Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Andu_Indorin View Post
    Different, and I enjoyed playing Sancho. It took me a while to figure out something that worked. Partly because I was given an "interact" option that didn't have any discernible effect
    On what object/monster, specifically?
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The object/monster were gem-behorned cats (or maybe the very gems themselves). Perhaps the "interact" icon displayed when my camera view crosses the gem itself -- I cannot say for certain after the fact. I do know I hit "U" and left clicked rather a lot before looking for alternative.

Regarding Witch Hunt: On the fourth time through, I finally looked into my pack and discovered the solution to my frustration with the portals. Perhaps you could tell me: Did I miss some dialogue with the Summer Herald at the very beginning of the quest that would have offered a clue to employing the four banners found nearby?

Thanks.

Community Member

Assuming the spiders are intended to be a reused model and aren't a placeholder, I feel like the Crimson Foot model from Vale and a couple other places would be a good candidate for them. They aren't used as much so would be a bit more unique, and have more of a supernatural feel to them that fits better for an extraplanar area, but wouldn't require any extra art development if it wasn't originally planned.

Not who you're asking but I had the same issue. As much as I enjoyed the Windmill quest (huge Cervantes fan), the windmill fight itself was rather confusing.

Firstly, you're doing no real damage to the windmill and it regenerates what damage you did manage. That's fine if you know that's how the quest works but it took a while for the gem-headed topiary to make an appearance. Then you get the DM text that something is trying to avoid you. When you approach the gem-heads you have an interact icon when you hover them but, it doesn't do anything, you can't target them, they just wander about. Eventually you figure out that you need the Windmill to drop "on" them. I say "on" because the damage radius towards the topiaries of the Windmill is rather large, larger than the circle indicator. Which, could lead you to believe if you're not paying attention, that something else was the cause of the Windmill eventually shutting down.

1. The interact icon means something is an interactable. When you see that icon and nothing happens when you try to interact with it you start to wonder what sort of skill check you're failing.
    1a. So, no idea if there's a way to influence the gem-head topiaries or not. Just chase them around and try to herd them towards the Windmill.
    2. I have no idea what I did to actually finish that fight.
    3. I don't know why the Windmill needed to smash the gem-head topiaries. (other than to finish the fight. I get that was what needed to happen, but no idea why that might have been)
    4. I don't know if the Windmill was susceptible to aggro mechanics. I was on a caster.

I just kinda tried to body block the gem-head topiaries while casting spells at the Windmill hoping to get its attention so it would come sit on the topiary.

Maybe it's just like Chinatown. Forget it Jake, it's Feywild.

Quote Originally Posted by straytext View Post
    Not who you're asking but I had the same issue. As much as I enjoyed the Windmill quest (huge Cervantes fan), the windmill fight itself was rather confusing.

Firstly, you're doing no real damage to the windmill and it regenerates what damage you did manage. That's fine if you know that's how the quest works but it took a while for the gem-headed topiary to make an appearance. Then you get the DM text that something is trying to avoid you. When you approach the gem-heads you have an interact icon when you hover them but, it doesn't do anything, you can't target them, they just wander about. Eventually you figure out that you need the Windmill to drop "on" them. I say "on" because the damage radius towards the topiaries of the Windmill is rather large, larger than the circle indicator. Which, could lead you to believe if you're not paying attention, that something else was the cause of the Windmill eventually shutting down.

1. The interact icon means something is an interactable. When you see that icon and nothing happens when you try to interact with it you start to wonder what sort of skill check you're failing.
    1a. So, no idea if there's a way to influence the gem-head topiaries or not. Just chase them around and try to herd them towards the Windmill.
    2. I have no idea what I did to actually finish that fight.
    3. I don't know why the Windmill needed to smash the gem-head topiaries. (other than to finish the fight. I get that was what needed to happen, but no idea why that might have been)
    4. I don't know if the Windmill was susceptible to aggro mechanics. I was on a caster.

I just kinda tried to body block the gem-head topiaries while casting spells at the Windmill hoping to get its attention so it would come sit on the topiary.

Maybe it's just like Chinatown. Forget it Jake, it's Feywild.
    I only ran this quest once, its short and very unique but now that I spend some time to think about it the above Mirrors my experience completely. You go up there not really knowing what's going to happen or what you are supposed to do. Some DM text flashes across the screen but its too much to read in the heat of combat and gone down to general chat too fast anyway. You sort of it complete it by accident fighting off the excess topiary creatures because you can't hurt the windmill, wondering what in heck you are supposed to be doing and at some point the special topiary lion ends up between you and the windmill and BLAM its over.

I spent a few extra minutes exploring the rest of the instance, there's a dead tree lying on its side on the edge of the landing up there where you fight the windmill where I managed in my explorations to get Dame Alonsa stuck. I also found the wizard that enchanted the Windmill and fought him but Dame Alonsa didn't give me that optional, I think it appeared when I found the secret door in the stone.

It would have been nice to have had that optional from the moment the windmill was destroyed or even before we took on the windmill, because for all I knew I was wasting a little time coloring in the map not about to discover an optional after quest completion.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw2000 View Post
    Assuming the spiders are intended to be a reused model and aren't a placeholder, I feel like the Crimson Foot model from Vale and a couple other places would be a good candidate for them. They aren't used as much so would be a bit more unique, and have more of a supernatural feel to them that fits better for an extraplanar area, but wouldn't require any extra art development if it wasn't originally planned.
    I feel like the best, most efficient option the artist could do is make a bit of moss/grass texture with some flowers/blooms and apply it to the spiders' thorax, apply same texture to Feywild Needle/vine blights, apply same texture to Feywild Shambling Mounds. Suddenly with one texture you have 4 new looking mobs or at least Feytouched mobs and the "Blossoming" labeled Needle/vine Blights of Frosty Reception are done. The Cerise Mound however would still need specific Cerise blooms.

This does still leave the Feywild Razorcats as looking too generic, too over-used, too Ataraxia's Haven for my taste. Also they look more fiendish than Fey.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

The Knight in question is named Dame Alonsa already!
    Thanks to everybody who answered me.

I don't know that fable by Aesop, si I need to look what it is called in my own language to understand the quest's title better.

My problem is just that I'm not used to this sentence structure. As far as I can think of it, either "the knight who cried" should be an already closed sentence, or after "the knight who cried" should be the actual words or sounds of what he actually cries (crying here in two meanings : either a variation of shouting, or being very sad).

Personally, I don't remember having learned ( to 90% BE, the rest 10% AE scquired through reading on internet forums) that the English language is capable of such a sentence structure like in "The knight who cried windmill". I'm not an language expert, but "windmill" seems to be the object in this sentence (and "knight" the subject) - I could of course be wrong as well, but according to my personal knowledge, this title makes no sense.
    It sounds to me as if I was writing "The Cardriver who shouted Natural History Museum".

That's the problem I have with this title.

But apart from that, I like the reference towards that bookworm-turned-knight.
    I have yet to read it, though.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Following on from my last critique on: Fables of the Feywild (Preview 1) [Post #40], we now continue with: Preview 2.

Personally I would have preferred that the quests could have also been accessed via the Test Dojo. Because I didn't have a lot of time; a lot was wasted having to travel through a massive wilderness. Therefore I simply didn't get enough chance to do the majority of the quests I was planning to enter.

I was treated like a dog in a castle.

The Feywild Wilderness: Apart from a few weird glitches that I mentioned prior, e.g. [Crash: (Standard): You are on server 12 at r4 lx513 ly1676 i3 ox26.32 oy83.30 oz801.01 h90.0.]. The Feywild, wilderness itself was too large for my personal preference. I enjoyed the music and some parts of the wilderness had interesting features.

Stranded on a chess board, I can't move.

Although the bluish cast lighting at times was a little too excessive. I don't think there was a night and daytime it was a little hard to tell.

Amongst the enormous branches of majestic trees.

At least there didn't seem to be a lot of weird paths, elevations or obstacles to the quest Dungeons so that was a huge positive.

Riding low on the drunken rivers.

Though because of the size of the wilderness even going as the crow flies some entrances took a while - too much precious Lamannia time - to reach.

The Endless Revels: obviously the quest has had further polish albeit the numerous Gardeners still seem to be a little confusing as they tell the same story. Also I don't think the Secret door actually made a sound when auto revealed via 'True Seeing'. I presume the voice-overs Satyr was meant to have a Welsh accent, it almost sounded Geordie so a little hard to say.

Witch Hunt: the steed still looks forlorn and unless it appears in any other of the Feywild content? The horse has been a completely shamefully underutilised artwork asset. The "It Tingles: You are in the presence of powerful, ancient magic. Get to high ground and look for its source.". Was bugged in this instance I was on a high rock outcrop. Actually the note with the "Curse" itself was on a completely different rock with a hollow log quite long distance away. So it correctly triggered there, but the other place where it triggered was a red herring. :-/

Make Believe: the map was completely terrible; it didn't resize, it moved across the screen minimised obviously its unfinished and broken. Also the NPC that ate the apple has a few typos in the dialogue.

But your words ring out just like murder.

Other than that the quest itself was short simple and reasonable. Basically the hero had to collect some items to allow them to enter a magically barred building and uncover an imposter. I liked that there was plenty of use regarding Social skills since generally things like that have been underutilised.

Curses on curses, I see no other way.

The main quest objective: Hyrsam's Lute, was actually a Fiendish Mandolin, which you could acquire before the final fight. So overall I liked the quest even though it was rather linear and short.

A Frosty Reception: there was a vast improvement in this quest since the first preview and a purging of String ID errors. I didn't manage to find one of the notes and part of the 'Southwing' Library seemed blocked by ice. Hitting the 'Q' key showed there were levers behind the ice blocked door. I didn't need to meet a Spider so not sure if that alters things. I completed the quest a lot faster because the NPCs functioned correctly.

Wake Me Up Inside: the objective was to find Lord Arden's name and lift a curse that sent him into a deep wakeless sleep.

And tell me I'm dream dream dream dreaming and I'll never wake up.

I liked the fairytale Troll under the bridge as with the majority of these quests the storyline plot was well constructed.

Dreams dreams dreams.

You might get reports by concerned parents of teenagers regarding: DDO promoting the encouragement of conducting witchcraft LOL. ;-)

The Legend of the Lost Locket: I didn't find the two keys though I had no need to search for them as it was easy to unlock the Sealed Treasury. However, had I needed to find them I would have probably become frustrated - this time I make a failed attempt at locating the Keys. The underwater area is very dark and murky so it's not always obvious where you can travel; bear that in mind, etc.

The Knight Who Cried Windmill: tilting and charging at windmills was pretty much what this Knight's quest was about.

The wind is biting down your neck.

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    Will the Mysterious Hut; grow two giant legs, walk around on its own terrorising the Harbour residents and sink ships with laser beam like rainbows?
    Where were the "laser beams" you forgot them – you had a poor spider lugging a Windmill cheapskates LOL. Anyway, I found the fight with the windmill confusing. The 'Summoned Topiary Lions' were nowhere in sight whatsoever when there was an announcement: "A creature sporting an unusual gemstone seems to be avoiding you."

Because of the weird lighting and the curvature of that area most of the time I was waiting twiddling my thumbs until a Lion with the gemstone reappeared. Other than being able to actually find the lions the fight wasn't too bad. I didn't really understand the secret cave area, as I had wondered off to do that and got it completed, before the correct Lions actually appeared. That fight needs some minor fine-tuning. Actually for a; protect the NPC type, the Knight herself was better than the usual run-of-the-mill. :-)

I only had enough time left to attempt one more quest by this stage so chose: 'Immortality Lessons' over 'The Thornwright' or 'Needle in a Fey Stack'. As I suspected it was a capstone so likely challenging.

Immortality Lessons: Harry Potter! Did Flimsy get hold of Hedwig and place her in his new maze? I liked the quirky concept overall, but I tend to loath losing my sense of direction if it's for long extended periods - I get far too disorientated. Refer to: [Post #40], and the note about my disability. The plot was fine overall even though the "Fiddle" playing was fun, it got a tiny bit repetitive after a while...

Watch the angels climb down as if they knew what was the matter.

NB: what I will bring to your Content Designers' attention the climbable ivy-like creeper was a great idea albeit it was NOT focusable unlike in other quests, e.g. the climbable vines (Particularly Sturdy Vines) in 'The Promise of Fire'. Hopefully, that was just an oversight until you complete all the work on the quest. You can actually see my Assassin climbing the "ivy" in the screenshot albeit I'm in Shadow Form. So you'll need a good monitor. Her head level is near the black background area; she's slightly left on the central part of the "ivy".

Like I said previously I'm not over found of complex multi-level mazelike areas if the maps provided are not overly helpful. That was the big letdown with this quest the map wasn't easy to follow and lacked markers. I think on one of the sides had roman numerals on the floor that were meant to indicate the level. If that was the case why weren't they used more frequently? Hint: create a good map with markers to help with the dungeon navigation.

I didn't complete the quest although I found the passphrase of the day: "Unbridled Bounty" and defeated the overgrown Goat or gave him a needle, etc.

Immortality Lessons.

I'm not sure if the quest was bugged or there was a surface I could climb I wasn't aware of. I assumed the cracked ceiling would allow access to the upper levels but it didn't seem to. Furthermore it wasn't possible to enter one of the sides after you had dealt with Hyrsam. So I don't have a clue why 'Clear a path out of this wing' never registered. :-/

I would hope there is a third preview as some of the quests were in a very rough-and-ready state. Again, I haven't gone into great detail and just reiterated those issues that I found most memorable
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 10-26-2020 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post

I don't know that fable by Aesop, si I need to look what it is called in my own language to understand the quest's title better.

My problem is just that I'm not used to this sentence structure. As far as I can think of it, either "the knight who cried" should be an already closed sentence, or after "the knight who cried" should be the actual words or sounds of what he actually cries (crying here in two meanings : either a variation of shouting, or being very sad).

Personally, I don't remember having learned ( to 90% BE, the rest 10% AE scquired through reading on internet forums) that the English language is capable of such a sentence structure like in "The knight who cried windmill". I'm not an language expert, but "windmill" seems to be the object in this sentence (and "knight" the subject) - I could of course be wrong as well, but according to my personal knowledge, this title makes no sense.
    It sounds to me as if I was writing "The Cardriver who shouted Natural History Museum".

That's the problem I have with this title.

But apart from that, I like the reference towards that bookworm-turned-knight.
    I have yet to read it, though.
    So...? you feel it should be changed to something like This Knight Cried "Windmill!" ? I mean yes the original title is idiosyncratic language but as its obviously recognized as to what its referencing in literature (both references simultaneously) by English speakers I feel that much like idioms it should stay. I don't expect all non-English speakers to recognize and instantly understand idioms but I've always enjoyed them as figurative language and enjoy learning new ones from other languages. Likewise I don't expect others to recognize all literary or cultural references I know nor do I expect to recognize all of theirs but I enjoy learning new things.

Its a story about a Knight that cried (shouted) Windmill! If there was a documentary titled: Elton John who sang Crocodile Rock, while it might sound a tad awkward I think it would be intuitively understood as a documentary about Elton John and probably have the song Crocodile Rock featured somewhere in the story.

Fants, I'm running DDO on an unsupported OS with my graphics on low settings: Very High (out of preference) without High Resolution. My hardware would be more than capable though my OS is a relic. ;-) I knew beforehand I won't be getting the most dramatic graphics results the game can offer so don't worry yourself. It's not a graphics problem you'll need to resolve. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fants View Post
    I'd be interested to know what graphics card you have, and what DX setting[9-11] you're running on.
    Graphics: ATI AMD Radeon HD 6410D, see the Card is beyond ancient LOL... The texture glitch only happened in one tiny place by the "Folly" and only once and sorted itself after some brief combat. The wilderness crashing wasn't too much of an issue. I just made sure I went much slower through that small area of the Wilderness to reduce the chances (and that seemed to work). The rest of the wilderness ran absolutely flawlessly.

I have Cisco Certified Network Associate qualifications; so I consider the constant unresolved DDO 'Chat server' and 'Friends List' issues (July 2020 onwards...) more of a nuisance - for me - than a tiny graphics glitch on an unsupported relic. No, I'm not injecting packets. :-)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post

My problem is just that I'm not used to this sentence structure. ...
    Perhaps the simplest answer to your query is to emphasize that "The Knight Who Cried Windmill" is NOT a sentence; it is a TITLE.

Titles do not have to be complete sentences; nor do they have to be grammatically correct, especially in cases where "poetic license" is being employed.

(If you are unaware of the English phrase "poetic license," it can be defined as: "the freedom to depart from the conventional rules of language when speaking or writing in order to create an effect.")

I hope this helps.

And just out of curiousity: assuming you are a German speaker, what is the Deutsche equivalent of "poetic license"? I'm sure there is a nice, compound noun to express this comment, as German is a particularly ambitious language when compared to English.
    Last edited by Andu_Indorin; 10-24-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Community Member

Default Update

THE THORNWRIGHT: Rating 2 of 5
    This quest is genuinely too short for a Legendary Quest; a player could be in the final battle in under two minutes.
    When I first ran this on HE, at Salix's Test I started run around the exterior of the room and some of the Bling Dogs activated and commenced attacking before receiving and accepting Salix's challenge. Is this as designed?
    One Idea: On Legendary, you might consider making the first root barrier to the right "unbreakable," rather like Tomb of the Blighted; indeed, you might it even give it the "fey" ability to inflict thorn damage equal to that which would have been inflicted upon the root barrier. And you might consider adding more such "unbreakable' root barriers, thus requiring players to navigate a sort of maze towards the north end of the quest. This could satisfactorily lengthen the quest for Legendary level play. Perhaps not an elegant solution to a design problem ... but two minutes to an end fight should be avoided.
    Last edited by Andu_Indorin; 10-24-2020 at 10:34 PM. Reason: specifying thorn damage for a Thorn Wright

I'm not sure if the quest was bugged or there was a surface I could climb I wasn't aware of. I assumed the cracked ceiling would allow access to the upper levels but it didn't seem to. Furthermore it wasn't possible to enter one of the sides after you had dealt with Hyrsam. So I don't have a clue why 'Clear a path out of this wing' never registered. :-/

Greetings! Can you walk me through your steps here in more detail? More specifically, did you find the exit to the wing and wind up in the quest entrance's courtyard area, up on the second level? Or did you just use Dimension Door to leave after you found the note that had one of the watchwords on it?

Also, after the final boss fight/end drama you *should* be able to re-enter the other wings to get anything you missed so I'll definitely take a look at that to be sure you can in fact do that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemist View Post
    Greetings! Can you walk me through your steps here in more detail? More specifically, did you find the exit to the wing and wind up in the quest entrance's courtyard area, up on the second level? Or did you just use Dimension Door to leave after you found the note that had one of the watchwords on it?

Also, after the final boss fight/end drama you *should* be able to re-enter the other wings to get anything you missed so I'll definitely take a look at that to be sure you can in fact do that.
    This appears to be the same situation I alluded when I earlier posted:
    "South Wing: DDoor appears to be available? Is this as intended? Placing a Teleport Lock Enforced might save unnecessary tickets to the GMs." AND ...
    "South Wing: Took me a while to find that final wall to knock down, camouflaged as it was by the rest/rez shrines. That was almost cruel!"

I ran around in circles for quite some time before I noticed the wall behind to Rez/Rest shrines. Subconsciously, I guess, through years of playing one tends to register the shrines and completely miss the background. And, as pointed out by Artemis, there is a ceiling early on that resembles a breakable wall/floor.

If you do add a Teleport Lock to the South Wing, you might consider adding a similar lock to the East Wing, even if it is completely unnecessary. These are tests, after all, and short cuts should be discouraged by design; and a teleport lock would reinforce the message (as well as adding a "Rescue the Eladrin" option, if that hasn't been added -- maybe???)
    Last edited by Andu_Indorin; 10-26-2020 at 02:46 PM.

I ran around in circles for quite some time before I noticed the wall behind to Rez/Rest shrines. Subconsciously, I guess, through years of playing one tends to register the shrines and completely miss the background. And, as pointed out by Artemis, there is a ceiling early on that resembles a breakable wall/floor.
    Yeahhhh, you see placing the rez shrines like that by the wall was my attempt to say, "hey look while you're using the shrine, a breakable wall!" But in practice that wound up having the opposite effect haha

Thank you all for your feedback on the quests, by the way

Also, a teleport lock not being enforced was a definite oversight on my part and will be implemented.

Your "rescue the Eladrin" comment I'm assuming is referring to the prisoners down in Ruddy Red's prison? While their dialogue and the DM text was a little bugged during the preview, after you defeat Red they say they're going to wait until it's safe and head out together.

I'll also mention somewhat unrelated to this that the "Curious Door" optional was bugged during the preview. When testing I found that it would always play the DM line but the door would most often not show up. Sorry about the confusion there!

Even though I also have qualifications in Linux server administration that wasn't the reference to relic, etc., I made earlier.

Update: For prosperity reasons I'll leave this post intact, due to my word-blindness I somehow amazingly failed to gather that Artemist, was enquiring about the quest: Immortality Lessons. Although the quest name was never mentioned. There was a small quoted section of one of my posts; regarding: 'Clear a path out of this wing', which obviously belongs to that quest. Instead because I misinterpreted the "question" I preceded to discuss 'A Frosty Reception', as that quest had a complex confusing map also, etc. (See below) :D

Artemist, Regarding 'A Frosty Reception' I cannot really recall clearly what steps I took (my short-term memory is faulty due to my disability).

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    [...] Note: I was officially diagnosed, with a fairly common cognitive disability when I was studying at University by an Educational Psychologist. One of the noticeable effects of my disability is I have a poor or faulty short-term memory and have trouble with sequencing. ...
    I'm not familiar with the quest room layout only having done it twice (and the map isn't that clean on how it all links). I probably would not have even been able to tell you on the day, the map sequence of routes I took LOL. I can only recall the events that took place; not specifically the paths I chose, i.e. I only can really recall it in a "holistic" fashion. For example: I lied to the Head Waiter, at some stage.

Greetings! Can you walk me through your steps here in more detail? More specifically, did you find the exit to the wing and wind up in the quest entrance's courtyard area, up on the second level?

Or did you just use Dimension Door to leave after you found the note that had one of the watchwords on it? ...
    I do clearly recall I did try to enter the 'Southwing' again, after the quest completed... As I suspected it might have been one of those scenarios where an "Optional" can trigger after the Completion (your feedback also suggests that). I was hoping the Ice-crystal wall rising from the floor would have melted to unblock the door - no such luck! :-/

[...] Also, after the final boss fight/end drama you *should* be able to re-enter the other wings to get anything you missed so I'll definitely take a look at that to be sure you can in fact do that.
    I do certainly know those Giant Ice-crystals were still blocking the door to the Library area after: Completion. :-(

I can only assume there was a way into the 'Southwing' Library section? I did have access to: Shadow Training V. So if she so desired, my Assassin could leave the garden instantly rather than climb out. I possibly used that "shortcut method" after the statue area. I know, I didn't walk all the way back to the Hag fight either.

Then there were several paintings anyway... So obviously at certain stages I will have certainly skipped walking back down all the long corridors and simply stepped through a portal. I did manage to fight the Giant this time and find the Secret door area. I did smash the orb held by the statue for that note. I can only presume the 'note' I never acquired was in the 'Southwing' Library area... Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Hopefully, you won't get random DDO forum crazies spamming your Inbox. :-)

I don't typically use Rest Shrines that often and won't have done in that quest; I'm not a Caster or boost basher, and I cannot recall a Dimension Door appearing or breakable wall for all it matters.
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 10-27-2020 at 06:03 AM. Reason: The speeding snowflakes, darting in complicated and improbable curves across her vision, created pictures which she could almost but not quite see.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    So...? you feel it should be changed to something like This Knight Cried "Windmill!" ? I mean yes the original title is idiosyncratic language but as its obviously recognized as to what its referencing in literature (both references simultaneously) by English speakers I feel that much like idioms it should stay. I don't expect all non-English speakers to recognize and instantly understand idioms but I've always enjoyed them as figurative language and enjoy learning new ones from other languages. Likewise I don't expect others to recognize all literary or cultural references I know nor do I expect to recognize all of theirs but I enjoy learning new things.

Its a story about a Knight that cried (shouted) Windmill! If there was a documentary titled: Elton John who sang Crocodile Rock, while it might sound a tad awkward I think it would be intuitively understood as a documentary about Elton John and probably have the song Crocodile Rock featured somewhere in the story.
    It would be clearer if there were quotation marks.

And to me, as a kid, Crocodile Rock was just another form of Rock 'n' Roll. Or a specific Rock 'n' Roll dance.

On the other hand, as a kid, I had always heard the foal on the hill whinnying ...

P.S. : Mark Twain (I learned the meaning of this name only last year) once wrote in his "Meisterschaft" play : "Even German is preferable to death ..."
    Last edited by Alrik_Fassbauer; 10-26-2020 at 03:34 PM.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Even though I also have qualifications in Linux server administration that wasn't the reference to "relic" I made earlier.

Artemist, Regarding 'A Frosty Reception' I cannot really recall clearly what steps I took (my short-term memory is faulty due to my disability).

I'm not familiar with the quest room layout only having done it twice (and the map isn't that clean on how it all links). I probably would not have even been able to tell you on the day, the map sequence of routes I took LOL. I can only recall the events that took place; not specifically the paths I chose, i.e. I only can really recall it in a "holistic" fashion. For example: I lied to the Head Waiter, at some stage.

I do clearly recall I did try to enter the 'Southwing' again, after the quest completed... As I suspected it might have been one of those scenarios where an "Optional" can trigger after the Completion (your feedback also suggests that). I was hoping the Ice-crystal wall rising from the floor would have melted to unblock the door - no such luck! :-/

I do certainly know those Giant Ice-crystals were still blocking the door to the Library area after: Completion. :-(

I can only assume there was a way into the 'Southwing' Library section? I did have access to: Shadow Training V. So if she so desired, my Assassin could leave the garden instantly rather than climb out. I possibly used that "shortcut method" after the statue area. I know, I didn't walk all the way back to the Hag fight either.

Then there were several paintings anyway... So obviously at certain stages I will have certainly skipped walking back down all the long corridors and simply stepped through a portal. I did manage to fight the Giant this time and find the Secret door area. I did smash the orb held by the statue for that note. I can only presume the 'note' I never acquired was in the 'Southwing' Library area... Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Hopefully, you won't get random DDO forum crazies spamming your Inbox. :-)
    So in my message, I was actually asking for the steps you took in Immortality Lessons to exit the magic-fiddle wing since it seems like you were still able to go onto the roof to confront Hyrsam. Sorry my message wasn't very clear, I should have been more specific in what I was asking! In any case no worries about what you remember from your play through.

For Frosty Reception's door in the South wing that is blocked by icicles, there is in fact another way into that room. It's hidden somewhere in the palace, and those icicles can be removed from the other side

Frosty Reception shouldn't break if you find another way out of the garden when the doors are locked, but in Immortality Lessons what I want to say happened is you might have used Shadow Training to leave the magic-fiddle wing and didn't find the "official" exit. Which is probably what stopped the objective "Clear a path out of this wing" from completing.

RE your note on maps not being clear: I appreciate you pointing that out, the maps used in Lamannia were not the final ones and I'll definitely address this so you can find your way around more easily

Community Member

Yeahhhh, you see placing the rez shrines like that by the wall was my attempt to say, "hey look while you're using the shrine, a breakable wall!" But in practice that wound up having the opposite effect haha

Thank you all for your feedback on the quests, by the way
    People actually use shrines?

Usually when I see their icon on the minimap that just tells me "oh ok I can skip that corridor/room/corner its just a shrine" lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast