Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Ruby of shock (level 4) is doing 1 point for fire damage and not doing 2d6 as stated. On a light crossbow.

Also ruby of Jolting (level 8) is doing 1 point of electric damage every few shoots on a crossbow. Also it states that is meant to do 6d6?

Ruby of shock (level 12) does 1 point of fire damage. States it should do 3d6.

Ruby of Jolting (level 16) does 1 point of fire damage. States it should do 9d6.

Ruby of Shock (level 20) from trade in the 12, does 1 point of fire damage. States 4d6?

Ruby of Jolting (level 24) does 1 point of fire damage. States it should do 12d6.

So not working as stated and level 8 and 20 is very wrong with its die.
    Last edited by SirShen; 10-22-2020 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Added level 20

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Soulforged Augments
    Each of the following can be Soulforge crafted with a combination of Threads of Fate, an Empty Soul Vessel (Ingredient found in Feywild Content), and a specific named item. The augment, when placed in an item will grant that item one of the effects from the named item that the augment was made from.
    Here i really think those two whould be in line with the other proposed ones and make gearing a lot more flexible.

Essence of Blessed Travels (Alternative for the named item: Timeshard)
    • Ingredients Required to Craft: 50 Threads of Fate, 1 Empty Soul Vessel, 1 Boots of Blessed Travels
    • Minimum Level: 30
    • Binding: Bound to Account
    • Color: Yellow
    • Effect Granted: Freedom of Movement

Essence of the Celestial Soldier (Alternative for the named item: Mantel of Esher, Platemail of Strahd, Coat of Van Richten, Patience Through Peril altho these are used in the set augments already, so i prefered the Buckler)
    • Ingredients Required to Craft: 50 Threads of Fate, 1 Empty Soul Vessel, 1 Buckler of the Celesti
    • Color: Yellow
    • Effect Granted: Ghostly

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Colorless "Set Bonus" Augments
    Each of the following is a Colorless augment. Slotting one of these augments into an item that already has a set bonus will cause that set bonus to be suppressed and replaced (so long as this augment remains slotted in that item) with the set bonus listed on the augment. (Note: These can be slotted into items that don't have set bonuses as well)
    Here i think the majority of comments in the first preview argumented, fairly strong and sane as i think, that this will be a big blow to the attitude amongst the raiding society. Many ppl will just start keeping their drops, since you never know, when they might be used for a new set augment. Some lucky ones might be quite fast with collecting their three items and stop doing the raid, others will be unlucky and "never" get their three items for a particular set.

I think the goal is to make older raids more interesting again, which i do really advocate. But i think its the wrong way to get it done.

It was suggested to make it raid rune dependend to get the set augments. This i do think is a great idea. On the one hand, since it makes the chances even for everyone, while still regarding the different capabilitys of players and on the other hand, since it will increase the number of raud-lfm, so more casual players will have better chances to get raids done and collect some of the augments as well and thereby furthermore increase the attitude amongst players.

Here is another idea on how to make it more even between all the raids. How about you make the Augments like this:

xyz
    • Ingredients Required to Craft: 50 Threads of Fate, 1 Empty Soul Vessel, 100 Runes of every Raid-Rune
    • 3-Piece Set Bonus: xyz

If i did count correctly there are 13 different Raid-Runes and thereby the set whould cost 3.900 Raid-Runes which is somewhat in line with the cost of three different raid items.

so long...

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by DrawingGuy View Post
    ...do not like the current implementation of Set Bonus Augments. They are already extremely expensive to craft, are limited to one bonus per item, and suppress any other set bonus. The concept of having to chew up three of the same raid item to use up three augment slots on three items for a single bonus is just silly in my opinion.
    Agreed.

Have devs actually thought about comparing Set Augments with these Soul Augments? They are literally more than 3 times worse. They cost 3 times as much to make, you give up 3 times as many augment slots, and you also have to give up 3 set bonus contributions, all for a single effect. The Soul augments also give a single effect, but cost 1/3 as much, take up 1/3 the augment slots, and don't cause you to lose 3 pieces worth of set bonus. How do you introduce 2 things with similar end utility but so vastly different in cost at the same time? It makes no sense at all.

1) Simply have an "Augment Set Bonus". This means you can mix any three or more and then get the set bonus. This would indeed be some strong flexibility, but acceptable considering the costs I think.
    That's a good idea.

2) Group some of these augments into sets rather than everything being individual - This would be much less flexible, but at least a much more palatable cost. Example split:
    Grouping them is an OK idea, but I don't like your specific sets. :-)

Also, I'll re-mention my idea from Preview 1:

You create a "Set Augment" that belongs to a specific name set, and that does nothing directly, but when slotted into an item, makes it part of that set.

So for example, you could create an Augment of Flame-cleansed Fury by sacrificing Tattered Scrolls of the Broken One, slot that augment into, say, the boots you wear, and take off the Hallowed Castigators without giving up your 3-piece set bonus, finally allowing you to be able to use that Band of Diani ir'Wynam you've been staring at for months but could never use because it conflicted.
    Last edited by SirValentine; 10-22-2020 at 10:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Community Member

I'm mostly wondering about the Fortification augment changes (given that the Heavy one is a godsend at lower levels, and this might be a direct nerf), and whether we'll now get tiered Deathward augments (i.e: ones with the Lifesealed item effect)

I'll be a bit at odds with socketing level 8 augments in my Ravenloft gear and level 12 ones in the Sharn stuff I'm slowly gathering, but otherwise this is pretty pleasing to the eye.

Oh, also, will we get insightful stat augments?
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    I'm mostly wondering about the Fortification augment changes (given that the Heavy one is a godsend at lower levels, and this might be a direct nerf),
    So yes, swapping over to the new scaling would be a direct nerf, but no, it's not changing. I have long term plans to swap Fort from a numerical equation to a static progression that would snap it to 5% increments, frontload it a ton, and then have it taper off, so if that happens, the augment will ideally swap to using the new internal math but keep the same front-facing numbers.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

I don't suppose it would be possible for the new version of augments to not have min levels and instead just scale to the level of the item? EG instead of having an ml 1 +1 str, ml 4 +3 str, ml 8 +5 str, etc, just have a strength augment. If you put it in an ml 3 item it would be +2 str, if you put it in an ml 5 item, it would be +4 str, etc. In this version, nonscaling augments would still keep their min levels.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by peng View Post
    I don't suppose it would be possible for the new version of augments to not have min levels and instead just scale to the level of the item? EG instead of having an ml 1 +1 str, ml 4 +3 str, ml 8 +5 str, etc, just have a strength augment. If you put it in an ml 3 item it would be +2 str, if you put it in an ml 5 item, it would be +4 str, etc. In this version, nonscaling augments would still keep their min levels.
    +1

I've been hoping for something like this for years. I would literally pay extra of my hard-earned cash to see this happen. No joke.
    >>>Itchybeard (Crafter), Greensmash (Main), All Others (Mules)<<<

Community Member

So I tested the mini vorpal augment that is supposed to kill things under 500 hp and do massive damage to things over 500. The massive damage I saw maxed out at about 20!!! amazing....

On a positive note the fort bypass set bonus and strength artifact seem to be working. Rest in peace helm of the final watcher no one will ever pass you to anyone in project nemesis ever again.

There seems to be a pretty consistent view that the set augments concept needs changed due to both the material costs required to create the augments and the opportunity costs involved in having to utilise three augment slots.

Devs, having seen this feedback, what are your thoughts on addressing these aspects of concern now, or not?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    Ruby of shock (level 4) is doing 1 point for fire damage and not doing 2d6 as stated. On a light crossbow.

Also ruby of Jolting (level 8) is doing 1 point of electric damage every few shoots on a crossbow. Also it states that is meant to do 6d6?

Ruby of shock (level 12) does 1 point of fire damage. States it should do 3d6.

Ruby of Jolting (level 16) does 1 point of fire damage. States it should do 9d6.

Ruby of Shock (level 20) from trade in the 12, does 1 point of fire damage. States 4d6?

Ruby of Jolting (level 24) does 1 point of fire damage. States it should do 12d6.

So not working as stated and level 8 and 20 is very wrong with its die.

Read it carefully. They're different.

24: Crit Damage 12d6 (Sovereign)
    16: Crit Damage 9d6 (Greater)
    8: Crit Damage 6d6 (--)
    (They should rename these seriously. can be easily regarded as regular ones below.)

28: Damage 5d6
    20: Damage 4d6 (Superior)
    12: Damage 3d6 (Improved)
    4: Damage 2d6 (Lesser)
    1: Damage 1d6 (Minor)

TBH, Crit damage ones are... worse than the prior augment.

For example:
    2d6(4 lvl) x 100 hits = 200d6
    100 hits * crit 30% = 30 crit hits * 6d6(8 lvl) = 180d6
    100 hits * crit 10% = 10 crit hits * 6d6(8 lvl) = 60d6

4d6(20 lvl) x 100 hits = 400d6
    100 hits * crit 30% = 30 crit hits * 12d6(24 lvl) = 360d6
    100 hits * crit 10% = 10 crit hits * 12d6(24 lvl) = 120d6

We have no reason to use 8/16/24 level rubies. They're worse than the lower level ones.
    Last edited by Targal; 10-23-2020 at 08:05 AM.
    Ghallanda Server
    Dragant, Palescale, Glimmerspell, Scalefavor
    Officer of DDO Korea Unlimited

Community Member

would really love to see something to support monk stances, with different bonuses depending on what stance you are in, there are a bunch of older equipment that worked with them but it feels a bit lacking at cap now stance wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Targal View Post
    Read it carefully. They're different.

24: Crit Damage 12d6 (Sovereign)
    16: Crit Damage 9d6 (Greater)
    8: Crit Damage 6d6 (--)
    (They should rename these seriously. can be easily regarded as regular ones below.)

28: Damage 5d6
    20: Damage 4d6 (Superior)
    12: Damage 3d6 (Improved)
    4: Damage 2d6 (Lesser)
    1: Damage 1d6 (Minor)

TBH, Crit damage ones are... worse than the prior augment.

For example:
    2d6(4 lvl) x 100 hits = 200d6
    100 hits * crit 30% = 30 crit hits * 6d6(8 lvl) = 180d6
    100 hits * crit 10% = 10 crit hits * 6d6(8 lvl) = 60d6

4d6(20 lvl) x 100 hits = 400d6
    100 hits * crit 30% = 30 crit hits * 12d6(24 lvl) = 360d6
    100 hits * crit 10% = 10 crit hits * 12d6(24 lvl) = 120d6

We have no reason to use 8/16/24 level rubies. They're worse than the lower level ones.
    You are telling me to read carefully? Did you even read mine?
    They are all doing 1 point of fire damage except 1 that doing 1 point of electric every few shots and the die for different levels does not look correct. Its feedback.

I don't think lifetaker is supposed to be purple.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    You are telling me to read carefully? Did you even read mine?
    They are all doing 1 point of fire damage except 1 that doing 1 point of electric every few shots and the die for different levels does not look correct. Its feedback.
    You seemed to have some confusion about the dice scales cause you showed question marks on the ones which has weird dice scale(crit damage ones and normal hit ones) and I am not talking about why they all do 1 damage which willl br fixed eventually.

And no offense, again, I just thought you didn't notice the difference of those weirdly scaling rubies, not about why they does 1 damage. I am sorry if it was spoken offensively.
    Last edited by Targal; 10-23-2020 at 07:11 PM.
    Ghallanda Server

Community Member

Filled slots can be emptied by dragging a Jeweler's Toolkit over a slotted augment.
    The real question is: Are we getting an improvement of the droprate of Jeweler Toolkits to at least the droprate of Sentient Toolkits?

Making augments integral means that there will be more swapping required. Right now there is very little need to remove an augment. If Jeweler Toolkits are going to still be rare this will be a punch in the face. And don't even think that your 1 free jeweler's Toolkit this week is going to make up for the countless swapping people will need to do (not talking about legacy), similar to how people adjust Sentience today.

Dont get me wrong again many things you change for augments are very good but too bad some details spoil the anticipation for these changes substantially.

I can only repeat myself from the first preview, ML30 on the named augments is lame, what do you expect?
    We augment our precious ML 26, 28, and 29 items with ML30 augments, and then we cannot use them only in lvl 30?
    It's already lame that we have to wait for lvl 29 until we can finally use the majority of good items after a reincarnation but then such items are only usable at lvl 30.
    This is another case that makes me doubt that the DDO developers actually play DDO.
    Reincarnation is an integral and VERY important part of the game and therefore players need items for ALL character levels!

And this leads me to the point that augments should work like the augments from Haunted Halls you dont have augments with an ML, the ML of the item should decide the augment effect.
    Especially lame here is that you e.g. have augmented with ML 12 and ML 16 but many items have the ML 15 what should I do now? make my item ML16 with this augment or use an ML 12 augment that is basically too weak for an ML15 item?
    With scaling augments like the augments from Haunted Halls, this would be no problem at all.

Not to mention that especially DDO needs items that are usable at any character level because we play from level 1 to level 30 again and again.
    The more I think about it the more I think DDO needs basically a complete overhaul...
    But also a small change would be possible and this small change would be the current item effect who can scale with the character level rather than the ML on the item (technically the ML of the item changes when your character gets a level up).
    Last edited by Chacka_DDO; 10-24-2020 at 12:42 AM.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    Dont get me wrong again many things you change for augments are very good but too bad some details spoil the anticipation for these changes substantially.

I can only repeat myself from the first preview, ML30 on the named augments is lame, what do you expect?
    We augment our precious ML 26, 28, and 29 items with ML30 augments, and then we cannot use them only in lvl 30?
    It's already lame that we have to wait for lvl 29 until we can finally use the majority of good items after a reincarnation but then such items are only usable at lvl 30.
    This is another case that makes me doubt that the DDO developers actually play DDO.
    Reincarnation is an integral and VERY important part of the game and therefore players need items for ALL character levels!

And this leads me to the point that augments should work like the augments from Haunted Halls you dont have augments with an ML, the ML of the item should decide the augment effect.
    Especially lame here is that you e.g. have augmented with ML 12 and ML 16 but many items have the ML 15 what should I do now? make my item ML16 with this augment or use an ML 12 augment that is basically too weak for an ML15 item?
    With scaling augments like the augments from Haunted Halls, this would be no problem at all.

Not to mention that especially DDO needs items that are usable at any character level because we play from level 1 to level 30 again and again.
    The more I think about it the more I think DDO needs basically a complete overhaul...
    But also a small change would be possible and this small change would be the current item effect who can scale with the character level rather than the ML on the item (technically the ML of the item changes when your character gets a level up).
    I'm personally interested in a way that SSG can possibly makes new augments in another scaling way... I mean

Pure(=Heroic scale) Diamond of Strength
    • Minimum Level: 1
    • Description: Gain strength stat based on the minimum level of the gear the augment is slotted to.
    • Stat Value: regular stat scale based on Heroic gear scale.

Flawless(=Epic scale) Diamond of Strength
    • Minimum Level: 20
    • Description: Gain strength stat based on the minimum level of the gear the augment is slotted to.
    • Stat Value: regular stat scale based on Epic gear scale. (ex. Spellpower is incredibly scaled at Epic)

Eternal(=Legendary scale) Diamond of Strength
    • Minimum Level: 26
    • Stat Value: regular stat scale based on Legendary gear scale. (ex. Gears from epic/legendary raid are incredibly scaled.)

If you slot Heroic Diamond of Strength to a gear(lvl 30), It will follow regular cannith stat scale as level 30.
    If you slot Epic Diamond of Strength to a gear(lvl 1), It will raise its minimum level to 20 and follow epic stat scale as level 20.

When comparing regular augment to this, x4 lvl things should be easy to get while these should be quite special to get, if this is accepted.
    Maybe this isn't the thing SSG wants. because it takes a lot of efforts? because they think they do the best? I dunno.
    Last edited by Targal; 10-24-2020 at 02:04 AM.
    Ghallanda Server

Community Member

Hi Lynnabel,

It seems vitality+20 augment was not upgraded to a higher value.

Also insightful attribute augment were not upgraded.

Is it possible to upgrade vitality augment to 47 at level 28, and insightful attribute augment to +5 at level 28, in line with cannith crafting at level 28?

Thank you for your kind consideration!

Community Member

Lynnabel - Any chance for a soulforged augment with Relentless Fury?
    Last edited by RS-Makk; 10-24-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Can anyone check these ones?:

Draconic Soul Gem
    Globe of Imperial Blood (heroic one)
    Vitality +20
    Festive Wis/Int

ML.
    I am curious about the vitality one too, thx
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast