems unlikely), then they have been omitted. Would appreciate confirmation from SSG if the omission is intentional or not. Thank you.

Community Member

Default And they can be [I]any[/I] three items

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Correct. You need three of the same set bonus augment in three different items to benefit from the bonus.
    They don't need to belong to any set? For example, they could be three Cannith Crafted items?

They don't need to belong to any set? For example, they could be three Cannith Crafted items?
    That's not what he said, you're quoting him out of context. (Read the original post for the quote to set the context of the response.)

Afaiu, the 3 items need to be "set items", just that they don't need to belong to the same set. CC items are not "set" items.
    The Basics of DDO / "Select Adventure Pack" Sales & "How to choose an Adventure Pack"

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." Bill Murray

Say you want the Cruel Cut set bonus (+15% damage vs helpless). You create three of the Cruel Cut augments. You slot each augment into three different items. If the item you slotted the augment into had a set bonus before, it gets overridden by the Cruel Cut augment set bonus. Cannith Crafted items don't have an existing set bonus, so you could slot a Cruel Cut augment into three different Cannith Crafted items to get the Cruel Cut bonus (assuming those items had a colorless augment slot).

The items can be any items. You just do not want to the set augments in items with a set bonus on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    The items can be any items. You just do not want to the set augments in items with a set bonus on them.
    Really? Because that's exactly the opposite of how it's written.
    The Basics of DDO / "Select Adventure Pack" Sales & "How to choose an Adventure Pack"

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." Bill Murray

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Really, yes. The description is a bit confusing, but it works that way. Three equal augments (aka, from the same set) on three different items (it doesn't matter if they are CC or named, but if they have a previous set, they will lose it)
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    How does this help? At all?

Really?

TBH I think those that keep score on this kind of stuff are so petty they're probably not worth grouping with in any case. I doubt this would be their only behavioural hang up.

I've never seen that sort of behaviour (blocking folks because they don't pass loot) in many years of riaiding. Maybe I've just been lucky with those I happen to group with. Maybe the notion is just some fantasy though (no pun intended!).

If SSG insist on driving such stimulus into the game, it's not the players fault. We are only human.
    I don't think they are saying people will keep track of you if you never roll away your items, and I mean, if the item drops in the chest for you then it's your item to do with what you will; most people won't get upset over that. What they are saying is that people will notice if you roll on every single item that is put up for roll, and possibly squelch you for it. This doesn't require someone to be paying a ton of attention, it is actually rather attention catching if someone rolls on every item across multiple quests. It's kinda understandable that some people would then squelch someone who does that or to simply say "roll d123 except [person]" or ignore their roll or whatever, since at its base, this is just annoying to quest with. At worst, it might be enraging to some because the person clearly has no use whatsoever for that item now and clearly has no intention of using it for anything except hoarding in case a new augment that uses it comes out.

While I cannot fault people for hating the hoarders and squelching them, I also cannot really fault people for trying to hoard like this so that if a crucial augment to have comes out, then they don't need to spend weeks or months trying to get it just to be viable. It's just a really difficult situation all around.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    No it's not the opposite, the way it's written does not explicitly state that you must put it in an item with a preexisting set. It just states that if you put it in an item with a set, then the set will be replaced by the augment's set. Also there is a note saying that it doesn't need to be a set item, not sure if that was there when you commented this though or if it was added because of the confusion here.

Overall I love the augment changes, but while the idea of needing to farm a lot of the same item for a set is cool, it is highly impractical. Both the fact that it's inanely expensive, as has been mentioned, and the fact that Feywild added a bunch of set items we can use in conjunction with sharn--which is great, gearwise, but it also means that the set augments could potentially be meh even if you actually get them because you might have to overrule some other set bonuses to use them. Also the Improved Deconstruction augment sucks, the idea of needing those 3 items for it is actually pretty cool imo but as pointed out, the Deconstructor augment from Brothers of the Forge is basically the same but better. It applies the exact same debuff (I think), just 3 times slower, and on top of that gives adamantine bypass, while being vastly easier to obtain.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011